This hotel is now closed.

Hotels near Toksoy

Good

Most relaxing holiday ever!

Reviewed Wed 25th of May 2011

"I have just returned from a week staying at the Toksoy and had a fantastic week. Like some of the other reviewers I was very wary after reading some of the bad comments on here but I was pleasantly surprised, so much so that I had to come on here and add my own review, something I have never done before.

The staff were spot on, nothing was a problem in fact 'no problem' became a bit of a catchphrase for the week! Martin and Charlie were brilliant. The rooms are basic, but clean and tidy and contained all we needed. There are signs saying the towels etc are changed every 3 days, but ours were changed daily - although I imagine this would change back to 3 days once you hit high season and its busier. The pool is clean and there are plenty of sun loungers.
The apartments are perfectly situated really, slightly out of the way so that it is quiet when you need it but close enough to walk to the bars etc. They are ideal for a relaxing holiday. There are shops, a bakers and a supermarket a few minutes walk away.

The bus station is also a few minutes walk away, with the 'dolmus' buses running into Marmaris town centre the beach and the harbour every few minutes it seems, 1 lira 50 each journey and colour coordinated (blue and white striped) so you know which ones to catch back. (numbers 2 and 3 btw!)

All in all we had a fabulous week and would definitely go back to the Toksoy!

Laurna and Ann-Marie "

• Travel date: Tue 24th of May 2011

great apartments

Reviewed Tue 4th of January 2011

" the apartments are brill we have been going for the past 11 years me and a few of our freinds that we met there all those years ago.The apartments are very clean and freindly.I would not stay anywere else.It just got took over last year was a bit wairy but injoyed it the same batuhan and his wife could not do enough fo...r you and the staff were very freindly and cant wait to go back this year aswell.Would highly recomend these apartments"

• Travel date: Wed 29th of December 2010

Good basic accomidation friendly staff

Reviewed Mon 12th of November 2012

"I stayed in Toksoy last week for two weeks with my two young children, guests and staff are friendly and the rooms are basic but clean. If you are looking for a quiet time this is not the place to be - music starts at around 10am and goes on till the wee small hours ( 5 am - 6!),music volume goes down after 12pm but the voices go up!! Unfortunately I had my purse stolen from the hotel, but met some amazing people who helped me out! The owners appeared to be more concerned about keeping it quiet which was a shame and even told me that if I wanted to report it to the police I would have to pay an interpreter which wasn't actually the case. Despite this we had a lovely time in Turkey and would definately reccomend it - a visit to Pumakali is well worth the 3 hour journey!"

• Travel date: Sun 15th of August 2010

If you have been to Toksoy before and are thinking of going back DON'T

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"Rooms filthy, not cleaned apart from when you arrive and when you are leaving, extremely noisy as music booming out all day and night, impossible to sleep. New people who are renting the place from Apo haven't got a clue how to run an establishment. Staff at bar working on commission only so after any sale they can get, really lovely lads (Mehmet, Orlando, Freddie and Baran) but they should be in a more lively place in the middle of Marmaris somewhere where they can dance til their hearts content and play music all day and night. Never had a bad stay at Toksoy after visiting for 10 years running until this year will never go back unless Apo returns which is unlikely but if you want to visit him you can do at Maxwells Apartments which is a nice place, good food and the lads dancing of a night is great to watch, we will be going wherever Apo ends up in 2011. All in all we had to make the most of a bad thing and will not be returning to Toksoy."

• Travel date: Sat 14th of August 2010

room 101 noisy hell hole

Reviewed Thu 12th of August 2010

"I have just got home aftervisiting the Toksoy and boy was I glad to get home.I was given a room (101) with my partner and 13 year old daughter, which was above the kitchen and alongside the often very noisy bar area.I asked to be moved numerous times but was never moved.I found the staff to be mostly helpful although a little pushy when it came to getting the few extra lira out of guests.the pool area was very nice but getting a bed was impossible as all the beds where reserved by staff members for their friends and favourite guests.I did not appreciate being asked for Tips on leaving room and Hotel.Will not be making a return visit."

• Travel date: Wed 11th of August 2010

Great Place

Reviewed Mon 19th of November 2012

"Couldn't agree more with the previous two reviews. The staff were great at the Toksoy (thanks Orlando and Memet) and the owners genuinely seemed to care about your stay. We were extremely pleased with the hotel given that we had booked our holiday the night before leaving at a very reduced rate. Our fears were ill founded about the cost and we had a great time. Rooms/pool etc spotlessly clean and we look forward to going back again."

• Travel date: Wed 21st of July 2010

Great Little Hotel

Reviewed Wed 21st of July 2010

"My partner and I (30s) stayed in the Toksoy recently after getting a last minute deal. The hotel was great and we enjoyed one of their balcony rooms on the top floor.

The hotel is located a couple of miles away from the beach so walking there is not an option! That said, there are local dormus (small minibuses) which run regularly into the town centre/beach areas.

Entertainment is provided by the staff and others and we really enjoyed our themed Turkish evening.

The hotel was kept spotlesly clean, with a lovely pool area and the rooms had fresh bedding and towels supplied on a regular basis.

The two bar staff (Orlando and Memet) provided us with the local low down on where to go and can be trusted to give good advice on sites to see/trips etc.

I would recommend this hotel and would stay again.

• Travel date: Wed 21st of July 2010

great staff

Reviewed Fri 12th of October 2012

"the management were very helpfull, when cosmos double booked our room.they took us to another hotel for the night, and collected us the following day. Orlando and mehmet the social hosts were very jolly and could not be more helpfull. the rooms were spotless and roomy and comfortable. it was a 30 min walk to the marina, or the bus was just around the corner to take you staight there. as it was a compact apart hotel occassionally you would here music from the bar at night, as we are not late night people, but it did not go on too long. also occassionally got woken up by the local cockerel.
i would reccomend this apartment to everyone, kids were happy in the pool, couples had a good time, and i think even young couples had a good time because of the great atmosphere that was generated by the social hosts."

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of July 2010

fantastic

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"Just to bring all you readers up to speed, the Toksoy is no longer run by APO. It is run by Sevde and her husband, and as I had not stayed there before, it would have been no better than it is now.
Sevde and her staff are teriffic, nothing is too much trouble, and the bar staff/chef are unique. (if you go there you will know what I mean)
Although the Toksoy is a LITTLE bit out of Marmaris, there are plenty of shops/restaurants in easy walking distance, (5-10 minutes), alternatively the local bus service is first class, and very reasonably priced, and from the bus stop, (5 mins from Toksoy) you can be in the heart of the marina/town area in 10 minutes.
However , my wife and I tended to stay within the srea of the apartments as ther was no real need to go anywhere else, other than for the main shopping trips.
Do not go to the local market, the shops are cheaper, and no hassle."

• Travel date: Wed 30th of June 2010

excellence

Reviewed Wed 30th of June 2010

"First time at Toksoy, and definitely not the last.
There are very few places in the world, where, although away from home, you feel very much at home.
The apartments had basic requirements, but comfortable and clean.
The staff were superb, and nothing was too much trouble. Restaurant staff very accommodating, and friendly, as were all the people in Turkey generally.
Armutalan is a little out of Marmaris, but the bus service is excellent, frequent and inexpensive, and got you from the apartments to the centre of the Marmaris marina and shopping areas in around 10 minutes.
Other than catching the bus, there are plenty of restaurants and shops within easy walking distance.
We are definitely going again, and it will be the Toksoy for sure."

• Travel date: Tue 29th of June 2010

Apo is a legend!!

Reviewed Mon 12th of November 2012

"Been 3 years on the trot, before finding this little gem which is nicely out the way, but not TOO out the way....i'd stayed right on the harbour of Marmaris - and although nice, there was always too much noise and fannying about....Apo is an absolute legend, there is nothing too much trouble with him, i cage fight and he's recently taken up Kickboxing and Mui Thai and one day invited me to his gym to meet his world champion master friend....brilliant!!
I asked for a decent place for a cut-throat shave; he drove me to.... Toni & Guy would you believe LOL then me and the mrs wanted a Turkish bath (HIIIGHLY RECCOMMEND so you dont flake when you come home, get it done your first day), he again, drove us to the hotel and told us how much to pay (with bantering lol), whilst the food which is freshly prepared on site is beautiful, he does have an agreement with a local pizza/chip shop (margarita with chicken is out of this world, the cheese is sooooo stringy lol)
like i've said, nothing is a problem for Apo, if you need it - it's done, hell he was even trusting us to pour our own drinks and mark it on our tabs (did feel a little uneasy about this so always gave him a shout when i was doing so......when you go tell him
"Aaron from newcastle says Apo has baby Yarak & Berk Mama" lol he'll get the joke haha i love swearing in other languages lol
rooms cleaned daily, towels daily, really can't complain about the guy - he's not pervy or sleezy like other Turks, a very nice genuine guy indeed!!
He even allowed us to stay on in the room until the night for free which i thought was damned decent of the guy, so took his card and sent him some cash in the post"

• Travel date: Thu 24th of September 2009

Toksoy is fab!!!!

Reviewed Mon 17th of August 2009

"I booked a holiday through "going on holiday" tours, they are a disgrase by the way! stay clear!!!!!!Our holiday was booked for us to stay at the Royal plaza hotel, which is supposed to be a 4star hotel, no way hosy!!!please DO NOT stay there as the hotel staff attacked my 15 year old son!!long story.
But without going on too much about our awfull experiance at the Royal Plaze after 4 days, my son and I had no option but to move hotels ( due to no hot water, and the filthly hotel and disgusting excuse of humanbeings(being the staff that is).
I found this little apartments called Toksoy Aparts directly behind the Royal Plaza for myself and my son. Best move we ever made!! Apol (the owner) saved our holiday, the aparts are spotlessly clean, the staff were brilliant, the guest there were brilliant and so friendly. Most of the guests that were there have been coming to the place for 14 years, 10 years continuessly etc so just goes to show that these aparts is the best place to stay in Turkey if people continue to go back after such a long period of time. The staff were greate and could not be more helpfull. we were made to feel very welcome by every one, would defo recomend these aparts and we will defo be going back next year to these same aparts, brilliant. The location is very good as well as you are not in the middle of all the loud hussle and bussle of marmarus but only 5 mins away if you want to be. There is a reseraunt called 'Musty's' just round the corner form Toksoy and it is auwsome. The staff are the best, so so friendly and very helpfull. If you are new to Turkey and have never been before ask Atilla for some pointers, he is only too helpfull. Also beside the big supermarket s a resteraunt called Violets, very very cheap and very good foo, again the staff there are also very very friendly and will do anything to help you.

Thanks Apol for everything
michelle & keiran

• Travel date: Fri 14th of August 2009

Hotels near Toksoy

Top traveller tips for Toksoy

• peterandfamily by peterandfamily

"In a mostly residential area "

• Sharon Jones by Sharon Jones

"Buzzing place with plenty to do. Great for shopping and haggling!!! "

• Sharon Jones by Sharon Jones

"any kebab restaurant, very nice. "

• Laurnstar by Laurnstar

"Don't be afraid of using the local buses, no's 2 and 3 will take you straight into Marmaris for 1 lira 50. Also, there's a Turkish Delight factory about 5 mins walk from the apts and they give free samples! :-) "

Toksoy is also called