no sanitation in kitchen

Reviewed Thu 6th of August 2015

"It is in a fantastic location, very beautiful and great accommodations. You truly enjoy the sun, the cool water. Since its a little bit windy all the time and you can stand the hot weather. HOWEVER, we could not get to eat for our entire stay because all of us got sick every day. My kids, my husband, myself had continuous stomach issues. My husband saw one of the cooks using the already used and dripping grease from the meat tray and put it back on the meat to cook and we figured out why we were getting sick. So we stopped eating meat, then milk, cheese, basically we started eating very little and just rice, pasta and french fries we started feeling better. My four year old and six year old kept complaining about stomach pain. It doesn't help that we also saw many guests who DID NOT wash their hands after they went to the bathroom. Of course its not the establishment's fault though."

• Travel date: Thu 6th of August 2015

3 star room 4 star service

Reviewed Thu 29th of August 2013

"We are just back myself from a august 10 day stay, I have reviewed on Trip Advisor but I want to add a thank to Birmingham Airport which was a good experience, a smiley security lady there and on passport control returning! ( though I think they announced a final call to gate just on the board only, not announcing it to get us all on there early as we flew 15 minutes earlier)
But first the room. Stayed in block 2. Quiet and nearest to reception and it was a double room, the bedroom and bathroom. There was 3 of us but as I have been used to apartment rooms it was a shock how small it was but hey ho, you only wash and sleep in the room ( but to me it wasn't a 4 star room, the service and facilities etc are 4 star though).

Tip 1 Tea lovers. Our kettle was adequate so no need to take a mini kettle. We also took tea but my tea loving partner enjoyed the tea that was provided. Water is already provided in mini cooler under the TV. Milk from the bizaar ( market in hotel) was 9 lira... But there are plenty of places the beach bar , near the pool, biscuits provided in the afternoon. So if you arrive early hours of the morning they provide food for you but we needed bed, but discovered water cold drinks and hot drink provider in reception. Nice.

Tip 2 (which should have been 1) collected by Thomson mini bus to take to hotel which was ably driven and nicely welcomed by tour lady., the driver will take 10 liras of money for 2 bottles of water and not give you change (well ours didn't bah!!) But I was knackered and left it. But just be aware.

Tip 3 Wi-Fi . You had to get reception to authorize use of WiFi so you could use it in your room and near the pool. It works very well in reception, but outside reception WiFi worked best near entrance of the market.In the room didn't really work.

Tip 4. Nobody that I saw was struggling to get a seat, at 8.45 there were still a few places by the pool on loungers but if there were no loungers, the deck chairs in certain places were very comfy, we went under the beach shelter, on the beach, equal distance to beach bar (Adim was Fabby by the way :) ) and the very clean pool , toilets and a little further to the snack bar. So you will always have a seat etc even those wandering down at 12pm.

Tip 5, take pashmina/ thin cardie as it's very breezy in the evening. However breeze means less mozzies so I was only bitten once in 10 days.

Tip 6. Money we took 300 pounds about 800 lira for 3 which went on prezzies, tips, rotten Turkish mini bus drivers ( more of that later) safe, that is not including paying the tours. The hotel deals with both euros and lira but if you plan shopping in Bodrum, liras are okay. If it wasn't for the mini bus driver taking us to airport to depart, was demanding money to clean his bus after our child was sick OUTSIDE. We offered 20 liras to say thanks and it was aggressively "NO NO, More MORE" (we promise no sick inside and we have reported the incident) we still would have returned with 60 lira. Cigarettes are 9 lira in the market btw.

Tip 7 Trips. Bodrum night was very good but only after the visit to the gold center ( was all right but a few weren't bothered and the meal, nice meal but drinks very expensive. The meals offered on the trips are nice but basic, Neapolitan spaghetti and veggie pizza for vegetarians chicken, fish and meatballs for others.
After the meal the market area is really nice and you can haggle but be prepared for no answers, and we got the majority of pressies in the 3rd night in which is unheard of and I got a nice handmade leather small bag unusual design for 60 liras, very happy. We also went to Dalyman for the mud and turtle beach experience, most of the day lovely but at the beach for the turtles wasn't nice, 4 loos blocked and the beach was meh. I think a lovely beach spoiled by people. Water was so warm though and we only got an hour there. The dalyman trip you were outside to be picked up at 6.30 am and a lot of travel to there and back but I do recommend it ( even tho the mud spa stinks!!!).

Tip 8 A la carte restaurants at the hotel. The Baia restaurant opens 3/4 days a week. you need to book asap to get in, in reception there is a black monitor type thing which you enter room number and full date of birth ( ie 12 12 2012), and to save you the trouble of repeatedly going to and fro make sure that you know all whose going, so pre order meals choices. There is a paper menu on desk on reception so do the booking as a group, all of you there, or it is a pain. Reception will send you to the monitor most times anyway.
Tavern by the sea booking is easier.... room number etc tick tick done. The menu that you look at is what they cook and serve so if you are a veggie like me, you can eat the starters and a mushroom and cheese thing but the main dish The thing they brought out contains all that is cooked in there is meat and veggies together. I didn't realize this but my two was happy to eat the main as i had the starters. Both meals were gorgeous and service faultless ( hi to Chein from Baia who offered us tiffin ;) oh and the wine is nicerin the two places, and puddings at Tavern were lovely. A 10 day stay meant we could eat at both restaurants.

Tip 9 Don't take beach towels if you don't want to. reception will change them and give you clean ones. Tuesday no cleaning is done and sheets were changed after 7 days, but I assume you need to ask at reception if you need clean sheets sooner.

Tip 10 the White cat with the sunburn ears is not a nice cat. The cat who you will see who loves to hunt is adorable ( shouldn't pet it but it did rest under my lounger and was so cute) the cats get chicken at the Catdonalds near restaurant, so thin but fed.

Summing up Great holiday, great service before tipping and we tipped as it was so deserved, case taken to and from room.
Fantastic Rep in Craig he was Fabby (Hope you get to go to Mexico Craig!) so so good to all of us (didn't see Helen much but she was nice).
Despite location we never felt it was so boring and lonely, beds were hard though and we were there at peak season and despite many people there we had space and relaxation, which being a big hotel we were nervous about, but it was fine.
Food fine and there are people who will help you with dietary problems and much is marked whether it is vegetarian or gluten free etc.
There are lifts and although none of us are in a wheel chair and there are disabled facilities ie places on the beach that a wheelchair could access, I could see you could struggle, but obviously anyone who has a disability needs to check with Thomson a bit more as I don't really know. If you have booked then you should enjoy, have a good one :D

• Travel date: Sat 17th of August 2013

WOW

Reviewed Fri 10th of February 2012

"we stayed here on honeymoon in august 2011 and we had a totally amazing time, hotel spotless, food lovely although slightly repetitive, we arrived at 3am and was greated by staff who brought us drinks and snacks and as we arrived in our room we was greated by a bottle of champagne,bowl of fresh fruit and rose petals scattered on bed, which was a beautiful touch!!! staff was all extremley friendly and couldnt do enough for you. adult only pool was very relaxing and blissfully quiet, also thought all the fridges filled with cold water where a nice touch, we are going back with the kiddywinks this year as we found it THE IDEAL place to go with children, looking forward to going back :)"

• Travel date: Thu 9th of February 2012

Not worth for paid money

Reviewed Thu 4th of August 2011

"we visited this hotel since 11 years and this year the owner has been changed... The food was this year very very bad and poor comparing to paid fee... As red meat we became every day meatballs made by foodundustry ( it is not just compareable to the türkish meatballs ) ... and just produced in factory.. was only to shame ! I wanted to take one evening a raki, but was not to drink.. Realy wasted money..."

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of August 2011

Amazing Hotel ++++

Reviewed Mon 1st of August 2011

"I never really write reviews, but since seeing bad ones being written about the Bodrum Imperial, I felt the need to tell people how amazing it is...

I stay in 4 star hotels every year, and the Bodrum Imperial is one of the best I've stayed in. We arrived around 3 o'clock in the middle of the night; and were greeted with a warm welcome and sandwiches which was nice. The staff took our suitcases for us and gave us a map to show us how to find our rooms, which took less than 5 minutes to get too.

This was my first time travelling to Turkey, me and my boyfriend are in our 20's, and we went away with my mum and dad (40's) and my little sister who is 11. Considering we are all of different ages, every one of us thoroughly enjoyed out stay at the hotel.

The complex is fairly big with 3 pool, we stayed at the big main pool every day. Which was really fun, the big slide is a nice touch, and there was always music playing; which myself and my boyfriend loved. My parents spent one day at the adult pool, which is over 16s only, and very quiet. They loved it and said it was very relaxing and a nice place to chat to some other adults with no noisy children. The sunbeds were not an issue for us, you need to get them around 8oclock at the main pool, and there is always a few still left at the adult pool at around 12; so not too bad at all. Plus if you cant get any theres loads on the private beach; which is beautiful. Me and my partner loved walking along the pier and jumping in the sea, swimming out to a big float and sunbathing in the middle of the sea AMAZING. We also went canoeing, which is free, and good fun.

Now the food, I really dont understand how anyone could moan about it!! so much choice, massive salad selection, lots of meat, pasta, soup, dozens of different fresh bread rolls and loafs. Lovely appetisers in martini glasses and on fancy spoons, and the turkish themed night was really good. One night there was steak which was gorgeous, and on some nights you were given a glass of champagne as you walked into the dining room. I never had to que, maybe for a minute if that; also if something runs out they replace it straight away. The pool snack bar throughout the day is ok for chips and pizzas, stuff like that, oh and ice cream. The pancake hut next to the beach is lovely, fresh pancakes with sweet or saivoury fillings. We dined at the turkish a'lacarte restaraunt one night, which was a nice change and really good service.

The rooms were a good size, with lots of storage space. Air con was wonderful, had to turn it off some nights as it made the room too cold! Loved sitting on the balcony with a beer and a magazine! Entertainment was OK, aimed at childre, but it is a family resort. Thomson staff work sooo hard and are extreamley friendly. Anyway I've written too much already, I could praise this hotel all day long. Amazing holiday, didnt want to leave!"

• Travel date: Fri 29th of July 2011

Perfect in Low Season

Reviewed Mon 1st of August 2011

"We stayed at the Bodrum Imperial for 2 weeks in mid-June and had a great family holiday.

We travelled with a 3-yr-old and a 1-yr-old, and found the hotel, staff, and facilities clean and well organized. All the entertainers and kids' club reps were brilliant, professional, and the kids loved it on the occasions we let them stay up to watch the stage shows. Possibly a bit grating after 2 weeks but no one is forcing you to watch it every night. It is possible to make your own entertainment too.

The waiting staff were friendly and couldn't do enough for us. One waiter even changed his day off so that he could organise my daughter's birthday party.

When we were there I couldn't fault the food. We found a suitable variety on the main buffet to satisfy a fussy 3-yr-old (nuggets/burgers, pizza in the snack bar, battered fish, always plain rice, potatoes, or chips on offer and 3 choices of pasta and loads of bread or fruit, even peas and sweetcorn some days). Much easier than trying to order something in a restaurant for them every day. For a 1-yr-old it was more tricky but I was prepared for this so took pouches of own food from home as well as nibbles from the buffet. For adults there is so much choice available you'd have to be really fussy not to find something. Variety and choice of salads, pastas, bread and fruit, as well as specials including Italian dishes, fajitas, and Turkish food (in Turkey even..)

Having said this, we were there in June and the restaurant was not full. Not sure I'd fancy it in high season.

Yes the pool is cold but we were all very happy in it - who wants a warm pool on a 40deg holiday?

There is not much in the surrounding area but we were well aware of this before we went and found we didn't need to go anywhere else with young children. Excursions were available at a cost if you wanted to venture further afield. Or if this really bothers you, choose a hotel closer to other towns or attractions.

My only criticism would be that I'd like it to be a little more Turkish - "TFM" around the pool was extremely annoying. Turn off the random British "guess the year" and put the local radio station back on!"

• Travel date: Wed 27th of July 2011

Excellent relaxing holiday in top resort!

Reviewed Mon 18th of July 2011

"Have just returned from Bodrum Imperial (Magic Life) after a wonderful holiday.

We went all inclusive for a weeks package and arrived early morning after a night flight. We were greeted on reception and were quickly given our rooms and the gentleman even offered to take our suitcases to our rooms for us.

On entering our room, i was pleasantly surprised by how clean it was. Throughout the week, our room was cleaned daily and fresh towels. Also, the bed was a real double bed and none of this two single beds pushed together like a lot of hotels seem to be doing these days!

The resort itself was also fantastic, for kids...the activity pool with the slide is brilliant, and for adults and young couples, the relax pool for +16 is quiet and relaxing!

Food wise...like most all inclusive was a little repetitive, but they give you a free turkish a le carte meal for one night and the buffet for the rest. There are plenty of choices as well. Also the snack bar by the relax pool is excellent.

Evening entertainment is always fun, with the typical shows by the reps as you would expect, but they cater for both getting the kids involved and having fun and keeping the adults entertained at the same time.

The beach is ok, lots of sunbeds on the beach if you cant get by the pier.

The only thing i would say is do not go to the shop next to the pool bar, they seem to make prices up as they go along, we even got quoted £30 for a bottle of sun cream, but just laughed it off.

All in all, i highly recommend anyone from families to young couples to Bodrum Imperial!

Also top marks Thomson for flights, excursions and everything running so smoothly. "

• Travel date: Fri 15th of July 2011

I am sorry for this hotel

Reviewed Fri 7th of October 2011

"we are having our summer holidays since 11 years in this hotel.. we visited this hotel in June 2011 again.. the owner has been changed and just another concept now. The food is very poor ( was in the past wonderfull )
We changed the place of our next holidays. "

lets be honest

Reviewed Mon 18th of July 2011

"come on know! lets be honest the pool and the staff where spot on the rooms where clean the grounds where super, but the FOOD.. breakfast, good if you like your food luke warm or even cold, dinner was like scrag and bash running out of things all the time.when you ask all they say is its finished then you see someone with what you`ve asked for. they need to look at this if they cant keep up. the transfer to bodrum airport took 2.5 hours, we where the 1st to be picked up at 10am with 2 small children then did`nt pick any more children up from the other hotels with 1 of my children being really sick not good.must say the rep did her best. but has for the holiday its self we loved it. my kids 7 & 4 really enjoyed it. so mush to do never bord. night time entertainment they loved, and if there happy im happy. but not every thing advertised was open little naughty i think. once again must say the team at the bodrum hotel where great and i`ed like to say thank you, your the one`s who made the holiday a good one.....thankyou..x"

• Travel date: Fri 15th of July 2011

Amazing trip will book again next Year

Reviewed Thu 16th of June 2011

"Me my wife and 2 children. Stayed here at the beginning of the season.
The rooms were huge clean and kept vey tidy every day.
We loved our holiday here its great for young families and couples. The place is breathtaking although its a bit remote it didnt make any difference.The kids were happily entertained.The staff are all hard working and dedicated a special big special Thank you to Sever Uzun the Restaurant Manager who was always so happy to help he is a real credit to this Hotel.No task was too big or small for him.
Cant wait to go back next year and enjoy another dream holiday at this place . Amazing Thank You."

• Travel date: Thu 9th of June 2011

AMAZING! ,STAFF COULDNT DO ENOUGH 4 U , would luv 2 go back !!!

Reviewed Sat 30th of March 2013

"we arrived at hotel at 2am an they had welcomed us with food an drinks for everyone that arrived there, wasnt expecting this an i was quite impressed. this was the best all inclusive hotel ive been to, the staff are wonderful they really cant do enough for you,i would defo recomend this hotel to anyone who s thinking of going."

• Travel date: Sun 15th of May 2011

Great resort

Reviewed Thu 28th of March 2013

"Our second visit here and it was even better than last year. Everything is beautifully clean and tidy, the service is excellent and the food - wonderful. The animation team were great and provided a full range of sports & activities all day but never pressurised anyone to join in if they didn't want to. The evening shows were first rate with high energy dancing and fab costumes, appealling to all nationalities there. The variety of food at the buffet was outstanding, I don't think I have ever seen such a selection at a salad bar! The different restaurants were well worth the morning queues to book, all set in gorgeous outdoor locations around the resort.
The resort is located in a lovely bay but too far away to walk to any other attactions or night life so for a peaceful holiday it is perfect. We didn't spend a penny all holiday, it really was All Inclusive! The only thing it lacked was free wifi but that wouldn't stop me coming back!"

• Travel date: Fri 8th of October 2010

Hotels near Bodrum Imperial

Top traveller tips for Bodrum Imperial

• happychappy by happychappy

"Waterpark trip was good fun! Visit Bodrum centre to get a true feel of Turkey. Go canoeing and jump off the pier on the beach! "

• djg by djg

"the kids club where great "

• J smith by J smith

"Get some trips booked before you go "

• Donald by Donald

"It was very good till this year :-( "

• paul_slegg by paul_slegg

"Trip to the Saturday Markets - it is very busy and in your face, but you have to go for the experience. "

• HappyMummy by HappyMummy

"I'd recommend upgrading to a family room as there was lots more space with separate bedroom for the kids. "

• Tugba E by Tugba E

"do not book here until their food/kitchen gets MUCH better "

• lil-leah-cole by lil-leah-cole

"a trip to the local turkish spa is a must "

Bodrum Imperial is also called