Belcehan Beach Hotel

Belcegiz Mevkii, Oludeniz 48300 Turkey

Carolyns top hotel

Good

"I have stayed here several times in last few years and defo recommend to anyone. Best for me is dont get many kids staying there although lots other kidy places stay in Olu Deniz.

Can go May June July or August and never been too noisy, usually quite
round pool which is nice.

The rule about taking stuff back to room has only applied 07 season, not sure why same owners for years. Is annoying though as feel like being watched!

If late flight home get friendly with others so hopefully can use their room, charges keep room on a bit steep.

A must do while in Olu Deniz is paragliding. Go find BLOODY GORGEOUS he do you a good deal."

• Travel date: Sun 13th of January 2008

our first visit to turkey-fab.

"as this was our first visit to turkey we didnt know what to expect,we were soon very pleased we had chosen to go there.the olu deniz is loverly and scenic with breathtaking views with mountains all around and its a paragliders paradise.the locals are realy friendly around the resort and check out ali baba's rose bar its friendly cheap and chearful good for a cheap night out on the beer,and its got free internet access too! from there its back round the corner to the belcehan beach hotel.we found the hotel although basic it caters for all your needs ,the rooms are not very big and have small balconies we were on the ground floor and you can literaly step over the wall to the pool side,at first we thought we wouldnt like the room but were soon greatful for it as you have easy access to your room espesially when sunbathing.our kids aged 13 and 16 were on the top (3rd)floor and although it was lighter we still prefered the lower room ,and as the hotel is so small and friendly us been on different floors wasnt a problem.the breakfast was general cornflakes bread or toast cheese fruit and usualy something different baked every day eg cheese pasty or cake !!an endless supply of tea coffee or juice and eggs and potatoes in different forms each day ,in general enough to fill you up .the staff were great and again very friendly sol and adem do a great job at breakfast on the ball all of the time .and sam (the sh*t) as we called him ,at the pool bar great guy and up for laughs and plenty of practical jokes! overall we found the hotel very clean and well presented and would definately visit there again."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of September 2007

A Great Hotel - Highly Recommended

"I stayed at this hotel in July of 2007 and very much enjoyed my stay. The hotel is well located, clean, comfortable with very friendly staff.

The pool area is very nice, with a pool which is of adaquate size, never once did we struggle to find a free sun lounger. The pool side bar serves a good selection of snacks. The rooms are simple but in excellent condition and very well cleaned on a daily basis. The room also had a very good modern ac system.

Perhaps the best point of the hotel is the staff who are truley top notch, I've dealt with staff in far more expensive hotels than this and the Belceham staff could teach them a thing or two!

Bad points..... for the money none! Although the rule concerning bringing food from outside in to you room is annoying, but that said I saw other hotels in Olu deniz with the same policy. Its not hard to smuggle stuff in, but that said the pool side bar is very reasonable.

Tips.... in our room there were power sockets hiden behind dressing table.

Don't expect 5 star luxury from the Belcehan Beach but for the money this is a teriffic hotel that I'd stay at again and can't recomend highly enough.

Please contact me if you have any questions, I'll do my best to help."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of August 2007

Perectly adequate

Good

"We went in the middle of summer, during a heatwave. There is nothing wrong with this hotel. Rooms are clean, BBC World on TV, balconies in all but the lowest rooms, good size unheated pool (very warm when we were there) and adequate breakfast.

There are signs all over saying that you can't take food or drink "from the outside" into your room for "reasons of hygene and accountancy". Everyone we spoke to thought this was very cheeky, as the hotel's drinks prices were more expensive than "outside". They even say that you have to pay them the cost of the item if they catch you!!

Most people did not hesitate to bring their own snacks and drinks into their rooms but were discreet about disposing of the wrapping.

A word of warning - the cost of meals in Oludeniz is at least 3 times normal Turkish prices - expect to pay 8-10 quid for a meal that would cost 3-5 quid in Fetiyhe, the nearest big town. Shops at Dalaman Airport charge 4 quid for a large bottle of water (there is no free water available) and the same for a coffee.

This is a tourist ghetto, but is a lovely place to hang around doing nothing, sunbathe or maybe paraglide. Enjoy!"

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of July 2007

Yum Yum I love Olu Deniz

"I have been back from Olu Deniz just under a week and have already made arrangements to return in September so BEWARE. This was my third time at Olu but my first in the Belcehan and it was delightful. Breakfast was Turkish but hey what do you expect in Turkey. It was sufficient and each day there were different hot dishes available. The hotel was what I needed somewhere to sleep shower and eat breakfast. The room had a fridge air con and a safety deposit box. The staff as always were so very helpful and we made some very good freinds. I think a must is Shadows bar the guys there are stars. Turkish people have very beautiful hearts that shine through and make you feel so very very welcome. Go sit on the bean bags on the beach and have a banana split. Omar and Naci are stars and keep you fed and watered all day. So many yummy things to say but I wont go on just get your flight booked and go see for yourselves. Ill be there in September and I know I will have another holiday to remember. Hope you do to!!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 25th of June 2007

Just what we needed!

Good

"The Belcehan Beach Hotel was a nice, simple hotel and very relaxed which was exactly what we were looking for at the time. Unfortunately, we didn't get a double bed, but they moved the twin beds together for us without even asking, which was lovely. The room was clean and was cleaned every day. We had a little area by the pool for sitting out.

The pool area was lovely and very relaxed - no heating in the pool meant that not many people braved the water! Sam, working behind the poolside bar made friends with everyone and got people talking together. It was a really relaxed clientele and no one was being party-crazy. Just be warned, however, this place could get really noisy a few months later as the summer holidays kicked in, the families arrive and the people looking for a party arrive!!

Although breakfast is included, it's not really much to write home about. It served its purpose as far as were concerned, but there's no fry ups in sight!

This was a lovely trip, but I think that was partly down to the fact that we were able to relax completely. I am very conscious that this calm was not going to be aound for much longer after we left

All I can say is watch out for the scary lady on reception!!"

• Travel date: Thu 7th of June 2007

Nice Hotel, good service - words of advice on Turkish Prices

Good

"We stayed at this hotel for a week, a pleasant stay, nice staff, usual great Turkish Hospitality.

The Rooms: Comfy, clean and regular maid service. Fridge provided.

Pool: A little on the small side and can be cold if the outside temprature is low.

Ideal for: Couples looking for a relaxing stay, (not much catering for children).

Breakfast: Average to poor (if you like your English breakfasts - this is not up to scratch) If you dont mind bolied eggs and cheese and fresh bread. then its ok

Hotel Bar and Food Prices: reasonable.
The hotel does not allow you to bring drinks or Food from outside which I think is ridiculous!! So if you want good Beer and Spirits and not the bad local drinks - make sure you stock up at duty free and put them in your luggage - (so reception can't see, they never said anything to us when we had them in our room.)

Word of Advice: There are some restaurants / cafes that dont have prices on items - this gives them free choice to charge what they want. Make sure you ask the price of every food and drink item you buy especially on excursions.

I will give you an example: I noticed that a restaurant was charging Beer prices differently to us than other tourists they make their own mind up on how much they can get away with - so make sure you are not ripped off!!

Airport Departure: The prices are ridiculous again with cafes not displaying prices. There is a mcdonalds which have prices but charge double to what you would pay in the UK.

Overall Opinion: GREAT HOTEL AND OLUDENIZ IS BEAUTIFUL. But we wary of places ripping you off."

• Travel date: Sun 20th of May 2007

Great Hotel and Holiday

"It was our first time to Turkey and we stayed at the Belcehan beach Hotel and had a lovely stay. It's in an ideal location just 2 minutes walk from where all the main restaurants and shops are and about 10 min walk to the beach. The maids came everyday and cleaned and tidied our room. We were provided with fresh linen and towels every couple of days. We stayed bed and breakfast it was quite basic but was ok. I got a bit fed up of it towards the end of the two weeks it was mainly bread, jams, yoghurt, cheese, and olives etc. There is staff at the bar all day and they play music which is nice whilst you are sat around the pool. All day they offer food, which they cook for you at any time such as Burgers, chips, beans on toast etc that is good when you just want something English to eat. The staff are all very friendly and happy to help. If you are going to Olu Deniez I wouldn’t bother paying to go half board or all-inclusive because the food is lovely and there are so many resturants to choose from. In every restaurant you get a starter of bread, which is gorgeous, usually served with a garlic butter dip. yumm! They all try to pull you into their restaurants to try their food and we just gave into them in the end to shut them up! They are very nice and friendly people though. The blue lagoon is lovely but it is more pebbles than sand. You do have to pay to get in but it’s cheap enough and it is a bit of a treck in the heat.
Me and my boyfriend didn’t go on any excursions but we will when we go back to the sister hotel Belcehan Deluxe which is just down the road. Lovely Holiday!"

• Travel date: Sat 13th of January 2007

Belcehan Beach Hotel

"I have just returned from 1 week at the BELCEHAN BEACH HOTEL not to be confused with the BELCEHAN DELUXE HOTEL which are owned by the same company. The deluxe is newly built, or at least has been completely renovated. The Belcehan Beach is a wonderful little hotel very, very clean although the rooms are drab. Needs some brighter lighting. We were there for five days with nowhere to plug anything into until informed by another guest to look behind the small dressing table....two plug sockets hidden. The hotel is in a good position for shops etc. and the beach...but nice and quiet...I have travelled from Antigua to Zanzibar and stayed in luxury 5 star hotels but I would return here again, only fault Oludeniz is very touristy with regards to food. I looked on the Forum page before I went for advise on eateries but to be honest all the menus in the restaurants are the same. Choose one with the oven where they bake the bread (can't remember the name of the bread but it looks like a huge nan, comes with different butters is put on the table while you peruse the menu...don't bother with starter bread is to die for. Eating out here costs approx for main course with bottle of wine for 2 thirty pounds sterling. All shops have prices in sterling I would advise if you intend to buy jewellery or gifts take sterling...if you pay in Lira they convert in their favour...(arguing is not worth the hassle.) Biggest dissapointment THE BEACH AND LAGOON I live in Cornwall so maybe I am used to beautiful beaches...it was very gritty, not shingle, not sand but dusty and left that dusty taste....nowhere is perfact but for a week in the sun Oludeniz is good. Streets very clean no litter...people very nice."

• Travel date: Wed 9th of November 2005

Newly constructed, pretty nice

Good

"New, clean, modern, very nice. Large, bright, tiled bathrooms. Rooms have a small balcony -- ask for one facing inwards to the pool."

• Travel date: Sat 15th of October 2005

Belcehan Beach hotel

"The best hotel I have stayed at! Spotlessly clean with good breakfast and evening meal at the Belcehan Deluxe just over the road. It also has a lovely clean pool, a good bar and pool table. It's ideally located for all activities. The Blue Lagoon is a 15-20 minute walk. Boats leave from the beach in the morning for several destinations."

• Travel date: Fri 5th of December 2014

First trip to Turkey

"Transfer time from airport greatly reduced, took us just over an hour.Oludeniz was brilliant and the Belchan Beech was just right for us.Breakfast was plain but plenty of opportunity to get all day breakfast in resort. Staff were so friendly and helpful.Jeep safari is a must, never had so much fun,even the non smelly mud bath. Most restaurants were very good value,try the many traditional caserols cooked in a wood burning oven and in a clay pot. Beware of paragliders landing on the prom.If tempted to try suggest you get your head examined first and look at the accidents via goggle!Do not do the suggested walk from Kaya Kkoyu to Blue Lagoon as suggested by Rough Guide, its leathal for all except climbers and the very fit. Barry C"

• Travel date: Thu 16th of June 2011

Hotels near Belcehan Beach Hotel

Stayed at Belcehan Beach Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Belcehan Beach Hotel

• Barry C by Barry C

"Choose a small hotel away from the seafront "

• peterbyrnie by peterbyrnie

"book HB as a real bargain. "

Belcehan Beach Hotel is also called