POOL

Good

loved it : ) didn`t want to come back, the Entertainment was great : )

Reviewed 20th August 2013

"I felt so sad when i had to come back i really didn`t want to leave. I have know bad coments to make, my days at Club viva hotel was perfect from Morning to night, i loved every second of being there. All members of staff was amazing they all work so hard, (seeing them work so hard made me feel angry with the lazy english that don`t do anything but seem to want everything) any way i loved it there so much i wouldn`t mind working there myself. I went with my family and they all felt the same as me, we got talking to 4 familys and they all loved it to, it was two of the families second time back, they said they would come back every year, basicly everyone we spoke to seemed really happy with everything at Club viva hotel. The Entertainers are great i loved watching there clap dance, both Jack and Cris are so great with kids, both of them are great at there job, they kept me my family and the other four families we got talking to well entertained, we love them :) Over all me and my family didn`t want to come back and i`m planing my next trip back there :) loved it "

• Travel date: 19th August 2013

Brilliant Holiday

Reviewed 2nd July 2012

"Excellent hotel, stayed there September 2011, went back this year June 2012 just gets better. Staff very good nothing too much bother. Food good, hotel very clean. Owner always on site to keep an eye on whats going on. Family Run would definatly stay there again"

• Travel date: 2nd July 2012

READ BEFORE BOOKING!!!

Reviewed 8th June 2012

"I have just come back from staying here in the last 2 weeks of May & I originally booked at this hotel based on the reviews as it had more positive than negative, was reasonably priced & was recommended it by a travel agent. However since I booked & have been there I have noticed more negative reviews appearing even though there are still more positive than negative, I find it really unfortunate to be one to add to the negative. Upon arriving at the hotel which despite specifically booking for a family of 6 (2 adults, 3 children & an infant) putting all the special requirements down, the rooms were not next to one another, just near one another & both rooms had 2 baby cots in them, with them expecting my 7 year old daughter to sleep in one. The assistant then removed the mattress from the cot & put it on the floor, removing the cot also, expecting my daughter to then sleep on the floor. The next day the mattress was replaced by a “broken” fold out bed with the slats falling off & a really thin mattress with bad mildew & mould stains along with dried paint marks, real quality for a 4 star hotel. After getting up late the following day because of our 4:30am arrival we only just missed the breakfast window, one of the very obnoxious hotel managers (chap in a blue shirt whom seems to just walk around all day) provided us with an awful breakfast, which we barely ate, as it wasn’t very appetising, only to be then told we were getting charged 75 lira for it because it was out of the window, which he conveniently failed to mention until after. The food always seemed to be served cold or look walm & in general was very average & very repetitive to the point where it made myself & my wife ill, Id heard a rumour that all the food is bought in bulk wholesale from a reduced retailer, hence why it comes across as so bland. I spoke to a few disgruntled customers staying there who were really unhappy too & on exactly the same wavelength as myself. One of them said it should not be a 4 star hotel, not even 3 stars, more like 2 star. Another one said that it felt like they were catering for kids only when it came to the food, as kids are easy too please & are happy with chips & burgers, which is basically what was served, chips for lunch & wedges for dinner every single day. There didn’t seem any where near enough cups for the eating periods to cater for all the guests, having to use the plastic glasses in which we had to physically collect ourselves from the bar area. Kids favourites like Ice Cream & Slush were not part of the All Inclusive bracket, neither were popular hotel facilities like use of the Pool Table etc. all of which there was an extra charge for, as well as only the cheap local beers & alcohols being part of the All Inc. too. Everything else had to be paid for; I’m surprised that they didn’t charge for use of the swimming pool & slide. We were even asked for tips at times for things like pancakes being served despite being All Inclusive. Guests were allowed to unfairly reserve & stake a claim on sun beds by the pool area putting there own towels on to stop other people using them & this was allowed to carry on. There seemed to be quite a bad ant infestation by the pool area & slide, I think this needs to be prevented & kept clean to stop this. One of the waiters smashed a Glass whilst I was there by pool area & all the glass was not swept up & cleaned properly whilst my bare foot daughter played, I had to physically complain about this at reception to get it sorted out properly Grubby marks in restaurant area seen for days on end until they were cleaned properly. Room balcony door was really really dirty with grubby marks all over it & was never cleaned in the full 2 weeks we spent there, grubby marks & dirt on bathroom floor & on walls too around shower. No Air conditioning in bathroom either or a way to let out the smell, broken toilet seat & exposed electrical wires in bathroom on mounted wall hair dryer – again real quality for a 4 star hotel. When the bed sheets were replaced with apparently clean ones, they were replaced with ones that were still grubby with stains on. I also think that the hotel could benefit from having no smoking areas outside, as not everyone enjoys to be around smoke, personally it makes myself & my wife very ill & when you have children, especially an infant, it is definitely not ideal – sometimes we were forced to go inside as that was the only place you could go to get away from the smoke & when its nice & warm, you don’t want to be stuck inside. It might also be a thought to get staff that understand better english & not just conveniently - to help customers out when its needed as this makes it very difficult & frustrating to try & get them to understand. The only positive thing I would say about this hotel is for the entertainment, especially for the kids, the two main DJ’s Jack & Chris were great with kids, my daughter really loved this & enjoyed the kids mini disco every night, she also enjoyed the water slide & there was a professional photographer there too by the bar area whom was really nice & took some great shots of our family. The only down side to the entertainment was that it was a bit noisy & rowdy until the early hours of the morning, which would make it hard for some people to sleep, there is also a Turkish synagogue practically next door which goes off every 4 or 5 hours for about 20 mins or so which can also wake you up & be a little annoying at times. But despite my daughter pleads to go back to this hotel because of the kids entertainment, I would not return…..This is obviously just my opinion of the experience I had of staying at this hotel & everyone has there own opinion – I have to be honest with my review, but I have to say based on my experience I find it quite astonishing that this hotel still has more positive feedback than negative, however even though I spoke to a few guests with the same issues as myself, there were also ones I spoke to that loved the hotel & the food – again its all a matter of opinion, my review is here simply to assist whomever is reading in there choice as to whether they should book at this hotel or not…I hope I’ve helped. I have uploaded various images to show my experience & to prove the conditions & standards of this hotel - I hope this is helpful."

• Travel date: 8th June 2012

Long way to go before it becomes suitable for families as advertised

Reviewed 24th August 2011

"Where do we start? This hotel’s got a long way to go before it can be established as suitable for families and couples as advertised on most websites. We know it’s only a 3 star hotel but get a grip and make sure you provide 3 star services. When we booked in we were given a form to sign which showed our room number was 204 was asked who we had booked with we told them Monarch and suddenly we were in room 411, a family room. Nice you may think. No way, was on the top floor, only had air con in one room and the room where our child was supposed to sleep was like a furnace. The air con would not go below 25 and the fridge did not work. There was the smallest wardrobe you had ever seen, don’t know how a family of 4 would cope with this. We went to see the night receptionist who told us to go back in the morning and we would be moved. Off we went to the reception to be greeted by a very rude girl; luckily our Rep was on hand to help. We explained to him about the room and that we had not booked the family room but a triple room. We were then given a room in the new block. This room was what we had booked, so we were very pleased this had been sorted. Very modern, with laminate flooring, modern bathroom and a fridge that worked, hopefully this was our only complaint about the hotel. But no more was to follow. Meal times were a joke. It was a scramble to get a table and then you had to queue for the food, give the OAP’s priority in the queue. There were 7 trays of lukewarm food; one tray was either chips or wedges at every mealtime. This might be to some peoples liking but not ours. We had read reviews about the food been ok and to remember you were in Turkey. Well this food was not Turkish even though it was classed as Turkish Kebab, Kofta or Turkish Stew. There was only one fish dish served in our 14 days. Next bar was where the salad and dips were served these were ok as were the deserts. We got the feeling if anything was leftover from lunch it was used again for the evening meal but called a slightly different dish. There was a sign saying Kid’s Corner, this was also a joke, it was the first 3 trays which we usually a meat dish, pasta, chips or wedges. Is this what they think all children eat? One evening pancakes were cooked fresh but only once in 14 days, omelettes were served 3 mornings out of the 14. Unused bread was sliced up from breakfast and left in a basked for lunchtime/evening meal. Tables were set outside but in 14 days we never saw these tables been wiped down. The floor near the bar was always wet and we saw more people slip but still not one rushed to wipe the wet floor. The bar staff were very rude and it always felt like they did not want to serve you, unless you were under the age of 30. The pool area was ok, not enough beds for the guests staying at the hotel. There was a sign stating you could not put your towel on the sun lounger until 8 am, well we saw some guests putting them out a 2 am when they got back from their night out. When we queried this we were told it was the British who were doing this, come on Brits get a grip and don’t be silly stick to the rules you moan about other nationalities doing this. There was also signs stating children must be accompanied by an adult at all times, well this didn’t happen and their were children who couldn’t swim left in the pool only with arm bands on, this was 1.5 metres deep all the way round. Again a blind eye was turned to this. It stated on the website there was a kid’s club, there was a sign but all this consisted on was a swing and slide. In the basement of the hotel was a table tennis table and PS2 but no one was there to supervise. We never let our child go down there alone. There was no day time entertainment for the children but when we asked one of the staff he said he played table tennis with them but we had never seen him downstairs, so this was all the entertainment they provided for children? No we will play water polo with them some days, happened twice in our 14 days stay. When we tried to keep our child entertained we were told by the management to stop as childless couples were complaining they were getting wet, get a life weren’t you ever young, guess not as you would not have complained. Entertainment for adults during the day was a game of bingo, 15tl a game and water polo, there was no stopping the entertainment team they sure knew how to may folk happy, NOT. Evening entertainment was pathetic, in fact more folk lost interest whilst they were trying to set it up, we recommend they do not advertise entertainment. Staff and management were rude and unless you sucked up to them they didn’t want to know you. Room kept clean but towels not changed every two days like stated on the form you get left in your welcome pack. Tip give all the staff training, including the management team and you may get some happy travellers over the age of 30. Food 1 star, entertainment 1 star, room 3 star, hotel overall 2 star. "

• Travel date: 16th August 2011

18 - 30's only

Reviewed 15th August 2011

"We feel we have to write this review for the older travellers and families. When we booked in we were given the wrong room but this did get sorted the next morning. Disappointed with the view, looked out on the passageway where the staff had their coffee/lunch breaks. Food very repetitive, first week better than the second. Didn't like having to queue felt like we were in a soup kitchen!!!. We like Turkish food but the food served could not be classed as Turkish, we both like tradtional Turkish food. It was chips or wedges with everything, please change this. Served a dish as Turkish Kebab was more like a Turkey Twizzler and would you eat this at home, NO. Kid's corner in the restaurant was a joke and pleased we didn't take our Grandchild or we would have stuggled to feed him. Eat out if possible. Try Mad Boys and Great Corner Steak House serve Turkish dishes, turn right out of the hotel for both. If you fancy a kebab turn left out of the hotel and head for Harry Ram's. Hotel is not suitable for families as they state on their website as there's nothing to keep the children entertained, well there is a waterslide and the smallest kids pool we have ever since, pleased we didn't take our Grandchild he would have been bored. Daily entertainment consisted of waterpolo and bingo and as for the evening entertainment this very poor. We witnessed parents entertaining their children only to be stopped by the management when childless couples complained they were getting splashed whilst lying round the pool. It was nice to see parents taking time to play with their children instead of being sat in the bar. The majority of the staff were very rude, unless you were in between the ages of 18 and 30, they didn't want to know you and would ignore your requests. Hotel room was very clean and the same for the reception area. Don't be fooled all the rooms have been refurbished, it's only the ones in the new block. Would we go back, NO"

• Travel date: 9th August 2011

18 - 30's only

Reviewed 17th October 2011

"We feel we have to write this review for the older travellers and families. When we booked in we were given the wrong room but this did get sorted the next morning. Disappointed with the view, looked out on the passageway where the staff had their coffee/lunch breaks. Food very repetitive, first week better than the second. Didn't like having to queue felt like we were in a soup kitchen!!!. We like Turkish food but the food served could not be classed as Turkish, we both like tradtional Turkish food. It was chips or wedges with everything, please change this. Served a dish as Turkish Kebab was more like a Turkey Twizzler and would you eat this at home, NO. Kid's corner in the restaurant was a joke and pleased we didn't take our Grandchild or we would have stuggled to feed him. Eat out if possible. Try Mad Boys and Great Corner Steak House serve Turkish dishes, turn right out of the hotel for both. If you fancy a kebab turn left out of the hotel and head for Harry Ram's. Hotel is not suitable for families as they state on their website as there's nothing to keep the children entertained, well there is a waterslide and the smallest kids pool we have ever since, pleased we didn't take our Grandchild he would have been bored. Daily entertainment consisted of waterpolo and bingo and as for the evening entertainment this very poor. We witnessed parents entertaining their children only to be stopped by the management when childless couples complained they were getting splashed whilst lying round the pool. The majority of the staff were very rude, unless you were in between the ages of 18 and 30, they didn't want to know you and would ignore your requests. Hotel room was very clean and the same for the reception area Would we go back, NO"

• Travel date: 9th August 2011

Overbooked and Not All inclusive

Reviewed 18th July 2011

"Hotel overbooked all 14 guests arriving, then were rude. It overbooked more guests later. Wasted 2 days of a 7 day holiday changing hotels. No reimbursement of any kind. Food is disgusting, repetitive and boring. Stupid bar rules. Waste of time, waste of money. And DEFINATELY not all inclusive. Avoid"

• Travel date: 14th July 2011

Hated it

Reviewed 29th June 2011

"Hotel very modern and clean. All Inclusive package - Awful Food - Terrible Drinks - Horrible Entertainment - A bloody Joke Managenent and Staff - Argue and shout at each in full view of hotel guests - disgraceful If you are a young teenage lassy you may enjoy it here because the Turkish male staff will grovel all over you. If you are between the ages of 55 and 60 you will hate it. Do Not Go There."

• Travel date: 27th June 2011

Brilliant Hotel!

Reviewed 31st May 2011

"I have been to Turkey many times for my annual holiday and stayed in so many hotels with my wife and three children, and some very unpleasant ones at that as it's a bit of pot luck where you end up staying by looking at the holidat brochures. When I got recommended to the Club Viva hotel in Amrutulan, Marmaris, that's when my holidays really started! We go for two weeks every June and we now go for a further week in September, and my wife and children can't wait to get back out to the Viva! This hotel is not too big which makes you feel quite special as the staff are very concerned to make sure you have a good time, right from the bottom up to the management. The entertainment there is top class and the food would be the envy of mant hotels there. I have stayed there six times and have recommended the hotel to many friends and family over the last few years, and they have all been completely over the moon and some have stayed twice already. So I would just like to say Thank you Club Viva, my family holidays no longer have any problems and I can't wait to see you all again very soon! Richie, London."

• Travel date: 30th May 2011

Good for the money

Reviewed 18th May 2011

"I think it was good for the money but it was too quite and nobody was there and there was nothing on at night but the food was all right but it can be cold and the same thing is there every day but the room was lovey and the people was nice and at breakfast there was nothing there to eat. "

• Travel date: 17th May 2011

Gr8 for the price

Reviewed 19th July 2010

"Reading the previous reviews i guess club viva is a place you either love or hate.I have to say i thought it was excellent value for money.Staff are friendly,rooms are clean and relatively spacious,pool is gr8,drink is flowing and the choice of food should keep all but people determined that they ain't getting value for money happy.Prayers 5 times a day from the local mosque don't really disturb the flow and after the first 2 nights i never heard the dawn one.My kids loved it and they ain't easy pleased.You could do a lot worse!Viva Cub Viva I say!!!!"

• Travel date: 19th July 2010

Worst holiday ever

Reviewed 16th July 2010

"We have just got back from a 1 week stay here. We had read the reviews on club viva and were expecting the worst but went with an open mind of the hotel just being a place to rest our heads and to make the most of it. We were in for a shock. We were greated with a nice man taking our suitcases to the room on the top floor. It looked quite clean. Very small but we didn't mind. Awoke the following day at 4.45 to the mosque and its speakers blaring out a prayer. wich happens every day.5 times a day. Missed breakfast, dinner was meat, pasta, chips and salad wich was brought out 30 mins before it is served at 30+ heat with flies and cockroaches under the tables. Tea, coffee and left over cakes from lunch or served at 4.30. At 7.30 its your evening meal. Meat, rice and vegetables. Again with salad and dips. desserts and left over bread from breakfast. A good selection but be prepared to be ill. Me and my husband ate lunch and evening meal and spent the rest of the holiday being ill. Looking at the state of the toilets we were not the only one's. No toilet paper, soap or hand towels in the reception toilets. We sat and had a drink at the bar sky was really nice and friendly most of the staff would only serve young girls and would ignore the men. The drinks tasted watered down and you could only have gin, vodka, beer or rakki. One drink per person and all inclusive finished at 22.30. Just when the evening entertainment was due to start. We watched the bar staff wash the glasses out by running them under the cold water tap and then putting them back on the shelf dirty and wet. This is how illness is spread throughout the hotel especially when you can't wash your hands properly after going to the toilet and then having a drink. I didn't see any cleaning products at all. Which leads me on to the cleanliness off the room. We were told twice by one cleaner that she couldn't clean as the REAL cleaner wasn't working today! So she came and swept all the dirt to the back of the bathroom door. Dead cockroaches an all. The blankets were dirty we asked the cleaner for clean ones and she brought us blankets that were more dirty then the ones we had gave her in the first place. I could go on and on. All I will say is that we will not go back to this hotel again and advise people to research this hotel before booking. It may be cheap but not chearful!"

• Travel date: 13th July 2010
  • ...

Hotels near Club Viva Hotel

Top traveller tips for Club Viva Hotel

• by June A

"If you want a meal out go to Charlies on the main road in Marmaris opposite hotel Selin food out of this world we have been to Marmaris 16 t..."

• by JASONWHO1974

"GO SELF CATERING OR YOU WILL PROBABLY REGRET IT"

• by rrckl Yorkshire

"take a trip to Mad Boys"

• by Avoid

"Book a hotel that has rooms available and a hotel that is actually what you pay for. "

• by Katrina G

"Turkey is a stunning place book a different hotel"

• by alix

"warm and very friendly"

• by Amir and family

"turkish bath,water park,town,beach"

• by flanagan2

"eat around the marina its very good quality...scuba diving is a must "

• by flanagan2

"book lots of trips they are very cheep.go see the dolphins and take enough money to swim with them"

• by vivian

"best restaurant was the one at our hotel. best sightsee was the villiage tour"

• by kelly69

"english chippy...and our favourite excursion was by far the Jeep safar? which combined fun & culture"

Club Viva Hotel is also called