Good

such an amazing hotel!! deffinatley going again

Reviewed 17th May 2012

"i went to sunrise queen with my friends, and oh my god it was so amazing! stuff all the people that said it was bad because it was simply wonderful coming again this year! cant wait, the GENERAL manager was a helpful man the staff was really helpful entertainment team was fabolous, really loved the design of the hotel and the food was 10/10 !!!!"

• Travel date: 17th May 2012

Nice but not as good as last time

Reviewed 21st November 2011

"Returned to the Sunrise Crystal Queen again this year for our honeymoon. Last year we were impressed but not so much this year. Huge refurbishment to the waterfall restaurant very impressive as it no longer looked like the bat cave, the beach bar was almost completed before we left last year it is a big asset now. The bowling alley and games and internet room were a great as the 40" TV in our room had nothing worth watching. The food last year was exceptional this year got a little boring. we attended the return visitors meal which was an evening wasted. It is nice that the hotel acknowledges return guests but a gift of a bag designed to advertise the hotel is cheap. We were treated like celebs this year as it was our honeymoon, we had champagne fruit and cakes in our room, and when we visited the al a carte italian restaurant we had another bottle of champagne and the chef had made us a cake with candles on to celebrate our honeymoon. One sign of a good hotel is the staff, and it was nice that most of the staff from last year were still employed. The turkish people have amazing memories and remember who tips them they see thousands of tourists all year yet they still all remembered us.Worth every penny. We thought it funny how Ali Ucas the General Manager operates, he walks round the hotel like a tourist, wherever you go he seems to be there,perhaps it was because we were on honeymoon, he eats in the restaurants and just mingles in. Nothing deters the staff, one morning all the tables were laid outside for breakfast and it started to rain, within 30 minutes the staff had transferred everyone to an indoor restaurant. We hope to return to the Sunrise Queen again once all the building work has finished next year perhaps for our anniversary, we are frightened to go anywhere else as this is a 5 star, but the guests are the same as us just down to earth types, we enjoyed playing dominoes with the older guests. "

• Travel date: 19th November 2011

Let down

Reviewed 14th November 2011

"MyBoyfriend & I have just returned from a let down holiday at The Crystal Sunrise Queen. We were greted at reception by the excellent Turkish speaking staff who imediately looked for tips, Ibrahim the bell boy escourted us to our deluxe terrace room on the ground floor. This room faces the sea that you can hear jet skies and motor boats buzzing around the shore line, the balcony had two luxurious sunbeds impregnated with sun tan oil from previous guests, a table and two chairs. In the room there was a large flat screen TV with sky sports, just as well as the evening entertainment was awful.The kingsize bed was lumpy and hard. Bathroom had bath seperate power shower and seperate toilet which was great as my boyfriend developed Turkish tummy. The food during our stay was average. Our lunches were spent in Phaselis Restaurant looked after by one of our favourite waiters Abdil. WE will be going back to Greece next year as for Altan and his team they can cater for someone elses our needs! "

• Travel date: 13th November 2011

Worst holiday ever

Reviewed 28th September 2011

"My Wife and I were looking forward to treating ourselves to 2 wonderful weeks in this hotel in the delux suite on the top of the hotel with panoramic view. We based our anticipation on the wonderful reviews on the web. The reality was completly different, within a couple of days I had developed a severe ear infection. I noticed that some other guests were shaking their heads as if they had water in their ears too. I visited the hotel doctor who was very interested in my holiday insurance, he said that I would need special injections and antibiotic tablets. I asked if I should get ear drops too? He said that I should come back in a few days and recieve the special injections. It cost me £50 for a prescription. Now the interesting part, the local chemist said that the antibiotic tablets would not work alone, that I required ear drops too and another ear drop on top of that too. I asked about how I got another prescription? He told me that in Turkey the chemist gives out antibiotics without the need of a doctor.£50 down. I spoke to a lady guest from the hotel who had a badly bruised thigh as a result of special injections from this doctor, she was being treated for a sore throat. Another young man was in tears due to the pain from his ear. The pool turned green as a duckpond for a couple of days. I told the manager that there was a problem and he said it was a genetic defect that northern europeans have. I then spoke to the hotel nurse about a problem with the water, he said that it was normal for guests to have problems, at £50 a go plus special injections I can understand why. The rest of the hotel, the beach is very nice but there are sharp rocks under the surface of the water about 200m out, the evening entertainment is awful, with plate balancing acts etc. The waiters are very forward with women. The food is average, the air conditioning is deliberatly switched off at 2am which affects your sleep not to mention waking up all sweaty, perhaps this is why some of the rooms smell musty. Sidi itself is very small and only has fake designer shops with fake goods which are poor quality and not that cheap. Customs could have a field day if they opened the average travellers case on the way back into the UK. We work hard all year just to have two weeks where we can chill out and relax. This has been ruined by the attitude of the senior manager Altan, who is not even good at PR. As an engineer I value facts. "

• Travel date: 25th September 2011

Not a real 5 star

Reviewed 24th September 2011

"This hotel was such a disapointment after reading all the posisive reviews. The rooms are musty and in need of decoration, the food was average as was the sevice. Power cuts and faulty air conditioning spoiled our stay. The management do a great PR job, but facts speak for themselves, over rated as a 5 star, perhaps 3 star plus. The evening entertainment is awful which is why they probably have large TVs in every room which can also drown out the noise of the air con."

• Travel date: 24th September 2011

amazing

Reviewed 5th October 2011

"the hotel was the best everyone was so nice there, i loved the food it was amazing, i loved every moment i had there,ive been there many times and every time i never wanted to come home it was that nice, i cant wait to go back there again "

• Travel date: 13th July 2011

Simply the best.

Reviewed 2nd December 2010

"This was our 3rd visit to the Sunrise Queen (& 4th to Side, having previously also sampled the Perissia Sentido) and definitely won't be our last. The staff are so attentive, cheerful and hardworking and the management are always in evidence at meal times and very approachable should you need to discuss anything & they do deliver! The hotel itself is so beautifully laid out & spotlessly clean, with several terraces, restaurants and bars with sea views, that for us it adds a great deal to the feel-good factor of being on holiday. Whether you want to enjoy the beach or be by one of the pools, the facilities are equally good, with the requisite parasol to every 2 sunbeds. In summary we can't recommend it highly enough."

• Travel date: 2nd December 2010

Lovely area shame about the turkish people hassling you.

Reviewed 20th August 2010

"This hotel is physically very nice>nice rooms< good pools< super beach> However do not take your teenage daughters as we were hassled constantly by the waiters, the photographers, the beach activities men. Very very unprofessional hotel employees. We went half board and the hotel is really only set up for all inclusive so its difficult to get served as its too much hassle for staff. The food is ok, i,m vegetarian and didn,t find alot too eat.For most people the food would be acceptable.We,ve had better buffets and the restaurant is chaotic here. My husband and i suffered bad stomachs we think due to the water rather than bad hygeine.This hotel is suitable for young couples as it is noisy in the evening. The area is very interesting, took a number of tours with thomson although they sub it out to a tour company. We were mostly lucky to have a brilliant knowledgable guide Mustafa whose english was very good. i dont think all the tours were so lucky. Side is pretty and interesting however you are constantly hassled by shopkeepers and restauranteers. All in all not one of our best holidays.We will not be returning here. "

• Travel date: 9th August 2010

Excellent Hotel - What more can you say!

Reviewed 26th October 2012

"My husband and I have just returned from the Crystal Sunrise Queen and it has to be one of our best holidays ever. The weather, food, staff and the all-inclusive beverages where second to none. Free beach towels, mini bar replenished daily with beer, water, soft drinks, nuts and chocolate. Next year the new building and the waterslides will be open all time. Must say we did go on the slides a few times and had great craic lol. The staff were very friendly and attentive and could not enough for you. My husband and I plan to return next June as July was just too hot and we have never been to the same place twice, so it's a thumbs all round for the Sunrise Queen Hotel"

• Travel date: 23rd July 2010

Total royal luxury

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"This hotel was previously known as the Sunrise Queen Booked with Thomsons from Newcastle. Good customer service good airport experience. Went for 1 week with husband, teenage son and parents who have some walking difficulties. We arrived late; a fresh snack was especially prepared for us. Thomsons rep helped facilitate our request for our settee bed to be changed for a single bed as mattress a little flimsy for a growing teenager (who had actually been charged as an adult anyway) Hotel had no problem with this. Large complex nowhere was inaccessable for those with walking difficulties due to lifts and excellent layout of facilities. Loads of space and sunbeds; nowhere felt overcrowded in fact it was a suprise the hotel was full. Exceptional cleanliness, several swimming pools dotted around the complex, large private beach area fully maintained by hotel. Long walkway along the coastline of Side. New mini water park (4 slides) newly opened and there is some ongoing building work to complete new family apartments. There was no disruption to our holiday with this work going on. Spar and roomy Indoor pool . Gym equipment mostly out of order this was the only disapointment of the facilities on offer Fantastic food for all tastes. 24 hr bar available; Great selection of all inclusive alcohol, Their version of Baileys and Martini close to the real thing. Bottle Efes beer also part of all inclusive All staff were kind and keen to serve without any over the top 'I hope you give me a tip' attitude My parents were really well looked after. My son required treatment from doctor who was great and contacted insurance company direct so we did not have to fork out and claim on our return. Plenty of Russians for entertainment value (how much food can you pile on your plate competition) We will return when the agents reduce their prices, I notice the price has doubled for the schools summer hols....outrageous!!"

• Travel date: 21st July 2010

Excellent Hotel with everything we wanted

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"Just returned from spending 11 nights at the Sunrise Queen. We had been told it was a good hotel by friends who had stayed here and were not disappointed. Our room was large and modern and the mini bar stocked daily. The food was excellent with great presentation and variety. The a la carte nights were very good. Good facilities with a number of pools and right on the beach which was also very good and clean. The staff were excellent and friendly and we especially wanted to mention the girls who work in the Sunset View bar and looked after us very well. We went all inclusive and glad we did as all cocktails etc were included. All in all a great holiday and we will definately return."

• Travel date: 18th July 2010

Great Hotel,Fantastic Staff

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"Due to a 13 hour plus Thomson flight delay we arrived a day late at around 6am, checkin was simple no fuss, room was ready and the fridge stocked. Our 2 weeks AI could not have been better, food excellent, varied and plentyful.Wine either by the glass or bottle, cocktails all included.Nothing was to much trouble for the staff at this hotel and would like to thank the following, Abdulla, Adnnan, Mahmut, Polat and the 2 girls who served in the Sunset bar. Also the animation team know how to have laugh. Room was large with a huge TV(if you want to watch TV whilst on holiday), balcony with a sea view,and A/C. This hotel has its own stretch of Blue Flag Beach, and waiter service on the beach. Walk into Side takes about 40 minutes along the very flat prom. Side at night is a busy place and worth a look."

• Travel date: 13th July 2010

Hotels near Crystal Sunrise Queen Luxury Resort & SPA

Top traveller tips for Crystal Sunrise Queen Luxury Resort & SPA

• by Honey

"Tell the hotel you are on Honeymoon"

• by Altan the bad

"Book a top level floor"

• by Louis1850

"Book another hotel in another area"

• by JandP42

"We'll be going back soon to the Sunrise Queen."

• by well travelled holidayer

"turkish people hassle you from morning to night"

Crystal Sunrise Queen Luxury Resort & SPA is also called