Grand Pasa Hotel

Armutalan Mah. 129. Sok. No : 11, Marmaris 48700 Turkey

lovely hotel

Good

"We went as a party of 13 people. We all range in ages from 4years to 40 years. The hotel entrance and reception was stunning and rooms were clean and tidy with nice touches added in. Restaurant had nice food although if we had been there for two weeks it may have become slightly repetitive.The restaurant staff were very helpful.We had 4 children with us and the day time kids club entertainer had no interest in keeping the kids amused.She left club to sunbath,left lighter next to paper in club room and other child got found wondering half way up stairs to waterslides. kids disco at night was great but dont expect childcare through day,it only opens when they feel like it. Night time entertainment staff worked hard although alot more varied things could be done, after all it is 5*. In having said that i would visit again. In talking to people about hotel,most agreed with my comments. Grand Pasa should take these reviews on board as it is almost a perfect hotel."

• Travel date: Thu 13th of August 2009

The best holiday ever!!

"I stayed with two friends at the Grand Pasa in July and we all absolutely loved it! The staff were very friendly, I found they all spoke very good English, the hotel was as clean as they come and the facilities were excellent! I don't understand how anyone could give this hotel a bad review!

The Trukish baths are fantastic in the hotel and I would recommend the exfoliation and hot oil massage to everyone!!

We couldn't complain about the food either, don't go to Turkey if you don't want to at least try a bit of their food! I have to say though, even if you do not like Turkish cuisine there is plenty to choose from that will satisfy almost anybody.

I cannot recommend this hotel enough, I really can't."

• Travel date: Tue 11th of August 2009

loud musıc spoils a perfect 10

"I would defınately gıve thıs hotel a 10, if it was not for the deafenıng techno musıc played round the pool for 4 hours a day. I understand there are younger people who lıke ıt but surely it doesnt need to be played at ear splıttıng decıbels.
It ıs so load that you can not hear your ıpod and physıcally gave me a headache and as the pool area ıs quıte small for the number of guests there ıs no escape from it.
Other than thıs everythıng else ıs absolutley excellent staff, food, room, all really top notch.

• Travel date: Wed 1st of July 2009

Gran Pasa - Lives up to the reviews

Good

"This was our first holiday in Turkey, so we decided to play it safe and book an all inclusive. We were impressed with the online reviews of the Gran Pasa, so decided to give it a try. The hotel certainly lived up to our expectations. The rooms and public areas are excellent ... and kept spotlessly clean by an army of cleaners and maintenance staff. The food was good, but you have to be prepared to try the local cuisine ... as there are very few 'English dishes'. You're also entitled to one meal in the a la carte restaurant as part of the all-inclusive deal. Drinks are plentiful. Soft drinks, water and coffee are available 'on tap'. Alcoholic drinks are served at the bar. Service was good during the day, however only one bar was open during the evenings, which meant that it sometimes took ages to get served. Hopefully this will be sorted out before the season gets into full swing. The entertainment was limited during the day and practically non-existent in the evenings. A typical evening comprised the kids disco followed by a single game of bingo. As an alternative, there are a number of nice bars and restaurants in the immediate area, however you feel reluctant to use these when you have 'free drinks' back at the hotel.
The hotel is a 2-3 minute walk from the main road. From there you can catch a dolmus (mini-bus) into Marmaris town centre (1.5TL) or Icemeler (2 TL). This is a great service and really easy to use. You could obviously walk instead. If that's your preference, then just head for the promenade. It takes roughly an hour in either direction, but watch out for the bar and restaurant owners (particularly when heading for Marmaris) as they will try to entice you in for a drink.
The Thomas Cook rep, Katie, is excellent. She's lived in Marmaris for 15 years , so is very knowledgeable about the area. It's well worth attending the welcome meeting (only 30 minutes), but you may prefer to book your excursions from the local operators (see 'Actionman' just around the corner), as they are significantly cheaper.
All-in-all an enjoyable holiday."

• Travel date: Sat 9th of May 2009

Gill and Ian Klinkert

"We have just returned from a two weeks hols at this hotel.

I was a little concerned after reading the reviews, but I have to say I'm glad we went along with an open mind as the hotel was everything we needed for a family holiday.

Food - Please don't listen to the negative comments, I sometimes wonder what people expect when they go to another country!!!. The food for all inclusive was perfect as although it was all inclusive, food was served at specific times so it was always fresh and so many choices. There wasn't just Turkey as one review states, there was chicken, veal, pasta, pizza, rice, salad and plenty of veg. A number of dishes were also prepared and cooked in front of you so it was fresh and the kitchen so clean. The chef's were always walking around ensuring the food was replenished and clean. The staff were so helpful and happily replenished our ever evapourating glasses of wine!!!

Rooms - Clean and perfectly adequate for our needs, we didn't spend that much time in there. We also had a view over the pool and a spacious balcony.

Facilities - Indoor pool and spa fab, they don't show this on many websites but for us this was the best bit as the outdoor pool was alittle cold. Beach towels are provided and Sauna, Turkish bath and gym all free. Around the pool there isn't a huge area for sun loungers, thankfully it wasn't to busy when we there but I can imagine it being very cramped during the peak season. The entertainment was a bit hit and miss, the children were well looked after and to be honest bingo and darts isn't my kind of thing so I was happy not to get involved with this.

If you book with a tour operator don't book any trips directly with them, you can get exactly the same from the many stands on route to the centre of Marmaris for a fraction of the price, haggle, haggle, haggle!!! Boat trip and jeep safari were good and both included lunch.

All in all a fab hotel and holiday. For the price you won't get any better in the Marmaris area. We would definately go back.

• Travel date: Tue 28th of April 2009

gran pasa

Good

"was my first holiday abroad but loved every minute of it.the hotel is really nice ans dtaff work hard to please was very hot in end of may about 50 degrees.locals try rip you off when buying clothes but easy to hagel with.they all drive like maniacs though"

• Travel date: Sun 28th of December 2008

Amazing!

"Me and my family just spent 2 weeks at the Grand Pasa Hotel. I dont understand how people can fault this hotel. It is kept beautifully clean, the food is great you could always find something to eat. The staff were very friendly, with a special mention to Emrullah and Nadir. They work very hard and appear to only get one day off every 2 weeks. A warning about Dalaman airport, it is very expensive, so try and get something to eat and drink before you arrive at the airport to go home. It was 8.5 lira for one small cola. Overall this was a fantastic hotel and holiday, i will definetely be returning. "

• Travel date: Sun 26th of October 2008

Beautiful holiday

"A beautiful hotel, really clean, lovely rooms, friendly staff, only downside was lack of entertainment at night but the team work hard thou it would be nice if they put some music on at the pool. Food was lovely a little same ish the second week but you could have eaten something different each night. Al Lacarte was same as main dining room but nice for a change. Drinks were beer, vodka, gine, rum and raki. we used to bring a few drinks to the room and my boyfriend was told no glasses allowed so we just took some from the snack bar in plastic cups. Weather was lovely and always was able to get a sunbed, water slides great fun. Its a stunning hotel and we would def go back!

• Travel date: Fri 24th of October 2008

Wow, wow, wiw!

"I honestly truly cant speak highly enough of this holiday and hotel.

I have just come back from 3 weeks in Marmaris and we stayed at Grand Pasa and it was absolutely fantastic, i cant speak highly enough of it and i have cried 3 times since being back because it was that good.

The staff are unbelievably friendly with special mention to Sabri, Ibo and Emrullah. They will look after you like you are part of their family.

All in all, a brilliant holiday and cant wait to go back there next year for a month!!"

• Travel date: Fri 24th of October 2008

i am putting my veiw on here because the...

"i am putting my veiw on here because the reveiws i read helped and i want to help others. if you are thnking of going here then go in is brilliant . i went with my boyfriend and we absolutly loved it . it is a beautiful hotel and well worth going to. the staff work so hard but still keep a smile on theyre faces . . there is loads of facilities .. all clean.
we would definaltly go back "

• Travel date: Tue 30th of September 2008

Read the reviews before we went and foun...

"Read the reviews before we went and found them praising this hotel, oh how wrong they are. We have never had such a bad holiday. The hotel was very nice decor wise, nodoby on the reception spoke English and before anybody thinks well you are in Turkey what do you expect, it is very hard to communicate if something goes wrong. The room we got was on the top floor which is fine but it took the cleaner nine days to get up there to change the beds. The food was awful it was alright if you liked Turkey twice a day for two weeks, the staff where very rude except for the young waiter in the restaurant he was very polite and nice. Please do not think I make a habit of moaning this is the first time I have ever felt the need to warn people how bad this hotel is. If I could have come home in the first week I would have done. Please think twice before booking."

• Travel date: Tue 30th of September 2008

fantastic hotel very clean ,food great f...

"fantastic hotel very clean ,food great fresh at all meals drinks not to bad night club brill staff very freindly and polite rooms cleaned every day, pool brill we are going back .well worth the 5 star not to far from the beach and local bars if you fancy a night out jeep safari was brill take a tip and buy a water cannon i never stoped laughing from start to finish also take a boat trip fantastic lazy alinclusive day on the diana what a laugh that was too "

• Travel date: Sat 27th of September 2008

Hotels near Grand Pasa Hotel

Stayed at Grand Pasa Hotel? Share your insight.