Liberty Hotels Lykia

Faralya Mah. Kidrak Sokak 6, Oludeniz 48330 Turkey

hmm ok ....

"at the time i was 12. i found this hotel was great . the thing that annoyed me was the staff. dont leave anything in ur room coz the maids nick it. even if its not worth much.the enteratiners were only interested in ----- and big ones. they ignored us and kept going to al the teenagers who aree topless round the pool. also kaaroke id give a miss anyday!!! i booked a song and went up no prbs then my mum booked a song and neever got called. someeonee else who booked after her went up and donee the song she picked and we never got called. we went to ask them and they said that that song was already done? we went bak the next week thinking that was a one of and this is the worst. i booked my song and i went up and done it and my sister who hadnt done a song yet booked a dong and said fo rme to go with her and that. this girl was called who was going to do the same song as us wasnt there soi wwent uo and explaained that we had booked that song earlier and asked me if i was this girl and i said no while having this conversation two girls(big -----) were shouting they wwould do it. i said there not the girl either but we already booked this song. he then made me feel so urhhhhh he asked me to leave the stage. at this point me and my faamily went to our room. the room was FAB it was bbig and oh my goodness it was lovely we had a sea view room which we could ssee the sundset. pools were good but waterslides were disapointing. well its for u to go and decide u might have a spectacular timee! if u go go qith and open mind and decide for urslef

• Travel date: Tue 26th of July 2005

Lovely Holiday

"You learn the quality of a place when things go wrong-- our 3 year old came down with the chicken pox. Every thing was done to make our stay pleasant including a visit from the restaurant mgr to see what food we wanted brought to our room. The doctor was excellent as well. Before we came up with Ch pox, we were having a great time-- excellent facilities, gorgeous food that was great for kids as well. The staff was amazing and absolutely loved kids. I would recommend getting the family suites as the upgrade is well worth it. We will return but will not travel with Thomas Cook. They sold us the family suite and gave us the smaller room saying that Thomas Cook calls them both family suites and then jerked us around for days saying we got what we paid for when I requested 3 times during the reservation conversation that we wantd the family suite because we didn't want to be in the same room with our children. Enough said-- the family suite was much nicer than the standard rooms. The standard room was comparitively shabby-- although fine. The beach was gorgeous (although pebbles, not sand). The surroundings were exquisite-- nestled between mountains-- absolutely gorgeous. There was loads to do there. I'm not sure of the creche-- everyone seemed to use and and were happy with it, but I couldn't get a firm answer out of anyone as to what they would do if something went wrong with your child (how would they get a hold of me?). There were no wrist bands for identification etc. So, we didn't feel comfortable leaving our children. But, that wasn't our intention for the holiday anyway."

• Travel date: Sat 16th of July 2005

Brilliant Place- ideal for families, couples, and single parents!

Good

"Me and my boyfriend stayed at Lykia World Residence for 2 weeks (June 11th-25th) I would imagine this is one of the better times to go because the temperature was just right (30s+ everyday). Anything in July and August is going to reach 40s which in my opinion is just too hot.

We arrived late on Saturday night and were greeted with two drinks and an easy check in. The porter took our luggage to the room for us (note: there will be a small charge for this on your final hotel bill which we were not aware of-so remember this when you are wondering whether to tip them).

The room was very comfortable, clean and spacious. It was cleaned daily and linen changed every other day. We had a nice sea view which also overlooked the main residence pool and bar which was good during the day but did get a bit noisy when the evening entertainment started at 10.45 (finished 12pm). If you have children I would avoid these rooms at the front because it can keep you awake. By the way the entertainment was excellent and I would recommend you attend the live music shows at the residence main pool especialliy a guy called Shantan from SA-he is amazing. They even have Karaoke which I admit to doing on my last night!! As for the Animation team-they are also fantastic and do a great job with their shows every night at 9.30 in the Ampitheatre.

The pools were also good but it didn't feel like there were over 17 pools. We largely stuck to the Residence main pool where you were always guaranteed a sun lounger etc. The Village pool was massive with music playing daily and was often the busier of the two. Me and my boyfrined even visited the Children's paradise and had a couple of hours fun on the water shoots etc so its not just for kids.

As for the food-it was very good with a number of varied dishes. The Marina Restaurant was our favourite for Lunch and Dinner and was really nice in the evening. We often spent a night there drinking wine and looking out to sea. The sunsets are also amazing and they set between two beautiful mountains. Make sure you grab a hotel photographer to take your pictures with the sun set as a backdrop. Each photo costs about 9 lire which isn't bad!. You must also try the specialist restaurants (for an extra charge.) The Chinese was very good but make sure you check the menu as they change daily!

Although this wasn't all inclusive our hotle bill came to about £166 for two weeks. After a promotional discoutn of £25 off each per week our final bill was £66 between the two of us which was reasonable. The two weeks we stayed were on promotion as they were early season-check with your travel agent

All in all we hd a fantastic time relaxing, swimming, eating and taking in the sights. We even did a few city tours and rented a Jetski at the hotel. I'd recommend you check this place out!!"

• Travel date: Thu 7th of July 2005

Lykia World Residence

Good

"Lykia World is good, very good but there are a few points I would like to make. The food is excellent for adults but limited for children who are less likely to try things they are not familiar with. The staff were generally very helpful but the bar service at the main village bar was poor. The room was excellent. Location is lovely but no shuttle service to Olu Deniz. Don't believe this resort is all inclusive its not. You have to pay for everything like most sport activities and drinks not at mealtimes. My final bill for my son and I was 200 pounds. Entertainment is very good especially the evening shows at the outdoor theatre.

My main complaint was about information on activities. I took my 14 year old son to Lykia because of all the activities. When we arrived to play football at 4.30 the first day we were told its adults only (nothing on the information sheet to this effect) The only way he could get an organised game was by going to the teen club which he refused to do as its not cool! It was therefore hard work to keep him entertained by we managed. Had similar problems with beach volleyball, tennis and basketball. I think Lykia needs to sort this out. The resort is ideal for young children but not great for teenagers.

However we had a great week and the resort is lovely in many ways. The food for adults is fabulous, most staff are great and the sea / beach is lovely. I will not go back to Lykia though as its rather isolated."

• Travel date: Tue 7th of June 2005

LYKIA WORLD - kids love it.........

"This is a huge enclosed resort in Turkey. It has 17 pools, flumes, slides, water cannons, scrabble nets etc etc, in a kids world of water.
Also you will find 2 quiet adult only pools with the resort. Further main pools or games and a swim, all these away from the kids world of water, so don't think you can't get away from the those little darlings.
The resort has many restaurants, it is an all inclusive resort, so not cheap, but you get what you pay for in this world. Some have a small extra charge.
Drinks are incl with meals.There are kids club from age 3 -18.
Rooms are either in the VILLAGE or the RESIDENCE, the first are split into std, superior or Garden rooms, garden rooms are the budget type, plain, simple, no balcony. Std are fine, superior are a little larger.
See lykiaworld
Some rooms connect, to you get two identicle rooms, with a bathroom each, excellent for families of 4,5,6,7,8 - but rather expensive.
many on-line reviews, just do a search - 99.9% are 100%+, huge number of repeat guests.
High standards, excellent food.
Beautiful view"

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of June 2005

Lykia World was fabulous!!

Good

"We went last year and it was fabulous! The service was great, as soon as we got there someone in reception offered us a sandwich. If you look like your struggling carrying drinks or something like that in one of the restaurants, waiters will come over like a shot and help you carry them. The rooms were very good along the lines of size and quality, they weren't massive but the only time we were in ours was when we slept, so they were great in that sense. The pools were great, most of the time our 16 an 12 year olds got the minibus, that goes around the resort, to the waterpark, while we done some sunbathing on the beach. The best pools for families were probably the Village pool, where most of the games and activities went on, which was good for swimming in, the 3 outdoor pools in the Residence, which were good for just messing about with beachballs or whatever and going down the slides, and the Childrens Paradise, which was good for a bit of swimming and a bit of playing with the rubber rings on the slides. There are LOTS of things to do in Lykia World, archery, rock climbing(it says on the LW website that rock climbing isn't included in full board accommodation, but we had a go and didn't have to pay), canoes, tennis courts, gym equipment, classes like fitness and football etc. are all included in full board accommodation. Also there are things like inline skating, a mini zoo and a drawing area in the Childrens Paradise. You have to pay for jetskis but they are well worth a try. If you want to do any excursions like mudbaths or paragliding, I wouldn't do them with the hotel as they are expensive. There is a travel agents called Metrolya in Olu Deniz, the man who works there, Bloody Gorgeous, is great and the trips are a good price. However, some trips like canyoning are a reasonable price at LW. The beach is a bit pebbly but just take some beach shoes and that won't matter, it is still a great beach with little islands in the water to swim out to. Also, remember to take something for mosquito bites as mosquitos are everywhere in Turkey. The food is beautiful in LW. They have the Village restaurant which is good for breakfast and dinner/lunch if you have younger kids, the Residence restaurant which is good for dinner and the Marina restaurant by the beach which is good for lunch or dinner. The Residence and the village restaurants have different international theme nights every night, e.g french, mexican. Also there is a childrens retaurant in the Childrens Paradise, but we didn't go there. There are also speciality restaurants, sushi, turkish, chinese, fish and italian. We tried the chinese which was lovely apart from the dessert and the italian which was okay but the courses were all a bit small and cheesy. The turkish was meant to be nice as well, so we are going to give that a try when we go again(we are going again as LW was brilliant!!). All drinks were free during meals(and there were meals pretty much all the time - breakfast, then lunch, then snacks (which was proper food not actually snacks like crisps or anything), then dinner). You had to pay for drinks from the bar but you pay with your room card not with cash which is much easier, our bill for 2 weeks didn't come to much. There are shows every night some were great but some were more for younger children. There was a show every week for children to get involved in, which was good. You are in the middle of mountains, so the place is very secluded, which is great. From the airport the coach ride can take up to 2 hours, which isn't great, especially as most flights arrive in the early hours, but you can get taxis, which are quicker. There are shops in the hotel but be warned, they are a rip off. Overall the place is absolutely brilliant and we are going again, which shows just how good it is! One more thing, if anyone has gone there recently, is the building work still going on?"

• Travel date: Sat 28th of May 2005

OK, but nothing special

"We went last year and were very pleased with our room, it had a good sea view, but there was no hot water for 2 days. They moved us to a larger room with no sea view but a view of the infinity pool. The beach is good. The facilities need upgrading ASAP, the lobby is awful and the spa not much better, but the Ukrainian therapist there is very good.

The buffet is good, but when it rains water is all over the resturant area!!!!

I would not pay what we did to go there again and would not recommend it to anyone. It is not a 5* nearer a 3*"

• Travel date: Sun 17th of April 2005

stressfull

"went with my young son found it very disapointing so much closed due to building work. one tip if you want to hire a car with a car seat use the hotel car hire reps not very helpfull (thomas cook). dont take lira its like a foreign curentcy hotel uses the euro or sterling. hotel prices for your everyday needs very expensive drinks extorsionate prices dont forget the vat to put on to your bill. food very good found it great first week, but alittle fed up after that as its so repetitive childrens food abit of alet down due to building work two resturants open"

• Travel date: Sat 16th of April 2005

never again

"okay theres enough good reveiws tell u about a few bad things. if you go at the start of the season you get to see all the rebuilding work going of . while we were there one swimming pool open . two resturants open.kidies club and babys kitchen not open. food very good at the resturants one shop open selling nick nacks you have to buy your provisions at the bars ie:water icecreams very expensive and dont forget to put on 18 percent vat, bar prices your paying night club rates and the night club wasnt open its ok if you want to be cut of from everything and dont mind through the nose for everything £1.50 for a litre bottle of water is alittle much most common thing broght back to the hotel on trips in 5 litre drums of water .for telephone calls back to your loved ones youve left at home theres no local call boxes hotel have got you theres a phone in your room and your paying there rates"

• Travel date: Wed 13th of April 2005

wherever your going, cancel and go here!!!

Good

"i went to lykia world with my family in april last year. apologies for the belated review.

accomadation:
spacious and comfortable. our rooms had sliding patio doors with an extra sliding fly net, so you could sleep with the gentle breeze coming in without having your door wide open!!!

beach:
beautiful beach! there is a floating raft that you can sunbathe on. i did not go in the sea as i was spoilt for choice of the 17 swimming pools!!!

pools:
the pools are kept clean and are a good temp. there are 17 swimming pools incl. an indoor and an olympic one!! most pools were in the kids paradise:

kids clubs and kids paradise:
the kids clubs were an exeptional point in our stay. they were fantastic and were always on the go!!! the even made huge pizzas and gave pieces to the tourists. they put on a childrens show at the ampitheatre. as for kids paradise it was excellent. but empty during the low season.

facilities:
the facilities were fantastic with something for everyone from skate ramps too kayaking.

this brings me to the 2 biggest highlights of our holiday:

staff:
the 'animations' are FANTASTIC!!! they put on amazing shows and are always friendly and there if you need them. one man can even speak 7 different languages fluently!!!

food:
the food was exceptional. each night was a different theme but if you have fussy children, dont worry, they have simple foods like chips and spag bol. there are taps for beer and different juices. breakfast was probably the best with waffles, crepes, different sauces and many healthy options too.

all-in-all we had a fantastic stay and would visit lykia world again!!! i hope my review helps and i could have written many more good comments but my fingers were aching!!"

• Travel date: Wed 16th of March 2005

It just gets better and better!

"My family and I have visited this hotel over 20 since 1999, and still find it impossible to beat. We have been on countless other holidays during this time also, but Lykia World is the only hotel we return to. This is because of the exceptionally high standards the hotel keeps on every level. The standard of hygiene, maintenance, quality and variety of food are truly fantastic. The staff from the gardeners right through to the management offer a warm welcome and work tirelessly to ensure every guest has a great holiday.

The sand is shingly and there are some rough stones on entry to the sea, so I would recommend sea shoes or to use the jetty. The sea is the most beautiful blue and the setting is purely stunning.

• Travel date: Thu 18th of April 2013

Fantastic - once again!

"Another FABULOUS holiday to Lykia - this is our seventh visit and we will be back again. A feeling of restorative calm washes over me once the room door closes and I look out at the amazing views and I remember why we come each year. I travel with my adult daughter (23) who is on the ASD spectrum and the warmth and care we receive gets better each year. We get welcomed as 'repeaters' with flowers, wine, fruit, toileteries, towelling robes and slippers and significant discount of the final bill (more later).
My other daughter (26) came too for one week and she was blown away by the views, facilities,swimming pools and food. She enjoyed relaxing by the pools and sea. My younger daughter spent most of her time swimming, but also enjoyed paraglidiing, the rhino boats and a gyrocopter ride.
Food was excellent again, no upset tummies - we do the sensible stuff bottled water etc. So much choice, with cooks and waiting staff always so helpful and attentive, despite the number of guests. We worked out that really only from 5.30- 7 and 9.30-11.30 there wasn't food on offer!
We stayed in the Village, the room size is excellent and bathrooms great. The decor is looking a bit tired and dated (curtains in P216 got a few moth holes!) - but you only sleep there. Looking at recent reviews, I don't get the problem - I like the architecture - it was built in the 80s and I think an amazing project - the land wasn't flattened to to fit the complex, but built to complement the contours of the land - so expect hills and enjoy getting a bit of exercise to walk off the food. TVs are small, but are really there to watch tv?
Housekeeping great - thank-you.
The grounds are immaculate and a lot of effort is bit in to make improvements each year. I think the on-going programmer with this is remarkable.
This place though once you have got you heads around the amazing complex and all the brilliant facilities is all about the staff.
It is so nice to be welcomed back, from the reception staff, guest relations to waiting staff. The Animation/entertainment team are amazing and I think the key thing is they really seem to enjoy themselves. Genghis has a great team and strives to put on a varied and different range of events from one year to the next. We don't usually do the daytime sports and entertainment by the pool preferring the quieter adults pool - but each night we LOVED the evening entertainment in the amphitheater - a mixture of in-house, children performances and outside entertainment. The dancing is fab.
Individually, Genghis, Roxy,Carrie, Cisco, Ymrie, Ulas, JJ stand-out, in fact you all do! Volkan is running a great craft programmer with lots of choices of things to do.
But, I hold a special place in my heart for the beautiful Irina. She is an amazing asset to the team, each year she comes and seeks us out and I am not sure how she does it but recalls even the sort of course my daughter is doing at college! She is genuinely interested in people and takes time to show this. A lovely lovely lady.
The ESCAPE team - what can I say. Maya and I love you. Ibo, Luca, Mehmet, Eric and Taner you make Maya's holiday. These guys are the business, they run the very professional paragliding and water sports company in Lykia. Their safety record and general professional attitude is why I will pay the difference to the prices in town. They accommodated my daughter each evening as she re-watched her dvds and made her welcome - thank-you. Special thanks to Eric and Taner - you are GREAT.
As 'Repeaters' you can carry forward loyalty points from the last 2 years, I redeemed my loyalty points and ok we aren't big on cocktails and extras but this took my bill down to just 30 tl! We didn't spend as much this year as Maya didn't go diving this year so the points won't be as much next year I .hope the Full Board plus and the 'repeaters' programmer continue next year. The all-inclusive option available is good if you are drinkers.
Thank-you once again.

• Travel date: Sun 16th of September 2012

Hotels near Liberty Hotels Lykia

Stayed at Liberty Hotels Lykia? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Liberty Hotels Lykia

• fattypatty by fattypatty

"paragliding and blue lagoon "

• samantha baxter by samantha baxter

"Do not let your children of any age or to be aware when you go into the Turkish bath nr adult pool "

• samantha baxter by samantha baxter

"The marina restuarant in the hotel "

• ANN D by ANN D

"DONT LISTEN TO PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT FOOD AND CLEANLINESS THEY MUST BE EXCEPTIONALLY PICKY "

• ANN D by ANN D

"EVERYTHING IS AMAZING YOU REALLY DO FEEL LIKE YOU DIED AND GONE TO HEAVEN "

• Lyndamc by Lyndamc

"Worth a visit, the people are great "

• StevieW by StevieW

"Very picturesque resort, with stunning scenery. "

• Davies by Davies

"Not much there, get a taxi to Oludeniz and then a cheap Dolomus to Fethiye - more going on there! "

• Davies by Davies

"Just had a lazy break at LW so did not venture out much - next time we will when we go for 2 weeks "

• Geoff Glover by Geoff Glover

"All in all a fantastic holiday that I'd recommend to anyone. "

• Geoff Glover by Geoff Glover

"Paragliding is a must "

• venice by venice

"jeep safari and dalayan river cruise to see turtles "

• Vesiloe by Vesiloe

"the shops there are great and the people are lovely! "

• Vesiloe by Vesiloe

"I loved going to see the turtals!:))) "

• B Samuels by B Samuels

"Having visited 4 times now, its obvious how much we like this place "

• she by she

"Decide for Yourselves "

• Golfing Nut by Golfing Nut

"No, I would be to embarrased if the same happened to friends. "

Liberty Hotels Lykia is also called