Good

best holiday ever and cant wait to return very soon

Reviewed Tue 8th of May 2018

"what can i say about this place its clean and very friendly the pools were clean and rooms were cleaned by maids not servants the staff were extremely helpful and the bar staff alot of fun enjoyed our experience for being first time in turkey the place is beautiful and to be honest we cant wait to go back again we were happy that we picked this place to spend our honeymoon and couldnt ask for a better people to share it with was sad to leave"

• Travel date: Sun 1st of April 2018

Just Returned 18/10/2013

Reviewed Fri 25th of October 2013

"Have arrived back today having spent a very pleasant week at Sun City.

Whilst the studio was very basic it was very clean and cleaners called in every day during our stay and we were provided with clean towels daily - Have to say the bathrooms were excellent with great showers and always plenty of hot water.

We did experience a slight problem with the reception staff ( Not being helpful ) but they came good on our last night - Can't praise the waiters enough - A special Thanks to Shi who couldn't have been more helpful and a really nice guy.

We had all but one evening meal at the Hotel - The food was of a good standard but not very cheap - They do offer 2 x Happy Hour's during the evening ( Buy one get one free ) so you may wish to keep that in mind

All in all for a weeks stay it was a good base - Its not the best of location , there is a nice beach within a 20 min walk but the hotel does provide a free bus shuttle to The Royal Beach which is well worth a visit.

We were lucky apart from the last day the weather was fantastic - Still up in the 30's a couple of days which made our holiday.

A great place to stay if you have young children - We don't have children but there was a child friendly feeling about the place - I would agree with a previous review that you should avoid this place if you don't like to be the only British people there , during our stay we only came across 2 other couples that were from the UK but have to say in all honesty it didn't spoil our stay.

Not sure we would return, But we thank the staff at Sun-City for an enjoyable weeks break.. "

• Travel date: Sat 19th of October 2013

Lovely Staff, if hotel was in different settings and with less germans, we'd deffinately return

Reviewed Thu 16th of August 2012

"If you don't get on with Germans avoid completely and go the other side of Turkey, Side has hardly any British holiday makers. (Not exaggerating)

We arrived late/early morning and were checked in quickly and efficiently however when shown to our room we disappointed. It was a studio room with just the basics, a double and single bed with a small kitchenette and a bathroom and a double wardrobe by the door. For a couple to be staying here or a young family with a small child im sure this room would have been great for them but, as we were travelling with my 15 year old daughter there was little privacy for her and we upgraded to an apartment within the first week at a price of £10 a night (an extra £110 on top of our holiday. After this we were much happier staying at the SunCity.

The staff around the pool at the SunCity is brilliant! We cannot sing their praise enough! They were helpful, polite and friendly. However if you do not get up before 8 am you may not be able to know this as you won't be able to get a sun bed if you’re travelling in a party of more than 3 as the incredibly rude German/Dutch (the majority of the nationality's that make up the resort) wake up at stupidly early to reserve their sun beds.

Good places to eat in Side are "Cheers"- just up the road with good entertainment (waiters can be a little slimy on the teenage girls but do take the hint eventually), "Sultan Blue" - just around the corner and well priced with lovely food, "Pasakoy"- A little expensive with smaller portions but the food is delicious. Avoid the steak house on the corner of Side's harbour where you have to go upstairs to eat as they give tiny portions, is very expensive and the food isn't that great either. The food at the SunCity is good I recommend the chicken sandwich as a snack at lunchtime and the drinks are priced as roughly the same as in the town.

All-in-all if your looking for a nice, friendly place to holiday, we would recommend the sun city and keep in mind manners cost nothing, a fact the pool staff at the Suncity support completely.

Special thanks to Hakan, Jimmy and Arif (sorry about spelling, don't know if it's right) and all the other bar staff for making our holiday one to remember, love you :) xx

• Travel date: Wed 15th of August 2012

Good value for the money

Reviewed Tue 10th of July 2012

"Arrived late at night and was seriously worried when we saw the entrance. However on reflection, having such a tiny reception is great for security - no-one could get past unnoticed. Be warned that the apartments are in a fairly quiet location which suited us just fine as a family with 2 young kids.

After being checked in quickly and efficiently we were shown to our ground floor apartment. We were horrified to find a cat sleeping on one of the beds and the bathroom was disgusting. The kitchenette (can't call it a kitchen) was like something from a 1970s sitcom!

To be fair, when we complained, the guy at reception was really helpful and arranged for us to be moved to a lovely big apartment meant for 6-8 persons. It was spotless and remained that way for the duration - the cleaner was fantastic and she left flowers and made swan shapes etc with the towels for my children. They loved coming in from the pool each day to see what she'd done!

The outdoor pool area was lovely and clean but water freezing - it was October though. Having an indoor pool was a real bonus - took kids there most days. There's even an outdoor pool with slides. The entertainment wasn't great but food was fine and the waiters were lovely (there were one or two who seemed to prefer to hover around the german and scandanavian guests).

The hotel also has a traditional turkish spa which was excellent, very clean and good value for money.

All in all, we had an ejoyable holiday and for the price, I can't really fault the complex. If it hadn't been for that first apartment and poor entertainment, I'd have given this accomodation at least an 8. It was a decent 3 star complex with good facilites and good staff. It really offered value for money."

• Travel date: Tue 10th of July 2012

best holiday ive ever been on

Reviewed Mon 27th of June 2011

"absolutely brilliant!! the staff were fantastic and made the holiday even better, the complex itself was very clean and plenty of things to keep you entertained including the staff organising games like water polo, volley ball, darts, etc. room was quite basic but being on holiday you only use it as a base and was suited for that cause. the food at the hotel was the best food ive ever tasted, and was very fairly priced, there are cheaper restaurants up the road but they didnt look very clean. i can not reccomend this hotel highly enough. thank you sun city and all the staff for a bang tidy holiday!"

• Travel date: Sat 25th of June 2011

Sun city

Reviewed Thu 16th of June 2011

"Hotel was clean and basic and was cleaned every day. That was about the only good thing in the hotel. Entertainment was very poor. You also need to keep an eye on your bill as spoke to a few people who were overcharged.
Theres a pub/restaurant just up the road called "Cheers" Lovely food and nice staff.
Will not be returning to Side again too quiet no nightlife

• Travel date: Thu 9th of June 2011

Disappointment to say the least

Reviewed Mon 25th of October 2010

"We just spent 1 week at the Suncity Appartments in Side, Turkey from 10th to 18th October 2010. On arrival I was embarassed to get off the coach as the outside and surrounding area looked so bad. When got into our room, it was a box room with a kitchen! for 2 people to spend a whole week in was unreal. No living area just a bed and a bathroom and small balcony, one had to sit on the bed to let the other past as there was only room for one person to pass!!! Ok, I know it did not cost the earth and to be honest the travel agent booked it for us sitting at his desk and we did not see it on the net until we checked it out when we got home. It did not look so bad as it appeared to be alot bigger and the room we stayed in was not shown on the net. It is not that far from the beach but the walk from the apartments to the beach is across what I would describe as waste ground. We booked ourselves into a 5 star all inclusive in Manavgat for 2 nights to break up the week at a cost on top of what we paid. I would like to add that the staff were lovely we had no problems with them, but this place needs major refurbishment. I could only imagine what it would be like in the middle of high season around the pool as we found it difficult to get a lounger in October!! it looks much bigger on-line than it really is. The reception is small, just an outside bar at the pool and restaurant area which is small also, we cannot comment on the food as we decided not to try it. The locals in Side were really lovely and Mehmet a guy we met on our way to the beach who run a small tourist business was just brillliant. I would recommend Side for a relaxing holiday but make sure you go to a 4 or 5 star hotel all inclusive to really get the accomodation you need to pamper yourself on your holiday. Oh and someone needs to catch the cockeral at the suncity apartments before we do as it doesnt know the differnce between night and day so you will be able to hear it all through the night and then the dogs will harmonise with it....... as a result of this experience we wont unfortunately be in any rush back to Turkey!!!! "

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of October 2010

ok hotel but a bit too far from resort

Reviewed Tue 7th of September 2010

"we visited for two weeks with four children two teen girls and two primary schoolers.Although the 2 bed appartment was basic( akin to pontins )it was cleaned well only kettle ,2 rings and a toaster,good tv reception, and air con (not cheap though).the swim pool was ok but all too deep for the shorter members and nice baby pool.hotel seemed set up for adults and families containing preschoolers.mini club did not run and not much for 10 year olds to do! getting to a nice beach was a hastle in august heat as could only go by free bus at set times ie through midday heat.you were also expected to have lunch at a certain cafe in order to use sunbeds this worked out expensive.surrounded by side back streets as are many of the hotel complexes very scruffy scrub land.overall not bad for those wanting to just veg out around the pool not so good for active families .great turkish bath facilities and free gym."

• Travel date: Sat 4th of September 2010

Fantastic family friendly accommodation

Reviewed Thu 15th of October 2009

"Just returned from a lovely holiday at Sun City. Staff there were extremely friendly, it is fantastic for young childen as there is a small kids pool, kids club, playground and mini disco. My children (8, 3 and a baby) loved it and my 3 year old and 8 year old are begging to go back next year.

The accommodation was no frills, but spacious and the apartment was cleaned and the beds changed every day.

There is a bar on sight and a shop, and also a free bus to a lovely sandy beach."

• Travel date: Thu 15th of October 2009

Dont do it!!

Reviewed Mon 5th of October 2009

"If it's just accomodation you want then fine! I stayed at the Sun City in September and was satisfied with the appartment until I smelt the musty mouldy smell in the bathroom! The evidence of the smell lay on the shower curtain and around the bath seal!! Went for breakfast the first morning and was greeted with eggs, eggs and more eggs with a side portion of dog hairs!! (this was the same every morning, so I gave up and ate elsewhere - Beckhams serve a delicious breakfast) the eating area was filthy and the coffee machine did not work properly for the whole two weeks i was there. The orange squash (not juice!) was more like coloured water and the kitchen area left alot to be desired. The staff were only interested in you if you were willing to be overcharged at the bar and prepared to stay within the grounds for your entire stay. You will have to watch your children dont step in dog waste as it is not cleaned up when bunny (one of the hotel dogs) does have an accident even if you mention it to the hotel reception! I was appauled to see the pool area being cleaned with pool water and then being promptly swept back into the pool! Needless to say i did not use the pool facilities after this! I paid for air conditioning which did not work,although this was refunded after attempts to fix it were unsuccesful.
Side is a beautiful place to go and this was the third time I have been there, although I can safely say I will never waste my money at the sun city again. There is a lovely beach just a 10 minute walk away although those with any mobility problems will find the steep road a struggle. I am glad I have experienced other hotels in Side as otherwise the Sun City would have put me off for life. Maybe it was because it was coming towards the end of the season the staff thought it was ok to be rude and obnoxious.
Thank God we found Beckhams Bar (only 2 minutes away) where the food and service was exemplary. I know I paid for a budget holiday but I still expect a certain amount of customer service which was certainly lacking at Sun City. It's a shame other holiday makers who have a bad experience do not take the time to review this place, as if it's honesty you want, I would recommend you stay at one of the many other budget hotels available in the same area."

• Travel date: Sun 4th of October 2009

Don't Do it!!

Reviewed Mon 5th of October 2009

"I stayed at the Sun City Apartments in September and my first impression was good. However, be warned, the eating area is disgustingly filthy. Breakfast(very poor quality eggs, eggs and more eggs) came complete with dog hairs as a side dish. The staffs attitude was appauling and unless you were willing to be overcharged at the bar you were treated with complete disdain. The coffee machine did not work properly for the whole two weeks I was there and I was a disgusted with the lack of cleanliness. The pool area was cleaned with pool water which was promptly swept back into the pool. Needless to say, I didnt use the pool nor did I have the breakfast I had paid for. The rooms were basic but thats what you pay for. The bathroom had a distinct smell of mould and the evidence lay on the shower curtain and around the bath seal. Side is a beautiful place to stay, I have been there twice before, but I would never stay at the sun city again. Staff were agressive, and rude, the air conditioning did not work although I was refunded this when I complained. Watch where you are walking, as you are likely to stand in dog poo around the pool area. As I said previously Side is a wonderful place to go, with plenty of things to see and do and has a lovely beach only a 10 minute walk down a steep road. Beckhams Bar (a 2 minute walk way)is definately worth more than one visit, where the service and food is exemplary. The old town is full of fun, and despite what people say, as a general rule, the shop keepers are not harassing you, they just love to talk with you. If you ask my opinion, you should stay elsewhere, dont waste your money at Sun City. There are far too many other worthwhile hotels to stay at!!!"

• Travel date: Sat 3rd of October 2009

Terrible

Reviewed Thu 1st of October 2009

"I have been going to Side for twenty five years and never stade in a hotel as bad as this.Over charged at the bar,waiters very rude,eating area very dirty.We was ask to stay for entertaimont and when we said no we was told to get out of the hotel.we paid for air condtioning which did not work.there was dog poo on the path we complainded but when we came back to the hotel it was still there.in fact the thunder storm washed it away.breakfast was terrible and the kitchens fithy.we where told as we were leaving that we was no good.if you got any sence dont go there.the best thing of the holiday was when we found Bechoms bar."

• Travel date: Wed 30th of September 2009

Hotels near Sun City Apartments & Hotel

Top traveller tips for Sun City Apartments & Hotel

• bannerwins by bannerwins

"Great history, lovely beach, weather... ow ow ow factor 15 "

• Fettster by Fettster

"Great bar, food and shopping. "

• podypods by podypods

"side is a great place "

• SaraLouise by SaraLouise

"Beckhams Bar, The old Town, The beach... everything apart from Sun City "

• SaraLouise by SaraLouise

"You can't beat Beckhams for food and the Green Canyon is breathtaking "

• mrskersh by mrskersh

"great beach gentle sea good for kids "

• mrskersh by mrskersh

"temple of appollo and amphitheatre "

• mossy by mossy

"relaxing atmosphere we had a nice holiday "

• Roz by Roz

"Try to get a corner apartment in the block above the restaraunt - the apartments are much larger "

• xChloex by xChloex

"Avoid if you don't get on well with Germans, we weren't aware this is where they all holiday "

• Annie1959 by Annie1959