Angel's Suites Marmaris

Cildir Mevki 137 Sok. No 2, Marmaris 48700 Turkey

First and Last time

"We a Family of 7 (4 adults 3 children) booked a holiday at the Xanthos Apartments for 2 weeks after reading rave reviews on Trip Advisor.

I would just like to explain we are easy going and love to have fun, we have been on many holidays before in the past, so we kind of have a good idea what a poor hotel consists of. Credit to the cleaning staff they do a very good job.. and the swimming pool is probably one of the best in the area.

From day one of the 2 weeks that we stayed at the Xanthos Apartments we never felt comfortable. The rooms were very poor. Dont get me wrong we fully understood before going that the apartments were described as Basic, but when we got there we were pretty shocked, the fridge did not work properly, we had problems with the kitchen tap, light fittings were hanging from the ceiling, the shower doors virtually struggled to hold themselves on the runners, the plumbing within the shower cubical was also faulty, whilst showering we had to switch off the water supply and wait until the water drained away before comencing. One day we had very heavy rain and the seal on the window leaked leaving a large puddle of water on the marble tiled floor which our 2 year old daughter slipped on and banged her head. Another problem with the windows in the bedroom was that when open there were very sharp edges that catch you on the arm as you squeeze past to get around the bed, in the center of the headboard in the bedroom in apt. 312 was an electrical power point which was positioned directly at pillow height with the lead to the bedside lamp running under the pillow.

Elsewhere in the Hotel the staff stood virtually on your shoulder waiting for you to finish your drink and the second you put the glass down they swoop and ask if you want another, it was also the same with the meals. The children tried a few times to use the computer but there was usually a member of the staff checking the football results online match betting. The pool table was not very good and you had to pay to use it. One Saturday night we were watching the days football on Sky, and a member of the staff picked up the remote and turned it over to the Spanish football which he wanted to watch as he had a bet on the game. The only time the staff bothered with the children was when they were trying to sell us tickets for the BBQ which was probably the best night we had at the Xanthos to be honest, the other nights we were out having fun elsewhere, we tried to enjoy ourselves at the Xanthos and to give it at least a little credit the swimming pool was very good and large. To put our minds at ease we asked others what the thought of the hotel and they confirmed that they would never return. There was just no atmosphere at all.

There is so much to do in Marmaris the Jeep Safari with cheeky Kevin and Ozzy, mud baths, waterpark were all amazing. this made up for the disapointment of the hotel...."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of October 2006

LOVED THE PLACE

"i loved these apartments, it was very clean and the food was good aswell as the entertainment. the staff were great would do anything for you and they were great with the kids aswell very friendly and polite. if i ever holiday in turkey mamaris again i would definatlly be going back to these apartments hoping to go back in the summer of next year."

• Travel date: Fri 15th of September 2006

great place

"When we booked the Xanthos i was a bit worried, i need not have been. Yes the apartments are very basic but every hotel/apartment i have stayed in in Turkey has been, the place is kept spotless, maids in the rooms every day.
the pool area is fine, always plenty of sunbeds, the pool is cleaned and the water tested every night. The little play area is good for the little ones but be careful during the day as the plastic got extremely hot!!
The food is good in the restaurant, Turkish night is a must see.
The staff are very friendly, especially Okan. yes there was a little hassle to stay in the apartments for meals etc.... but we spent a lot of our money there during the day around the pool with the kids so they could`nt complain that we did`nt want to stay every night too, they were fine with a polite no.
The apartments are in a good position, about a 10-15 min walk down to the beach, although it does seem longer in the heat. It a quiet area but still has plenty of shops/bars/restaurants close by. A good one is Havana bar if you have young children, you cant miss it, its just around the corner from Xanthos.
We paid £50 for air con for 2 weeks, it was definately needed. Some other guests went and bought fans from the Gima supermarket for about £15 then gave them to the staff for their rooms when they left.
I would stay at the Xanthos again as we enjoyed it so much."

• Travel date: Thu 29th of June 2006

Clean and friendly

"Just returned from Xanthos aparts in Marmaris. Went for last week of May for half term holidays. I took my two children aged 8 and 10 and my mother and mother-in-law who are both 70(ish)!. We all enjoyed our holiday here. The apartments are very basic but also very clean. The only thing I would advise you to take is a travel kettle as they provide a small pan but this takes forever to actually boil! The pool area was quite clean and the pool cleaned every evening. There was always plenty sunbeds although if you want one that has sun all day there are only a few. It is only a steady 10 minutes stroll down to the sea front and the beach is narrow and fairly busy. The hotel provides some form of entertainment each night and the BBQ night is worth going to. The staff are very friendly also. The food is OK but not large portions. We had air con which cost us £25 for the week in one apartment. The chemist around the corner is very helpful and speaks very good English if you do have a problem. Would recommend insect repellant and plug-in mosquito repellant but seems no worse than anywhere else. Lots of bars and restaurants nearby although they do hassle you to go in when you walk past! Also so do the shops, barbers, trip booking offices, beauticians, taxis etc etc!!! Practise saying no lots of times before you go! The dolmus goes from outside hotel to Marmaris centre and takes 5-10 mins on bus. Overall we had a lovely week and found Xanthos to be relaxing. Kids loved the pool. My son loved the pool table in the hotel and my daughter the internet computer. These are paid for by the hour but my kids went on a few times when someone else had paid and then left. The staff didn't seem to mind them doing this either - they let my son have the odd game of pool for free too. Overall great place but basic."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of June 2006

Holiday stay

"We just got back this morning and I have to say my kids are missing the hotel guys allready.
We had a brill time at the hotel, it is VERY basic but very clean. The staff are only too happy to help you. There was talk that the staff hassle you for the hotel enterainment but this isn't true. Yes they did tell you what was on each night when they passed you but no real hassle. I would deffinatly recomend the Turkish night with the bellydancer. This was the best food we had in the restaurant at the apartments, and it's ALL you can eat. You have to pay for the evening BUT it is very reasonable. However make sure you have small notes when the dancer comes around as she dances for tips and coins are NOT accepted.
The food menu has a wide range, but not up to the standards of the local resturants.
You will need to buy yourself some toilet roll as they only supply one roll. We didn't have the air-conditioning on in the room as they wanted £90 for 14 days. We slept with doors and windows open the whole time.
All-in-all it was a long journey from the airport but well worth it! Have fun if you are thinking of going............. Take plenty of Bug Repelant though as I was a 3 course meal for any mozzy that had an appitite."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of October 2005

Very Fantastic

Good

"We went with just 3 of us and the bar staff are great and made my daughter very welcome we would deffo go back and the trips and entertaiment is brilliant i would deffo recomend the xanthos apartments this is becouse of the nightlife and the bar staff and the trips"

• Travel date: Tue 20th of September 2005

Brilliant!!!

Good

"Staff are the nicest people you will ever meet.
Went with gang of 19 year olds and they were a great laugh but at the same time they were great with babies and young children staying there.
Very clean!!
Couldn't praise this place enough!
Ideal for anyone and everyone.
Lost wallet in bar on fourth night and waiter returned it to me instantly!"

• Travel date: Sat 16th of July 2005

looks exactly lik the pictures in the brochure.

"When we arrived at the apartments at 3 in the morning, I wanted to turn around and leave again. We had decided to go self catering as we were fed up with being tied to times in Hotels for meals etc, We were told it was 3* by the Holiday company Ideal Holidays. I beg to differ! However we slept on it and got up the next day and viewed our location. The apartments are right next to a busy road with constant traffic noise, and exactly opposite our balcony eas a disused field which people use as a car park. Th apartments are very very basic, but lovely and clean. The beds are made most days and towels changed 2-3 times per week. Evening entertainment was good, we only stayed in once to see the belly dancer my Husband and sons loved her, she was fab and very entertaining. BBQ food was lovely.
The hotel staff are very polite and friendly and can't do enough for you. I would not rush back here myself because there are lot's of othere places to try, but if you end up there as a last minute booking like we did, you will still have a nice time. Our rep was a Sunset rep, he was okay as reps go. However beware hiring cars through them as they reccommend a company called Koral cars, what heaps some of their cars are. Our rep had not even viewed the condition of any of the cars before telling people to book them He learned his lesson when he saw ours as it was a heap. Eventually after wasting half a day sorting out another car we were upgraded to a much better car. If you're not happy with anything say so. Marmaris is lovely, the old town is beautiful by the Harbour. If you can ignore the hassle from restaurant staff trying to get you to go in or the same with shop owners, then you should have a fab time...........weather permitting! (we had rain and thunder most of our week)"

• Travel date: Fri 3rd of June 2005

absolutely FANTASTIC!!

"i stayed in the Xanthos Apartments for 2 weeks in October with my friend. I found the staff incredibly friendly and ready to help anyone. Our room was cleaned regulary and we recieved towels. Almost every night there was something else going on in the hotel. Different celebration nights that they have. eg. BBQ Night where you pay so much to get a massive amount of food all you can eat and entertainment. I went to every entertainment night. Loved it so much going three times this year. recommend to anyone!"

• Travel date: Tue 8th of February 2005

Absolutly brilliant!!!!

"The Xanthos Apartments are the best apartments in Marmaris. The food is great, the rooms are great, the place was lovely and clean and the staff were just absolutly brilliant! You couldnt find a nicer place to spend your holiday. The staff were so friendly and helpfull they would go out of their way just to help you. One night when we were in the Xanthos it was my mams birday and the staff brought a huge birthday cake out for her and then they took us all down to the beach front to a night club called BAR X and it was great. They asked if we wanted anyone of them to walk us back to the apartments incase we got lost. They were so friendly. The Xanthos was the only place where I realy wanted to go back because it was that good and we are going back next May I cant wait. I would realy advise people to go there if you want to have a good holiday. Soner from the Xanthos was a big help. The Xanthos Is The Place To Be In Marmaris! Thanks for a great holiday!"

• Travel date: Thu 16th of December 2004

Great Apartments

"Me and my husband stayed here for a week in Sept 2011, and really enjoyed our stay. The room we stayed in was nice and clean. And the maid came round and cleaned it every day. We were supplied toilet roll when we ran out (we had read reviews where they stated you had to buy your own!)
The pool was always clean, and plenty of room to sunbath.
The staff were really friendly, such a nice bunch of people.
The entertainment in the week was fun too :-)
We had lunch in the Apartments every day, and it was fairly priced, and always tasted good :)
Really enjoyed our stay... is only about a 10-15 minute walk to the beach as well.. And has a supermarket just around the corner...
We had everything we needed in the Apartment, nice balcony where we could see part of the pool. Clean fridge, hobs, cups and plates , and everything needed for a self catering holiday.
When we arrived at 3am - they were happy to change money for us , and there was staff available to help take our cases to the room.
I would go back here again for sure... Nice and cheap, and really enjoyable :)"

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of September 2011

Disgusting!

"We recently stayed in the Xanthos Apartments and, in the 12 years I have been holidaying in Marmaris, has to be the worst hotel I've ever had the disfortune of staying in.
Upon arrival at the hotel after 10 hours of travelling, the hotel staff didn't help us with one item of luggage, this included three suitcases, three hand luggages, and my three year old daughters buggy.
When we went to reception we were told we had been allocated a basement room, even though in Thomas Cook I had paid for a top floor studio. We then had to move all our luggage down a flight of stairs, past a filthy kitchen and toilet, to the room we'd been allocated which, I can only compare it to a prison cell.
The curtains were hanging off the wall, it smelled really badly of mould, there was no kettle, pans, oven hob in the kitchen, even though it was a self catering room. There was black hair all over the bathroom, a broken shower, dirty sheets, no table or chairs on the balcony and a group of stray cats sat on the balcony ready to pounce.
I went back to reception and asked to be moved to a different room and was told this may take up til nine oclock at night. I said that isn't a problem as I wasn't willing to let my daughter stay in there for even one night.
When we were allocated a different room this was on the top floor of the hotel. Again no staff came to help us take all the luggage plus a very energetic three year old up four flights of stairs. But the room we were moved to was a little bit better than the previous one.
After this we were very reluctant to stay in the hotel throughout our holiday so from this point on the staff were very hostile and unfriendly (apart from the receptionist). We were also referred to for the rest of the week as "them who moved rooms".
My three year old daughter, who has down syndrome, is a very pleasant and friendly girl and when she approached staff to say hello they just looked at her and turned their backs.
If you are thinking of holidaying in Marmaris I strongly advise you not to book this hotel. Luckily my parents were staying in another hotel in the resort and they were more than welcoming and let us use their pool daily. They also allowed my parents to babysit my daughter and let her stay overnight. I would greatly recommend the Blue Palace apartments which is just a short walk from Xanthos Apartment.

• Travel date: Tue 20th of September 2011

Hotels near Angel's Suites Marmaris

Stayed at Angel's Suites Marmaris? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Angel's Suites Marmaris

• neilbroadtyke by neilbroadtyke

"good food at mad boys "

• Ebonyyy(: by Ebonyyy(:

"Most probably robin hood's restaurant & the konak bar(: "

• srw444 by srw444

"Marmaris is one of the best places i have been to "

• eddo by eddo

"beware the bar staff "

• DannyBoii by DannyBoii

"Great Laugh! Well worth it!! "

• sunleigh by sunleigh

"Don't pack your suitcase full when you are going or you won't have enough room for all the clothes s "

• kezza by kezza

"The Jeep Safari trip was so much fun - be warned - you get very very wet!! haha "

Angel's Suites Marmaris is also called