Hibiscus Hotel

Armutalan Mah., Armutalan 48700 Turkey

Brilliant Holiday!

Good

"Got back from our holiday on 10th June - haven't stopped crying since!! I went with five other girls after we had completed our finals at univeristy for a relaxing week of fun in the sun and the holiday exceeded our expectations. It was the first time I had been to Turkey and I absolutely loved it, Marmaris is a lovely town with plenty to see and do - great for shopping. I picked up a pair of Replay jeans for £20 and one of my friends got a Prada bag for £60 - you could spend a fortune on all the lovely bags!
The Hibiscus Gardens are great - very clean apartments and pool area is good. The rooms are cleaned on a daily basis. We found the staff exceptionally friendly and welcoming. They went out of their way to make our stay as enjoyable as possible and killed us with kindness. They even accompanied us on many a night out on the town, looked out for us and showed us all the best places to go - Mesut, Franky, Jose and Oz - we miss you all loads and are already planning our next visit!!! Don't waste money on getting taxis to and fro the apartments, when heading into Marmaris town centre simply hop on the bus for 1 lira (roughly 40p). The bus stop is just at the end of the road as you turn left when you come out Hibiscus Gardens and it comes every 10 minutes - but if you're unsure ask one of the staff and they will show you. We loved getting the "venga bus" into town every night - but we usually got taxis home!
All in all you're guarunteed to have a fantastic stay at the Hibsicus Gardens - HAPPY HOLIDAY!
P.S. Big shout out to our "poolside mum and dad" from Stoke, hope your both well."

• Travel date: Sun 25th of June 2006

Clean rooms great pools

Good

"Recently stayed here for 1 week with my mother. Clean rooms and pool area lovely. Staff couldve been more attentive, offering drinks by the poolside etc, we were only offered once during the whole week. Reception staff extremely unhelpful, i had flowers delivered which stayed there until late in the afternoon, nearly dead by the time i got them! Dont ask them for directions etc they havent a clue or maybe plain ignorance!
Overall marmaris is good very hot, lots to do. The hotel complex is one of the better in turkey having been there several times. Enjoy!"

• Travel date: Tue 20th of June 2006

Fab hol best yet

"Got back from hibiscus two days ok.miss everyone already!!
The staff are really friendly and can't do enough to help you and make you feel at ease.I went with family (a group of 10)but the lads took me clubbing and made sure i had a good time and looked after me really well.Made sure there was no trouble what so ever.

Their Turkish night is great.The entertainment was great and is well worth the money.Belly dancer, turkish folk dancers and after the lads get you up for their own little dance show.
Booked alredy for next year at same time with friends.

Town is not that far away only a jump on the bus which costs around 1 lira and your there in two mins.Nightlife great specially bar street got a taxi back from there at only 5 lira which works out at about £1.50.
Talk of the town which is a bar on the front is a great night.it's 3 men doing drag acts well worth watching if you have time!!
Overall had a great holiday and is one to rememeber!!
Thanks lads for a fab time and making us feel welcome."

• Travel date: Sat 17th of June 2006

Fab holiday

"My wife and i have just returned from a two week spell at Habiscus Gardens. We have never been to Turkey before, it was a present from our Son Kevin.
Where do we start, all i can say is that you will have a fab time there. We read all the reviews before we went out and relaxed from day one. The staff are all so friendly, Shukru on reception, Ozzy, Frankie, Masut, Sam and all the cleaners and especially the hard working gardener that looks after the gardens with such affection. We went to the Reps night with Airtours it cost 25 pounds each, don't bother going, Pub crawl also free T shirt then you get a very weak shot then you have to pay the highest drinks prices in Marmaris after. We went to Antalya to the Turkish mud baths, and the 40 degree hot pool, which is full of chemicals but is very soothing to the old muscles,but the smell is putrid, on this trip you will bathe at the Turtle beach, which was very nice, we paid 11 pounds each, with Airtours it was 21 pounds. We also did the Lazy Day cruise on an all inclusive deal all for 8 pounds each.
Eating out we went to many different restaurants which were all good meals, we can recommend Cinders restaurant, turn left at gates, the first on the right, where you will be wined and dined by hosts Ahmet and Phil from Bolton, waiters Andy and Freddy were always full of good humour. We met some really nice people at Habiscus both staff and Holiday makers, to the Scottish girls, I am pool side Daddy, good luck in your degree results.Another hint, Air conditioning costs 30 pounds for 1 week, and 55 pounds for 2 weeks, do not pay it, you can hire a free standing fan with three settings for 15 pounds for 2 weeks from reception. We have exchanged adresses with alot of people at Habiscus, which is a total credit to all the staff at the hotel, If you are thinking of going to Turkey do not go anywhere other than the Habiscus, you will be back, just like we will soon. Shopping you can get 15 pairs of designer undies for 10 pounds, many different style T shirts 8 for 10 pounds or better quality shirts 4 for 20 pounds, belts, jeans, all bargain prices. It can get a bit on your nerves when you go out and at each restaurant or bar you are hassled to eat with them, but you will get used to it, and at the end of the holiday you will have all the right answers. So to all you jammy so and so's that are going to the Habiscus this summer well done and enjoy, we spoke to a family that had been to this place 9 times already. THANKS TO YOU ALL, AND WE WILL BE BACK."

• Travel date: Sat 17th of June 2006

best holiday ever!

"I have just got back from Marmaris this morning, having spent the week at the Hibiscus Gardens with 5 other girls, and we loved every minute of it! The nightlife and weather in Marmaris is fantastic, and the hotel itself is great. I couldn't find anything to complain about, and the staff went out of their way to make sure we had a great holiday. Huge thanks to Oz, Ozzay, Frankie and Masut for giving us a fab holiday , and taking us out clubbing and I hope we'll be back to see them really soon!"

• Travel date: Fri 9th of June 2006

First holiday without mum and dad!!

Good

"Well It this was my first holiday without my mum and dad, and i went to Hibiscus with my boyfriend!
We had a fantastic time! It was my boyfriends first time away and now we are home he keeps begging me to book to go again! We loved it!
The rooms are basic but very clean! your room gets cleaned everyday without fail and the bed sheets are changed daily! And if your lucky on your last day the cleaners put rose petals on your bed in the shape of a heart! he he!
The staff are so friendly! they do so much to keep you entertained! The pools were clean and lovely! If you come out of Hibiscus turn left and then a little up the road on the right is a restaraunt called Cinders! I really reconmend it! The food is wonderful and the people are so friendly its unbeliveable me and my boyfriend felt like royalty the whole holiday!
The only problem we came across was that they only supply one toilet roll during your stay, but the supermarket across the road sells some and cheap!
I would really reccomend Hibiscus, its such a lovely place with lovely people and its in such a great location! not in the centre of the town but a nice 10 minute walk!
Would reccomend the extertions aswell but dont book with your rep! far to expensive! come out of Hiciscus turn right then turn right again thats were loads of shops are! And book with one of the men! We went on Turkish Bath (lovely) Blue Cruise ( wonderful) jeep Safari (madness)! Well im sure you can tell i loved this holiday, and would reccomend it to anyone! Were going back in October!!!!! he he! hope this helps!"

• Travel date: Tue 6th of June 2006

good stuff!!

"I had the best holiday here, i cant wait to go back. The hotel was soo clean, infact it was spotless. Staff could not do enough for you and were always around to help.

The barstaff made the holiday, they were so friendly and extremely funny - Frankie, Ozzy & Mesut i miss them already they really made me laugh!

The food at the hotel restaurant is really good and not expensive, drinks available at your sunbed all day on a tab, what more could you want from a relaxing holiday!

The rooms were very big with a separate lounge and kitchen, we had 2 balconies with great views of the pool, mountains and the gardens (which are so well kept its lush).

I couldnt fault this hotel or the staff, and the weather in May was fantastic, take me back i'm depressed now im home!!"

• Travel date: Wed 24th of May 2006

superb apartments staff and cleaners

"my first time staying in the hibiscus gardens. the staff were excellent, cleaners in every day . The apartments are first class and well maintained. The staff cant do enough for you and all speak good english. The food is excellent and you should also pay for the turkish night they put on. This is well worth the money approx £7 per head. also if you like a change try cinders restaurant about 50 yards from the gardens. they have excellent staff in hamed and happy jimmy. You will find this a nice relaxing atmosphere with excellent food. Dont pay for starter as you get a starter that nearly fills you when you order a main course. would give the hibiscus gardens 10 out of 10 and will be making a point of going back next year"

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of May 2006

Very Clean & Friendy - loved It!!!!

"We have just returned from staying in the Hibiscus Gardens, 01.05.06.

We only satyed here for the Bank Holiday weekend it was a last min deal. Wow was I suprised with this place.

It was soooooooo clean you could eat your food of the floors. the staff were brilliant they could not do enough for us. for exapmle when we arrived there was one young man taking everyones cases to their rooms and would not let us carry them, he came into the room and explained the elcetricity ect... and did not expect a tip at all. Also in the room was a bolttle of wine a two wine glasses courtisy of the hotel, that in itself is a lovely touch.

On our last day my boyfriend and I were waiting for our coach to pick us up from the airport and I fancied a coffee from the pool bar, my boyfriend went to get one and then within minutes the bus came, and I had to drink it quikly. Then the man that was in charge of the gardens came over and took my cup off me to save me taking it back to the pool bar.... i know its only a small thing he did for me but thats just how friendly they are at this hotel.

The pool was very very clean and gardens are very well kept. Tthe food at the pool bar is gorgus too, an english breakfast cost 5 Lira about £2.50 and wow was it a breakfast. Freshly cooked and very tasty indeed.

Our room was made up every day and the towels were made into swans on the bed each time...nice touch.. I have only ever seen that done in the Carribean.

We had a twin bedded apartment, large kitched/dinning area and two balconies. the bathroom in our room was huge.

The only one small thing It could say negative, is that if you like to be in the centre of all the action and dont like to venture out and about at night this is not the place for you, as it is about a 10-15 minute walk to the main area and beach. We however, did not mind this, as we were able to sleep at night, if you stay too near the centre, the clubs and bars dont close until 4am so I imagin it would be difficult to sleep. Only once we got a taxi back to the hotel and it cost us 7lira about £3. Other than the fact that it is a little way out of town, on the whole, Hibiscus Apartments are fantastic!!!!!!!

Anyone travelling to this Hotel would find it difficult to find a major fault with it.

10/10 Cleaniness
10/10 freindlyness
10/10 food
10/10 Room
8/10 Location"

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of May 2006

Love It Dere .. It Was Da Best !!!!!

Good

"right .. this apartment i thought was nice and clean .. the cleaners would clean your room every day or every other day depending. they where very friendly. the people in the bar was lovley to talk to and you could have a right old laugh with them.
if u av kids then they wont get bored as kids playgroud there , mini golf , game of pool.

By the way am a KID me self and i love this place ..

This is my 2nd time iv stayed here so i know that it is good and i like it !!!
cause if i didnt like it then i wudnt be back but i am !!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 15th of February 2006

hibiscus gardens

"Right here goes iv read a lot of reviews on here and after 7 yes 7 consecutive years of visiting hibiscus gardens(which speaks for itself) iv NOT got a bad word to say about it.
I wont lie i have some teething problems(not every visit) on arrival which has been either been sorted same or next day without any problems (just tell reception).
The staff is fantastic i luv them all old and new,also the food is gorgeous no matter what or when you order please wait as its freashly made and very nice.
The complex for me is perfectly placed in marmaris as its out of range for loud music from club scene but also very close to beach and nightlife.
To be honest i could go on how good this place is all night but iv gotta go book again for next year
ps
holiday watchdog place this as a 2 star hotel now im no expert but its atleast 3 star all day long depending on what your expecting.
BRILLIANT PLACE FOR COUPLES AND FAMILIES"

• Travel date: Thu 30th of May 2013

Best two weeks of my entire life!!

"I returned yesterday from two weeks in Marmaris staying at Hibiscus 1 & 2, please please ignore the two prior reviews to this one because they are so wrong. My two weeks at this hotel were the best of my entire life! There isn't one thing I could fault about hibiscus. The food was great, the price was fair, everywhere was spotless and the staff were amazing! I am so glad I stayed here and would recommend it to everyone! I had the most incredible time, have countless amazing memories and have made some of the best friends ever who I won't lose contact with and plan on seeing again next year, or sooner if I can afford it! All the staff were so friendly and really looked after us. Being four teenage girls in Turkey we recieved a lot of hassle from some turkish men, when we told the staff they were able to advise us on where to go and where to avoid and even brought us out a few times. It is suitable for all! families with teenagers, young children, older couples, young couples and first teen holidays! there is a little of something for everyone :) I have fallen in love with Marmaris, Turkey, Hibiscus 1&2 and the people there! see you all again soon. merhaba arkedes! jimmy, cj, dave, 'cheeky face', bruce :)

• Travel date: Tue 14th of August 2012

Hotels near Hibiscus Hotel

Stayed at Hibiscus Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Hibiscus Hotel

• wales08 by wales08

"great place whether it peace and quiet or a livly place your looking for "

• nicoleharvey by nicoleharvey

"Amazing town..lovely places to visit and have fun at "

• nicoleharvey by nicoleharvey

"Cousins and Veronica's "

• nodrog16 by nodrog16

"good food at Hibiscus and Cousins "

• manc456 by manc456

"selina restaraunt jeep safari "

• Beccckii by Beccckii

"absoulutly brilliant for families and partiers. "

• sally kirby by sally kirby

"loved marmaris and eveything it had to offer! everyone is so friendly and happy to help. "

• sally kirby by sally kirby

"cousins bar, cafe aysha,the terraced restuarant,jeep safari and many more "

• jayne foreman by jayne foreman

"it was clean and the food and the people are friendly and helpful "

• jayne foreman by jayne foreman

"Sunny Rose and the Malibu Beach resturant "

• Diz Dee by Diz Dee

"New York in Armutalan. Chinturk and Mandarin Oriental (Slow Service but nice food)in Marmaris "

• greenangeleyes by greenangeleyes

"Marmaris is great just not the Habiscus Gardens Apartments "

• greenangeleyes by greenangeleyes

"Cousins 2 Restaurant and would recommend the Jeep safari and Cleopatra Beach trip....fab day! "

• SunLover10 by SunLover10

"great service, the staff are immense. "

• Cally by Cally

"It is very nice and can't wait to go back there! "

• saz by saz

"iff your goin on a family trip or dont drink that much i wouldnt choose this hotel "

• ac by ac

"the cousins bar a short walk down the road provides good entertainment as do many others "

• Amy J by Amy J

"all the site seeing around marmaris "

• Daniel H by Daniel H

"aby problems talk to staff they are great and will do anything to please "

Hibiscus Hotel is also called