A La Carte

great food excellent value

Reviewed 21st November 2012

"we stayed at the sun club for 4 nights and had a great time. the food was excellent for adults and non fussy children, if you want to eats chips everyday you will be disappointed. the salads where amazing all very fresh and the hot food was better than the usual stuff very tasty. hotel was very clean, beer good. the daytime activities where fun and enjoyed by my other half, one or two of the entertainment team looked a bit miserable and looked as though they needed to feel a little more enthused about their job but it was hot and they probably would've liked to sit at the pool with a drink themselves! a bit more mobile shade around the pool would have been good, but there were other areas in the garden. all the staff were friendly and helpful. i would visit the sun club again as its in a great location and also Side is a lively,pretty harbour with lots of nice little bars and restaurants. we stayed all inclusive and never felt the need to eat elsewhere, because the food was so good. the hotel was definitely good for families."

• Travel date: 20th June 2011

Great hotel,lovely place.

Reviewed 2nd November 2012

"This hotel is really good value. Staff are friendly, they don't speak English much but they try. The rooms are very nice and the maid service is excellent. The entertainment team are fantastic but the evening entertainment is pretty awful and stops dead at 11pm so you have to go outside the hotel if you want more nightlife. The pool area is quite small but not too busy and there is a beach and bar you can use in short walking distance. The food is a good standard with a good selection and they tried very hard to provide varied choices for our two week stay."

• Travel date: 13th June 2011

Overall, a great holiday and great value.

Reviewed 21st November 2012

"Great Holiday !!!!!!! Only a 3 star Hotel, so cannot be too hard on it...... Rooms were good with aircon and plenty of space for clothes and getting ready, they were also cleaned every day, beds were comfortable with big pillows, shower mostly ok not quite power shower performance but usable, rooms had some signs of wear and repair but overall fine, TV set in the room had channels mainly German/Turkish but didnt bother me ( who goes to Turkey to watch TV ?). Weather FANTASTIC, Food was genarally very good with plenty of choice, fussy kids may have a problem but adults should be fine, with plenty of bread and salads offered in the self serve buffet every day, also various meat dishes ( labelled ) like meatballs, boiled chicken, grilled fish, baked chicken breast, various mixed meat & veg dishes and potatoes / rice etc, lovely choice of sweets. You may need to try a few things before you find what you like though, this only took me a few days. Also they have a habit of taking your plate away as soon as they think you have finished, this is just them being too efficent at tidying up, dining room can be very busy at dinner time so you may need to wait an hour before going up ( I did ) but generally breakfast and lunch was not too busy.......Bar and dinner staff were polite, Fanta, Beer, Cola, and Wine served with meals and in the bar till 11pm. the drinks were all out of pumps and were fine fizzy and nice and cold Fanta was best drink for me :). Be warned you cannot enter bar or dining area when wet or not fully clothed.....I got told to change a few times which is just their ways and you have to respect that. Swimming pool was great, very clean and never too busy when I went and had a water slide which was fun. A few games were offered for my entertainment by the animators ( entertainment team ) like darts, volleyball, water polo in the swimming pool and other games some of which i did and enjoyed, late night entertainment was either funny when audience were involved or very poor when not, sadly more nights were rubbish than good so be prepared to just drink in the bar or go out for the night along the road or have an early night. And it was a shame free drinks ended at 11pm and not midnight as most people went to bed at this time and the place was very quiet and dull after 11pm so if you require more excitement you will need to make a short trip to the various local bars down the road which i did and had a great time, which brings me onto the shops. The beech is a 5 minute walk away and the route is full of local shops. Make sure you never pay what they tell you as most places double the price for tourists if not labelled! And they are also very persistent to sell there goods. I had a lovely time with my wife and 4 children and a few friends, we mainly sat by the pool sunbathing and went on a few trips to see side town 15 minute walk and the local market which is a 30 minute bus ride. My eight year old son made a few friends ( English and German ) so I hardly saw him for the two weeks as he would go out on his own with them and mainly swim and go down the pool slide most of the day. There hotel and Side is mainly populated by German tourists but I found these pleasent and friendly but more English are using this hotel from now on. The entertainment team is made up of a group of young adults and a chief, the youngsters ( Salim, Anna, Juliet ) were very very nice, made us very welcome and helped us throughout ther holiday. They made friends with us entertained us with there various games listred above and made the holiday a joy. Sadly the Chief Animator was a pig, he scared the kids, was not very funny and did not like English people :( ....... At the end of our holiday we through him in the pool ! I hope he is not there when I go back! ........... So good food, good room, mostly good people, I would highly recommend this Hotel and the placement of it was great. You could stay in the hotel and never venture out even but you would miss much of what Turkey is about ! A+++++++++++++++++++++++++"

• Travel date: 10th June 2011

Don't visit this hotel!!!

Reviewed 2nd November 2012

"staff behind the bar and waiters very polite, but hotel manageress was very miserable, she sits in the dining room watching all the guests.The German people at the hotel are VERY VERY ignorant and push about when dinner is ready. Food very repeatable.Rooms clean. Entertainment is rubbish and the drinks are foul, and cheap, coke dreadful and beer flat!! We got asked to leave hotel after complaining about a german man who was very rude and pushed us! Pathetic management..Does not cater for English or turkish people, believe it or not!"

• Travel date: 4th April 2011