Forever Hotel

92. Sokak, Hane No:10, Ovacik, Oludeniz 48340 Turkey

Simply Turkey

Good

"I am a single female traveler and was anxious about this holiday.However, the staff at Forever, made me feel comfortable and were like my extended family. The food here is excellent as is the cleanliness and comfort. there is a small swimming pool however, with only 20 guest at any time it is more than adequate. all staff work exceptionally hard to make your stay a welcome one. Forever, is in the hills so ensure tat you take your walking shoes. Ty, the Solo representative, is very supportive and will ensure your stay is a good one. There are local excursions from the hotel (via Ty). You must try the 12 island boat tour and you must have a Turkish bath. currency is TL but they will accept sterling in most shops."

• Travel date: Sat 7th of August 2010

The best place ever

"Having just spent two weeks at this hotel, I have got to say that is was fantastic. The hotel is incredibly clean, the gardens are beautifully kept and the food was lovely. It was like being home from home and the family that run the hotel make you feel very welcome. Nothing is too much trouble. I can not wait to return to this hotel because I had the time of my life so thank you to Baz , Aysel and the rest of the Family. I will see you all soon."

• Travel date: Sun 11th of July 2010

Forever - Being nosey!!!

"We stayed at the Forever Hotel July 2009, we were welcomed early hours of the morning and had our cases taken to our room by a nice tall man. Rooms very small but adequate for what you need them for.
Cleanliness- Rooms cleaned every day and fresh towels given.
Location - About 15-20min walk to Hisaronu centre and 10TL back in a taxi, also out of the way with the hustle and bustle too.
Food - This was a let down to be honest as we stayed half board, you didnt get a choice really, so if your a fussy eater and don't like what Rose(owner) gave you, you were pretty much stuffed and we ended up eating out on a few occasions.
Staff - Although the cleaners were great and rooms were clean, whenever you exited the grounds you were questioned where you are going and when you come back they want to know where you have been, the owner Rose didn't like the fact that we wanted to explore and pretty much wanted us to stay and spend our money there at the hotel, they also did prey on our personal life abit too much which I don't come on holiday to explain to hotel staff my life story.
I know I have moaned abit but overall Ovacik and Hisaronu was a lovely resort as the locals cannot do enough for the tourists, very Friendly people.
With that said we are now on our 4th Turkey holiday in 1 year, if you want a holiday of relaxation and chilling this is your place but also with plenty to do if you get bored of sunbathing!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 18th of June 2010

The best holiday I have ever had!!!

"Having booked to stay at this hotel as a solo traveller, my initial concerns given the size were swept away on arrival. We were greeted by Rose & Bahri who quickly made me feel like part of the family.
This hotel is now exclusive to solo travellers which adds to its appeal. No children drive bombing into the pool or fighting for sun loungers. The family that own and run this hotel have created a little piece of paradise hidden away in a stunning location.
Leaving the hotel on my last day was one of the hardest things I have had to do this year as it felt like home. I have arrived back in the UK and already booked to return at the end of the season.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone considering a trip to Ovacik."

• Travel date: Sun 13th of June 2010

Excellent value

Good

"I went on a solos trip in May 2010. It is marketed as a 2 star hotel so my expectations were low. I need not have worried, the sisters who run the hotel are friendly, the drinks the same price as in town and the food truly superb. The rooms are simple and clean but I would recommend paying an extra few pounds or lira for a balcony room as they are more spacious. The main town of Hisaronu is 10-15 minutes walk away with a plethora of bars and restaurants if you want something more lively. If all you want to do in the day is chill out by the pool the Forever hotel is perfect for it's tranquility."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of June 2010

forever - NEVER FOREVER AGAIN

"all started o.k, nice food, good portions, good sized 'shorts' (drinks) very friendly owners etc BUT be ware if you don't spend all your time and money there things change very very quickly to not speaking to you, watered down drinks and small portions etc...when we go on holiday we always buy a bottle of brandy at the airport to have a nightcap on our balcony 'in private' when the maid cleaned our room she saw the bottle and reported it to the owner who left a note in our room to say this was forbidden and all drinks MUST b purchased at their bar..which would be quite difficult as it was usually shut at 4 in the morning..we also got told off buying a bottle of water at the shop which was half the price than their bar.. we always bought at their bar when we were around the pool so don't know what the problem was...it was their loss as once this happened we didn't eat or drink there again so for the sake of a nightcap each day and a bottle of water to drink during the night they lost out on us spend a good £400 at the bar and restaurant for the rest of the holiday...also watch you bar bills as we were over charged twice for drinks that I don't even like let alone buy...PAY AS YOU GO and you can't go wrong"

• Travel date: Tue 6th of April 2010

Wonderful Hotel

"We stayed at this hotel for 11 nights and it was great. The owners and staff were excellent, really made the holiday enjoyable along with the other guests that were there at the same time. It was a lovely place to chill out and relax but if you wanted more life a 10/15 minute walk took you into Hisaronu, where there were many bars, restaurants and shops. For us this was like Blackpool so if this is what you are looking for then that is the place to visit. We preferred the quieter ambience of the hotel. Gardens were kept immaculate and very pretty.

Food was cooked fresh to order and was reasonably priced as were the beverages / alcohol. Would definitely stay again if visiting the area."

• Travel date: Thu 1st of October 2009

Staff good fun, kind and considerate of their guests, food excellent, hotel spotless, good location.

"The staff at the Forever Hotel were very accommodating and helped to make our first trip to Turkey a very enjoyable experience. We would definately go back.
Jen & Mark from Manchester Sept 2009"

• Travel date: Tue 15th of September 2009

Wonderful hotel made our holiday!

"The Forever Hotel, Ovacik, provided us with a comfortable, relaxed, clean and enjoyable base for our first holiday to the area. One of our main concerns when deciding on a hotel was the quality of the food, as we had planned to go half board in an attempt to save money. As we were intending on a two week stay, we placed much emphasis on this, concerned that meals would be basic, repeated and of a low standard. Thankfully the food at the Forever Holiday could not be described as any of those! It was exactly what we were looking for, providing us each night with a delicious three course meal. The food is always fresh and you can often get a glimpse of the hard work put in by the staff as they prepare the ingredients in the spotless kitchen. The portion size is generous, highlighted by our surprise when receiving our main course during our first dinner – we assumed the starter was our main meal because of its size! Be aware, however, that you do not get a choice of meals when going half board, but we found that the mix of traditional Turkish and Western meals (not as one meal!) were of a higher standard than elsewhere in Hisaronu, and therefore would certainly recommend the half board option. Additionally, the breakfast is traditional and consistent; feta cheese, watermelon, bread and honey etc. There are enjoyable snacks and lighter meals available throughout the day, most of which are of a competitive value, and good quality.

Although there are many excursions available in the area, we decided to forgo these opportunities in favour of a more relaxing holiday, and for this we would need sun, a selection of books, and a swimming pool. Therefore, we were extremely happy with the pool area at the hotel, which was quiet and clean. The cushioned sunbeds were always available, and offered great sunbathing. The pool is of a reasonable size, especially in comparison to other hotels we noticed in the area, and suitable for those wishing to lie back on a lilo or those wishing to swim some lengths. The breeze offered by the hotel’s location is fantastic and is even more appreciated after walking and exploring during the midday heat in Hisoronu. The hotel’s garden is a great feature and is beautifully kept. This also allows for different seating and a chance to move away from the pool area (and the girlfriend!) from time to time. The pool and gardens both look lovely lit up at night, and there is no better place to have a relaxing beer than on one of the hammocks.

The rooms at the hotel are probably on the basic side, but comfortable and reasonably sized. Air-conditioning is available at an additional cost of around £3 per day, and the majority of rooms have a balcony. I would recommend asking for a balcony, but do not let this put you off if there is not any available. The maid is lovely and ensures that your room is always thoroughly cleaned.

The hotel’s location provides a beautiful view of the sunset and mountains. It is a short walk to Ovacik, with its strip of bars, barbers and newsagents. A 10-15 minute walk will take you Hisoronu, but there are also buses available. The walk is pleasant though and provides you with a good chance to take a sneaky look into other hotels!
The staff at the hotel are absolutely lovely, and work so hard to ensure you enjoy your holiday. In contrast to one review, I found that the staff never once placed pressure on ourselves or other guests to stay at the hotel in the evenings. We always got a nice wave and goodbye when heading out for drinks, but we would often end up back at the hotel for a late night beer or cocktail just because of the hotel’s bar and gardens. Basically, the staff are there to chat to, have a laugh with, and ask advice, but they never impose.

It appears that many guests return to the Forever Hotel, and I would like to think that I will be one of them."

• Travel date: Sun 30th of August 2009

The staff and guests at Forever Hotel, Ovacik made our holiday very special.

"The staff at this hotel are second to none; they are amongst the friendliest, most helpful people I have come across. The service we received was exceptional and it was this which without doubt made our holiday so fantastic. I felt I could sit at the poolside bar at anytime of the day with Barry, Fiona and Rose and chat as though they were old friends. Because it is a small family run hotel, you soon get to know most peope staying there and we had an absolute ball. It does not allow children and therefore attracts couples on the whole. It has the most beautiful gardens with sculpture-like hammocks and a small pool with plenty of beds which get the sun all day. The upper rooms are very large, though the lower ones are smaller and are cleaned every other day.
The hotel is well placed in Ovacik, 5 minutes walk to Hisaronu with its wealth of bars and restaurants but also on the bus route to Olu Deniz and Fethiye if you want something a bit quieter. It has wonderful mountain scenery and gets the mountain breeze. There's lots of excursions locally available very cheaply. Barry booked our for us, so we didn't even need to leave the poolside in our first few days! They also have free internet available.
I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. It is faily typical of what you can expect of Turkey in terms of the accommodation but outstanding in terms of the service and hospitality. Whilst we were there many old guests popped in to see them all, greeting them like old friends, which just about says it all!"

• Travel date: Thu 13th of August 2009

"The rooms are very basic there is no TV and no fridge to keep water cool.I laid my bottle of water on the dressing table, the bar man told me my bottle of water marked the table, they charged me £50 pounds. they also charged me £10 pounds for pillow cases they said dye from my hair went on to them. I went there on my own I felt the victim of a scam.I traveled with Friendship travel.when I asked help to help me they didn't want to know. I would ever go there again, or travel with Friendship again
There was no hot water to shower in the morning's either

Anastasia"

• Travel date: Sun 19th of June 2016

graham 162

"just come back from my 3r time at rhis hotel,just as good as the 1stfor the single traveler this hotel is great keep up the good work Aysel,Baz and the rest nof the staff will be back next year"

• Travel date: Tue 4th of October 2011

Hotels near Forever Hotel

Stayed at Forever Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Forever Hotel

• kayleighjamiemcmillan by kayleighjamiemcmillan

"Favourite restaurant was SWALLOWS for traditional turkish food, and Bella Vita for Italian "

• amanda9874 by amanda9874

"Lemon Tree, Panda Restaurant. Jeep Safari is a must "

• jd miserable by jd miserable

"something for everybody watersports etc. "

• jd miserable by jd miserable

"robin hood in hisaronu "

• TheLLU by TheLLU

"Not as frantic as Hisaronu, but near enough to visit. Great for relaxation. "

• never_forever by never_forever

"Learn to be firm with pushy sellers - they dont understand hints "

• never_forever by never_forever

"Eske Bar is a great karaoke bar in Hisaronu "

• Gemma&David by Gemma&David

"blue lagoon is lovely "

• pixie_bell73 by pixie_bell73

"Fab place to chill out with new friends "

• Brownicle by Brownicle

"ear plugs and good walking shoes "

• Graham162 by Graham162

"book a room with a balcony "

• Anastasia M by Anastasia M

"Think twice before going there "