The Beach Terrace

Good

Hotel was amazing with stunning seaview from balcony

Reviewed 8th November 2012

"I booked this hotel online for a birthday celebration for a 3 night stay. Hotel really clean and staff really helpful in all respects. Had a double room on first floor with balcony and seaview it is worth paying the extra cost. You could watch the sunset in the evening from your room which is really great. Bus stops 2 minute walk from hotel to get wherever you want to go. It is worth doing the island tour which leaves from St Peters Port bus terminal and cost £12.50 you get to see quite a bit of the island. Bus fares are 60 pence for a single trip. You can get a No.7 bus from the airport that goes to Cobo Bay Hotel they run every half hour. Food in hotel is good but evening menu is very fancy. The Rockmount Pub next door does lite bites for lunch and normal pub food in the evening but gets very busy on the weekend. Great hotel would highly recommend to friends. Room was immaculate and towels changed every day. Tea and coffee facilities were in your room and bowl of fresh fruit on arrival."

• Travel date: 11th August 2009

brilliant location

Reviewed 8th November 2012

"I read a lot of good reviews about this hotel before I went, so had high expectations, which were mostly met. The hotel staff - particularly the receptionists and the restaurant staff - were really nice and really friendly. The location is brilliant - the village of Cobo has just about everything you need: small supermarket, fish & chip shop, 2 chemists, a pub. The beach was great, even when it was busy it wasn't that crowded. Cold water but not so cold you couldn't swim in it. The room itself was a bit on the small side but the balcony was huge (this was a 1st floor room - the ones on the floors above are smaller). I would strongly recommend a room with sea view. I found the bedding quite heavy for the summer. The restaurant was a wee bit poncey but on the whole the food was decent and certainly reasonable price-wise. The restaurant was always busy and lots of local people ate in it. There is also a pub next door for more informal eating or you can catch the bus into town and eat there. All in all, a really good spot for a holiday."

• Travel date: 28th November 2008

Good location but problems with rooms

Reviewed 19th October 2012

"Stayed here for four nights, hotel located in beautiful position over lovely beach. Unfortunately my stay was marred by having to change rooms twice. The first room I had was very nice, but unfortunately had to move after bathroom tiles crashed into bath! The second room I was given was a good size but unfortunately positioned over the kitchens so there was a loud noise of the extractor fans going early in the morning and the evening (loud enough to wake me up). The third room I was moved to was a small single, again the extractor fan on the roof just outside the room was noisy, at this point I just put earplugs in as I was leaving the next day. As there was no air conditioning and it was a hot week I had no choice but to have the windows open although as they were not double glazed even with the windows closed the noise of the fans could be heard. The staff were fairly helpful throughout the stay but no apology was offered when checking out. Breakfast was ok but nothing special, food at dinner was delicious and reasonable. The rooms with balconies would probably be the best although the pub next door does generate quite a lot of noise in both the front road and car park well into the evening. If I had stayed four nights in my original room then I would probably recommend this hotel but unfortunately I would not go back unless I could be sure of getting a quiet room."

• Travel date: 14th October 2008