Good

great beach, terrible food, terrible service

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"this probably is one of the best beaches in Turkey, just awesome. However, the resorts food and service quality has significantly decreased over the years. This is the third time I went there and despite the fantastic beach I am not planning to go again. Priced just way too high for the service they are providing. I was embarassed by the quality of food and hated that first time tourists will think that is Turkish cuisine."

• Travel date: Sun 19th of July 2009

Simply the best

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"This is the best hotel we have ever stayed at in Turkey but as in everything there's some minor gripes, during our evening meal we were plagued by what I though were wasps but was later informed were bees, the cure to this problem was wait until its dark before you eat or dont eat the sea food they seem to prefare the best things on the menu although I didnt hear of anyone getting stung they were just a nuisance my other complaint, the welcome cool strawberry drink as we came through the door after a journey delayed by Thomas Cook Airlines was not large enough. From the minute we entered the hotel until the very sad exit was one long pleasure. I dont normally do this but if can pick out one member of staff I would like to thank April from the "customer team" for her kindness help and always smiling but the rest of the staff were brilliant. Will we be going again next year? No we are both in our late sixties and my wife suffers from asthma and it was just a little bit steep for her also the cost of the holiday next year has rocketed. I wonder if this is a result of word of mouth and great reports on web sites
Maureen and Dave"

• Travel date: Sat 4th of July 2009

FANTASTIC CHILL OUT HOTEL

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"We have just returned from a great holiday at the Select Maris (myself, husband, 17yr old son and his girlfriend 16yrs old). The Hotel is spot on, paying attention to the smallest detail. We normally stay at Hillside beach club in Fethiye, but this year we could not get booked in. So to sum up when we go back to Turkey next year, if we were going to take the teenagers we would go back to Hillside as the moto at the Select Maris is to CHILLAX!!! Teenagers like some entertainment and a nightclub with other people in it! The Select DOES NOT do this.

GOOD POINTS.

On arrival you are welcomed by a group of Staff including the Manager, they give you refreshing drinks along with a ice cold cloth, this was very welcome, they then show you out to the most amazing balcony with views to die for, you sit and have a chat while your check in is done for you. Great start to a great holiday. You are then taken to your rooms, the rooms are nice but nothing to go over board about.

The food!!! I never thought a Hotel could beat Hillside on food, but this Hotel does. What is so special is most evenings you eat in a different location of the Hotel. It really is the best, I wont go into detail as it could spoil your first time but trust me its magical. You eat every lunch time in the Oasis restaurant and this is also very good.

The beaches are great. Service on the beach is good.

The grounds of the area are absolutely brilliant, lots of different area to sit and relax, hammocks, sofas etc.

STAFF. I have to mention two guys that made our Holiday more enjoyable, yes you ONUR AND DENIS. These two went out of their way to make sure our Holiday went off smoothly, they sat with us in the evenings and took all my ribing with good jest. ONUR thought he was the champion at table football untill he met my son!! Hope we see them again one day.

On your departure you get the same fairwell as you did on arrival, they make you feel like they really would like you to stay longer.

DOWN SIDE

Be warned you are in the middle of nowhere, there is no courtesy bus. They do a once a week trip to Marmaris market which is on a Thursday, but they dont leave the hotel untill 11am. We hired a car for one day from the Thomas Cook rep, this worked out cheaper than the four of us getting the trip bus. If you get your own transport dont bother to go to Marmaris market on a Thursday do Icelmer market on a Wednesday it is a much nicer market with much nicer people.

Watch the prices of the drinks!! I was drinking long island ice tea at £13 a drink. Big big bill on our departure.

Its also a long transfer from the airport, you have to go so far on the Thomas Cook bus then they transfer you to a taxi, you start to think how much further???

The main restaurant (la Scala) is not to the high standard as the rest of the Hotel, the service is very very slow in the evening, there is no aircon well not that we could tell anyway, and the tables outside are very limited.

There are very few English people there, mostly Germans. But I must say they were all very polite and there was no fighting for sunbeds.

The DJ in the bar after your meal is fantasic at CLEARING the dance floor, he has no idea how to play to his audience. Such a shame as when he was on his break and the other guy fills in (im so sorry I cant remember his name, we called him crazy eyes) the dance floor was buzzing.

If your looking for a completely relaxing holiday this is the best place ever. If your looking for good entertainment, nightclub, a close town to wander around give this place a miss.

Would I go back, yes absolutely.

The beaches"

• Travel date: Tue 16th of June 2009

Location location location

Reviewed Sun 23rd of December 2012

"Wonderful hotel scenery facilities staff location food exellent, downside rooms little on the small side but acceptable only 2 English channells no sky which was a pity and a rather small TV everything priced in Euros be prepared for a big shock on the drink prices sprite coke 2.50 euros for a small bottle gin and tonic or whisky and lemonade between 9 and 11 euros very small beer 4 euros so take your own we arrived with lots of £ and turkish lirea but even in Marmeris euros is the main price and currency.
But would recommend highly the hotel but like everything else once you have been you are street wise"

• Travel date: Sun 14th of June 2009

EXCELLENT & EXCELLENT & EXCELLENT

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"Words are simply not enough to tell how amazing the hotel & service & staff are.. Everyone is exerting all their powers to make your stay a perfect one.. We, my wife, our baby boy,Berk, and I owe a big " thank you! " to the boys and girls waiting for you at the entrance with their delicious strawberry juice and little cold wet towels to get you freshened up, to front desk manager, Serdar and Romina, and the other receptionists, chefs and waiters & waitresses...

The hotel is roughly 1,5 hour from the airport, a pleasant drive along the Aegean cost of Turkey and you'll reach the hotel.. It is literally located at one of the most amazing places on earth.. Right by the Aegean bay with several uninhabited little islands most of which are within swimming distance.. If you enjoy crowds, go where the activities are, if not, tell the boat guy to take you to the specially designed silent areas where you can read books, enjoy the nature with squirrels and rabbits and of course, crystal clear water...

Look!, if you want to get younger and to have the time of your life, go enjoy a real paradise that you'll never forget..."

• Travel date: Tue 5th of May 2009

Absolutely fantastic

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"Well what can I say, this is by far the best hotel we have ever stayed in. The accommodation was first class as was the food, there is so much choice. Even though it was the last week before the hotel closes for the end of season, there was still lots on offer to do, water skiing, sailing, caneoing, football, tennis the list is endless.The weather was fantastic not too hot, just right for us. There was also evening entertainment if you wanted it.
The end of October is a perfect time to go as the hotel is by no means packed so you could say you have this amazing resort/hotel all to yourself.
The only down side to our holiday was that we could only book it through Thomas Cook and they are renoun for delays and yes we had nearly an hours delay going and over 4hours coming back but we did let it spoil our lovely holiday.
Would certainly book again next year and have been told by the hotel that Thomson are going there."

• Travel date: Tue 4th of November 2008

A must if you are going to Turkey

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"We stayed at Club Select Resort Maris in Sept 2007 and had one of the best holidays. Being a travel agent I am lucky enough to travel the world and have stayed in some of the finest hotels, I would rank this one in my top 5.
We arrived into Dalaman airport and had arranged for the hotel transfer to the resort in their air conditioned 4x4. Waiting inside the car were cold drinks and newspapers ready for the 90 minute drive to the hotel. Seaplane transfer is available at 150Euros per peson each way, our 4x4 was a total of £160 return.
We arrived at reception who were fantastic, friendly, pleased to see us and also upgraded our room to a sea view. They made us feel very welcome.

Here is a summary of the hotel:

Hotel rooms - all recently refurbished to a very high standard with very comfortable beds and pillows (very important!), great power shower, flat screen TV (although only 2 English channels so if you want to watch the box take your portable DVD and cable!) , air conditioning and balcony. Ours had a sea view which was breath taking.

Facilities - to be honest we only really used the pool once and made our way down to the beach each day and had no problem getting a sunbed. Very comfortable loungers plus towels provided. There are 5 beaches at this hotel and the main beach area is great for kids, very shallow water and so calm there was never a ripple in the sea! They have a raft which you can swim out to which was great. Each morning they do aqua aerobics off the jetty which was good fun. All the usual watersports are available on-site. They do have a Spa which looked fabulous, however I didnt use it during the stay. There are also a selection of shops at the hotel although slightly pricey.

Restaurants - the board basis is full board which also includes all your soft drinks, local beer and wine so basically all inclusive if you dont want spirits or branded stuff. The wine wasnt great but hey.. it was drinkable. The buffet lunch at Oasis each day was a marvellous spread, always something new on the menu. Dinner and breakfast was served in La Scala restaurant and again the choice and quality of food was superb. I particularly enjoyed my own personalised fruit smoothie blended for me each morning! They do have 3 other restaurants but we didnt eat there.

Excursions - there is an onsite excursions team who will arrange everything for you. The resort actually has their own yacht which we booked along with 2 other couples and had a marvellous day spent cruising along the coast with stops for swimming and a beautiful buffet lunch. Well worth the trip!

Entertainment - each night after dinner you could enjoy cocktails in the bar or head down to the disco area where there was generally a show on each night.

During our stay we were the only English people there, the hotel was mainly German. However this did not bother us at all, most staff spoke English and there was no problem getting a sunbed.

Would I return... DEFINITELY! Absolutly gorgeous hotel.. stunning location and well worth a visit."

• Travel date: Wed 24th of September 2008

Great Hotel

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"We stayed for a week in August 2008, having booked through Elixir Holidays in the UK. The hotel was excellent, but, we were a little disappointed to have to sleep on two twins pushed together not a proper double bed. This is the situation in the larger rooms, they do not have double beds.

Whilst the hotel is large and was fairly full, because there are a number of beaches, you can get away from the crowds and have some peace. Breakfast is a bit too busy with lots of wasps if you sit outside or too much noise if you stay inside. The food was great and varied.

We booked the hotel primarily because it was luxurious and offered sailing. The sailing was great, not overly windy, but, fine for learning and getting out on a catamaran. The staff on the beach were very helpful.

I would recommend this hotel, but, not for the infirm as the beach is some distance from the hotel and is accessed via a lift.

The spa was first class, the best I have ever used."

• Travel date: Fri 5th of September 2008

Amazing Hotel in the most stunning location!

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"i booked this holiday through my company (Thomas Cook) as a last minute deal as it was a fab price. I had never really fancied Turkey because of the reviews i had heard off other people but i was definitely mistaken! Turkey was beautiful and this hotel was out of this world! As a travel agent i see many lovely hotels but this is by far one of the most stunning hotels i have ever seen.
The service was second to none and the food was lovely, they had a great variety to choose from ... homemade pizza (very nice), real turkish kebabs, pasta, salad, lasagne, chinese food the lot! it was all really healthy homecooked food. The desserts were very nice also! As this hotel was full board plus your drinks were served at lunch and dinner (this was an unlimited amount) very posh the wine bottles were decorated on your table and you had an ice bucket to keep it cold. There were beer pumps and soft drink vendors to help yourself. The restaurant is open air and was right on the beach, the views were unbelievable! I have never seen the sea so clear you could see right to the bottom! There were lots of activities going on alot was based around the water like pedal boating and kayaking. Most of this was included in the package price. Between the beach and the hotel was some gorgeous scenery it was like a mini forrest with white tents for your massages in the middle very relaxing! Also there were seats in the gardens to sit and have a quiet drink and through the trees you could see the med sea and the sunsets were amazing! The hotel itself was indescribable this hotel has recently been completely renovated following its take over as it used to be owned by robinsons. The decor was amazing very clean and airy. The views from reception were awesome! I found the staff in this hotel to be very helpful and polite and out to make sure you have a very enjoyable stay! This hotel had everything from quiet little boutiques to an amazing spa with indoor pool where you can expeirience everything from wine therapy to ice being rubbed all over your body (for cellulite!) The bedrooms were amazing and the beds were huge! The maids cleaned our room everyday and stocked the mini bar with bottles water and soft drinks everyday whatever you needed basically! I throughly enjoyed my stay at the club resort select maris and i would definitely recommend to a friend! This hotel is set on its own there are no other hotels around it but you do not need to go out of your complex as there is literally everything you need here! It is the perfect romantic getaway and marmaris is only a taxi ride away! our reps even arranged for a coach to take us there and back at only £10 each! So please give this hotel a try u will not regret it!"

• Travel date: Sun 27th of July 2008

amazing location

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"This place looks like a resort in the Far East. The building has a lot of wooden decoration which resembles Asian decor.The views from the hotel rooms, from the balcony are just stunning. A beautiful bay with superb waters - the sea is utterly clean and smooth like a lake, with a nice temperature specially fit for people, who dislike cold sea water, like me. The private beach is super clean, nicely equipped and one tends to spend there all day. There are also many possibilities for water sport or just canoeing around the near small island. The rooms are nice, although not stunning. Maybe there were refurbished, as the hotel belonged last year to the Robinson Clubs chain and has since then changed hands to a Turkish company who planned to do some improvements.
The food really needed that. The every day buffet served near the beach, lunchtime and dinner was really boring. But then, this was Robinson Club food.
The resort itself is something one can only dream of.
Still to be considered are 2 points:
1)It is totally secluded, nothing around it for many miles , for the good and the bad.
2) The route from Dalaman airport is ca. 130 km on bad roads.

On the whole - a memorable stay at a beautiful bay."

• Travel date: Fri 3rd of August 2007

Hotel and everything in and about it inc...

Reviewed Mon 13th of November 2006

"Hotel and everything in and about it including food absolutely out of this world!

Only thing that let the whole holiday down was Thomsons awful budget flight to and from turkey, airline staff were totally unorganised and very rude and unhelpful. For nearly £3k for one week holiday we expected a better flight service!

• Travel date: Mon 13th of November 2006