Karbel Beach Hotel

Belcegiz Mevkii, Oludeniz 48300 Turkey

Well Worth Booking!

"ACCOMODATION/ROOM: A very friendly hotel. The front desk staff have a good knowledge of English and were helpful at all times. You could exchange money at the front desk too which made life easier. The pool was of a reasonable size and clean. The room was air conditioned with a TV, mini fridge, sofa, dressing table, en-suite shower etc and always clean. My advice would be to take your own mini-speakers - great for when you’re getting ready to go out! The bed was a nightmare in Room 112. It makes a lot of noise with only minimal movement, so don’t get too ambitious!!! The staff seemed concerned of our complaint but still did not manage to replace the bed or get us changed to another room over our 7 night stay. The towels were changed every two days so bring your own or be prepared to pay for washing if that’s not to your standard. If you require a safe, you will have to pay £1/day and your belongings will be secure in the hotel reception. I would recommend the pizza’s at the poolside bar.

LOCATION: Excellent. You are within a 1 minute walk of the beach and sea-front restaurants. The busy “high street” is two minutes walk away. The Blue Lagoon is a 15 minute’s walk away. You can catch a Dolmus within a five minute walk.

FOOD & DRINK: We tried a different restaurant every lunch time and evening. There is only one place worth visiting for dinner is CAPTAIN HOOK’s. Don’t let the name put you off, it is simply the best for quality, atmosphere and value. Try everything, it’s not just sea food. I took my wife there for her birthday-recommended for romance too! Despite some of the reviews I read before going, Club Belcekiz Beach Hotel Restaurant was awful. We had Indian curry which was cooked only with tomato puree. We also heard another couple complaining about their Italian food. If anything, pop over JUST for a chocolate soufflé. For lunch, Sun City was the best. Smoothies at the Help Bar were quite simply, gorgeous.

TRIPS & TOURS: There are lots of tour companies out there and they all have something to say to entice you. One other thing - they ALL know your area in England, so be creative, come up with something they’ve not heard of before! We have to recommend going quad biking, the Dalyan tour, 12 island tour and hiring a speed boat for a private spin! We booked all these through Philip of Easy Riders.

OTHER/TIPS: Olu Deniz is a lovely place but don’t be fooled by the clear blue water photos taken of the Blue Lagoon in brochures. It does not look like that at eye level! You have to visit Al Pachino’s Barbers. It’s a thirty second walk to the left of the hotel (it’ll make sense when you get there, Olu Deniz is a small place). This guy will give you the best Turkish shave for 8TL. I recommend you visit this guy every two days to look good for your holiday snaps. A Dolmus is the cheapest way to get to nearby Hisaronu and Fethiye. The Fethiye market on Tuesday’s is worth a visit for half a day but if you know you’re designer garments, you won’t buy a single thing as the sizes are completely off! Otherwise, a fun morning out to pick up some cheap garments. Opposite the “Hippy Shake” is a lovely boutique-style Turkish Delight shop. Don’t pick up cheap stuff from newsagents; the quality of this place is well worth the extra quid or two. Get ready to buy some gold and diamonds! It’s a big export and when you get there and see the designs, you’ll see why. Make sure you know how much things cost here so you know how good a deal you’re really getting! It is essential to enjoy a flavoured “hubble bubble” AKA a sheesha pipe on the sand whilst seated on a comfy bean bag (even if you’re not a smoker)! One thing which we found amazing was that you don’t really need to take much Turkish currency at all. Maybe £50’s worth? After that, the Turks know the Queen’s face better than us!"

• Travel date: Fri 13th of July 2007

What fantastic memories!!

Good

"Not long been back from a fantastic holiday! stayed at the Karbel Beach Pension Hotel< (not karbel beach hotel) I can honestly say i do not have a bad word to say about this destination, Stayed with my boyfriend and my parents, we were practically on the beach but away from the main busy 'strip' of bars/shops. Would definately recommend a 'frappe' (iced coffee) at the help bar! (little bits of cholcolate!! mmm!)The hotel was great, very basic, with air con and mini fridge, beds were surprisingly comfy!! cleaners were good, they changed the sheets and towels each day and left a different shape with the sheets for us to come back to which was a nice surprise. Only problem was me and my boyfriend tried to keep the balcony door shut to aviod 'MOZZIES!' but the cleaner opened it every day, and left it open until we came back! Which meant we were up half the night chasing the mozzies rould the room! so if you dont want this....hide the key!!!! I recommend the bar next to 'FCUK BARBER SHOP' yeah... you read it right!! cant remember the name of it but the food is fantastic so is the company, 'nice boy simon' is great! kinda peter andre lookalike! but abit hotter!! and his brother, kevin! he was a right laugh! with his tortoise!!! real i may add! If you have a day take the 'dolmus' (taxi) into fethiye to the market thats a real experience! only £1.20 single fare. its a real day out, prepare to haggle! and get all you need. one place in olu deniz i would definately not recomend is 'Kumsal pide ve resturant, the turks eat there its definatly not for us tourists! DO NOT EAT THERE! my boyfriends chicken was cold in the middle! I ended up arguing with the manager which ruined my night. This is next to BHS, bridgets home store, who is a british women who works out there. But for anybody who is thinking of going to Olu Deniz, i highly recommend it, and to anyone who has booked....i'm so jelous!! I'll definately be going back there some time xx"

• Travel date: Mon 25th of September 2006

Love Shack!!!

"Hi, here is a little description, me and my fiance joe have stayed here now for the past 3 years and its beautiful and the rooms are very clean and the hotel is quiet too, you dont hear all the loud music still god nos what time in a morning its so peacefull...and the people you get to talk to round the pool are all very nice too. we are staying at the Oyester Hotel next year because we are getting married on the Blue Lagoon 25th Sept 2007. i could live out here is amazing....you will enjoy your stay where ever you are.x thanks clare.x"

• Travel date: Wed 30th of August 2006

What a really nice hotel

"My family have just returned from the Karbel Beach Hotel Olu Deniz. What a fantastic holiday we had, the hotel and pool were both lovely and clean. The staff are all very helpful and very friendly from the recepionist right down to the cleaner, Merek was sweet, althought she spoke little english she tried. Ozzy, James and Ali were great blokes.

The shopping in Olu Deniz is limited to one main street but that did not bother us at all, because all the shops were great. I highly recommend Macri Jewellers, Harkan is great and will help you decide what you want without hassle. The jewellery is the best I have seen and the diamonds are out of this world.

One of the best places to eat is the Hippyshake, we ate there 12 nights out of 14, The sizzling Chicken is the best. The food is great, and plenty of it. Bill and Casanova are the best blokes in Olu Deniz.. Chef is something special to, my daughter loved him.

One the down side, I would advise anyone NEVER EVER book any trips with BLOODY GORGEOUS, from Metrolya. He says what he wants to get a trip booked, for example, we booked a trip, 12 islands cruise, we were told that the food was good english food, there would be lots of english people on the trip, there were 3 english people, my husband, me and my daughter, everyone else was German, the food was not english, spicy chicken and spicy potatoes."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of August 2006

Absolutely FANTASTIC!!!!!!

"In a word - Wonderful!

My partner and i stayed at the Karbel Beach Hotel for the first two weeks in July 06 and we loved every minute of our holiday. The hotel was perfect. Very clean and well maintained. Cleaners were very good and made our very messy room very nice! The flowers on the bed looked so nice. Hotel staff were SO good, Ali G, Ozzy and James were the barstaff and they made our stay very eventful. Especially when they got the manager into the pool 'fully clothed'!!! I recommend the BBQ night as it was very good value for money and very good fun!

Recommend Help Bar for lunch! Very nice pizzas and burgers. The Italian, Thai and Indian on the beach front was fantastic. Seabass and Cheescake is fantastic! The chinese on the beach front upstairs was really nice, as was Bella Gusta!

Karbel Beach Hotel is small but very nice and i would highly recommend staying there! I do not have a bad word to say about the hotel!

Will definately bo going back..!!"

• Travel date: Tue 1st of August 2006

Loved the Karbel Beach Hotel

"My partner and i have just returned from a week's stay on BB basis at this hotel. The hotel itself is small, friendly and clean with excellent staff. The food served here is also very nice and prepared fresh to order, breakfast is simple and continental in style. The hotel also holds it's own Turkish BBQ night, which is well worth attending as it is lots of fun and great value for money. The resort of Olu Deniz is lovely with a wide range of shops, bars and restaurants. For some excellent food we recommend you check out Help beach bar (their cocktail list is pretty cool!), Hotel Belcekiz Beach is also fantastic to eat at, and very cheap considering it is a 4 star hotel. They have 3 seperate menus which are Thai, Italian and Indian, their deserts are also gorgeous and we can personally recommed the chocolate soufle and creme brulee!! The beach and lagoon are both beautiful, and at night you can sit on the main beach on comfy bean bags drinking till the early hours. Overall we would definitely love to go back to Olu Deniz and the Karbel Beach hotel, but next time we will save up and have a go at paragliding."

• Travel date: Tue 11th of July 2006

Lovely little hotel ın central location

Good

"Still staying at this cute little hotel as İ write now! Will definately be back at some point ın my life for sure. Olu Deniz is a stunning resort set in a valley amongst two large mountains one of which ıs Babadag whıch my fiance and İ have just jumped off with a parachute attached to our backs! This ıs Paragliding-a very popular sport here ın Olu Deniz and İ must say that İ hıghly recommend it but İ strongly advise you scout around for the best prıces prior to bookıng your 'flight' with a fully trained instructor.
As for the Karbel Beach-what a lovely if a little basıc hotel! The rooms are scrupulously clean and maintained daily by the two cleaners and come with complimentary minifridge and air conditioning. The pool is clean wıth (praise the Lord!) padded sunloungers surrounding for additional hours of comfortable hardcore sunbathing ın the intense heat.
Breakfasts are surprisıngly good for Turkish sandards. You can expect fresh bread boıled eggs cheese salami melon cake fruit juice tea and coffee jam margarine and honey ın a typıcal daily breakfast here. Breakfast tımes are 0800-1000.
Avoıd the food ın the evening though as we did not feel thıs presented good value for money at all. However for snacks by the pool throughout the day you can expect a wıde choice rangıng from sandwiches to pızzas.
For food and drinks the hotel has a swipe card policy which allows you to pay your bill at the end of your holiday. Ensure you keep your receipts as it does add up quıte rapidly! We decided to pay at the end of each week we stayed at the hotel ın order to keep ahead of what we are spending.
For those of you who are lıght sleepers please be warned that the rooms are not really protected from general noise here. Although to be fair the hotel ıs situated on a quiet road close to the beach and the only disturbance you will receive here is from the pool bar from around 1030 until around 2400 or whenever the last paying customer leaves and the musıc/tv ıs switched off. Highly annoying if you like an afternoon nap and the odd early night like we do! However İ would say that this ıs a minor hitch here and not something to worry about at all.
The bar staff are lovely chaps-expect to make some friends!
One last thing-DO NOT FORGET THE MOZZÄ°E REPELLANT! Nuisances!"

• Travel date: Thu 29th of June 2006

Beautiful Little Hotel

"The Karbel Beach is a very well looked after little hotel. The rooms have been recently refurbished to an excellent standard. They remain relatively simple as is the norm in Turkey but have air conditioning, a small fridge, televison, plenty of storage space and a shower cubicle!

Thouroughly enjoyed my week staying at this hotel in May, the staff were very friendly, the pool area was very relaxing, the rooms were kept spotlessly clean.

The Karbel Beach is a very short walk to the beach, bars and restaurants."

• Travel date: Tue 20th of June 2006

Highly recomended!

"myself and 2 friends stayed at the Karbel beach hotel for the 3rd year running this year.In my opinion the service you receive cannot be beaten,both the staff and management simply cannot do enough for you.
The rooms are basic but immaculately clean and the pool area is spotless.
The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the beach and a 2 minute walk from the main restaurants,bars and shops, Perfect for 3 ladies escaping their husbands.
We had a wonderful time again this year and I am looking forward to my return visit already in September this year.
I also recomended Oludeniz as a resort to a client of mine, he went in July and just like me will be going back !
OluDeniz is a must if you enjoy beautiful scenary, clear Blue skies, a relaxing atmosphere,excellent value for money and the most hospitable people around.....
I would Highly recomend a visit....!"

• Travel date: Tue 13th of September 2005

lovely hotel

Good

"my husband and myself have just returned from hotel karbel in olu deniz turkey on the 3 june , this hotel has lovely garden surrondings, rooms are very small, basic but very clean, balconys are small can only fit 2 small patio chairs and there are no patio tables. There are no kettles in room, or any kitchen equipment, to buy a kettle is very hard over there, hotel dosnt rent them so i would advise to take your own if you like a cuppa like we do, there are no kitchen utensils either.
Entertainment is very good, there is a barbeque night, which is well worth going to, food is good and lots of it, price for this is roughly £8.50 per person. As we were b b the breakfast was not very english orientated, they do have scrambled egg on one morning and omlettes on another, but we basicly had boiled egg toast and a muisli cereal every day but after 10 ten days of this it got boring.If like us u r b b you can have a evening meal which is about £9 per person, allthough we chose not to the diining room was allways full and food did look good, and you can keep going up and getting more food, but this price does not include drinks.
The hotel operates payment on card system each time you buy food drinks they take details on your card and then you pay the bill at reception when u want to either when u r due to go home on on a daily basis or whatever suits, but be warned you dont realise how much u spend so we did ours on a daily basis and allways keep reciepts as there were quite few mistakes bieng made.
The staff were very good and went out of there way to help you.
The pool area is very spacious and clean, the only down side we found was drinks were served in glasses not very practical if u have little ones as there quite a few breakages, the staff did clean up breakages straight away though.
There is a hotle next door called Karbel sun sister hotel to this one and u can use their facilities as well.The beach is a short stroll away, with plenty of shops resturants on the way. On the sea front there is one resturant called sugar and spice there food was the best around well so we thought, we came to this area last year and couldnt believe how prices have gone up, u can expect to pay around £10 per person for a dinner and pudding, thats not with drinks compared to last year when it was roughly £6, but do shop around as u can end up paying much more that this.
By the sugar and spice resturant there is a place called easy riders this is one place were u can book trips, but my advise is Dont we booked a couple of trips with these , the one trip they didnt even turn up so we did get our money though, another trip should have took us 3 hours to get there it took us 5 half the guide and driver got completely lost, to make matters worse we should have been on a coach but apparantly that broke down and we ended up on a clapt out old mini bus that was very small, and having talked to other people this was a regular thing with this company, so be warned.
Having said all this olu deniz is a very beautifull place, and all the people are so friendly, we would definatly return.
hope this has been of some use to readers and if u have booked with this hotel im sure u will enjoy every minute."

• Travel date: Sat 4th of June 2005

not going back

"we booked to go to the karbel and got told 1 week before they had overbooked ( which we now believe they do all the time to get the karbel beach hotel booked up too )
we knew of 4 other party's in that 2 weeks that had booked to stay at the karbel an had been told they could'nt.
staff miserable, not friendly or helpful.
breakfast not worth getting up for, food just terrible, no choice, no vegetarian dishes, very quiet,no entertainment, we had 2 teenagers they were bored when we were in the hotel.
the best place to go there is the enjoy karaoke bar, food great, friendly staff, entertainment fantastic, really good night!! recomended.
as for the hotel we will not be going back there!"

• Travel date: Mon 16th of August 2010

average hotel

"Block 1 rooms have not been refurbished yet. They are very very very basic. The maids know how to get a good tip, they sculpture your towels and leave fresh flower arrangements on your bed once of twice during your stay. However, had I known that they had swiped my two new beach towels on our last day, which were hanging up to dry at the pool and thankfully a guest saw them taking them I would not have tipped them at all. The staff in the dining room are really nice and can't do enough for you. The food is a bit boring after the first week, infact it is not too good atall. Across the road is the Blue Star hotel which has fantastic food and if I return to Olu Deniz again, I would probably stay there instead. Be prepared to be ripped off at Dalyan Airport, a small bottle of water is 11 times more than it is in the resort. Although this report sounds negative, we did enjoy our holiday and think that Olu Deniz is a gorgeous little resort and the Turkish people are very friendly."

• Travel date: Mon 19th of July 2010

Hotels near Karbel Beach Hotel

Stayed at Karbel Beach Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Karbel Beach Hotel

• pullin by pullin

"fantastic beach, but really expensive "

• pullin by pullin

"boat trip to butterfly beach "

• gem_gems2001 by gem_gems2001

"Paragliding, jeep safari, dalyan boat trip "

• lalalalam by lalalalam

"An outstandingly beautiful resort that I would love to go back to! "

• lalalalam by lalalalam

"Buzz Beach Bar and Hotel Blue Star serve gorgeous food at great prices "

• BUBBLYBUM by BUBBLYBUM

"olu deniz is full of things to do .never a dull moment "

• BUBBLYBUM by BUBBLYBUM

"the buzz bar is great food fantastic . the anforra freat food and staff . go to fethiye "

Karbel Beach Hotel is also called