magic holiday

Reviewed Tue 14th of July 2009

"had a great relaxing holiday.hotel was nice and clean staff helpfull and friendly when needed.hotel nicely situated for emmenities and beach. loved oludeniz and definately return."

• Travel date: Sun 12th of July 2009

disappointing

Reviewed Fri 10th of July 2009

"We found the hotel very clean but after a room change were put next to the reception where we could not only hear their business dealings but also the constant almost 24hour music at the bar. Unfortunately I was rather ill for 4 days and was treated with indifference by the family that run it. Hospitality and care didnt seem to be in their nature. Other than that, Olu Deniz and surrounding areas are fantastic and we shall return again but never to that hotel."

• Travel date: Fri 10th of July 2009

The basement

Reviewed Sat 4th of July 2009

"My friend and I have just returned from our holiday there and read the reports about being put in the basement and were surprised when at 4 a m on arrival to be put down there my friend is clostrophobic but we were told to sleep there and they would move us the next day.True to there word we were moved to a lovely room.Some of the staff were not that friendly especially if you went out and about an not lie round their pool all day.The rooms were kept lovely and clean and got clean towels everyday and clean sheets every other day.I would definitely go there again."

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of July 2009

Love it

Reviewed Tue 9th of June 2009

"This was our Thirteenth time At The Magic Tulip. Says it all really.
Rooms always cleaned , bar service (Yassin, Emra and Harriet) excellent.
Manager Ahmet always a great help and mine of local information."

• Travel date: Mon 8th of June 2009

amazing

Reviewed Fri 5th of June 2009

"magic tulip beach is an amazing hotel with great staff. it is a right on the front aprox 20 metres from the beach so very well situated. the bars in olu deniz are fab aswel. make sure you go to shadows and n-joy bar. you will have an amazing time. the hotel its self is very clean and the maid makes sure you have everything you need. the bar staff are very friendly and make your stay at both magic tulip and magic tulip beach hotels very enjoyable. I was soo sad to leave and would defonatly go back in the near future. Id recommend this to any ages as its entertainment varies on all nights. all these people who have wrote bad comments on here obviously expect to much, you get what you pay for and i think our money was very well spent."

• Travel date: Fri 5th of June 2009

Magic Tulip Beach review

Reviewed Mon 1st of June 2009

"We had a lovely week away in the sun. I took my 17 year old daughter and it was very relaxing...apart from several of the waiters trying to set her up with their sons!! We stayed in room 601...only complaint is - if you get this room check the wall behind the sofa as we had mould growing - not pleasant.
Nice pool and plenty of sun loungers. The staff very very nice and not at all pushy. The resort itself is very nice, not very big, but with plenty of choice for eateries. We found a lovely beach called Billy's Beach, where they would collect you from your hotel and drive you to the beach and then back when you were ready to leave again.
All in all I think we will return (but I may bring along a big stick to beat the men away from my daughter!!)."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of June 2009

dont stay here u have been warned

Reviewed Wed 11th of March 2009

"very rude owners treat people like dirt unless u spend spend at this awful hotel all the family no manners even there daughter has a bad rude attitude owners ignorant. how many more bad reviews have to be said before people stop going here never ever stay here people that do are idiots."

• Travel date: Tue 10th of March 2009

magic

Reviewed Mon 27th of October 2008

"we stayed in the magic tulip for 3 weeks and enjoyed every minute of it. the maids cleaned our room every day with fress bedding and towels..all the staff were friendly and helpful we stayed in the lower rooms the were very nice with a large balcony.the shower was always hot .my daughter loved yasin the barmans fruit cocktails and he was always laughing with her.we totaly enjoyed the holiday and will be returning to the magic tulip.THANKYOU to all staff there from cengiz .debi & ayse"

• Travel date: Sun 26th of October 2008

We had a great time!

Reviewed Mon 13th of October 2008

"Having read mixed reviews about the hotel, we weren't sure what to expect! When we arrived at Magic Tulip, we found that we had a very pleasant and clean room, with all the basic necessities (which was all that we had expected!) The staff were very friendly and polite, and the our room was cleaned every day. It is perfectly situated in Olu Deniz as it is in the centre and only a short walk from the beach, but is far enough from the main road that you don't hear noise from the bars at night. To be honest, you won't spend much time in your room as there is so much to do in the local area! Don't bother booking day trips through your tour operator, the local tours are much cheaper and you can haggle on the prices! Although considering the basic lack of health and safety in Turkey (especially with regards to driving on trips like Jeep Safari) there are some trips that are not for the faint hearted! Especially funny was the great drag show 'Talk of the Town' in nearby Hisaronu - a hilarious night out! Also recommended is having a Turkish bath - I've never been so clean!

We didn't jump off the mountain as paragliding looked fun but a little too scary, but we did go parasailing in the lagoon, and would recommend that to anyone as a safer alternative, with equally amazing views of the lagoon and local area!

We would definitely come back here again as the atmosphere is so relaxed and the locals are really friendly! We had a fantastic time!

• Travel date: Sun 12th of October 2008

Terrible!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed Sat 11th of October 2008

"just got back from oli deniz ,terrible place hotel had damp sheets and towels,very lax attitude Bad rooms mouldy and damp we were put in the basement room and asked to change immediatley could not change until thursday.This is the first holiday that I just wanted to go home.Everything is too much trouble for them Totally agree about the BBQ it was a waste of money,god and the belly dancer .Never again ,Please dont go to that hotel,terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Sat 11th of October 2008

My sister & I have stayed at the Magic T...

Reviewed Fri 29th of August 2008

"My sister & I have stayed at the Magic Tulip for the past 6 years, each year we are meeting up with people we met the year before.Most of whom have booked independantly.we have always had a great time rooms cleaned every day,good pool to relax by, friendly staff. Read a report of complaints about the breakfast, you get what you pay for. Some of the tour companies are only paying the hotel £5 per night for the rooms. We are back there in October for another 2 weeks really looking forward to a nice relaxing holiday"

• Travel date: Fri 29th of August 2008

There are two Magic Tulip hotels in Olu...

Reviewed Fri 29th of August 2008

"There are two Magic Tulip hotels in Olu Denis, I refer to the one opposite the Secret Garden. Anything but friendly as reported in the brochure the unfriendliest hotel I have ever encountered. The room was clean enough the towels were a disgrace, no hot water to shower, leaking aircon, Turkish night a complete waste of money same menu with a couple of kebabs thrown in & a pathetic belly dancer. Waiters, bar & reception staff the dourest people I have ever met in the hospitality industry. Olu Denis is a beautiful place but this holiday was a direct contrast to our last Turkish holiday in Hisaronu one of the best we,ve had."

• Travel date: Fri 29th of August 2008