Crystal Sunrise Queen Luxury Resort & SPA

Bingesik Mevkii, Kumkoy Yolu, Side, Manavgat 07330 Turkey

Good

Truly scrumptious SunRise

"We were abit dubious when booking this hotel after reading of some reports on Trip Advisor....but after returning from a truly wonderful holiday I can honesty say the hotel was excellent. OK the bathroom needs some updating but the sea view, 42 inch plasma screen tv, the service, the beach and the food was magnificent. If you have only paid for half board...please up grade to all inclusive only 20 Euros a day 10 for children. Eat by the waterfall every day overlooking the wonderful private beach and swim up to one of the pools and order you beer .

The hotel is mainly German and Russian but that ensures the service and food are up to scratch. The entertainment is highly amusing and all the staff involved are very friendy and helpful, will we go back most definitely

My only concern is that we put on at least half a stone each!"

• Travel date: Mon 13th of August 2007

Loved This Hotel Very Much !!!

"We have just returned from the Sunrise Queen Hotel today 1st August.
Loved the hotel.

The hotel is very grand when our first impressions were good.

The hotel has a parrot in reception called "Bubba" he sits on a perch and walks round the ground floor, I am scared of birds but he was fine, he just squakes alot !!

On arrival we were shown to our room and it was on the ground floor, where as we had requested a high floor, so I went back to reception and they changed our room straight away, our room was beautiful, it was a suite over looking the pool and the sea, it had a seperate living room with sofa, armchair, dining table, mini bar and tv.
The bedroom was huge with another armchair, dressing table, tv huge double bed, although hard, was extremely comfortable.
The bathroom had a bath with jacuzzi, an overhead shower which was very powerful and clean towels daily.
The room had a safe and lots of wardrobe space, bathrobes and slippers.
The balcony was around 40foot long, as it was the end room which all the suites are, the balcony sweeps round for great views and had sunloungers on it and 2 sets of garden table and chairs.
our room nuber was 1169 - get this room if you can its fab !!!

We went All-Inclusive and would highly reccomend this, all meal and drinks are included and also the drinks and snacks in the Mini bar 9which is stocked daily.
It only cost us £100 per person more for all in and its great value, the drinkjs are very expensive at the hotel, like 15turkish lira for a barcadi.
All the drinks included are premium bands, I drink Archers peach snapps and it was the real deal, also cocktails and Kir royal was included yummy.
Food was great and I am very fussy and found things daily. I particularly liked the soups as my starters, and there was around 10 dishes to choose at lunch plus loads of salads, and evening meals there was around 30 dishes to choose from, there is always pasta, bread is delicious, lots of fish - sea bass, trout etc, and loads of meats - kebabs, chicken, veal, beef, turkey, lamb !!! gorgeous desserts - you may put on a few pounds whilst away !

The pools are fab, we used the top terrace one, with a swim up bar, we got sunbeds every day and drank ice cold bottle of becks all day.
The beach is gorgeous - beack bar there too with ice cold drinks all day - take flip flops as the sand was scorching hot - sea was beautiful, a few rocks in but you can see them when you are in it.
Sunbeds were plenty and can be used to.
Had a turkish bath in the spa on the first day - this exfoliates layers of dead skin of your body - really good and stopped me from burning.
The weather was glorious - 47 degrees was the highest in the day and i spent most of my time in the water as it was soooooooooooooooooo hot !!!
It was around 38-40 degrees in the evening - wear as little as possible !

There is a nightclub in the hotel lots of bars and nightly entertatinment.
The air con in our room was on full blast all the time so was lovely and cool in there.

I do recommend that you go to dinner by around 8.30pm as they are keen to clear up and get you out on the dot of 9.00pm!

There our lots of shops outside the hotel on the main street, I found very expensive, for a fake Chloe handbag (although a good fake) they wanted 150 euros ! they keep saying " real leather"

I went with my boyfriend and we are aged between 32-39 and we had a lovely relaxing time and we would recommend to anynone to go.
The hotel does cater for Germans and Russians and there are around 10 percent brits - but who cares - we are going on holiday, not to start making friends with everyone in sight.

Happy Holidays !!!"

• Travel date: Tue 31st of July 2007

Dont expect too much..........

"Ok, so where do I start with this hotel.........

If you are expecting 5 star quality at this hotel, then do not book it. I would suggest it is a top 3 star or lower 4, but never ever a 5 (and I am talking by Turkish standards). The hotel itself looks good from the outside - unique styling, nice gardens, the best section of the beach. But on closer inspection, it is in dire need of upgrading. Wallpaper peels from the walls in communal areas, carpets are old, worn, upturned at the edges, skirtings and doors are chipped and scratched. Ok, I am being somewhat fussy, but as I said, this is not a five star hotel.

The food is very good and there is always enough of it. Staff are ok, if somewhat miserable and there is never enough of them.

This hotel caters for the Russians and the Germans; you will be in a minority as a Brit, but sometimes that is a good thing. The Russians are unfriendly, and queue for nothing - you have been warned. Take it in your stride and don't let it put you off.

The air-con is baffling; I agree with the previous comment made. It appears to me that it is switched off between 1am and 6am. Totally unacceptable in any hotel in which the temperature outside was still in the 30's at night. Remember this is supposed to be a Thomas Cook Select hotel. Again, don't say I didn't tell you.

In summary:

Positives - Nice styling, food is very good, clean well kept gardens, fantastic beach, 42" plasma tv in the room & very few British holidaymakers!

Negatives - It is not a five star hotel, needs upgrading, drinks are horrifically overpriced, holidaymakers from other countries give the hotel an unfriendly atmosphere, the air-con doesnt appear the work.

This hotel is ok - if you get it cheap enough, it well serve you well in what is both a lovely area and a fantastic country. Just don't expect too much."

• Travel date: Fri 13th of July 2007

Sunrise Queen

"This hotel was for our honeymoon so we picked a hotel that was a 5 star Thomas Cook Select property, from the minute you lay eyes on this hotel you realise that it is a stand-out hotel to the others. The hotel itself is off good standard and well maintained however it is needing modernising.
1st off all we booked a junior suite room with sea view, opinion of this was a huge disappoinment. The room was clean but the decoration and furniture were needing of updating, the view was suppossed to be a full sea view however we it blocked by trees and another hotel. Some of the door sills were cracked were cracked too. We complained and asked to be moved to another room for which we paid for but they advised us that all the rest were either full or being renovated. The manager was acrually really helpfull and asked us to leave it with him for 1night and he would see what he could do. True to his word he came back to us and advised that he coul NOT give us another room however he could give us the room below the suite which was the deluxe. This room was directly on the beach with a beautifull FULL sea view, it also had lovely fresh flowers and a bottle of wine along with a fruit basket. We were more than delighted with this.
The hotel had its own part of the beach which was kept nice and clean with a very helpfull man who gave you your matresses.
The pools were big with plenty of space and loungers.
Food at the hotel was fairly good, we were fussy eaters and managed to eat something substantial every night as there was plenty of variety.
Location is about a 50 minute walk away from Side itself. TIP ofr you is to walk directly along the beach as its quicker."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of May 2007

Loved the Sunrise Queen

"I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS HOLIDAY. we arrived in turkey about 4 their time. it was scorching hot.when we arrived at the hotel we were greeted with someone carrying our bags and serving as an ice cold cocktail aswel as a hot cloth to freshen ourselves up with . it was bliss. the rooms were great with a nice balcony and good air conditioning. food was great every night with so much choice. yes drinks were expensive but hey, its a holiday , live a little. the pools were amazing and so much to do. the staff were very friendly and made us feel welcome.on whole itwas the best holiday ive ever been on and i am returning august this year for another great week!!!! a*"

• Travel date: Tue 8th of May 2007

5 Star Luxury

"We stayed for a week at this excellent hotel, food and service are what you would expect from a hotel set in acres of space.
The service in the dining room was excellent, a wide variety of dishes were prepared each night to ctaer for the german, russian, scottish and english guests.
We upgraded to a terraced sea view room the Air Conditioning stayed on all the time, but there are power outages which may explain why previous guests had problems.
We found the majority of the people in Side a nearby town freindly with a good sense of humour. Thomas Cook had sveral trips on offer our favourite was Simply Turkey atrip inland to a working farm, mosque, carpet factory followed by lunch and a trip up in to the Mountains. We would definately recommend the Sunrise Queen for any fellow traveller wishing to have a quiet hotel near the beach within waliking distance of Side and Kumkoy"

• Travel date: Thu 12th of April 2007

Airconditioning switches off at 1am. Impossible to sleep. Avoid.

"It is probably the best hotel in Turkey, but will never visit again for one simple reason. Been in 2004 and would have gone in 2005 and 2006. unfortunately, they have this stupid penny-pinching switching the air-conditioning off at 1 am that lasts until the morning. The laughable thing is that air-conditioning is on all day (when everyone is out on the beach or swimming pools).
They have lost my repeat business and I am sure that the 50cents per room that they save on electricity has translated to $1000s of loss in repeat business by customers.
I will definitely pack my stuff and go there as soon as I hear they stopped this horrible habit.
They have the most delicious and really a 5 star breakfast and supper. Will recommend 1/2 board every time. Waiters are the quality of QE2 cruiseship"

• Travel date: Sat 30th of December 2006

Don't go there!!

"in a very touristy area stands a massive multilevel hotel. Side is v.hot (40 c) in August but sadly this hotel turns the aircon off at midnight so you wake up in a pool of sweat. loud thumping disco music can be heard through open windows until 5/6 am when the mosque starts its call.

Bedroom smelly and tired well overdue for a refurb.

communal and dining areas smell musty and of old food. hundreds of steps down to the beach where the shade is inadequate.

Food was plentiful buffet style but so many people and crap casio music coupled with amateur singer made dining a horrible experience - wine very poor and over priced.

locals keen to sell you fake watches and clothes also a little tension about them being more 'manly' than us brits !!!

best day was the white water rafting where lots of russians showed us how macho they really were by dragging us into freezing water."

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of August 2006

Wonderful hotel, best I've stayed in

"Having just spent a blissful week at the stunning Sunrise Queen Hotel I could not fault anything. After reading some other reviews I was a bit dubious about what to expect, but I fell in love with this hotel. Food was out of this world, wide variety and not bland and unappetising like some hotel buffets. Had the turkish bath and some of the swimming pools to our self most of the time. A wonderful relaxing hotel! Resort caters for mostly Germans so alot of the prices for drinks/meals are in Euros. I can't wait to go back!"

• Travel date: Tue 6th of June 2006

Four weeks of Wonderful Vacation

Good

"Just a wonderful, beautiful hotel.
The staff was always there to help, as was everyone you would meet.
I believe I was the only American there for most of the 4 weeks, and felt very at ease and welcome by all, and certainly would have stayed another 4 weeks.
Meals were really varied and beautifully displayed...........delicious too!
The beds may have been a little firm, but they would bring you another matress if you wanted one, as my friend did.
The only problem I found was the price of the drinks, just way overpriced. Too bad as I think more people would have stayed there to enjoy the music and socalize, had the drinks been more affordable. A lot of the guest would leave the hotel and walk to the end of the drive for their after dinner drink, in one of the outside cafes."

• Travel date: Sat 27th of May 2006

A little disapointing

"First impressions on arrival late at night even after being delayed at the airport on arrival for one hour was good. Spaceous and good view over the sea. However it was an elevated site of about about 10 stories high above sea level. There were plenty of lifts etc and walkways but getting to the promenade and sea was quite a walk.
Our first room on arrival was in newly constructed building and even at night it was easy to see that it would be both in shade during the day and below ground level so passers by would be able to look down onto the balconies. We explained that it was not a room we would be staying in for the remains of the stay.
Breakfast was OK mostly catering for Central and Eastern Eurupean tastes, Germans, Bulgarians, Russians etc. Quite a range of items but getting a decent (non runny) egg and proper toast was a challenge I never ever succeeded in to my simple satisfaction.
Food always looked good and presentable but for some reason it seemed to be pot luck as to what temperature it would be whenever you arrived at the restaurant. On occasions I hovered for fresh trays of things like chips or rice to come out from the kitchrens only to find them cool not hot.
This would fall well below food standards in the UK and Europe. When we complained to the Guest Services people they suggested we attend the A La Carte restaurants but even they when serving plated food had trouble providing hot food on hot plates. Food sent back to be re heated wasnt - it came back the same cool temperure. When we suggeste dto the GC people that the Director of food be asked if it might make sense to have Micro waves in the restaurants - he said no as all the people would want to use them. What a bizarre answer.
Our second room overlooked the side of the hothe and childrens pool,the whoe block was family rooms for some bizarre reason although the balconies had 4 chairs there were no tables. I had initially thought that the building was about 2 years old but it was apparently 2 months. I was very surprised to see considerable movement cracks throughout the building and one large concrete patio area on the RHS appears to have dropped by 50mm. There were signs of damp in the 2 rooms we used with skirting boards coming off. Some ground floor rooms apparently flooded when it rained.
Shopping in Side and other local areas even towardss the Airport was not inspiring enough to buy anything. Areas ouside of the Hotel was a bit depressing with the usual rubble of many unfinished building projects
We were all inclusive but I would not recommend it - Wine was poor to average quality and no choice offered. Spirits were very weak and unknown brands. I reckon a massive saving in cost would be possible by eating and drinking out. Except sadly the locals appear to have learnt English from "Only fools and Horses and supermarket adverts on UK TV. They do pester you to purchase items even food when they can see you are wearing AI wrist band. Perhaps they know how poor the meals are all over the area??
We were pestered to buy mostly fake cotton of varying qualities and football Shirts. Neither were interesting. There was also lots of opticians, jewellry and watch shops. But it was difficult to get excited by any items when next door the same stuff was on offer for about 80% less and looked the same. the old saying - if it looks too good to be true.... came to mind.
As a family we completely ignored ( in the politest way poossible) the keeness (pestering) to engage in any converstaion with these sales men, and left shops if the assitants became a nuisance. The only shops we bothered looking in were ones that responded to our request to look and ask for help if required.
The experience we had must be not typical or we are just fussy as there was evidence that many people return frequently - and even have a special meal laid on for them every week(we attended and food was just acceptable re temperature)
The beach was shallow and quite busy - on busy days there were upto 8 speedboats towing Parschutes and a few banana boats etc. I cannot imagine what it must be like in a more popular time and hope that the Speed boat drivers have recieved decent training.
The local bus service was excellent and vey efficient. Staff in the hotel were good. People in the main town much better than those in Side who I just thought of as being a general nuisance.
This was our first visit to Turkey and we cannot see any compelling reason to return.
It was our first visit to Turkey "

• Travel date: Wed 17th of November 2010

Midnight express

"This is the worst holiday I have ever taken, ear infection caused by the pool according to the hotel doctor. Ali the management said that there is no issues with the pool and all people from northern Europe have a genetic defect which acts up in Turkey. ??? Pardon me I was deaf not daft. The food is okay but a bacon sandwich would have been nice. The beach is nice and the water warm, there was so little chlorine in the pool that the algae from the sea water remaining on the guests swim wear bred like wildfire and the pool turned green, the hotel staff were baffled as to why the pool looked like a duck pond. It is safe to swim in said Ali I will get the pool boy to swim in it; I said you swim in it. Moving on, the hotels evening entertainment is so bad it is not worth a mention. Air conditioning is noisy and does not work during the night, be prepared to wake up sweaty. The kids club looked even worse run by some guy who spent all his time shouting at the kids. Staff expect tips, all inclusive is best as the hotel is expensive, also expect local trips to be cancelled last minute. Side itself is full of designer gear, sorry fake designer gear at very expensive prices, haggle all day is the custom, I have more to do with my holiday time than haggle over worthless tat.
My recommendation is do not go to this hotel. Many guests have written reviews where they return 30 times and more. Once upon a time. Oh really? Must be for the 40inch TV in every room which brings them back, you can watch the news, or the news. There was a programme about orange growers one night but it was in Israeli.

• Travel date: Sat 6th of November 2010

Hotels near Crystal Sunrise Queen Luxury Resort & SPA

Stayed at Crystal Sunrise Queen Luxury Resort & SPA? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Crystal Sunrise Queen Luxury Resort & SPA

• Beardy by Beardy

"Poor food, busy beach, pushy shopkeepers try B&B only, stay in main building. "

Crystal Sunrise Queen Luxury Resort & SPA is also called