Good
2090
Good

It just gets better and better!

Reviewed Tue 23rd of April 2013

"My family and I have visited this hotel over 20 since 1999, and still find it impossible to beat. We have been on countless other holidays during this time also, but Lykia World is the only hotel we return to. This is because of the exceptionally high standards the hotel keeps on every level. The standard of hygiene, maintenance, quality and variety of food are truly fantastic. The staff from the gardeners right through to the management offer a warm welcome and work tirelessly to ensure every guest has a great holiday.

The sand is shingly and there are some rough stones on entry to the sea, so I would recommend sea shoes or to use the jetty. The sea is the most beautiful blue and the setting is purely stunning.

• Travel date: Thu 18th of April 2013

Fantastic - once again!

Reviewed Mon 17th of September 2012

"Another FABULOUS holiday to Lykia - this is our seventh visit and we will be back again. A feeling of restorative calm washes over me once the room door closes and I look out at the amazing views and I remember why we come each year. I travel with my adult daughter (23) who is on the ASD spectrum and the warmth and care we receive gets better each year. We get welcomed as 'repeaters' with flowers, wine, fruit, toileteries, towelling robes and slippers and significant discount of the final bill (more later).
My other daughter (26) came too for one week and she was blown away by the views, facilities,swimming pools and food. She enjoyed relaxing by the pools and sea. My younger daughter spent most of her time swimming, but also enjoyed paraglidiing, the rhino boats and a gyrocopter ride.
Food was excellent again, no upset tummies - we do the sensible stuff bottled water etc. So much choice, with cooks and waiting staff always so helpful and attentive, despite the number of guests. We worked out that really only from 5.30- 7 and 9.30-11.30 there wasn't food on offer!
We stayed in the Village, the room size is excellent and bathrooms great. The decor is looking a bit tired and dated (curtains in P216 got a few moth holes!) - but you only sleep there. Looking at recent reviews, I don't get the problem - I like the architecture - it was built in the 80s and I think an amazing project - the land wasn't flattened to to fit the complex, but built to complement the contours of the land - so expect hills and enjoy getting a bit of exercise to walk off the food. TVs are small, but are really there to watch tv?
Housekeeping great - thank-you.
The grounds are immaculate and a lot of effort is bit in to make improvements each year. I think the on-going programmer with this is remarkable.
This place though once you have got you heads around the amazing complex and all the brilliant facilities is all about the staff.
It is so nice to be welcomed back, from the reception staff, guest relations to waiting staff. The Animation/entertainment team are amazing and I think the key thing is they really seem to enjoy themselves. Genghis has a great team and strives to put on a varied and different range of events from one year to the next. We don't usually do the daytime sports and entertainment by the pool preferring the quieter adults pool - but each night we LOVED the evening entertainment in the amphitheater - a mixture of in-house, children performances and outside entertainment. The dancing is fab.
Individually, Genghis, Roxy,Carrie, Cisco, Ymrie, Ulas, JJ stand-out, in fact you all do! Volkan is running a great craft programmer with lots of choices of things to do.
But, I hold a special place in my heart for the beautiful Irina. She is an amazing asset to the team, each year she comes and seeks us out and I am not sure how she does it but recalls even the sort of course my daughter is doing at college! She is genuinely interested in people and takes time to show this. A lovely lovely lady.
The ESCAPE team - what can I say. Maya and I love you. Ibo, Luca, Mehmet, Eric and Taner you make Maya's holiday. These guys are the business, they run the very professional paragliding and water sports company in Lykia. Their safety record and general professional attitude is why I will pay the difference to the prices in town. They accommodated my daughter each evening as she re-watched her dvds and made her welcome - thank-you. Special thanks to Eric and Taner - you are GREAT.
As 'Repeaters' you can carry forward loyalty points from the last 2 years, I redeemed my loyalty points and ok we aren't big on cocktails and extras but this took my bill down to just 30 tl! We didn't spend as much this year as Maya didn't go diving this year so the points won't be as much next year I .hope the Full Board plus and the 'repeaters' programmer continue next year. The all-inclusive option available is good if you are drinkers.
Thank-you once again.

• Travel date: Sun 16th of September 2012

disappointed

Reviewed Wed 17th of August 2011

"we booked a sea view room which was sold to us as a double superior family room when we arrived we was taken to a room with a double bed and a sofa bed in which was smaller than a travel lodge room!!
the rooms were rubbish the food was rubbish and so was the service if your thinking of going to turkey tghen try a different resort,the weather was fab but thats all i can say about our holiday very disappointed."

• Travel date: Wed 10th of August 2011

Beautiful location fantastic food

Reviewed Thu 28th of April 2011

"Just returned from Lykia World, 2 Adults and 2 Children what a beautiful setting, mountains and pine trees leading down to a lovely beach with crystal clear water.

The rooms where large 2 bedroom rooms for families, they where spotless and well maintained.

The staff and entertainment team where brilliant didnt use kids clubs but loads for children to do.

The best thing was the food we didnt eat in the speciality restaurants because the buffet was fantastic, so much choice and fresh, nothing left out to get cold, and all tastes catered for.

Would definatly go back again and see a bit of the resort as it was early in the season not much open in Olu Deniz.

All together a fantastic holiday as good if not better than other 5 star hotels I stayed in in Turkey.

• Travel date: Thu 28th of April 2011

Short Changed

Reviewed Tue 28th of September 2010

"Be careful as 4 of us booked a golfing holidy with single rooms and we were "upgraded" to a Villa.
The villa has 3 bedrooms 2 upstairs and 1 down. this meant 2 of the group shared a twin bedded room, 1 had the master bedroom and 1 of our group was downstairs. Both upstairs rooms had ensuite, tv's and balconies.
The down stairs bedroom was small with little space, an ensuite which had very little in it. There was no space to lay out toiletries, the toilet roll was kept on the pedal bin, no toilet brush and for the first day no plug for the wash basin. One day the bath towel was taken and not replaced. The shower leaked with the water from it surrounding the toilet. There was no tv in the bedroom, no balcony and no sea view. It did have an indoor and outdoor swimming pools which were used once.
I believe we were short change as we did not get what we paid for which was 4 separate rooms.
The golf was ok but there is a shortage of buggies and in high temperature, 36C plus, walking for some was out of the question."

• Travel date: Tue 28th of September 2010

Lykia World, Oloudeniz

Reviewed Thu 16th of September 2010

"Firstly, be aware, everything in the resort is in Euros! We felt conned! Turkey are not in the EU! If you buy anything in the resort, your receipt will be in Turkish Lira! There are no tea/coffee making facilities in the room and Room Service is only available if you are staying in the Residence! This is all 5 star accommodation and for me leaves much to be desired! There is no air conditioning in the restaurant at The Village only fans, so it makes it very uncomfortable to eat and enjoy! If you buy a Magic Card, make sure you use all of the balance before you leave, because you will be giving them that money back if you don't! If you have any even minor mobility problems, they will be accentuated by the time you leave! It is a very spread out resort. It is all up hill and down dale with many steps to encounter on the way. The staff were wonderful and I could not fault them or their service and also the cleanliness of my room. Really enjoyed our holiday, but definitely wouldn't go there again."

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of August 2010

I love Lykia world

Reviewed Wed 16th of June 2010

""Lykia world full on shineshine full of laughter, Lykia world" This is ther lykia world song!! Me and my partner loved it loved it loved it and did not want to come home. There is so much to do in such little time, 7 days was far too short for us. It's great for families and couples with so much to do. It can feel a bit daunting on the first day because it is so big if staying in the village, it took us 15 minutes to get to the reception because we were lost but very quickly got our barings. We stayed in the village which I think is extrodinary, the views the space. The staff and local are beautiful and we met very nice people that were also on holiday. There is a wide variety of food with something for all tastes. We ate at the Marina restaurant quite often, because the views were to die for and there was more variety. The food is buffet style so you can go up as many times as you like and the local wine and beer are also free. The three main restaurants are free and the others cost a reservation fee. The private beach is amazing bright blue sea with white sand, lots of excursion for a local rate. 19 pools to choose from and you can get around on mini buses that drive round the resort because it is very big with a lot of hills if you done like walking. Walking from the restarants to 1 of the 19 pools is a workout in itself so you can eat what you like, thats what I told mysef. Try to not buy drinks at the resort bars as it is expensive everything is in Euros at Lykia world, it is cheaper to go to Olu Deniz and get afew bits from the supermarket. DO NOT DRINK FROM MINI BAR!!! I could go on for ever there's so much to talk about I am defiantely going back I loved it, well worth the money time and effort. It was fantastic , thanks Lykia world and the hundreds of staff who make your stay worth while."

• Travel date: Wed 16th of June 2010

Brilliant!!!

Reviewed Wed 26th of May 2010

"Lykia World is a must visit place. It is set in sloping grounds with its own private beach. The complex has two sets of accommodation - Residence and Village, though having stayed in both I don't think there is a great deal of difference (except in price, as apart from the actual location of your room both Residence and Village share the entire complex). Lykia World is beautiful, incredibly picturesque, so clean and well maintained. There are so many pools you are spoilt for choice, and thats without the beach. 3 main restaurants, one beside the sea, and a few speciality ones means food is never a problem. There are lots of organised activities as well as tennis courts, table tennis, archery and much more. The entertainment in the evening is great fun and you see how hard the entertainments staff work. All the staff at Lykia World work hard and all are extremely friendly. This was our 4th visit and we have never found any member of staff to be anything other than gracious, polite and helpful. We would recommend this holiday to everyone one. One visit to Lykia World will defintely not be enough. "

• Travel date: Mon 24th of May 2010

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC

Reviewed Tue 13th of October 2009

"Yes....ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC.....My friend Kate and I spent 2 weeks September 2009 and enjoyed every minute. We're both well travelled.....Always use 5 star hotels around the world....never been to Turkey before.....PITY....This is one of our best holidays ever....Usually go to Dubai (7 star accom) at this time of year but decided to go to Lykia World for a change....NO REGRETS.....Extremely clean hotel....food out of this world for choice......plenty of activities.....Turkish people are great, made loads of new friends....A very casual and relaxing holiday, all you need to take is swimwear....shorts....pedal pushers and some fancy tops for the evenings.....yes they do have 19 pools within the complex and they're spotless....with beautiful mountain scenery all round....it's set in a wonderful location.

Suits ABLE BODIED people OF all ages.

If you're in a wheelchair, on sticks, have walking problems or have small children in pushchairs....in my opinion there's far too many uphill slopes and steps to negotiate.....would suggest you stay somewhere flatter.

As for Kate and myself.....we can't wait to go back same time next year.

• Travel date: Sat 10th of October 2009

SUPERB!!!

Reviewed Mon 31st of August 2009

"My wife and I and our 2 young children aged 5 & 3 have returned from the most amazing holiday ever. Lykia World was recommended to us by friends and we were not disappointed.

On arrival we were upgraded to the Residence (main hotel) having originally booked to stay in the Village. The room was enormous, the bathroom alone had a corner jacuzzi bath, seperate double shower & WC. Slippers and gowns were also provided. There was ample hanging space, a seperate shower room, huge queen size bed, private balcony at ground level (as requested), etc, etc. Our room overlooked one of the adult only swimming pools named Blue Lagoon.

Fresh beach/pool towels provided daily - don't take your own!

There are 2 seperate private beaches - Residence and Main.

The Reception is not so much a beach, but a series of rocks - ideal for snorkeling & scuba diving. The jetty has steps that allow easy access into the sea and sand bags have been placed on the sea bed so that you are not out of your depth when you enter the water. Ample shade and sunbeds are also provided.

The Main beach sits infront of the Village. Stunning views, ample shade and sunbeds. A jetty allows access to the sea. The clever staff at Lykia World have also built a raft that can be easily reached (my 5 year old got there 3 times). The raft is hollow on the inside and feeding the fish was brilliant. Large plastic jugs on ropes have also been provided so the kids can try and catch the fish.

The Residence pool area was good. 3/4 pools at the top level - 2 water slides leading to another pool. Again, ample shade provided all around Lykia World.

The Village pool was large, however neither the Residence or Village pools have shallow areas for toddlers and youngsters.

Childrens Paradise - wow! An amazing series of pools and water slides, water cannons, secret caves, luscious landscaping, toddlers area, beach, etc. A seperate section has 5 large water slides - 2 steep pararel slides and 3 larger slides - zebra, cow and giraffe. The giraffe is the longest and fastest - my 5 year old son Joseph dared me to do this - so I did and again and again. The restaurant at CP is good. Rubber rings hired for a euro / day. Clean drinking water provided free.

A free bus service allows you to go anywhere in the complex.

We didn't use the tennis courts, archery, golf course, soccer pitches, themed restaurants.

Entertainment - every night. The main show is in the ampitheatre. An array of different entertainment from 9-30 to 10-30 - magic shows, musicals, etc. Other entertainment provided in the bar areas in both Residence and Village after the main show.

Food - excellent. There are 3 main restaurants - Residence, Village and Marina (beach front). Breakfasts, lunches and evening meals - something for everyone and all appetites - all self serve - Tuborg beer and wine, as much as you like at luch and evening meal times. Go early to the Marina restaurant to view the amazing sunset - see a tuna fish carved and served (the was a magnet for our 2).

Staff - proffessional, courteous and polite.

Cleanliness - excellent.

Other - the crickets are very loud and take lots of insect repellent (mosquitoes).

Tips - ask for the fridge to be emptied as minibar prices are steep. Get a taxi from reception and go to Azda in nearby Hisaronu and stock up on drinks and goodies. The taxi was £16 return and well worth it. Do not shop in Olu Deniz - this is 3 times more expensive than Hisaronu.

Lykia World prices are generally high but not extortionate as written in other reviews - a large beer is 3.75 euros about £3 which is roughly home prices. We spent 300 euros in 2 weeks - peanuts considering the horror stories about prices. Though we spent roughly £150 on our trips to Azda.

Go to the ghost town in Kaya Koy. Formerley a Greek settlement dating back 4000 years, and almost still intact. Spooky. Olu Deniz lagoon is a must with safe swimming for toddlers and youngsters and gorgeous scenery.

An amazing holiday with something for everyone.

• Travel date: Sun 30th of August 2009

Brilliant holiday - kids loved it !

Reviewed Fri 28th of August 2009

"Just returned from a great holiday at Lykia World, I don't normally write on review sites but this place deserves it !

Accommodation: Residence - 2 rooms with (lockable)interconnecting doors 3 kids in one room 2 adults in the other. More than enough for us and the kids, sofa bed for my eldest was extremely comfortable, was a little concerned initially but the accommodation configuration turned out to be perfect. TV, mini bar, bath and shower, safe, plenty storage and hanging room for clothes, balcony etc. We had garden facing rooms which were fine for the short times we were in the room.

Air Con: Not the best I've ever experienced but more than enough for the times we were in the room. It goes off when you take the key out of the in-room holder but with 2 rooms and both keys working both doors we kept one on through the day and the cleaning staff never disabled it.

Weather: Fantastic. Plenty of places to be directly in the sun or in dappled shade under trees. 38-40deg most of the time.

Staff: Although we never saw the Thomas Cook rep the hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful. At short notice we asked for a late checkout which was arranged without fuss keeping one of our booked rooms until 2:30.

Checkin / checkout: Very nice and efficient check in, we arrived on a Tuesday. Checkout was a bit longer but that was only due to the number of people checking out at the same time.

Airport transfer: We booked a private transfer, which I would recommend, and the journey takes just over an hour. Mini bus had aircon and the journey isn't too bad but a little boring for the kids (no surprise).

Room Services: Very good and efficient. Didn't move any of our stuff around (a pet hate of mine) and the room was always great to come back to after a long day in the sun.

Dinner / Lunch Service: Awesome selection of foods every day and with full board you can eat pretty much any time during the day at no extra cost, you'll have to move round the resort a bit to do it though which isn't a problem at all. I would highly recommend the Sofra restaurant (billable and you have to book) which is outdoors doing Turkish food with some truly spectacular meat cooked in a fire pit, great atmosphere and nice evening entertainment also (take your camera) kids came along and really enjoyed it too. You'll want to be there for around 7:30 - 8:00.

Entertainment: Residence is pretty quiet / dead every night (which is nice sometimes) but there's always something going on in the Village and the entertainment and facilities there are very high quality. Bars, cocktails, coffee, amusement arcade, live shows etc etc

Extras: We hit the mini-bar every night, bought beers ice cream and drinks several times a day, bought loads of water guns and balls from the shops and didn't hold back on any extras and also had one night out at a billable restaurant. Extras bill for 7 nights was £400 which I thought was very reasonable, having seen previous reports of high extras.

Facilities: Probably the best part of Lykia World is the range of options you have for how you spend your day. We spent the majority of our time at Children's Paradise (water / entertainment park) which is just absolutely fantastic, you do need to get there early'ish (around 09:00) to get a really good spot around one of the many pools but there are more than enough sun loungers around the whole park. Once the kids were sun-creamed we only saw them at lunch times as they were having so much fun, perfectly safe and secure and had no worries letting them run around on their own (ages 7, 8 and 10). Other options are adult only pool areas (let the wife go a couple of times while I took the kids to paradise), beach (mostly stones/shingle), excursions, residence and village pool areas, indoor pool, spa and probably loads more that we didn't discover.

Overall I would say this resort is one of the best family locations I've seen and I would thoroughly recommend it and go again, kids loved it and the options for adults are also great. If you're thinking of a holiday for kids that's also great for adults then this is the place for you ... enjoy."

• Travel date: Wed 26th of August 2009

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed Tue 18th of August 2009

"WOW.......I have been to hundreds of hotlels and I have never stayed in a better one than this! 5 days after we got back form lykia world we booked again same time!It is great for all ages of people!The food there is AMZING! the people there are so kind.there is a FANTASTIC games rooom and AMAING intertanment on in the evenings, there is lots of choise of where to eat in the evening try the chinese it is lovely and it will fill you up!!!! The shops there a wonderfull! Make sore you go shopping in lykia world!!! THere is a spar!the rooms are great we got a sea view!you can go parashooting! or if you perfer relax and get a turkish bath I got a turkish bath and it was the most wonderfull thing! there is more than 19 pools!!!!!!!there is loads of pools for childen in childens paradice! and there is a lot of pools for adults!its just AMZING and you cant forget the beach!OH MY GOD THERE IS SO MUCH MORE ITS JUST AMAZING
here is the website....lykiaworld.com :)))))))))"

• Travel date: Tue 18th of August 2009

Hotels near Liberty Hotels Lykia

Top traveller tips for Liberty Hotels Lykia

• fattypatty by fattypatty

"paragliding and blue lagoon "

• samantha baxter by samantha baxter

"Do not let your children of any age or to be aware when you go into the Turkish bath nr adult pool "

• samantha baxter by samantha baxter

"The marina restuarant in the hotel "

• ANN D by ANN D

"DONT LISTEN TO PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT FOOD AND CLEANLINESS THEY MUST BE EXCEPTIONALLY PICKY "

• ANN D by ANN D

"EVERYTHING IS AMAZING YOU REALLY DO FEEL LIKE YOU DIED AND GONE TO HEAVEN "

• Lyndamc by Lyndamc

"Worth a visit, the people are great "

• StevieW by StevieW

"Very picturesque resort, with stunning scenery. "

• Davies by Davies

"Not much there, get a taxi to Oludeniz and then a cheap Dolomus to Fethiye - more going on there! "

• Davies by Davies

"Just had a lazy break at LW so did not venture out much - next time we will when we go for 2 weeks "

• Geoff Glover by Geoff Glover

"All in all a fantastic holiday that I'd recommend to anyone. "

• Geoff Glover by Geoff Glover

"Paragliding is a must "

• venice by venice

"jeep safari and dalayan river cruise to see turtles "

• Vesiloe by Vesiloe

"the shops there are great and the people are lovely! "

• Vesiloe by Vesiloe

"I loved going to see the turtals!:))) "

• B Samuels by B Samuels

"Having visited 4 times now, its obvious how much we like this place "

• she by she

"Decide for Yourselves "

• Golfing Nut by Golfing Nut

"No, I would be to embarrased if the same happened to friends. "

Liberty Hotels Lykia is also called