Laberna Hotel

Cildir Mahallesi 178 Sokak 9, Marmaris 48700 Turkey

Good

PERFECT

Reviewed Thu 15th of January 2015

"We went there as a family and had a great time. During our experience the staff were fantastic , helpful and smiley. The food was not perfect but we always found something to eat according to our tastes. The location of the hotel is brilliant. Just 10 min. walk away from the beach and the clubs are on the beach, too. We booked lots of day trips with Ozzy(owner of the hotel) and got great deals. We will be there again this summer in June and September. Never listen to the bad reviews go with an open mind."

• Travel date: Thu 15th of January 2015

Brilliant Hotel & Staff

Reviewed Mon 19th of July 2010

"What to say about the Balci in Marmaris, well we thought it would be bad to okay but in fact it was excellent.

First the couple of almost complaints the rooms were quite small but adequate for us, no mini-fridge in the older rooms (they were upgrading when we were there all the new rooms have mini-fridges), the pressure on the shower was phenomenal but this meant the bathroom flooded quite easily, this dried out quickly though usually by the time you got back again they've sorted this in the updated rooms. The manager said that by next year all the rooms will have changed over and he showed us the upgraded rooms. Air-conditioning was available in every room although you had to pay a charge for this.

For the rest the maid service was excellent they came every day, the bar/restarant staff were excellent as well couldn't be friendlier, reception staff surprisingly again were excellent and very friendly. Like I said above the manager showed us around when we'd got talking to him and was really nice.

Every where was clean and the food was very nice. Same with drinks they made cocktails and other drinks measure as usual were holiday strong and not UK measures so you had to be careful. They ran a tab for things like food and drinks but were happy to let you pay when you wanted. Some people waited till the end of the holiday we paid every morning.

Pool was a good size, we seen some that would barely fit four people, it also had a water slide. Pool was open 08:00-18:00 and was cleaned at the end of every night.

So to sum up excellent hotel, wonderful people, a great holiday and only 5 minutes from the beach!"

• Travel date: Mon 19th of July 2010

A friend and I booked for a 2 week holid...

Reviewed Tue 16th of September 2008

"A friend and I booked for a 2 week holiday in Turkey for a nice relaxing break, it was far from it!!

The staff mithered us day and night. Some even followed us to a club on a night out! The food was shocking, serving bread and butter for breakfast is hardly substantial!

The security guard at the hotel was rude, and on several occassions staff tried to come into our room, so we had to keep putting on the chain!

On days out we took most of our stuff with us and left it over the road with a little Italian man who ran a small cafe! One of the clearners in the hotel even told us that the staff had been in our rooms!

I couldn't wait to get home, and the only time we spent in the hotel during the second week was to sleep, and on 3 of those nights, we didn't go back!!

Would not reccomend hotel to anyone!! Would of been better off camping on the beach!"

• Travel date: Tue 16th of September 2008

this hotel was probably the worst i have...

Reviewed Wed 10th of September 2008

"this hotel was probably the worst i have ever stayed in. the rooms are very basic and the showers very small. eating was a joke we were all inclusive but we ate out every night as the food i wouldnt have given to my cat. was only a couple of brittish people there, the hotel is full of danes and germans. cant say the staff were friendly quite miserable really. no entertainment on at all at any time of day. made to feel like a child when all your drinks are served in coloured plastic beakers even at nite time. overall a very poor hotel and would not recommend it to anyone"

• Travel date: Wed 10th of September 2008

read lots of reviews so was expecting th...

Reviewed Thu 4th of September 2008

"read lots of reviews so was expecting the worse but to be honest was much worse than i thought. we are not fussy eaters but we lived on bread and butter for two days hoping something edible would be served but we gave up and ate out for the rest of our holiday and when you pay for all inclusive it works out quite costly.the small amount of english guests feltthe same as us and some had children with them so cost them loads to eat out too. most of the guests are danish and hotel does cater for them not the english the room was small and shabby shower floodes every time we used. good points were pool staff drinks and great location only 5 mins to beach and shops. we went 3 times to the mayfair restaraunt where you get a 5 course english meal for around 10 pound each was lovely.would also recomend the jeep safari and day trip to rhodes."

• Travel date: Thu 4th of September 2008

When I read the reviews that were on her...

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2007

"When I read the reviews that were on here already I must admit that I would have cancelled if I could! The hotel was far from perfect; rooms were small and not very well kept, shower very small and never cleaned!

Food was terrible- rice every day.

Very noisy at night when people check in at stupid hours!

Overall I would not return to the Balci but we made a terrible hotel into a laugh but were glad to come home.

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of October 2007

I went to this hotel with my family and...

Good
Reviewed Wed 5th of September 2007

"I went to this hotel with my family and had a really nice time, staff try and help you as much as they can but their English is not good. Rooms are basic, but clean shower is tiny - good luck to any one bigger than a size 10. The only real down fall is that because it is shaped in a square all noise echoes up the middle of the building so it can be noisy at night.

Pool is bigger than it looks in pictures. Food is ok at the hotel, basic but nice. It was nice to be set up from the main strip but you have to visit Micheals on the way down lovely people and they do great food. Overall hotel was good for what we paid.

Going back to Marmaris in October really nice town plenty to do. I would definitely recommend."

• Travel date: Wed 5th of September 2007

This is the worst hotel I’ve ever been...

Reviewed Fri 24th of August 2007

"This is the worst hotel I’ve ever been to. well actually we weren’t even in the Balci we were across the road in the Seven Hotel that they have just bought.

The food was terrible, same thing every night apart from the meat! Breakfast was between 8-10 and was bread salad and cereal. Lunch was 12.30 - 2, this was ok, you could order from the menu pizza's, omelettes, burgers etc. And then evening meal was at 8.I have never seen a hotel where there is nothing to eat from 2-8 when it’s all inclusive!

We ate there for the first 3 nights and that’s it!

The staff are friendly but can’t understand a word of English! Which is not very helpful...

The room is awful and very very small... the shower was so small there was no room to wash your hair! It also had no doors which meant the room got soaking wet and had its own river!

When we booked we told we would have a TV, there was no TV, but we did have a fridge.. we took this up with the manager one night and when we came home from a meal on the beach we walked in to the room and to our surprise there was... ANOTHER FRIDGE!!!

We went to reception and the removed the fridge and gave us a TV that didn’t even work so we just gave up!

The only thing good was the pool although it was 1.8 meters deep and no one could touch the floor!

Would not recommend this hotel to any one!"

• Travel date: Fri 24th of August 2007

This hotel is now called seven superior....

Reviewed Fri 24th of August 2007

"This hotel is now called seven superior. Don’t go there!

Don’t be fooled by the new name there is nothing new about his hotel. The rooms are scruffy, ours had footprints up the wall. It had the smallest shower in the world; our tiny balcony overlooked a yard full of chickens and a cockerel that woke us up at 4 every morning. The towels and sheets are only changed every 3 days; luckily we found the laundry cupboard on 3rd floor.

The food was awful. Just bread rolls, meat and cheese. Something that looks like cornflakes but tasted like wood shavings. The cups were stained and the milk jugs looked like they were growing something nasty.

We had no hot water for 5 nights, when we complained the manager said it wasn’t his problem. When we complained again he told us to shower at 9.30 in the morning.
After that he refused to speak to us for the rest of the holiday.

the pool area was the best thing about the hotel that’s probably why its the only picture they show in the brochures.

• Travel date: Fri 24th of August 2007

Just came back from a weeks holiday at t...

Reviewed Wed 22nd of August 2007

"Just came back from a weeks holiday at the Balci hotel with my girlfriend. We arrived at 4.30am and after an initial wait and slight problem with our check-in a man carried my girlfriends suitcase (I could have done this myself) up 1 flight of stairs to show us our room.

We were very disappointed with the room at first and even more annoyed that the man stood waiting at the door for a tip (not that I'm tight, just at 5am and getting a very tiny room we were a little narked!). We had booked a double room and got 2 single beds. We pushed the beds together but they do easily slide apart so we waited until the morning to speak to someone regarding it. We spoke to the guy on reception who said there was nothing he could do about it but didn't really try to help (I'm now convinced that this was the problem he encountered when we went to check-in but he didn't tell us that).

The room is VERY small as is the bathroom with a tiny corner shower that you cant really move about in. BUT we were on holiday so wouldn't be spending much time in the room and put this issue behind us.

The next issue is we had booked all inclusive which to me means EVERYTHING should be all inclusive. Soft drinks were available from between 11am-11pm and alcoholic drinks from between 12.30pm-12am. Alcoholic drinks were limited to a set menu (local brew lager, vodka, raki) not really any good if your not a big fan of any of the above. I will say I probably drank more than my fair share of lager but I'm not a fan of vodka and neither is my girlfriend which meant if we wanted anything else then we had to pay.

Meal times for all inclusive were set... breakfast was 8am-10am, lunch was 12.30-2pm and dinner was 8pm-10pm. Breakfast is a buffet, dinner you order from a menu with a limited choice (the full menu was not available with all inclusive, only a certain few meals, the rest you had to pay for, which to me says its not fully all inclusive). Lunch is a buffet. The food is quite nice but if you are a picky eater you may struggle to find anything that will fit your taste with all inclusive at this hotel. Mealtime is a nightmare, it is disorganised chaos. We were sat at a table from 12.15pm and didn't receive the food we ordered until after 2.30pm!! There is NO snack facility in between the set times for meals meaning you have to pay for anything you want!

Now the most annoying thing for me... I'm a non-smoker, my girlfriend is an ex-smoker, and the majority of the people at this hotel seem to be smoker's. This isn't a problem for me, I don't mind people smoking, its their life its up to them if they smoke, I personally don't want to breathe it in but I share this space just the same as other people so they are entitled in my view to do what they want. HOWEVER I really don't want to be breathing in a mouth full of smoke when I am eating a meal. It makes me physically sick and to be perfectly honest its very rude! BUT this is exactly what you get at every single meal time. There is no courtesy, no-one asks if you mind them smoking even though your sitting down to a meal. At one point we had a table of 6 Germans on 1 side of our table and 4 French on the other and out of them 10 people I think only 1 wasn't smoking and that's because he was about 5 years old! This itself would have been enough to put me off booking at this hotel in the first place!"

• Travel date: Wed 22nd of August 2007

This was the worst hotel I've ever staye...

Reviewed Sat 13th of January 2007

"This was the worst hotel I've ever stayed in, and I've stayed in a lot all over the world!

The staff were surly and unwelcoming. The manager was downright rude. The facilities were abysmal and the service non existent.

The hygiene was terrible! The first morning I went down for breakfast. The cups were stacked neatly ready to use (about 60 of them). Every single one was dirty and unusable.

When I pointed this out to the waiter offered me a plastic beaker (approx 1 pint capacity) to use. I told him it was not suitable.

The tiles on the bedroom floor were broken. The shower leaked constantly. The electric socket which activated the power on room entry was hanging off the wall.

The balcony overlooked a backyard full of rubbish and a poor mangy dog.

Not only that, the storage was especially bad and the whole hotel had a look of neglect.

Two good things came out of this holiday - Thomas Cook's rep Tim was wonderful, he found us alternative accommodation immediately and I can now tell everyone I know what rubbish the Balci is.

There is so much more I could say but it would only make me sound obsessively vengeful so I'll leave it at that. Buyer- beware!"

• Travel date: Sat 13th of January 2007

had a fantastic time

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"We had a fantastic week at the Balci. Staff brillient even went to find dvd player for children to watch jeep safari but only had vhs recorder.children loved learning turkish dances with staff .Pool lovely ,rooms small but it was'nt a problem for us.eating out we went round the corner to first rainbow lovely meals all week. Went on jeep safari and lazy day cruise all inclusive for £65 english pounds for 4adults & 4 children very cheap days out .We are now planning to go back next year.all in all a fantastic holiday had by all can't wait for next year."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of October 2006

Hotels near Laberna Hotel

Stayed at Laberna Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Laberna Hotel

• shellyscotland by shellyscotland

"Brilliant Hotel & Staff "

• maryhutton by maryhutton

"Certainly try the Turkish Bath on your first day. You will have a tan right away and the turkish bath in the hotel is a l ot cheaper compare to others. "

Laberna Hotel is also called