Club Kocer Apartments

Cildir Mah. Kemal Elgin Bulv. 172. Sok. No:4 Marmaris Merkez Blue Port Alışveriş Merkezi Karşısı, Marmaris 47800 Turkey

Don't go there!!!!!

"Here it goes... On arriving I really panicked as the look of the hotel frm the outside is not appealing at all. The receptionist is continually on Facebook so don't bother asking them for help. There is no lifts so had carry suitcase down 2 flights of stairs! The room- disgusting! the work top in the kitchen had a massive crack down it which they had tried to seal over with yellow plaster but it hadn't been done properly it was really disgusting! The draws were falling off, for 2 days there was no hot water until we reported It and even then it wasn't that warm, on arriving at 3 am I just wanted a shower and I ended up having to wash my hair in the sink! the bar staff around the pool I found quite rude, on leaving we left a bottle of vodka for a friend we met there he promised to pass this on to them... When we spoke to them when we got home he told them he had drank the vodka. So even the pool staff are thieves! Everynight walking from my room to tea we would get hassled and it became annoying. Advice is also do not take children the hotel is right next to a busy road and a bar which is open till 4am! beds are like cardboard I rather have slept on my lilo!!! I found marmaris as a place also very dirty and run down it was my second time visiting turkey and I did not feel safe at all. Walking out to tea at night we got grabbed and pulled into restraunts and stared at by men. They hassle so much and it's got worse since last year. Entertainment has also gone down hill music stops at 12 midnight due to a new permit on the bars. I also had to walk out of a bar called green beach... a staff member started to swear at me because we went another bar, he assumed because we were trying somewhere different for a drink we hated green beach so started to f and blind at me. there were lots of thieving at kocer whilst I was there 2 women had money stolen out of there safe and a glass window was broken and police were there. Would not recommend having a safe as they have a key that can open them. the only good thing about this hotel was the pool, this was very big and we spent most of our time relaxing by it. I'm only 20 and my friend was 19 so we spent most of our time out of the room anyway because it was so dirty and uncomfy. overall would not reccommend kocer and I will not be returning to turkey, it's just too unsafe and to much hassle. Wasn't really a holiday!!! "

• Travel date: Wed 25th of May 2011

Brilliant!

"After reading reviews I was unsure about Kocer, but these were all from last year or the year before...and it must of changed owners since then! It's a fab place to stay, went with my boyfriend and 2 friends. You get what you pay for; basic hob for cooking, small fridge etc but it's in a great location to find good restaurants anyway! Spacious rooms but could do with a little updating! Pool is one of the biggest around there which was great and the sunbeds were lovely too! They also played music around the pool during the day...only thing we didn't like was the bar closing at 7pm but there is the Aussie bar over the road (bit pricey too)! Overall it was a great holiday with great staff (who carried our bags up to the room at about 3am!!) would definitely go back again :)"

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of September 2010

Would not go back

"Not long got back from the Kocer club apartment. We only stayed there for a week and to be honest i didnt think much of the place. Our room was very basic which wasent very impressive. The pool was a nice size and some of the bar staff were very friendly and funny :). It is close to all shops and is near the beach front which is good for restaurants and bars of a night. Nightlife is amazing :). In the night we would visit the xanthos apartment which is highly recommended hotel!!!! "

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of July 2010

Wouldnt go back

"I dont normally write reviews for holidays as i would hate to put someone off who is already booked, and I usually always enjoy my holidays, even when others are doing the usual moaning about everything from the moment that they arrive.My family and I spent our holiday here and would never return. The reception staff were unhelpful and everything is geared to getting as much money from you as they possibly can which you expect a little from Turkey, but not to this degree. Dont buy the airconditioning for £35 as it only blows in one room the bedroom and not the living area,and the unit is very old and looks dangerously unhygenic and is useless. The rooms are good and spacious, but our bathroom was infested with cockroaches at night and our 2 year old wouldnt go in alone at any time of the day. The showerrail was tied to the ceiling with string to hold it up. Our room was at the back of the hotel on a very busy road where the noise is a constant 24hours of honking horns etc, but the windows do keep most of this at bay and its a change from the pool view. There is no lift in the hotel, so if you have a buggy its not too pleasant in the heat lifting it constantly up and downstairs.
On the upside, the pool is great, although there is no shallow end, but there is a baby pool which is seperate. The kidsclub was closed the entire time we were there, despite it being high season. The playarea is not shaded at any time of the day, so it really is unsuitable for playing in the heat. In the evening the playarea had many cockroaches , so again, unsuitable for playing.
The bar staff were friendly when you were buying from the bar, but beware, if you bring your own softdrinks and water to the poolside when sunbathing , then they will confiscate them because you havent bought them from the bar!! This would be bad enough on a hotel holiday, but not when you are self catering!! The hotel was very very quiet in the evening, no entertainment on any night that we were there, but the Aussie BAr across the road is good and very handy.
Marmaris itself wasnt to my taste. The beach is shingle and not nice. There is a very long strip of shops which are all the same, but you cant pass them by without the shop keepers physically standing in front and you and trying to drag you in, and then try leaving without buying. If you have older girls or teenagers, be prepared for them to be constantly subject to unwanted (in most cases!!) attention, and some really sleazy turkish men who seem to think that all British girls are fair game.Expect arms around your shoulders and being asked for hugs (No thanks!) If you dont pander to their innuendos and comments then expect them to start muttering in turkish about you. If you like leud banter and holiday romances then this is the place for you, if you dont avoid at all costs.

• Travel date: Mon 13th of July 2009

The most AMAZINGGGGG holidayy!!!!!

"Our holiday was amazinngggg!!!!! We went April 17th when it had only been in season for about a week and it was the best holiday ive been on! The pool and apartments were really big and clean. The views were lovely althought he beach was disgusting so sisnt go there! The whole hotel staff were hilarious, up dancing and really freindly, they really looked after us. The Aussie bar just across the road opposite the hotel was our nightime place and had many drunken and funny nights there! Really lively and again the staff are really lovely and freindly!! Going back again in May and would really reccomend this holiday it was wicked!!!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 21st of June 2009

Excellent

"After reading previous reviews from people who had stayed at Kocer i became quite worried about where i was staying as some of the reviews were bad, but, it really was an excellent hotel.
Our apartment was very large and cleaned everyday. It was over looking the pool which was even better. The pool staff were amazing and very friendly, you didnt need to move when sitting round the pool as they were more than happy to bring you drinks/food ect. The pool was huge and spotless, the hotel also provides inflatables/li-lows so theres no need to buy them! Theres plenty of bars and restraunts around the resort but we were put off the first day as we were really intimidated by the turks to go into the bars along the beach, by the end of the holiday we didnt even make eye contact with them. A boat trip is a must on this holiday - £15 for 2 adults and your out the full day, this includes transport and lunch and its great for getting a tan!
I really enjoyed the holiday and would definately go back to this hotel."

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of June 2009

fantastic

"my husband and i stayed at the kocher aprt for a week with our daughter and her boyfriend my duaghter booked on line and as we only paid about £220 each we were not expecting much. we found our apartment was spotless, very roomy and we had 2 balconys. our room faced onto the road which some may find noisy but it didnt bother us at all, infact it added to our enjoyment as, after a day by the pool we sat with a drink and had an hour or so of "people watching" from our balcony. the maids were excellent, very hard working. the staff by the pool/bar were attentive but didnt keep bothering you if you just wanted to rest. we found the food ok for lunchtime but we chose to eat out evry night. there are loads of supermarkets to buy fresh bread and other essentials from but be warned, english food is terribly expensive, a tin of heinz beans will set you back at least £2.50!. the kitchen facilities are minimal (only a 2 ring stove a toaster and kettle) but i gather this is standered self catering in turkey. i still managed to cook a simple meal and to be honest the restaurants are really good and value for money so let them do the cooking!didnt think much of the beach in marmaris but we do live in cornwall so we,ve been spoilt on the beach front! kochers swimming pool is so clean and well maintained we didnt venture out much during the day. best places to eat were portafinos and adam and eves (jimmy and friday are the best waiters ever and very funny) however just remember that all any of the turks want is your money and they will go above and beyond to get it, but it does mean you will get great survice wherever you go. i have read some reveiws where people complained about the kocher being noisy, well you,re right in the middle of a busy resort, what do you expect? it might bother young children but the family in next room to us had a tiny baby and they said it was fine. we would go back to the kocher again in may or september, the summer months can get unbearably hot, too much for me!I would recommend kocher club to anyone wanting a cheap sunshine break in a bustling resort. enjoy!!"

• Travel date: Fri 22nd of May 2009

As a Uk travel agent I was disgusted wit...

"As a Uk travel agent I was disgusted with these apartments. When I contacted Thomas Cook I was advised that this was a family hotel. However, If you are travelling with children under 10 then this hotel is no good. There is a small park on site but I wouldnt advise using it.

The cooking facilities are a joke we had no knives and forks two very small cooking rings. Not self catering at all.

The room we was allocated was on the main road over looking some local flats and a parade of shops. Not to mention a huge hotel complex with music on till all hours. The road itself is extremely busy and is busy till 5 in the morning. The shops also stay open as the resort is 24 hrs. I would have taken the choice of air conditioning but it was £35 per week and it was in the living room not the bedroom. So whats the point. The safety deposits box was not in the room but in the main reception. The staff on reception and especially the pool bar area were very rude apart from receptionist who worked all hours. The locals sit on the balcony looking in and shouting in to the room to get your attention.

There was poo on the bathroom door all over the bedroom wall I have complained to Thomas Cook as this was the least of the problems. There was loose wiring all over the place at height level for my 5 year old son to reach. I caught the cleaner with my shoes on!!!!!!! Walking around the apartment doing the cleaning.

There is a bar opposite (Aussie Bar) with the Kocer annexe adjoined be careful when chosen this hotel as you can be put in there and this bar doesnt stop karaoke till 6am, you can feel it through the floor boards to the 3rd floor.

You are not allowed to consume own food and drink around the pool with small children this can be expensive. This also includes any water bought from the reception of the hotel. The hotel all in all was a huge dissapointment.

The bar staff were so rude not one occasion did they acknowledge us a family, but when I walked past alone they would stare at the women. They were far more interested in throwing in single girls into the pool.

We will not be returning to Turkey and especially these apartments. I was very disappointed with this as we was told they were lovely. We are used to budget accomodation but these were disgraceful. Ive seen better standard of rooms on life of grime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Travel date: Tue 30th of September 2008

wat can i say we had a ball. the complex...

"wat can i say we had a ball. the complex at kocer is great you are on the doorstep to everything, there were 5 in our party 41/38/19/17/15/ and we had 2 attic rooms, thay are a bit small and the roof slops( so you have to watch your head if you are tall) thay are a bit dated but for the amount of time you spend in them they are good, dont let the stairs put you off going in them, as i read reviews on here and it put me off but when we got there you are up the stars before you no it, you will need to get air con tho as it gets warm up there.if you get a room over the shops on the main road then dont worry as you dont hear anything when you doors are closed ,the cleaners are great thay clean your rooms every day (but not to early) so you can have a lie in, if you want dont worry about getting a sun bed as we didn,t get down till 9am and got one so easy. well the staff at kocer are great hi sky / chris / robin /the twins , tarjan & sargan /and not least billy you waited on everybody hand and foot (you are a little star) the ozzy bar is a must( it is just out side the gates ) salt&peppers on the beach front is a must aswell eating out go to natalies steak house/coo-coo for breakfast its 3.50ltl its fab well its that great we have booked for next aug so see you all then"

• Travel date: Sun 31st of August 2008

i went to turkey last sept with my 2 chi...

"i went to turkey last sept with my 2 children and loved it we'll definatly be going back to the kocer club the staff were fantastic and very friendly and couldn't do enough for you the rooms were cleaned everyday and mine was an excellent size for the 3 of us

we loved the ausi bar over the road and jacki's bar where we ate most days was fantastic cheap and really nice food i couldn't have asked for a better holiday - deffinatly booking again cheers x

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of September 2008

the rooms were very clean. the bar staff...

Good

"the rooms were very clean. the bar staff were very friendly try the 'albatross bar' only 5 minuites away only problem was crossin the road every day big clean pool and kids pool been there at the same hotel for three years in a row the rooms are quite big unfortunately there is no lifts to your rooms but the do help you cary them all the food is lovely barside and drinks are cold also table tennis table football and pool table also a playstation all the restraunts are brilliant especially crossroads. air con definitely worth the money quite quiet at nights every so often the have a turkish night
GREAT 2 WEEKS"

• Travel date: Thu 14th of August 2008

Absolutley love turkey, however kocer cl...

"Absolutley love turkey, however kocer club apartments would have put me off going to turkey again if it was our first time there! Staff were abit rude! Price of air con ridiculous, not worth the money, only blows into one room. We bought a fan after a few days because air con wasnt any good, hotel staff took it off us, rep was very unhelpful. We asked hotel staff for a receipt for the fan so we could get it back when going home, they would not under any curcumstances gives us a receipt or would not accept responsibility of the fan. Signs were everywhere saying hotel were not responsible for jewellery and money being lost or going missing.

Such a pity as hotel in great location!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 11th of August 2008

Hotels near Club Kocer Apartments

Stayed at Club Kocer Apartments? Share your insight.