Sunrise Hotel

Kenan Evren Bulvari 21, Marmaris 48700 Turkey

Close But No Cigar

Good

"I have just returned from a fortnight's stay at the Sunrise spent on a half-board basis with my girlfriend.

Overall we had a fantastic holdiay; it was my first trip to Turkey and there are a great many things to see and do - I warmly commend it to anyone who has not visited.

The hotel lived upto many of the reviews written on TripAdvisor - immaculate throughout and with food of a high standard - but I did feel there were several areas where I would have expected more from a 4-star hotel: I was annoyed that you were unable to charge drinks to your room from the pool bar - this lead to more trips to the cash point than usual; I would expect a 4-star hotel to provide towels for the pool and beach but this was not the case; the hotel does advertise a fitness centre but in reality this was one exercise bike and a few free weights; I found some of the reception staff a little surly and unhelpful; we would return to our room most days to find that the maids had been smoking on our balcony and the room reaked of cigarretes (although the room was always spotless and the maids were highly trustworthy).

Despite these points there is still much to commend about the hotel (I am somewhat fussy) and Turkey's Western Mediterranean Coast."

• Travel date: Tue 8th of August 2006

The fabulous sunrise

"My husband and I stayed at the Sunrise for the week June13th-19th 2006. This was our first time to Turkey and before booking I read the traveller reviews to find a good hotel. When I read the reviews on the Sunrise I thought it was probably nice but couldn't be that good. It was!!!

We arrived about 3.45 am when it was still dark but coming into the hotel foyer it looked gorgeous and our room was lovely with a view of the sea. Over the years we have stayed in quite a number of 4 star hotels in the UK and Ireland and I can honestly say the Sunrise could outshine them all! It is absolutely fantastic. The rooms are spotlessly clean, bright and cheery. The pool area is fantastic with a lovely bar, good sunbeds and parasols and leads onto the beach. The staff are so friendly and helpful and nothing is too much trouble for them no matter what time it is.

Marmaris is really beautiful and I can honestly say that this was one of the best holidays we have ever had. The hotel doesn't have much in the way of evening entertainment but there are so many places nearby that it doesn't matter. We were on a bed and breakfast basis and breakfast always had a good selection of food - fruit, juices, pancakes, eggs, omelettes, cheeses, different breads, cake and pastries, tea, coffee etc. I would recommend that you go B&B as it is so nice to pick a different restaurant to eat in each night - there are so many of them and it is fantastic to eat outside. One we particularly loved and it was just across from the front of the Sunrise was 'Samdan Restaurant'. We liked it so much that we went there for dinner 3 nights. The guys who work there are fantastic and good fun and the food is first class. If you visit it, tell them Francis and Annie from Northern Ireland recommended them.

What else can I say? There is only one way to find out about the Sunrise Hotel - just go there and have a fabulous holiday. You definitely will want to go back."

• Travel date: Mon 19th of June 2006

Great Hotel

"Stayed in may this year, lovely position, could'nt find much fault.
we were B&B so went out to a different place every night, although they did an evening meal, there was not a menu on show, so in that respect felt that they were not trying to encourage you to eat there in the evening.

The rooms were excellent, the breakfast was buffet with quite a choice.

The one down side that we found being on the sea side was the cafe/bar on the fron that played loud music till 1 am (still some cotton wool sorted that out).

If you stay there then try the restruant by the hotel on the sea front and also the Maymi just along towards the main town."

• Travel date: Thu 1st of June 2006

Excellent

"Excellent hotel. Very clean and well kept to a high standard. Only ever had breakfast in the hotel which was ok. Plenty of amenities nearby - supermarket, bars & restaurants, but you are a fair bit away (2-3km) from the very centre of Marmaris where there's a lot more bars & restaurants. We got a water taxi 1 night which was great, but the rest of the time there's a really easy to use, frequent bus which costs only 1 lira (about 40p) and picks up from right outside every couple of minutes and drops you in the main hub of things.

Nothing I can really say was a problem - the private beach is actually a bit stony (so we stayed round the pool), and whilst the hotel seemed fairly quiet when we were there the pool area isn't huge so could get a bit cramped.

Marmaris itself is ok - lots of restaurants but you can't walk past them without being continually bugged to come in - got a bit tiresome. Found a really good area though called Netsel Marina (over a small bridge after walking right round the marina as far as you can go) - there's a couple of good restaurants there which were much more relaxed and we'd recommend."

• Travel date: Fri 26th of May 2006

sunrise is a great hotel

"lovely clean hotel friendly staff beds changed at least every other day good position on the main road with buses every five minutes Nice dining room with good choice Nice Lounge Large swimming Pool Could not fault it Would highly reccomend it"

• Travel date: Mon 1st of May 2006

lovely

Good

"This is such a lovely hotel so nice and clean, the best in marmaris

marmaris is a great place the people are really friendly and make you feel so welcome!

If you stay at the sunrise i would like to tell you where to go, if you come out of the hotel by the main road turn right walk down a bit and cross over the road! there is a restaurant called al fresco. it is the best food i have ever eatren in my life! next door to that is a pub called british pub!! you just go up the stairs and it is a fab pub they have a robbie williams lookalike that works there!!! elvis, baris, doir and dale are all amazing!

you will love marmaris"

• Travel date: Wed 28th of December 2005

3rd time in hotel and standards remain high.

"My fiancee and i have stayed in this hotel for the third time now. the standards of cleaness and service are outstanding nothing is ever too much trouble. The maids are so friendley many of the time we had little gifts left in our room on our beds which are clean sheets every day. i really can't praise this hotel up enough. Yet again i've booked up already for next year. TIP don't wait to get a late booking with this hotel cause you've no chance. another good thing this hotel offers is a great location. if you want your nightlife and eat out which, i really recomend not because the food is bad in the hotel because it's not, just because there are some fantastic restaraunts just 10 mins walk away, and once you've had enough you can walk back along the beutiful moon light beach to a quiet pleasent bar.
YOU MUST TRY!!!!!!!!!! YOU WILL LOVE IT."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of September 2005

Fantastic hotel

Good

"I went to this hotel in August 2005 with my son and daughter. I have to say that it was one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. The hotel is immaculately clean, and the hotel staff were excellent. We booked on half board, and found the food excellent at both breakfast and dinner. Our room overlooked the pool and sea and was well furnished, but space was at a premium with 3 in a room. The bathroom was well kitted out and kept very
clean. A nice touch were the sandwiches they brought to us on arrival at 03.00. I certainly reccomend this hotel."

• Travel date: Sun 11th of September 2005

Excellent!!!!!

"My partner and I visited the Surise hotel in August. It was amazing. I've never been to Turkey before but I have to say they are the most friendly people I have ever met (although they do like the women!!). The hotel was beautiful and had loads to offer. It is situated right on the beach front and as we were placed in one of the suits the view was fantastic. Turkey is wonderful and the markets are really entertaining it's worth a visit. We are going back next year and hopefully staying in the sunrise again. Would highly recommend."

• Travel date: Tue 21st of December 2004

Absolutely Fantastic

"My husband and I along with my 8 year old son stayed at the Sunrise Hotel in Marmaris in August. I can honestly say it was the best hotel and holiday we have ever had. This was my first time to Turkey and was a bit apprehensive about the cleanliness of the place, etc. I couldn't have been more wrong. This was the cleanest resort and hotel I have ever been in.

The hotel was absolutely spotless, if fact, even on the streets there was never even so much as a cigarette stump on the floor - it was really rather weird.

The staff around the pool area are great. The hotel has its own free beds on the beach right outside the hotel. Usually on other holidays we plan a day down at the beach but here you could leave all your stuff round by the pool and pop into the sea without any trouble.

If there were no beds available by the pool area the bar staff would immediately go to the beach and bring you an extra bed - no trouble at all.

The food was delicious. I've never seen such a huge array of salads, etc. for evening meal. The breakfast was great too.

One tip, take plenty of £10 notes with you, because when you go to buy your 'designer' bags in the shops they readily take them off you. Don't pay more than £10 for anything. There are great shops just facing the hotel, its not necessary to have to go to the markets, you'll pick up good deals in any of the shops.

The day after we returned from this holiday, we immediately went to the travel agents and have booked again for next year. I've never done this before. I'm excited already and can't wait for next year."

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of December 2004

A wonderful holiday and a great hotel

"We have been going to this hotel for the last 10 years so that alone speaks for itself. It is a very clean and tidy modern hotel and the staff are fantastic and so friendly and the choice of food is also very good one is spoils for choice, cant rate it highly enough "

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of June 2014

Excellent location

"The Hotel Sunrise Marmaris
We stayed here has part of a cruise and stay fortnight we did a week on the Thomson celebration from the 10th of September the second week we stayed here.
The hotel is excellent, the location cannot be faulted, you have a very modern structure although it is to be renovated over the winter months, but to me it was already of a very high standard.
We were on the fourth floor in room 408. The rooms are great the air conditioning works very well the pool is ok but not very good for children, has there is no shallow end, its directly on the beach and there are plenty of sun beds although if you want a poolside location in the sun you need to do it the German way and put a towel down before eight in the morning.
We travelled has a couple and it’s excellent for adults but we would not use this Hotel with young children it just doesn’t have the facilities.
We went bed and breakfast and we couldn’t fault the breakfast it was mainly continental style but also you could have very good omelettes made to order along with a few warm items beans and such.
We did not enjoy the barbecue night as much as we should have lots of cold stuff and salads e t c but not enough cooked meats.
If you do attend the barbecue don’t give the ginger tom cat any meat I threw it some chicken and beef and it just left it on the floor I ended up having to clean it up with a tissue, I can only presume it is too well fed, or the damn things retarded.
The Hotel provides tea and coffee making equipment but it doesn’t actually leave you any sachets of the stuff to make owt what’s the point in providing the service if you haven’t the wherewithal to actually make a drink.
There are plenty of shops and eating places nearby, and some bank machines including HSBC just outside the front door on the main road. I should mention that this road is the biggest drawback to this hotel its bloody lethal take extreme care when crossing it there is no safe place to cross so be very aware of the traffic it comes thick and fast from all directions.
We tried several places for lunch the Greasy Spoon, the Purple Garden and the Three Brothers none of which impressed us a great deal; we may have ordered the wrong meals.
But the highlight of the area for fine food has to be the Samdan restaurant just across the road the food was excellent we ate there six nights and every meal was a good experience, after the rather lacklustre food we had partaken of on the Celebration this place was a joy to behold its very clean and well laid out the staff are fantastic and always make you welcome, you don’t have the problems with dogs and cats pestering you when you are eating I don’t suppose many can survive the horrendous main road it sounds a bit cruel but it definitely must act as a natural culling method for the many stray animals you expect in Turkey.
Would we visit this Hotel again yes despite the few problems it’s an excellent Hotel and the food in the Samdan is of a far higher quality than anything we had on the ship so yes it’s a grand hotel for adults, but we wouldn’t take our Grandkids it has nothing for young children.

• Travel date: Tue 18th of September 2012

Hotels near Sunrise Hotel

Stayed at Sunrise Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Sunrise Hotel

• JamesB by JamesB

"You will not find a better hotel in Marmaris "

• Toldo west yorkshire by Toldo west yorkshire

"Take care when crossing the road "

• hawklord by hawklord

"Samdams favourite restaurant and Pamukkale must have experience . "

• blue lagoon by blue lagoon

"the 3 palms on the harbour side,sweet corner and infinety "

• love marmaris by love marmaris

"Hotel is close to the beach and the sea and there is a lovely walk to the marina "

• j.williamson. by j.williamson.

"use purple garden opposite sunrise,ondas and jade owners,good bar. "

• lambert by lambert

"Went on a boat trip booked with Ali Baba right outside hotel on beach front. £12 all in "

• turkeyluva by turkeyluva

"shopping is great especially opposite the hotel "

Sunrise Hotel is also called