This hotel is now closed.

Hotels near Kervansaray Resort

exterior view bungalows

Beautiful kervansaray

Reviewed 20th June 2013

"We've just returned from a one week stay in kervansaray this isn't our first visit. They have completely refurbished the rooms to a very high standard and the introduction of tea and coffee making facilities is a godsend . The rooms , hotel etc were spotlessly clean and towels bed linen etc changed daily . Food as always was excellent with plenty of variety ,so much so I came home a few kilos heavier . The bar in the hotel is now all inclusive for 24 hours for those of you who like to drink into the small hours .The main change I found was the staff and I mean all the staff so much more professional and very very nice nothing was a problem I must mention that we lay at the beach most days just to get a bit of breeze and one member of staff stood out for us and that was Nurten complete angel always smiling and helpful we asked for ice for our drinks but she said they didn't have any and next day sure enough she brought me a coke with ice ( buz) it's just the little things sometimes that make a holiday special so we thank you Nurten for making our holiday special . I also have to mention hotels location in an area outside bodrum called Torba it's one of the most beautiful idyllic places totally unspoilt just perfect really ."

• Travel date: 15th June 2013

excellent value for the money

Reviewed 25th May 2011

"we have just returned from Turkey after out 4th vist in this area. we had a very good relaxing holiday, food was excellent, excellent room which was very clean. we found the facilities were excellent, the only minor complaint that we found was that the pool bar served the drinks in very small polystyrene cups which brought the quality of the hotel down, and the inside bar was overcrowded with chairs next to the bar. and finally the toilets near to the shops/spa were frequently out of toilet paper, soap and hand towels and was not maintained to a proper standard. other than that the rest of the hotel more than made up fot the short cummings and we would not hesitate to go back there again"

• Travel date: 24th May 2011

3 star Kervansaray

Reviewed 1st September 2010

"My family and I have returned today from 17 nights at the Kervansaray hotel in bodrum. The turkish tourist board give this hotel a 5 star rating and Thomas cook a 4 star rating. In our opinon it is more 3 star than 4 and certainly nowhere near a 5 star. The hotel needs an immediate makeover along with all of the rooms and bungalows. The furnishings are extremely modest to say the least.We also found that old beds taken from rooms would be left in the corridors outside he rooms for days on end and eventially moved after complaints from guests. Some of the staff are helpful, but for many others it is a struggle as they seem to have lost interest, maybe because it is all inclusive, so the tipping from holiday makers is not really there for them. An awful lot of the glass wear and china is badly chipped and does not set a good impression and in some cases the glass wear was dangerous for the younger and older clientel. I would say 30% would need binning. The dinning hall usually impressive in most hotels was very plain and like a school dinning hall, with no focal point. It was also like a school hall for the table arrangements, every man, woman and child for themselves, extremely poor for a hotel. The food was ok, but was very repetative. The entertainment was very poor and only suitable really for young children. We watched the entertainment on a couple of occassions and walked out halfway through, half an hour was more that enough. We took the Dolmus (Bus) most evenings into either Bodrum town centre and also the lively Gumbet and had some good times in both. We also went to the Tuesday market in Bodrum town centre, not a friendly market at all, with very agressive market traders and in some cases very rude and personal, especially to the older holiday maker. Turkey is no longer cheap, this is my third visit to the country, Atalya, Mammeris and now Bodrum. They have seen me and my family for the last time I am sad to say, because it has definately taken a massive step for the worst. "

• Travel date: 31st August 2010

Holiday with teenagers- fantastic venue

Reviewed 11th August 2010

"This was our third time staying near Bodrum, which is a buzzing town with shops, boat trips, bars and restaurants and serviced by dolmus mini buses all through the day and night. There is also a free hotel shuttle bus. I notice one reviewer had trouble with travellers cheques - we just used the normal cash points, all of which have instructions in English. This was our first time in the Kervansaray Hotel and we were with teenagers who found friends very quickly and enjoyed all the hotel facilities as well as the town. We were really impressed by the efficient staff at the front desk and in the all inclusive restaurant. The food was very varied and catered for all nationalities and tastes- always fresh. The Spa area is also worth a mention as the staff there do a range of excellent treatments and certainly offer value for money. There is a music sociable pool area - but if you want the sound of the sea then there is a cable car down to the crystal clear waters and access facilities away from the main pool. There is also a slide area in a separate pool. The hotel evenings are relaxing and they have regular guitar music and a very good pool party. It is a beautiful location and definitely worth its rating and positive feedback."

• Travel date: 10th August 2010

Where do I start ?

Reviewed 14th July 2010

"My fiance and I returned from this resort yesterday, its the first time that I have been to Turkey and if this experience is anything to go by it will be my last.We were in room 1621 it resembled a premier inn room with a balcony thrown in. I personally would rate this hotel as 3 star plus, although it has recently been graded as a 5 star !! The food needed a bit of spice as most of it was quite bland. The breakfast offered of turkish sausages in a tomato based sauce, eggs, cheeese, olives, tomatoes, salad, various breads and cornflakes was fine initially but after a few days you were weary of it, the luch and evening meals were a slight improvment but you knew that what was left over was going to appear the next day in a different form ! tomato soup became tomato and rice soup........but be warned the midnight buffet offered also consisted of left over offerings from the meals of that day which on one evening stretched to olives, cheese, bread, and soup.... If your looking for a relaxing hol then be warned from early in the morning your exposed to dance music loudly played around the pool its more like an club 18-30 establishment. The evening entertainment is rubbish ! you've got 2 men sittng on stools playing guitars, we met 6 people who had been there four years ago and they were shocked to see the same act doing the same songs they even played the same CD during their hour brake... next you had the Ampitheatre which has an evening show from 10pm-11pm, we went on the second night and watched a man walking on broken glass he then walked on a bed of nails but after watching him for 30 minutes you were bored senseless. We decided to give it a miss for a few nights then tried again this time we saw grown men dressed as babys crawling around the stage wearing nappies!! maybe its my british sense of humour but we failed to find this funny and decided not to bother with the Ampitheatre we knew we hadnt made a mistake as we watched people leaving the act in droves each night. There's nothing within walking distance of the hotel you have to go into Bodrum which is 10 kilometres away the minibus service is good. I would suggest booking an hotel in Bodrum as youve got bars and clubs if you want to visit them, plus lots of restaurants. One thing you must be aware of when ordering your free alcohol, we felt drunk after just a couple of drinks we ordered one large whiskey and one large brandy, we noticed that they tasted the same ! on enquiring with the bar staff he produced a bottle which was labelled " Whiskey, Brandy, Vodka !!!!! they have it all mixed together in one bottle, thats one way to get you drunk very quickly, SO BE WARNED............ One plus to this hotel was the staff the cleaners, bar staff, and waiters in the dining room were excellent they are a credit to Kervansary resort, nothing was too much for them to do, even when faced with rude, obnoxious diners they remained polite and courtious.One thing I do feel needs addressing is the fact that during our stay there was at least 150 plus children staying of various ages, the parents of which appalled me to say the least the dining room became a play ground as they ran amok playing tag, whilst the dining staff tried to carry trays of glasses and plates around the dining room, to the point where I personally complained to the guest relations representative as its a serious accident waiting to happen. Thats not a dig at the hotel but I do feel that they need to re-itterate the fact to parents with children that they have a responsibility to ensure that they are in control at all times of their kids otherwise someone will inevitably have a serious accident for which they will sue the hotel. "

• Travel date: 5th July 2010

Great value hotel with everything you could want

Reviewed 8th June 2010

"This was my 1st time to Turkey and I just wanted a clean hotel with decent food and kid's entertainment. The rooms were huge, I had a double bed, my 18 month old had a travel cot and my son had a single bed, with still enough space for a sofa, armchair and coffee table. The pools were fabulous, baby pool was perfect with 2 slides, main pool was huge with swim up bar and the aquazoom/slide pool was also v nice. With 3 kids of 5, 3 and 18 months, the kid's club every afternoon was ideal, my older 2 couldn't wait to go there after lunch and made some great friends. The mini disco every night also impressed them both. Spot on. As for the food, well, it was just lovely. A huge selection for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and if that doesn't keep you full up, the Snack Bar from 12-5pm made to order burgers, pizzas, hot dogs, jacket potatoes and chips. At 5pm every afternoon cakes and local biscuits were brought out for afternoon tea and the ice creams ran out after 40 minutes of starting to serve, but the kids all loved a cone, and this was a great afternoon treat. Lunches and dinners were buffet style, an overwhelming selection of salad and dips, dolmades, stuffed peppers/tomatoes, cheeses, hams. They had freshly cooked stuffed pitta bread with spinach and/or cheese. All different breads and rolls. As for hot food a selection of chicken, turkey, fish, beef, rice, veg and potatoes. And desserts were fab, gateau, profiteroles, baklava, fresh fruit. The all inclusive drinks meant you can help yourself to red/white wine on a tap. Most alcholic drinks were available at the bar and most spirits made locally and mixers were free. If you want brand names like Baileys or Cointreau they charge a concession, but wine/beer and vodka/gin was fine for our family. There was a animation team running activities daily, so if lounging around all day is not for you, there were aqau aerobics, rifle shooting, volleyball in the pool. It was a great entertainment team. All in all, for the money paid and the standard we got, I will definitely be going back again. Only some one who strives for impossible standards could fault this hotel. A+"

• Travel date: 8th June 2010

absolutely fantastic holiday

Reviewed 7th June 2010

"I could not fault this hotel. There were 4 adults and one 3 year old in our group. All of us enjoyed our stay. Definately try the turkish bath in the hotel, this includes sauna, massage and face mask. It is a lot dearer but you feel like you are glowing when they are finished. Staff were amazing and really go all out for kids. The staff that run the kids club and the night entertainment for them are really fun and seem to enjoy their work. Food was lovely, although everyone has different tastes they catered well for all. My only gripe is the shop in the hotel - don't go. It cost around £17.00 for one bottle of ambre solaire sun lotion and everything else is similarly dear to buy. Also the pool isn't heated."

• Travel date: 7th June 2010

beautifull Hotel, fab holiday!

Reviewed 17th November 2009

"First time in Turkey as was basically worried sick about food poisoning etc. Got to hotel and felt like royalty. Food was amazing, hotel had everything you could ask for went with my husband and 6 year old son and we all had a fab time with no sickness or illnesses at all. would definately recommend this hotel for any age. "

• Travel date: 14th November 2009

Great Holiday - No Complaints AT ALL

Reviewed 30th July 2009

"We have just come back from a really good week's holiday at this hotel with our three teenagers (15-18) who thought they could only stand being with us for the one week but wish we had all stayed for two. We were very warmly welcomed when we arrived early afternoon and as our rooms weren't immediately ready they took our bags and escorted us down to the restaurant for a very nice lunch and drinks. Our rooms were spacious with good views and we couldn't fault them. Cleaners were good,Reception were helpful through out our stay and we found all the Bar Staff and Waiters to be pleasant and very obliging (even though we were English- see previous reviews) Pools were good and clean, and we all enjoyed the pool slides (pool near hotel entrance). We did spend more time down by the sea on a very clean decked area, where there were ample sunbeds and umbrellas at all times - with two beach bars and a cafe. To get sunbeds around the pool, one of us had to be down there by 8am - but then we had a swim and went for a nice breakfast, we can recommend the omelettes and fresh pancakes and fruit. We found the food to be of good quality and varied with a good choice of salads. Our teenagers joined us for every meal! We especially enjoyed the BBQs every evening-the fish was the best we have had on an all-inclusive. If you want Chips, Pizzas, Burgers and stuff- they are available at the snackbars. We liked the turkish wraps at the beach bar. Bodrum is worth visiting, especially the Market, Castle and Marina and it is easy to catch a dolmus(bus)from and back to the hotel entrance for less than a pound each way. But we mainly ate at the hotel. There was live music at the pool bar till 12 and then a disco which our lot went to every night till the early hours and made some good friends. It is true that the after midnight you have to pay Brighton prices for a drink, but all we will say is with six bars and a restaurant open from 10am until midnight between them that was indeed sufficient for us................. "

• Travel date: 28th July 2009

The Krap Kervansary

Reviewed 8th July 2009

"Well what can i say we arrived at 12.00am at reception no greeting none of the staff spoke english,was taken to our room which was ok! the vue from the room in the morning was a building site.We went down to brekfast which was ok (depends what you like) then went to get a sunbed which there aint enough of!! The bar staff are VERY RUDE they do not like the english at all they ignored us all the time this is no 5* hotel.Then for the cleaning or should i say the none cleaning of the room the bath was never cleaned for the whole week we were there the bed wasn't changed and we had the same towels all week!!! Ive been in better 2* hotels and we paid a hell of alot of money for this holiday never again will i be going back!! All i can say is if you decide to go to this hotel GOOD LUCK because you'll need it."

• Travel date: 7th July 2009

fab holiday

Reviewed 7th July 2009

"we have just returned from one of the best holidays i have ever had!Kervansary resort lived up to all expectations, the rooms were well appointed, very clean (clean towels evry day)the resturants were amazing, i challange anyone to not b able to find something they liked,u coud eat and drink all day if u want, staff were very friendly and helpful and the facilities were plentiful if u wanted to b at the busy pool with activities to the water park or the smaller quiet pool were we spent most of our time with free sunbeds and brollies to go round.There is a chinese resturant on site and an a la carte resturant wich we saved till the last nite and was well worth waiting for,free regular transport in2 bodrum,and gym and health club facilities on site (most free)watersports also included.the only negatives to the holiday was the walking conditions which we were warned about in the brochure,it is built on a hillside leading down to the sea and the pavements and roads r cobbled but there r esculators and a ski lift down to the sea, so there r compensations.it is a hotel which caters 4 evryone including small kids with activities 4 all age groups"

• Travel date: 6th July 2009

charming hotel

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"i found the hotel lovely, the food good, the cleanliness second to none and the staff very charming. We had only booked the cheap room and found it quite adequate. The only downside to my holiday was that I was bitten by a mosquito and had an overnight stay in hospital because of it, this I know is not the hotels fault but I would just like to make you aware to use repellants as most people were bitten unluckily for me I had an allergic reaction. The hotel was not full at our time of stay so therefore never a shortage of sunbeds no queueing. for anything.The evening entertainment as others have mentioned is not to everyones taste,but the entertainment staff are so sweet they do their best and it is very diffilcult for them to appeal to so many different languages. All in all I would recommend this hotel to anyone who enjoys the all inclusive concept."

• Travel date: 26th June 2009

Hotels near Kervansaray Resort

Top traveller tips for Kervansaray Resort

• by Gina R

"the hotel is not ny a sandy beach but has a platfrom of rock by the sea."

• by Poppyboo

"Speak to guest relations about everything that's on at the hotel"

• by jubbs

"bodrum itself was great but the hotel was awful."

• by ADJ2010

"Only to warn them away"

• by Unhappy chappy

"Book a hotel in Bodrum !"

• by Colin & Carole

"A lively resort combining history, shops, traders and bars and restaurants"

Kervansaray Resort is also called