Side Star Elegance

Kumkoy Mevkii, Side, Manavgat 07330 Turkey

Fantastic Best Holiday Ever

"Just got back form a two week holiday at this hotel and it was out of this world cannot fault it at all. Th food was amazing, tasty, many choices, clean restaurants. The entertainment was very good put it this way learnt how to do ballroom dancing. The staff were out of this world too very helpful and always remeber you i.e. got your drinks for you before yu sat down as remembered what you drank. The animation team especially Ersin and Abdul they had you dancing singing joining in on pool games so was never bored. The hotel rooms were frist class with your own mini bar which was kept full everyday. Whilst I was there it was my birthday and they ade it really special with cakes in room and champagne brekkie. The grounds are beautiful, gardns well kept and pool very clean and plenty of room (no rushing down to out your towel on bed!!!!).
I will definately be going back next year and many people there have been before. First time ver done all inclusive and was really impressed, this hotel is 5* plus. Debbie and Richard Orpington, Kent"

• Travel date: Tue 29th of May 2007

What a wonderful hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Asteria Hotel Side Turkey Its wonderful

This is our second visit to the Asteria hotel our first was in Sept 2006 and we were so impressed that we booked again and took family members in Apr 2007. This hotel is beautiful, and clean, the service is excellent. The food is magnificent.I cannot praise the staff enough for making both our holidays there enjoyable. There's entertainment every evening with the animation team who work so hard. So we had a fab holiday again this year and our family members really enjoyed it. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Its a short walk into the town of Side on the beach or catch a bus very cheap and they have a good market in Side on Saturdays and Mon Thur in Mangavat where you can buy all your copy designer things. This part of turkey they take euro's turkish lira or british pounds. You never need to venture anywhere if you don't want to as there is plenty to do on the complex"

• Travel date: Tue 1st of May 2007

Fabulous Asteria

"The Asteria is beautiful. If I had to rate it, I would proabably give
it 4 stars rather than 5 as certain parts need updating. However, its immaculate, the food is fabulous and the staff are really nice. There are a lot of Germans in this hotel but none of the 'get your towels on the beds' sort. I spoke to numerous Germans, all of whom were extremely polite and friendly. This is a hotel for relaxing. The beach adjoining hotel is long and sandy and you can walk all the way into Side town - approx 2 miles. The only downfall for this hotel is its on a hill and there are numerous steps to walk up when coming back to the hotel from the pool or beach."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of March 2007

Satisfactory Holiday

Good

"On arriving at the Asteria Hotel late in the evening we were rather disappointed when the bellboy took us to our room, he looked very disgruntled when we gave him an english coin as a tip, but we had no other change at the time, and that was a bad start.
The Asteria is a five star hotel but looked a jaded one and our bedroom had a black damp patch by the window.
After an initial unfortunate start things looked better the next day.
Everywhere was very clean and at no time did we suffer any stomach upset. The food was very good and plentiful.
The pool staff kept the area immaculate and checked the pool water regularly.
The Pool Cafe staff continually brought soft drinks and water around during the day and in the afternoon brought fresh water melon around.
If there was a moan it would be the Animation Team who did a lot of shouting when one was reading or relaxing by the Pool side.
Farouk and his staff at the Spa kept the area immaculate and were very helpful and informative.
Most of the waiters were friendly, but there was a problem with their understanding of English which made things difficult at times.
Hemmet and Mingue were two waiters that were outstanding in their jobs and were very caring of the customers.
The hotel guests were mostly Germans and we found the majority of the hotel Staff spoke the German language more easily than English. The Reception staff had trouble understanding English but there was a Receptionist in the Annex Reception Desk who had an excellent command of the language which made me wonder why wasn`t she on the front Reception.
We met very few English people at the hotel and the majority of those we spoke to thought the English People could be almost invisible when there were German guests around as the Germans did take presedence.
It was nice to see the Hotel Manager was `Hands ON` and was continually walking around the hotel checking everything was running smoothly.
In all it was a very satisfactory holiday, and while we have no future plans to return to Turkey I would agree that we were happy with almost every aspect of the holiday.
A word of warning to the unfit, there were so many steps EVERYWHERE that one would loose weight or be exhausted after a holiday at the Asteria Hotel Side Turkey."

• Travel date: Wed 25th of October 2006

Fantastic Holiday

"I Have just returned from a 1 week holiday at the All inclusive Hotel Asteria. From the moment we arrived and the hotel check in, until we left, we found the hotel, staff, food and entrtainment to be first class.

Upon arrival on a very hot afternoon we were offered freezing cold towels and fruit juice whilst registering our room. The food was out of this world with plenty of choice and as much or as little as you like.
The fresh salads, fruit and desserts were to die for. The entertainment team were great, they took time to talk to everyone and got the party atmosphere going on an evening. I will definitely be returning to the hotel next year with my family and I have already sold the hotel to many of my friends.

Ken - Washington"

• Travel date: Thu 6th of July 2006

Just got back! Loved the dolphinshow great value!

Good

"I just got back from 2wks in turkey and it was my first time away without a parent. I found that the location of this hotel was brilliant couldn't have choosen a better place for location. (especially for young couples who want to party down at oxyd) Entrance was very grand and defintly 5 Star! The food was by the plenty always lots on offer desserts were amazing!!!!

Staff at the asteria were very polite and no matter where u went they always said hello and tried to help if u needed any. Although my one downfall about this hotel is they don't cater very well for brits!!!!!

We went shopping to Antalya which being a lady i would have thought it was great but felt quite unwell that day and it didn't help practical being approached by every shop keeper when all u want to do is look for yourself. I found this to be worse in side which is abit of a shame because the restaurants there have lovely sea views where u c huge turtles breaking the surface.

We also went to the dolphin show and waterpark which i found to be fantastic the highlight of my holiday. i had never seen dolphins before but if u get there early enough for your show maybe u will get the chance to sit front row where u cn gt great photos of the dolphins (dont leave your camera in the waterpark locker like i did) u can also get the opportunity to have a professional photo taken with the dolphins which is really cheap. u cn swim with them and also bid on an amazing dolphin artwork!!!

The waterpark was great i pratically had to drag my boyfriend away, bless him."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of June 2006

Asteria the great

"Hotel Asteria is an 'all inclusive' hotel. I went with Thomsons, the hotel was one of the best that I have stayed in. There were little touches like getting back to your room and finding a carnation or other flowers on the your bed, or little boxes of Turkish delight along with a card with the 3 day weather forecast. Food was good and plenty of choice, self service. My only gripe was that it was sometimes difficult to find a free table. Staff were friendly and helpful. Nice large pool with arranged activities for adults. Plenty of bars with entertainment in the evenings or a stroll around the lovely gardens. There were taxis on site. There is a nightclub about 200mtrs down the road but I did not fins this a problem. The old town of Side was not far away, reachable by either taxi the local bus (Dolmus) or about 30 minutes stroll along the beach. There is an old Roman ampitheatre a musuem and many shops especially jewellers and leather shops. Run the gauntlet down the main street from the Turkish shopkeepers trying to lure you in to their shops. Currency used is mainly euros and english pounds, if yo pay in Turkish Lira you will probably get change in english money or euros. In the harbour is the Temple of Apollo. I went tp the Green Canyon, worth a visit if you are in to stunning scenery. Also Aspendos which is a well preserved ampitheatre still used to for concerts and Perge which is the ruins of a Roman City, both free admission."

• Travel date: Sat 27th of May 2006

Great Value at Hotel Asteria in Side

"A friend and I took a 7 day holiday to Side, Turkey just a few weeks ago.. and it was fabulous. I can't fault the hotel for much at all!

It was early in the season which was a huge plus. The clientele were quite a bit older than us (in our mid 20's!) but it wasn't very busy in the hotel and this made for a really relaxing holiday. Our fellow holiday makers were all very nice people. The staff at Hotel Asteria were very kind and capable. We thought the Turkish food was lovely and the hotel was immaculately clean all over. I thought their Deluxe All Inclusive option was a good value as it included non-local alcohol as well as room service, etc.

The pool area is great with a nice bar and clean bathrooms nearby. The beach is nice but we preferred the pool on most days. We also played tennis and used the (small but adequate) fitness centre.

I highly recommend hiring a car in Turkey. We rented a car through our First Choice rep for only £35 for a day and drove north to the Lakelands... we drove all through the mountains and it was absolutely gorgeous. The hotel packed us a lunch and we ate it in a park on the edge of Lake Egidir. Amazing. Driving was actual very easy as there aren't many cars on the roads... but be a bit wary that the Turkish don't always stop at red lights! We found it a really nice day out!

In conclusion, for a relatively quiet, good value holiday (with kids or without), I absolutely say the Hotel Asteria is a great choice."

• Travel date: Fri 26th of May 2006

Absolutely wonderful at the Asteria

"Wonderful holiday at the Asteria in Side. The food was fantastic and plentiful. All the staff fantastic, helpful and friendly. The Animation Team brilliant, especially with their evening entertainment. The locally supplied entertainment was also brilliant suitable for all ages. Would love to go again but because of the quality of the place the price has risen - shame."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of November 2005

Loved it!

"The Asteria has a great range of facilities & is set directly on the beach a 10 minute walk away from the town of Side. The food was varied & of a high standard. there was also a chinese, italian & turkish restaurant. Try the turkish one right on the beach, it's excellent. The staff were helpful & friendly & the beach and gardens were kept spotless. There were plenty of activities if you wanted to get involved but no one tried to push you to take part. There are plenty of quiet spots to relax. The hotel has its own outdoor theatre and the shows are entertaining. The turkish night was especially good with a market & camel rides set up in the grounds & traditional dancers on stage. The rooms are basic for 5 star but who cares when it's this good!"

• Travel date: Thu 9th of September 2004

This hotel has change name side star elegance

"This hotel has a been renovated to its best standard s it is suitable for all ages and they have put a lift in so people with walking disability and children in pushchairs can get to the main pool and the walk way to side town the food is great and the staff are very helpful and hard working they have a very large pool near main reception they have two pools for adults only with a bar and changing facilities and toilets then you have the main pool with slides and the animation team do all there games there are plenty of eating areas over the hotel for lunch time meals the rooms have been refurbished you can now have swim up rooms I would truly recommend this hotel. "

• Travel date: Sun 4th of September 2016

Fantastic

"I went to this hotel a while ago and it was the best holiday ever. In fact the quality of the hotel has spoiled things for other places. Unfortunately with all the brilliant reviews it has gained in popularity therefore the price has risen drastically. Would love to go back again."

• Travel date: Tue 25th of October 2011

Hotels near Side Star Elegance

Stayed at Side Star Elegance? Share your insight.

Side Star Elegance is also called