Karbel Sun Hotel

Belcekiz Mevki Kidrak Yolu Uzeri Üzeri, Oludeniz Turkey

Good

loved the karbel sun

"stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks in september lovley hotel staff very frendly rooms very comfy pool area lovley nothing to much trouble for the staff mehmet was very frendly resort location brilliant everything on your door step blue lagoon realy nice worth a visit about 15 mins walk from hotel food at hotel lovley cook you anything you asked for will definately stay at this hotel next year stayed in room 214"

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of October 2007

Karbel Sun Rocks

"Just got back from a 2 week stay in Oludeniz at the Karbel Sun Hotel and I just had to write a review.
Anyone thinking of staying at this fantastic Turkish Oasis really needs to stay at the Karbel Sun. The hotel is cheap, extremely clean, ridiculously friendly and far superior to it's sister hotel next door (Karbel). I've never felt so welcome in any of the hotels I've stayed in around the world than the Karbel Sun, from the Manager Mehmet via the barstaff and waiters straight down to the reception staff, grounds keeper (George Clooney looky-likey... honestly) and cleaners, everyone took the time to say hello and make sure everything you needed was there for you. Ali and Fahti were the two restaurant staff that just kept us laughing and learning Turkish throughout our stay and the room cleaner was an absolute star, even leaving your new towels arranged in ever-changing decorative displays on your bed when you arrived back after a day of exploring. Top hotel with a nice, quiet and relaxing atmosphere with fantastic food thrown in for good measure.
As for Oludeniz.... what can I say.... extra friendly, beautiful beaches, great backdrop of corralled mountainous splendour and great, healthy portioned foody places aplenty.
Can say anymore except use Sky Sports for Paragliding, take the 12 island boat trip from Fethiya (20 mins away on a bus), get a Turkish bath/massage/shave (early on as it will scrub out your tan if done too late) and get to the beach late on a night, grab a bean bag and beer, order a melon water pipe and lay back in the warm evening air and watch the stars float by with a big grin on your face safe in the knowledge you picked a great place to visit.
Top Banana :0]"

• Travel date: Wed 26th of September 2007

Absolutely Fantastic

"If you want looking after, this is the hotel for you. Not to be Confused with the Hotel Karbel, next door, which is larger and not as friendly. Five out of a party of six stayed here, we found this much better. It speaks for itself when we were nealy the only ones there that hadn't been to this hotel at least once before. Most had been at least three or four time previously. The hotel staff cannot do enough for you (this was even before we had tipped them) We soon got to know them they were so friendly, always up for fun and didn't mind having a joke with you. The rooms were quite basic but again the maids really kept them very clean. In fact the whole place was spotless. No Money changed hands with any of the staff they used a credit system where you paid at reception. We thought this a good idea, but remember it would be best to pay on a regular basis (we paid after each evening session) If oyu left it till the end of your holiday it could come as quite a shock.
The resot itself was beautiful. Although only one main street, which was just for pedestrians, there were plent of restaurants and bars. We ate out each night at a different place.
We did three trips during a two week stay, Would recomend two out of three, the Dalyan and Mud Baths and Jeep Safari. The Boat trip we thought was boring, but having said that we got the three trips for two. So we didn't mind .
We think this is a fanatic resort made especially nice because of the hotel staff. We would deffiately come again and stay at the same hotel. ps if oyu got on Jeep Safari take loads and loads of sweets.... you will know why !!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 21st of September 2007

what a place

"we have just returned home after 2 wonderful weeks in olu deniz.the hotel karbel sun was a great little place to stay,from the reception staff to the girl who cleaned your room,they couldn't do enough for you.the pool area was the main focus at the hotel,we met really nice people there where Mehmet and his staff kept us all fed and watered.the resort is just terrific with its variety of bars and restaurants.the tequila bar is brilliant with a great selection of music don't miss it,buzz bar is a great chill bar at the end of a hard day's sunbathing.for us the best restaurant was La Mare the best food i've had on holiday we cant reccomend it enough.joy restaurant was very good also.I did the paragliding and was amazing,if you are going to do it shop around as the price varies,the same with the jeep safari (another great day out) i could go on and on about how good olu deniz is but really the best way to find out is to go there and i promise you won't be disappointed.we had a fantastic time."

• Travel date: Sat 8th of September 2007

Absolutely Amazing!!

"We've just come back from a one week holiday in Olu Deniz and have felt compelled to comment on the Karbel Sun Hotel where we stayed. Not to be confused with the adjacent Karbel Hotel (families) or Karbel Beach (singles) this hotel caters for couples wanting to enjoy the beautiful Turkish coast without the throbbing music and cheap tackiness often associated with an English orientated resort.

Well located at the top of the main avenue to the beach - it's close to all the bars and restaurants as well as the beach and "blue lagoon" but far enough away for it to be a peaceful retreat if you want to avoid the crowds. There's a taxi firm across the road and Dolmuses stop at the bottom of the street for trips to nearby Hisaronu, Ovacik and Fethiye for a quid each way.

The rooms are basic but have excellent air conditioning which was great as we went during a heatwave, and the friendly and knowlegable staff can not do enough for you. Even though breakfast is basic the evening menu is excellent and the chef's whip up English, European and traditional Turkish dishes with relative ease. As a caterer myself I was impressed at the choice and value for money. Set menus of four courses were £10-12 and included expensive cuts including t-bones and sea bass.

In all I rate this hotel very highly - a must is the Sunday Turkish night dinner with traditional folk and belly dancing."

• Travel date: Fri 6th of July 2007

Good Value

"We booked our holiday through TravelRepublic and have just returned from a fantastic holiday. The hotel was basic but as we only use it for sleeping and showering it was enough for us. The hotel is very very clean and the staff are very friendly. As we went out of the school holidays there were very few children about and it's a very good base to see Oludeniz. The hotel is a short walk from the beach and because of this there was no noise at night. The sheets and bath towels very changed every few days and as i say it was cleaned thoroughly. If you stay in Oludeniz I recommend the Help Beach Lounge and the Tequila Bar. In Hisaronu I would also recommend Alex's cocktail bar and Black and White's Restaurant, the bread they serve is worth the night out."

• Travel date: Fri 18th of May 2007

Just OK but watch for the Kids !!

"We have stayed in Olu Deniz / Hisaronu area many times, usually at the top of the hill in Hisaronu, so we decided to have a quick break at the Karbel.

First impressions are OK with reception nice and friendly. Our rooms were also OK, not great, just OK by Turkey standards. Air conditioning worked OK so at least we did not sweat buckets !

We stayed for a week B&B, to be honest we only made breakfast twice. We travel as a couple (mid 30's) with no kids, regrettably we choose school holidays !! The breakfast experience was akin that of butlins from my younger days ! Not a great place to be.

Things did not improve around the pool - too many kids and too little space. No place for a couple of folks wanting peace of quiet. You will gather we did not stay in the hotel for an evening meal.

To be honest the hotel was OK, but for a couple with no kids school holidays proved a painful experience. For families wanting to loose the kids for a couple of days I imagine it would be great.

As for the resort, Olu Deniz is a firm favourite with an excellent atmosphere and ambiance. It has a laid back feeling, where life is a bit chilled out. I believe it was one of the places on the hippy trail and I can see why !! Olu is well placed to ge about using the Dolmus (local buses) with Hisaronu 10 mins away, Fethiye 30 mins away and the ghost village of KayaKoy about 15 mins away. I am sure you can find out about these places on here without me repeating things. I go back every year, although compared to 12 years ago when I first went to Hisaronu, it is now completely unrecognisable and just too load and lairy !

For those who like a treat, the White Dolphin restaurant in Olu is probably the best fish restaurant on the coast - with prices reflecting this it has to be said. Well worth the treat though !!!

Happy to answer questions, but the fetyhiye forum on here is excellent with contributors from local people.

Have fun
Lee"

• Travel date: Tue 13th of February 2007

Fine for a cheapie

Good

"My boyfriend and I have just returned from a week at the Karbel Sun Hotel in Olu Deniz, 8th - 16th October.

The hotel itself was fine, pretty much what I would expect for the price that we paid, however there was loud music paid until late at night, which does suck a bit if you just want to go to sleep, the other downside was that you were not allowed to bring food in from the outside so any time we wanted to take back munchies and water we had to hide it in my handbag!!

The card system is a little bit rubbish as you have to keep remembering to pay it off or you owe loads at the end of the week!

The rooms were nice, clean and newly decorated, I had booked through vision and requested a double room with a balcony but ended up with a twin and a terrace, luckily I took my booking form with me so I got moved to a much nicer room, but still got lumbered with twin beds - joy!

The pool area was nice and clean - however the caliber of my fellow hotel geusts was pretty low so we didnt spend much time there - the beach is so beautiful and the water is so clear in Olu Deniz that you would require a negative IQ to want to sit around the pool all day playing pool and drinking Effes until you cannot talk any more ( which is what a lot of the people staying there did all day!)

Breakfast is Turkish, bread, jam and cheese etc, but you can get cereal or scrambled eggs etc if you pay extra!

The resort of Olu Deniz is lovely and the people are really friendly, the best places to eat out in our opinion were Help! Buzz, and cloud 9 and the best bars by far were tequila bar, Buzz and Help ( if you like nice places to drink and eat that dont serve all english food while you watch premiership football!)

No matter what people say Turkey is still a hell of a lot cheaper than europe!

Anyway Olu Deniz is lovely, and we are definately going next year, but we will not be going back to the Karbel sun!!"

• Travel date: Thu 19th of October 2006

tired and lacked atmosphere

"My husband and I stayed at the karbel sun 18th sept to 3rd oct. the rooms were tiny but clean. there was no charge for air con which was a bonus, and very much needed as it was extremely hot. The hotel grounds are tired and colourless. The area around the pool was also very dated. The hotel staff hardly spoke to us unless we spoke to them first. The breakfast was not worth having, boiled egg, olives, cucumber, feta cheese, it looked very unappealing and there was only a few people in the dining hall. The card system is a good idea, but keep an eye on your bill as someone elses drinks were put on our tab, luckily the waiter remembered that we had'nt been at the bar for the last 2 days.
Olu Deniz is a beautiful resort this was our second visit this year. We will be going back next year but definately not to the karbel sun. Our friends who came for a week said they had never stayed at such a depressing place. There are many lovely hotels
in olu but this was'nt one of them. There was also very loud music playing late at night which went on till midnight and beyond. so if you did want an early night maybe after you'd been on a trip and wanted to go to bed about 11 o clock it was pointless. Enjoy olu it is a beautiful place but give the karbel sun a miss, there are much better places to stay."

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of October 2006

Great friendly hotel

"I have just returned from a week in Yurkey. As this was my first time to Turkey I didnt know what to expect. The Karbel Sun was a great Hotel full of friendly staff. As a single traveller I never felt ignored as has been known to happen in other hotels. The room are quite compact but are very clean and set just far enough away from the pool to be peaceful. The breakfast is limited but I would recommend staying for dinner especially the fish. The card payment idea is good but it does add up very quickly so pay it off regularly if you dont want to get a shock.

The resort of Olu Deniz is small and compact with a quiet low key night life. As in all resorts you will get some hassle from people trying to get you into restaurants and bars but this is to be expected.

I would not recommend this hotel or resort for young groups but for couples, single travellers and people looking for a good quiet holiday it is a definite must."

• Travel date: Fri 29th of September 2006

Awesome holiday

"First time in olu deniz it was fantastic, weather was hot hot hot the surroundings are perfect. A basic room but what else do you need comfy bed great shower. Hotel staff where great food was good but there is many places that do great food. Took a trip to turtle beach and the mud bathes FANTASTIC great day out and if you are lucky you might even see a turtle (we did awesome sight by the way). Would go back without a doubt loved it"

• Travel date: Sun 4th of September 2011

We will be back.

"This is the second year we have stayed here and find it hard to believe anyone can be negative about it.
An ideal location.
Friendly and helpfull staff.
Excellent room service.
Gardens and pool immaculate.
Asked for extra pillows,a sheet and even soap, and all were there within an hour.
What more could you ask for when you are paying a low price."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of August 2011

Hotels near Karbel Sun Hotel

Stayed at Karbel Sun Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Karbel Sun Hotel

• pottermiss25 by pottermiss25

"the place to go, if you want a nice quiet, chilled out hoilday. "

• pottermiss25 by pottermiss25

"the boat trips from the beach. "

• ravens by ravens

"Great beach and good choice of places to eat "

• suefree by suefree

"One of the best parts of Turkey to go to and so pretty, set between the mountains. "

• paula by paula

"Avoid the Karbel Sun Hotel "

• topcats by topcats

"Very English resort and loud music at times from nearby bars "

• Ru by Ru

"sit and watch the world go bye at cloud 9, but watch out for the para gliders "

Karbel Sun Hotel is also called