My family stayed here for two weeks and...

Reviewed Sun 13th of August 2006

"My family stayed here for two weeks and we found staff to be extremely friendly. Our two teenage sons enjoyed the hotel and were happy to stay there in evenings playing pool or sitting at the bar when we decided to eat out in nearby restaurants. We were half board but as this was inexpensive, it meant that we could eat out in the nearby restaurants on occasions too.

The hotel rooms were clean and spacious with great views of the mountains and is only a short walk to the beach. When we weren't relaxing by the pool we took the opportunity to book a few trips such as paragliding, white water rafting, quad biking through the mountains, boat trips, river trips and of course a Turkish bath, massage and just down the road is a barbers where a Turkish shave is a must for the men!

We had a great holiday and although we tend not to go to the same place twice, Olu Deniz is definitely worth another visit."

• Travel date: Sun 13th of August 2006

Great Resort

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"We found the staff at the Magic Tulip to be helpful and friendly although the hotel was very basic.
Our room was on the ground floor and was very comfortable although there was a pretty nasty smell of drains and damp in the bathroom, and the shower was difficult to use without soaking the floor.
The resort of Olu Deniz is extremely beautiful, with towering cliffs from which paragliders float down onto the beach nearly all day long, and the beach itself was perfect for sunbathing and swimming.
It is slightly annoying that you get constant hasstle from waiters and sales people on the main road in the resort, we reverted to walking round the edge to avoid being mobbed and found some lovely places to eat.
I would visit Olu Deniz again but wuld probably chose to stay in a different hotel"

• Travel date: Thu 27th of July 2006

My brother and I stayed at the Magic Tul...

Reviewed Thu 6th of July 2006

"My brother and I stayed at the Magic Tulip hotel last year and were very impressed by the friendliness of the hotel staff.

The hotel rooms were clean and spacious and the views of the mountains were breathtaking! There's plenty of places nearby to eat and lots of variety.

I was so impressed by the beauty of Olu Deniz that I have booked to go back this summer. Enjoy!"

• Travel date: Thu 6th of July 2006

Awful room and very rude staff!!

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"If it had just been the dark, dank, smelly basement room that had been a problem, I may have not been so harsh with my rating, however the staff were rude and unhelpful, refusing to move us, even when other rooms were eventually available. Putting the room to one side, the hotel grounds were lovely!

Breakfast was in traditional turkish style and very nice, so no complaints there, however we did object to having our plates cleared before we had finished eating!

Olu Deniz as a resort is faultless in every way and absolutely stunning, I will be recommending it to everyone, however advising they seek out a different hotel!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 27th of June 2006

Magic Week at the Tupli

Reviewed Wed 10th of October 2012

"I have stayed in many places, and this was one of the best, My second visit to Turkey, This time it was a lot dearer than before probably due to the exclusion from the EU means importing prices are up, but i'm no economist.
The Magic Tulip was great, as a independant traveller I originally booked into "the Tulip" a sister (Cheaper) hotel but due to an influx of commercial holiday groups it was over sub-scribed. So Ahmet (Bloody good bloke) upgraded us to the Magic Tulip which sits 50 meters from the beach front.
We had a first floor pool side room, it was basic but hey your on holiday to indulge in other cultures not sit in your room. We had a Free Safe and Fridge within our room and Free Air Con. there was a double bed and a single plus and an additional sofa bed if required. TV which was handy to entertain my 5 YO whilst getting ready to go out at night. Bathroom was with usual fitment though it did have a shower enclosure not just a curtain. The staff were great very friendly The resort was great, very pleasing to my wifes eyes from a parachute @ 6,550 Ft. The one thing that really peed me off was the restaurants vying for your custom never taking no for an answer.
Lots of good Restaurants around. Bella Gusto was Fab well worth a visit. Theres a bar on the front Can't remember the name but it has these huge seats right on the front, you sit there at night a chill out to the tunes, took me back to being at savannah Bar in Ibiza. would recommend a trip soon, turkey is becoming very commercialised may soon be gone. If you get a chance go Scuba diving as well, Go see Mick at Dive Med apparently i'm on the video there now,i'm easy to spot i'm the one with only one arm!"

• Travel date: Fri 11th of November 2005

Hotel from Hell

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"The magic Tulip is as posted on many other reviews - smelly and dirty. If only I'd read these reviews before I booked.

I lasted in there one day but the room was flooded by rain and as if it didn't smell enough before.

I love Olu Deniz and the hotels there are generally a very good standard, however this hotel was awful, perhaps my experience was so bad as I had a basement room. I would have liked to have been moved to another room but the Thomas Cook rep couldn't offer one the same day. I could not stay in the room another night it was completely unfit to sleep in after the flood.

In the end i had to find my own alternative accommodation, which costs me an additional £150 on my holiday cost, but well worth it to be out of that hotel."

• Travel date: Wed 19th of October 2005

Demand a better room

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"Have just spent a fortnight at the Magic Tuliup. We were put into a dank smelly basement for one night, I demanded we be moved and we had a lovely room overlookinfg the inner courtyard garden, Hot water intermittant but staff were helpful and friendly. Have never been ti Turkey before and would go again but not to Olu Deniz. It is too commercial, lots of blubber, bling and tattooes and seemed more expensive than some other places we visited, but definitely rate the weather and Turkey."

• Travel date: Tue 27th of September 2005

never again

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"we had a basement room which was stinking of damp. tiles all rotten in bathroom our view was a brick wall and when you looked up you looked onto car wheels. Could not rely on hot water at night. If I had not been to this resort before this hotel would have made me never to come back.

Resort has become expensive compares to previous holidays here and it has become a lot more holiday resort that Turkish but still a nice place."

• Travel date: Fri 9th of September 2005

Cheap and very cheerful Tulip

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"Stayed at the Magic Tulip from 25 July - 8 August 2005 - 2nd time in Olu Deniz - was at the Montebello in 2003.

This is a lovely hotel with pretty basic rooms that aren't exactly luxourious but then you get what you pay for and this was the cheapest 14 night holiday I've ever had. We did meet people who had poor room allocations (basement rooms, next to the wheelie bins that get picked up every morning) so if you can specify pool side on your booking form.

Hotel staff are brilliant. Lovely lovely people - family run and only 47 rooms so really east to get to know people.

It is more expensive in Olu now that 2 years previously which is a real shame. The prices in some of the restaurants I must say were ludicrous - £8/9 for good Turkish main meal is well over the top in my view. Try the Asena Beach restaurant (7-9L for a meal), Pirates (Stir Fry 29L for 2 people), Olive Grove (expensive but excellent), Bella Gusto (gorgeous Calzone pizza).

We love the resort but I must say it is becoming a bit too British for my liking. Too many cooked breakfasts on offer and Sky TV (even if we couldn't resist the joys of Big Brother!!). If you don't like Turkish food I wouldn't recommend coming here. We are going back in a few years and I don't want to see it having turned into the Costa Del Sol.

I didn't find the beachs too busy at all. Even on a Sunday it wasn't packed down at the Lagoon - which is fantastic. Lounging in the warm waters is a absolute must a perfect destresser.

This is a piece of paradise 4 hours from the UK."

• Travel date: Sun 14th of August 2005

We have been to the tulip hotel on sever...

Reviewed Tue 31st of May 2005

"We have been to the tulip hotel on several occasions. As a couple, with family and on other occasions with friends in a big group.

We have always enjoyed our stay at the tulip. The staff are friendly, most of the staff are family. If you do happen to have a problem they will do their utmost to put it right.

They have barbies where Turkish food is served, with a Turkish dancer at the end. Which can be great fun.

They have recently opened another hotel just down the road which is practically on the beach.

This hotel is simply furnished. but we have always found that the hotel is very clean.

We have been visiting the tulip now for approximately 8/9 years. We have booked into other hotels in the area with a higher star rating but always come back to the tulip.

It''s the friendly relaxing atmosphere, they don’t pester you to do things. The family are very hard working - And mum and dad will always be just around the corner, checking that everything is spic and span.

The tulip is about 3/4 mins walk away from the beach.

• Travel date: Tue 31st of May 2005