Mandarin & Mango Boutique Hotels

Kizilcakaya Mah, Faralya, Uzunyurt 48300 Turkey

Good

A paradise

"we had an excellent honeymoon at Mandarin and we were very happy to have found this excellent boutique hotel.Well managed by Aysegul and her female team,excellent food relax atmosphere and stunning views.We went on boat trips and walk along the Lycian way,paraglide fromMount Cragus Babadag down to Oludeniz(glad not to stayed there)and visited several archaeological sites.
Definitely we will be back ....we already booked for next April...."

• Travel date: Wed 29th of September 2010

A paradise

"When our dirver was taking us through Ovacik/Hisaronu I thought that we did get our holidays wrong.It was a delight once he drove pass Oludeniz and start climbing towards Faralya that I relax a bit and start enjoying the stunning scenery,fantastic,sea and mountain views,little coves of turquoise clear water.
It was even better when we stop in a narrow road infront of a beautiful wooden door with the sign Mandarin on it.Then I knew we got it right.Wew were welcomed by the manageress and her lovely dog Pasha, hich turn out to be the highlight of our holiday,escorting us along the Lycian Way,and chasing the dragon flies around the pool.
We enjoyed bvery much the nature as flowers what plentyfull,walks pleasant and the clear skies alowed us to watch the beautiful sky at night with the millions of starts along the milkyway...
The accommodation was 11 out od 10 and the food 12 out of 10...
It is worth going spending time there..."

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of June 2009

We will be back

"We spend a week in early April at Villa Mandarin, it is exactly what other have already said.My onbly addition will be as we visited in spring is teh beautiful nature that should not be missed,flower filled valleys,wild orchids,stunning walking ground as Mandarin Boutique Hotel is located on the Lycian Way. We did also walk down the Butterfly Valley a bit tricky needs some attention but some of the best views..
Pasha did follow us and we felt priviledge,what a lovely dog,full of joy and energy..
Food provided by Bilge was really delicious,mainly organic and the wine was more then what we expected organic too..
Aysegul our host was always charming and did give us few interesting hints to go and visit.
Our next trip will be with a bunch of friends for a party at the Mandarin with eight suite we intend toi have to whole place to ourselves.."

• Travel date: Thu 16th of April 2009

Nature At Its Best

"We enjoyed our honeymoon at Mandarin in early April,the accommodation was superb,excellent host and a lovely dog Pasha,which took us for walk and we explored the Lycian Way,valleys full of wild flowers,crystal clear blue skies..And the food at Mandarin was excellent thanks to Bilge.Aysegul our host was charming and very helpful in directing us.
We will be back."

• Travel date: Wed 15th of April 2009

Wish you were there

"During this depressed winter and doom and gloom, I wish I was there, such lovely place, lovely people,delicious food,stunning scenery,fantastic compagnion Pasha,beautiful accommodation what else can you want from a holiday. Can not wait to go back in July..
It is only 8 suites so not all of you can come at once...:)"

• Travel date: Mon 30th of March 2009

Luxurious Delightful Hideaway

"While touring the marvelous and unspoilt Oludeniz area, the paths drove me to Villa Mandarin. I was welcomed by the land lady in a peaceful garden with pool and outside jacuzzi, a terrace restaurant. The rooms, stuningly wide and with jacuzzi, were over my expectations for these few days of retreat before returning home.
The quietness (rather silence), the walking paths, the view from my room and the top class service only added to the quality of the accommodation, the food, the cleanliness and the kindness of the staff.
The nearby historical and natural sites were amongst the other attractions of the area and offered me very nice/interesting occupations. Yet, a rental car is recommended if you wish to travel around at your own pace.
Hoping to have the opportunity to go back soon...

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of March 2009

Better Late Then Never

"My husband and I are planning this years holiday and we are trying to beat the enjoyment we had the previous year staying at the Mandarin. However we had such an enjoyable, relax,useful, with plenty of activities and different sceneries that we decide to return back this year again to the Mandarin.
The place is worth every penny, the spacious rooms with all the mod and cons,the large balconies with confi chairs and a peaceful surrounding,the easy access to nearby sites,the town of Fethiye and for those who wants the lively resort of Oludeniz. Without mentioning the playeful Pasha the dog, who acts more like a human, I can not wait to see what tricks he has learned during the winter months.He was excellent in chasing the big dragon flies.The food which is fresh made on a daily basis, prepared with the care of Bilge the chef,mainly organic and with abondance was delicious."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of February 2009

The Best of The Best

"We came au hasard,seen couple of comments and after 10 days of travelling around Turkey we end our journey in Faralya. Our aim was to stay at Oludeniz, however when we saw that the place was more for the energetic,young and night life people, we made our journey along the Lycian Way to Faralya. We were lucky that they had one suite available, and as all 8 suites are of the same quality, with the exception of one which is a supa dupa large de luxe.We stayed in Number 4 which got a large sea facing balcony,with nice uninterupted views.The food was excellent the best we had during our trip, the wine was delicious and the walks sea and mountain views was the most scenic ones..Our host and our guide Pasha took us along the Lycian Way down to Aktas a pebble stony beach which is excellent for snorkelling, and I did also catch couple of fish a bit small on the size but I am sure they will be ready for our next visit during 2009...I can recommend this littel paradise to honeymooners,people who enjoy the nature and also all the archaeological sites that are easily accessible nearby.."

• Travel date: Wed 18th of February 2009

Arriving at the hotel you are greeted by...

"Arriving at the hotel you are greeted by the manageress’ pet dog ‘Pasha’. They called him a puppy as he was only 2.5 yrs old but to be frank he is quite a ‘large’ puppy. Be aware of your first introduction to Pasha as he gets extremely excited and has no limits due to lack of training and exercise. Expect to have scratches on your vehicle (if you are inside and he leaps up to poke his head through the open window on your side), paw marks all over your trousers and good old saliva drops on your toes. Must say he is a very ‘friendly’ dog.
First impression of the hotel gives you an awkward feeling that you are going to spend the weekend over at your in-law’s villa - until you are shown the way to your room. The rooms are absolutely stunning. Well thought and designed, clean as it could get. Quiet with an air con that cools the hot room thoroughly. It was weird not to have a telephone in the room when you had a DVD player with a flat screen TV hooked up to the wall, but the receptions on mobile phones were absolutely fine. You may also find it ironic that you are provided with quarter filled 500ml used shampoo bottles with bath towels made from ‘organic’ fabric hanging along its side. For the hotel, little things don’t matter we presumed.
The hotel is run by the manageress and her team of nearby villager maids. The maids were extremely respectful and kind. They do all the home cooking, cleaning and serving. They reflect all the kindness and care of the villagers and have the best manners ever.
The food is traditional, served with a modern presentation. However, the menu is fixed and every guest will eat whatever the chef has cooked that day. It is a shame that they cannot provide you with an option to have a vegetarian main course at the least. If you’re vegetarian and cannot eat the main course there’s nothing to worry about because the wide selection of Turkish mezze’s and bread they serve up front is more than enough to fill you up. You will find a very rich selection of wine and other soft or alcoholic drinks too.
The manageress sits along with the guests, sunbathes, and eats meals just like you do as if you are taking a vacation all together. Minor problem is that she does like to keep you talking and occasionally tells you stories about other guests that had stayed at the hotel previously, makes you wonder what she would be saying about you after your departure.
The pool is relatively small and you cannot use it unless you like swimming in dog hair. Unfortunately, the pool does have a thick layer of Pasha’s hair floating on it and he also likes to use it as his water pot to drink from.
They serve complimentary cakes and tea, which they kindly bring to your room without you even asking for it. Due the fact they have no ‘do not disturb’ signs, your door will be knocked in the middle of your midday nap until you answer to collect the tray. We were devastated to realise that we were served two pieces of cake with moving tiny little maggots in it! What was worse is that we actually ate three quarters of it by the time we noticed. We were told that they gave us pieces left outside rather than pieces from the fridge and that this was the main cause. After a couple of other rude incidences and no intentions of maintaining customer satisfaction, we demanded our remaining two days worth of money back and left.
It was hurtful to witness such a greatly designed and well presented hotel being managed so poorly. But remember, Faralya is a place to see and experience with its delightful views and hostile villagers. Just be cautious of where you stay and that your money is worth the stay.
Overall, must say that the bad experience turned out to be the best thing ever as we discovered a PARADISE on earth in Bordubet (one of Marmaris’ villages) and had the privilege to stay there, which we cannot mention here but will definitely write about it in a different review, so watch this space!

• Travel date: Thu 7th of August 2008

While touring the marvelous and unspoilt...

"While touring the marvelous and unspoilt Oludeniz area, the paths drove me to Villa Mandarin. I discovered a peaceful garden with pool and outside jacuzzi, a terrace restaurant. The rooms, very wide and with jacuzzi, were just more than I could expect for a relaxing few days before ending my tour.
The surrounding beaches and area, walking paths, the view from my room and the top class service only added to the quality of the accommodation and the cleanliness of the premises.
Finally I regretted I was to leave but I will surely be back..."

• Travel date: Sat 29th of March 2008

One of the best places I have stayed.A s...

"One of the best places I have stayed.A small boutique hotel with extremely large rooms every mod and con large balconies and a double size Jacuzzi in each room.The furniture made from old wood recycled from the Black Sea region is all hand made and real pieces of art.The superking size 4 poster beds is more for 4 then 2 people..well if you are my size..:)). The food mainly organic fresh daily products real turkish and international cuisine,the piece and quiet makes it an excellent place to relax, explore the nearby archaeological sites,swim in unspoilt surroundings, or walk the beautiful Lycian Way..All comes with a hugh smile from the owner and her team..Will be back definitely"

• Travel date: Thu 27th of March 2008

Hotels near Mandarin & Mango Boutique Hotels

Stayed at Mandarin & Mango Boutique Hotels? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Mandarin & Mango Boutique Hotels

• aysecik by aysecik

"Enjoy the 4 poster beds and the stunning views "

• georgecharles by georgecharles

"Your host at Mandarin are very knowledgeable about the area ask them "

• georgecharles by georgecharles

"The food at Mandarin and the boatb trip organized by Mandarin "

• "The delta of Dalyan, the Saklikent Canyon and the Butterflies Valley "

• robinwyatt by robinwyatt

"relax, peace,views and very friendly host "

• robinwyatt by robinwyatt

"food at mandarin was delicious and we did not go anywhere else "

• frank66 by frank66

"we only eat at Mandarin "

• troubadour by troubadour

"an excellent area for walks/ruins/boat trip "

• troubadour by troubadour

"reserve your place early.... "

Mandarin & Mango Boutique Hotels is also called