Toksoy

Sinam Mah. 43. Sok. No:5 , 48700 , Marmaris , Turkey , Europe

Good

Good basic accomidation friendly staff

"I stayed in Toksoy last week for two weeks with my two young children, guests and staff are friendly and the rooms are basic but clean. If you are looking for a quiet time this is not the place to be - music starts at around 10am and goes on till the wee small hours ( 5 am - 6!),music volume goes down after 12pm but the voices go up!! Unfortunately I had my purse stolen from the hotel, but met some amazing people who helped me out! The owners appeared to be more concerned about keeping it quiet which was a shame and even told me that if I wanted to report it to the police I would have to pay an interpreter which wasn't actually the case. Despite this we had a lovely time in Turkey and would definately reccomend it - a visit to Pumakali is well worth the 3 hour journey!"

• Travel date: Sun 15th of August 2010

If you have been to Toksoy before and are thinking of going back DON'T

"Rooms filthy, not cleaned apart from when you arrive and when you are leaving, extremely noisy as music booming out all day and night, impossible to sleep. New people who are renting the place from Apo haven't got a clue how to run an establishment. Staff at bar working on commission only so after any sale they can get, really lovely lads (Mehmet, Orlando, Freddie and Baran) but they should be in a more lively place in the middle of Marmaris somewhere where they can dance til their hearts content and play music all day and night. Never had a bad stay at Toksoy after visiting for 10 years running until this year will never go back unless Apo returns which is unlikely but if you want to visit him you can do at Maxwells Apartments which is a nice place, good food and the lads dancing of a night is great to watch, we will be going wherever Apo ends up in 2011. All in all we had to make the most of a bad thing and will not be returning to Toksoy."

• Travel date: Sat 14th of August 2010

Great Place

"Couldn't agree more with the previous two reviews. The staff were great at the Toksoy (thanks Orlando and Memet) and the owners genuinely seemed to care about your stay. We were extremely pleased with the hotel given that we had booked our holiday the night before leaving at a very reduced rate. Our fears were ill founded about the cost and we had a great time. Rooms/pool etc spotlessly clean and we look forward to going back again."

• Travel date: Wed 21st of July 2010

great staff

"the management were very helpfull, when cosmos double booked our room.they took us to another hotel for the night, and collected us the following day. Orlando and mehmet the social hosts were very jolly and could not be more helpfull. the rooms were spotless and roomy and comfortable. it was a 30 min walk to the marina, or the bus was just around the corner to take you staight there. as it was a compact apart hotel occassionally you would here music from the bar at night, as we are not late night people, but it did not go on too long. also occassionally got woken up by the local cockerel.
i would reccomend this apartment to everyone, kids were happy in the pool, couples had a good time, and i think even young couples had a good time because of the great atmosphere that was generated by the social hosts."

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of July 2010

fantastic

"Just to bring all you readers up to speed, the Toksoy is no longer run by APO. It is run by Sevde and her husband, and as I had not stayed there before, it would have been no better than it is now.
Sevde and her staff are teriffic, nothing is too much trouble, and the bar staff/chef are unique. (if you go there you will know what I mean)
Although the Toksoy is a LITTLE bit out of Marmaris, there are plenty of shops/restaurants in easy walking distance, (5-10 minutes), alternatively the local bus service is first class, and very reasonably priced, and from the bus stop, (5 mins from Toksoy) you can be in the heart of the marina/town area in 10 minutes.
However , my wife and I tended to stay within the srea of the apartments as ther was no real need to go anywhere else, other than for the main shopping trips.
Do not go to the local market, the shops are cheaper, and no hassle."

• Travel date: Wed 30th of June 2010

Apo is a legend!!

"Been 3 years on the trot, before finding this little gem which is nicely out the way, but not TOO out the way....i'd stayed right on the harbour of Marmaris - and although nice, there was always too much noise and fannying about....Apo is an absolute legend, there is nothing too much trouble with him, i cage fight and he's recently taken up Kickboxing and Mui Thai and one day invited me to his gym to meet his world champion master friend....brilliant!!
I asked for a decent place for a cut-throat shave; he drove me to.... Toni & Guy would you believe LOL then me and the mrs wanted a Turkish bath (HIIIGHLY RECCOMMEND so you dont flake when you come home, get it done your first day), he again, drove us to the hotel and told us how much to pay (with bantering lol), whilst the food which is freshly prepared on site is beautiful, he does have an agreement with a local pizza/chip shop (margarita with chicken is out of this world, the cheese is sooooo stringy lol)
like i've said, nothing is a problem for Apo, if you need it - it's done, hell he was even trusting us to pour our own drinks and mark it on our tabs (did feel a little uneasy about this so always gave him a shout when i was doing so......when you go tell him
"Aaron from newcastle says Apo has baby Yarak & Berk Mama" lol he'll get the joke haha i love swearing in other languages lol
rooms cleaned daily, towels daily, really can't complain about the guy - he's not pervy or sleezy like other Turks, a very nice genuine guy indeed!!
He even allowed us to stay on in the room until the night for free which i thought was damned decent of the guy, so took his card and sent him some cash in the post"

• Travel date: Thu 24th of September 2009

Brilliant hotel

Good

"As we arrived at the hotel I wondered what we had let ourselves in for. We got to the hotel at around 11pm, it was pitch black and looked as though we had been dropped off in the middle of nowhere, turns out we shouldn't of worried as we had a brilliant holiday.

We were given a room right in the corner on the ground floor. We had requested to be higher up with a pool view and Apo, the owner said straight away that this was the only room available but we could change a few days later if we wanted to. I have a feeling that the regulars that go back year after year probably get the best rooms. In the end we decided to stay where we was, the only real problem with the room was that the balcony looked out onto the house next door, so we had to have the curtains permanently closed because they could see straight into our room.

The rooms are basic, but have everything you need. The beds aren't very comfortable, on the first I thought I was never going to get to sleep, but we got used to them. The cleaners were in the rooms daily, and beds and towels were changed every couple of days. We did have a few beatles in our room, but I suppose this is to be expected as we were on the ground floor.

One thing that I would have liked to have known before we went was that not all the rooms have air conditioning. Luckily ours did but I think without it it would be impossible to sleep. Air con was £25 a week, and the safety deposit boxes are £10/£15.

Be aware of the cockerels, every morning without fail between 4.30 and 5am you would hear them, then they would set the dogs off barking too.

The pool in the hotel is very deep, I'm around 5ft 6 and couldn't touch the floor. There are plenty of sunbeds, there was only one occasion where we went to the pool to find they were all taken. There was the same people every day though making sure they had the towels on their sunbeds before everyone else was up.

We got a few snacky meals from the bar, such as chip buttys, and a couple of sandwiches and they were all nice enough, and reasonably priced too.

The staff at the hotel are all pleasant, except for one lad, who has a permanant frown, he wasn't rude, just a bit moody. The others were all great, always up for a laugh with you. Apo is lovely and will do anything for you. He organised trips, took us to a jewellers were he got discount and one night took us to the hospital when I was ill. Nothing is too much for him.

The apartments are located right at the very back of the Armutulan area. There isn't a lot there, and if you are going to Marmaris for the night life these probably wouldn't suit you. They are a good twenty minute walk from the centre, not that we ever walked it, we walked to the end of the road and got on the dolmus, which was 1.25YTL or around 50p each.

The location is the only thing that would put us off going again, we ended up spending a small fortune on the dolmus, as we were going into Marmaris twice a day. If I could pick the apartments up and move them more into the centre I would be back there again tomorrow. Everything else was perfect."

• Travel date: Thu 24th of July 2008

the best place

"toksoy is the nicest place to stay the staff and esp apol are brilliant and are a good laugh i go every year and will continue to do so the rooms are spot on and clean thanks to all the staff again for the perfect holiday"

• Travel date: Fri 13th of October 2006

Ever So Friendly

Good

"We stayed at the Toksoy Apartments for one week and were treated by Apol, the owner, like we were members of his own family. Apol and all the staff and members of his family were very helpful and friendly.

The apartment was of a good size, well equipped and very clean. The facilities were good with a small pool and a poolside bar.

The location is great as a base for seeing Marmaris and the surrounding area. The local bus depot is only about 100 metres away. From here you can get a Dolmus, local bus, into Marmaris, for only 1 Lira, about 40p and pick up a water taxi, boat or another bus to the surrounding areas.

All in all these small friendly apartments come highly recommended"

• Travel date: Mon 19th of September 2005

wicked!

"fantastic! freindly! staff and the owner Apol treated us like we were family! pool very deep but wonderful! Apol managed to get many of us in it! Apols wife is a little gem cant do enough for you either! any problems go to them first cos they will sort out anything and will ensure you never get ripped off. quite far from beach but the dolmus mini bus are 1lire or around 30p in english and are so frequrent. Bar snacks are great dont go home with out trying the chicken burgers and home made chips. ask Apol where Haci's restarant is and meet the dancing waiters! (well they did for us!) if you meet rambo or romero you will never eat anywhere else again! they will cook you anything to order if it makes you happy! we love so much we never stay in the heart of the town but head for amatulan where Toksoy as its like going back to a large extended family!"

• Travel date: Tue 14th of June 2005

Most relaxing holiday ever!

Good

"I have just returned from a week staying at the Toksoy and had a fantastic week. Like some of the other reviewers I was very wary after reading some of the bad comments on here but I was pleasantly surprised, so much so that I had to come on here and add my own review, something I have never done before.

The staff were spot on, nothing was a problem in fact 'no problem' became a bit of a catchphrase for the week! Martin and Charlie were brilliant. The rooms are basic, but clean and tidy and contained all we needed. There are signs saying the towels etc are changed every 3 days, but ours were changed daily - although I imagine this would change back to 3 days once you hit high season and its busier. The pool is clean and there are plenty of sun loungers.
The apartments are perfectly situated really, slightly out of the way so that it is quiet when you need it but close enough to walk to the bars etc. They are ideal for a relaxing holiday. There are shops, a bakers and a supermarket a few minutes walk away.

The bus station is also a few minutes walk away, with the 'dolmus' buses running into Marmaris town centre the beach and the harbour every few minutes it seems, 1 lira 50 each journey and colour coordinated (blue and white striped) so you know which ones to catch back. (numbers 2 and 3 btw!)

All in all we had a fabulous week and would definitely go back to the Toksoy!

Laurna and Ann-Marie "

• Travel date: Tue 24th of May 2011

great apartments

" the apartments are brill we have been going for the past 11 years me and a few of our freinds that we met there all those years ago.The apartments are very clean and freindly.I would not stay anywere else.It just got took over last year was a bit wairy but injoyed it the same batuhan and his wife could not do enough fo...r you and the staff were very freindly and cant wait to go back this year aswell.Would highly recomend these apartments"

• Travel date: Wed 29th of December 2010

Hotels near Toksoy

Stayed at Toksoy? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Toksoy

• peterandfamily by peterandfamily

"In a mostly residential area "

• Sharon Jones by Sharon Jones

"Buzzing place with plenty to do. Great for shopping and haggling!!! "

• Sharon Jones by Sharon Jones

"any kebab restaurant, very nice. "

• Laurnstar by Laurnstar

"Don't be afraid of using the local buses, no's 2 and 3 will take you straight into Marmaris for 1 lira 50. Also, there's a Turkish Delight factory about 5 mins walk from the apts and they give free samples! :-) "

Toksoy is also called