About Turunc Resort

• baggage storage
  • express check in check out
  • fax photocopying
  • entertainment staff
  • windsurfing amenities
  • water park

Good

nice place...if you can ignore the mediocre service

Reviewed Fri 15th of June 2012

"Great Location! Lovely village with good prices. Beautiful sea and weather all June. Plenty of the free sun-beds on the beach. Pools and Aqua-park not bad. Food delicious at evening, but lack of variety for lunch (should admit that lunch lasting only 1 hour for all the visitors at once, which causing great pandemonium and queues). Rooms are fine. We lived in the family room building #5, next to the Aqua-park. I recommend it as well as #4 for families with children- very peaceful and quite. Good service at the barber shop and spa, nice people and pricing.
It all could be nice, if you can ignore the specifics of other service. We saw managers who yell at stuff, which is dieing to sleep. We've been served Cold wash with coffee powder instead of Turkish coffee. We've been insistently drove out of the tables at the bar and told to eat ONLY at the restaurant, even though there were not free table at the restaurant. The beach was cleaned very bad and we had to lie near the garbage brought by sea in the second half of the day. And finely there was a small earthquake, and we've been told by locals that it is very usual...
Still, all children liked the place and were happy.
New this year: they got the beach towels system and free safes at rooms (though many visitors could not open their safe because of bad battery). "

• Travel date: Fri 15th of June 2012

Relaxing

Reviewed Fri 22nd of October 2010

" Just returned from Turunc with my 20 year old daughter... to sum up the holiday rooms were nice cleaning staff spot on.. a good choice of food for what we paid so good value for money... downfalls not impressed with the entertainment we had bad weather for 5 days which cant be help but felt all we could do was sit in out hotel rooms crawling up the walls... even when it rained you could only drink in doors at meals times then the lights went out... no indoor bar area at all... could not even get tipsy on the drink at all so tells you that it watered down to the hilt ... bar staff seemed to be more interested in my 20 year old daughter.. so i felt i had to be around her at all times... so average holiday entertainment needs more attention ... for those days you cant chill in the sun.... glad to be back home .."

• Travel date: Fri 22nd of October 2010

Great

Reviewed Tue 29th of September 2009

"Simply great. The Hotel, the staff, the food, the pools, the beach (apart from the little stones) the water park in fact the hotel had more or less everything you needed for a chill out holiday or a night club if you wanted to stay out a little later although I was told the music wasn't up to much.

Turunc is a lovely place with a nice little harbour although not very big enough shops bars and restaurants although being fully inclusive we didn't use these very often but did eat and drink out a few times.

Couldn't fault the food in the hotel, Freshly cooked food every morning noon and night.
Every evening the chefs would be barbacuing around the pool with fresh fish, chicken, kebabs, stirfries along with all other choices of hot and cold foods in the restaurants. The bread was to die for freshly baked every day on the premises along with home cooked pizza and pastries if you like that sort of thing but plenty of choice for every kind of palate. If you didn't eat at the restaurnat times you could always eat the the snack bar and drinks were available through until midnight. Tea, coffe, juices, water etc available all day and evening.

I would definately recommend this hotel for a chill out holiday. The rooms although some are very basic they are all clean and maid service every day with fresh towels. The staff were very friendly and reception staff very helpful. I wonder if half the the reviewers stayed at the same hotel because half the things they are saying are totally not true. Unless things have changed a lot since they went to the Hotel.

We will definately be going back there along with a lot of other satisfied customers.

• Travel date: Mon 28th of September 2009

holiday

Reviewed Mon 29th of June 2009

"We just got back from the Turunc hotel is was great, food was amazing lots of choice, staff was lovely couldnt do enough for you,the only thing i would say is dont have any treatments at the hotel very expensive £50 for a turkish bath it cost £9 when u go to the travel agents in town, i am going back in sept turunc is lovely very laid back "

• Travel date: Sun 28th of June 2009

Good and Bad

Reviewed Tue 6th of January 2009

"We travelled at the end of August/early September, age: 37, 33 and 3.

THE GOOD:
The location was amazing it's own private beach in a pretty, quiet fishing village. We stayed in the "new" block so accommodation was great, we did go into one of the rooms in the "old" block and they were passable, more old fashioned than anything. The pools, the private beach and the cave was great. There was also a small aqua park which was brilliant for our 3 year old and wasn't too busy. We spent 3 whole days here. The evening entertainment was just OK, our 3 year old loved it and there was a small park that she loved too especially during the evening (a bit hot during the day). We used Transfer Only, so it only took about an hour travelling (on the way there - just us) and about 1.5 hours on the way home as we picked other up in Marmaris. We used the taxi boat to Marmaris and Iclemer a couple of times and it was lovely. We had to use the Doctor during our stay and he was lovely. Some of the staff (waiters) were nice but I did get the impression they just wanted to get laid!!

THE BAD:
FOOD - week one was passable as there was a BBQ every evening, but week 2 was the worst I've ever had. We are convinced that during week 1 residents were mainly Russians/Germans and I've been told that they pay a lot for their holidays and tend to get better service/food than us Brits. Week 2 there were a lot more Brits and the food went down hill to the point were I had NOTHING to eat in the hotel and ended going to Marmaris for a good feed, and honestly am not a fussy eater. My daughter was OK as plenty of chips and burgers and chocolate cake to be had.
RUSSIANS: I never want to meet another Russian in my life - they are (can't use the word here sorry, but it rhymes with Anchors!)

On my last day I was very ill managed to get home and straight to A&E with gastroentoritis, don't know if the Hotel food can be blamed, but I was very ill for 2 weeks.

RECOMMENDATIONS:
Use Transfer Only.
The hotel is really amazing (except for the food) but 2 weeks was a bit too long and Turunc village is quiet too, but maybe 2 weeks would be fine if the food was better??
We paid £1,300 for 2 weeks All Inc in Aug/Sept and it was a bargain we spent about £300 in 2 weeks which was mainly spent on Travelling to Marmaris/Iclemer and food out. Bargain!
If the hotel could improve the food, some staff, and entertainment we would go back to this hotel every year!!"

• Travel date: Tue 6th of January 2009

A very good holiday

Reviewed Wed 29th of October 2008

"Hotel Turunc Turunc Turkey had a wonderful location.

Very picturesque and the view from the hotel room was breathtaking.

I think the web site needs to be updated as there are now 5 buildings and the Hotel now has a small outdoor swim fun park which has just been completed this year.

My main gripe was the condition of the hotel room especially the bathroom. Needs a major refurbishment which I believe is happening in some of the blocks of the hotel.

Would definately go again when the rooms have been brought up to date."

• Travel date: Tue 28th of October 2008

Girls Beware

Reviewed Thu 16th of October 2008

"The hotel itself was lovely the views were amazing and is set in a peaceful fishing village. HOWEVER some of the male hotel staff overstepped their professional role towards girls travelling alone, as we found that because we were 2 single girls going on a relaxing holiday before going back to university they tried to take advantage of this. They thought that all English girls going on holiday without a man are there to sleep with men, therefore ruined part of our holiday as we had to get management involved which was very uncomfortable. However the hotel and our rep was very helpful in this situation and this issue was resolved quickly. "

• Travel date: Thu 16th of October 2008

Before I went on holiday to turkey (in w...

Reviewed Sun 5th of October 2008

"Before I went on holiday to turkey (in which i stayed at hotel turunc) I myself was browsing on this website at previous reviews being left. I am 19 and my partner 22. So, we arent ones to usually complain. This was our first holiday abroad together and some of the negative experiences we encountered at the hotel (as followed) caused problems between us out there. So here goes...

1. FOOD was cold and not much of a selection there for people who do not like to eat salad or mashed potatoe every day. If ur a vegertarian - PERFECT. I myself am a desert lover - therfore, was fantastic for me come dessert and cake time! The desserts were stunning - oh, and the bbq's which unfortunately, was only available twice for the whole 2weeks i was there were for fantastic. Other than bbq's and desserts i must say for us, the food was quite bad - especially for a 4* Hotel.

The list follows...
The reception staff were very very un-helpful and extremely rude. I myself, work in a hotel and the reception staffs hospitality at this hotel was appaling! I had asked to make an emergency phone call to the UK. I was on the telephone for about 30minutes and once finished - reception demanded i paid 142 lira which is approximately £70! I was infuriated by this and asked to speak to the hotel manager. He was very rude and ignorant and demanded i pay this (baring in mind i was not told that this would be of additional cost until AFTER the phone call had been made) or he would cancel our flights and the police would be involved. I had told him we had run out of money and he would have to wait until money was put into my bank by my mother. 2hours later we had a message posted under the door threatening us to pay by 12noon the next day or "the other way will work" (meaning cancelling our flights and getting the police to escort us out of the hotel).

Another scenario was where we had left one of our key cards in the room - we approached reception and informed the "chief receptionist" what we had done she looked straight through us and stated "well, so". Enough said. They were extremely rude and i recommend you double check who you book with to ensure you do actually have a holiday representative (as we didn't!).
HOWEVER, the waiting staff were very pleasant, lovely and friendly and we couldnt fault them.

The all inclusive basis .. Breakfast, lunch, cake time, midnight soup. After these times you were not allowed anything else (including drinks).

The sea was lovely, beach was stoney (not at all sandy). Spectacular views - absolutely beautiful location. Very quiet so not for the more energetic people - Turunc i would say is not for young couples - more for young families and senior citizens. Night life was therfore, really bad - no entertainment except if board games til early hours are for you then so be it!

Transfers at the hotel were ridiculous we were made to wait an hour n half at the airport (we were told "stand over there") - no other communication was made. It then took us 3 hours to get to the resort after changing from a coach to a mini-bus because of the steep, twisty high roads we encountered. (There and back).
Airport prices are ridiculous. 26lira for a Mc donalds big mac meal which would be about £13! BE prepared for this - especially if flight meals arent included.

Overall, a quiet holiday - but a nice break. Wasn't too pleased about the weather but, i did go in september. Stunning views, rooms were standard. Wouldnt say this was a 4* hotel at all. But, for the price we paid it wasn't bad. A MUST in turkey : experience the mud baths - fantastic.

I hope my comments have helped some wary people of going. If your a young couple? Icemeler is the way to go as although its quiet it does ahve bars and a few clubs and lots of shops! More of a selection than you get at Turunc which is extremely quiet.

All the best.

• Travel date: Sun 5th of October 2008

just spent a week at turunc hotel all in...

Reviewed Tue 30th of September 2008

"just spent a week at turunc hotel all inclusive lovely location thats it if you like your food cold then this is the place for you as soon as you put it on the plate you are looking for a microwave only there isnt one there is a ladel in the potatoes so you can pour them on to your plate the food is the worst i have ever had lack of meat no variation allright if you like chicken nuggets and that sort of thing just disgusting 4 star no way more like 2 star resturant need to invest in heaters to keep the food warm however turunc is alovely place for a holiday would go back but not to this hotel"

• Travel date: Tue 30th of September 2008

this hotel was brilliant.very quiet and...

Reviewed Fri 1st of August 2008

"this hotel was brilliant.very quiet and in the middle of a mountain.( small bus took us as a large coach wouldnt have made it ) views were spectacular,although a little scary.you couldnt fault the food,cleanliness or the staff.this is ideal if you want a quiet holiday,there is a small village with shops selling clothes,food and leatherwear.cafes and bars are plentiful although a little dear.we went on a river taxi to iclemar which took about 15 mins,much larger town and the market was great.seems to be so much cheaper there too! overall we had a great time and would deffinately go there again."

• Travel date: Fri 1st of August 2008

just come back yesterday 23rd july,i cou...

Reviewed Fri 25th of July 2008

"just come back yesterday 23rd july,i could not fault this hotel at all it was fantastic and the views were outstanding.im going again next year but some good pointers for you are, 1,get your own transfers as we had to change buses twice and it took 3 hours to get there, 2,dont underestimate the weather its hot and i burnt my sholders in 20 mins,3,TAKE UR OWN FOOD TO THE AIRPORT AS IT IS VERY VERY VERY VERY EXPENSIVE,two beers two cokes one coffee was 56 ler whitch is about 15 pound a beer,8 pound a coke 9 pound a coffee!!!!!!!!also if you are delayed as were we the seats are hard so take a pillow."

• Travel date: Fri 25th of July 2008

i to went to this hotel and could not fa...

Reviewed Mon 2nd of June 2008

"i to went to this hotel and could not fault anything. the weather, view, people, food, drink. cleanliness, helpfullness, all perfect.

swim in comfort in the quieter pool or relax on beach which is just down afew steps.

go down to the other pool which has a veriety of games and music.

so good i am wanting to go again next year.

p.s there are local shops just a short walk along the beach with very helpfull and funny people"

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of June 2008

Hotels near Turunc Resort

Top traveller tips for Turunc Resort

• Fiona29owen by Fiona29owen

"I loved Turunc and Marmaris and would seriously consider Marmaris this Summer "

• Fiona29owen by Fiona29owen

"Turunc is beautiful and is growing. The old Harbour in Marmaris is beautiful. "

• Sandie2314 by Sandie2314

"Turunc is a lovely place to staty and the Turunc Hotel is by far the best in Turunc. "

• Sandie2314 by Sandie2314

"The boat trips are a must and very cheap. Just walk along the harbour abd book you will not be disa "

• Ali by Ali

"You pay for what you get "

Turunc Resort is also called