Amaris Apartments

Hatipirimi Mahallesi 135 Sokak, 35 No:35, Marmaris 48700 Turkey

Good

great apartments

"just back from the amaris apartments and had a great time.staff were first class.food was great at the apartments.i enjoyed myself that much i have booked again for july.i would recommend these apartments to everyone."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of June 2010

Noise at Amaris.......

"Lots of bars are noisy and worse in Holiday Resorts, but stop moaning and wear Earplugs, buy them from Boots, roll them up, put them in, and get a good nights sleep.I have not had a problem for 15 years.........As for apartment Bar staff be polite,smile and say no to the constant hustle. Think he walked past me around 20 times one day, but with my walkman on ,he just gave up. Please do not let it spoil your holiday, its the turkish ways, or stick Spain if you do not want hassle."

• Travel date: Tue 6th of April 2010

Go as a guest,leave as a friend!

"Me and my parents stayed at Amaris for 2 weeks. Staff are excellent,food is great,drinks are not watered down which u will find in a lot of bars (I just send mine back and ask for more vodka) Apartments are spacious,huge balcony and maid service is excellent,they make hearts and swans out of towels,really creative! Excellent value for money,the owner is really friendly and u meet alot of other guests staying at Amaris. I liked location more friendly up this end,bars and restaurants 5 mins away,at the crossroads,short walk to beach front. We played cards with the staff an ball games in pool! They play with small kids as well like kickin a ball with them and so on.If you want food brought to your room they will do that for free and we got fresh huge baguettes made from Recep to bring to airport!Nothing is to much hassle!Turkish nights are great they put on extra like bands,traditional dancers and 2 belly dancers who get people up to participate!!
TIP - DONT EAT IN NATALIES STEAKHOUSE,read reviews and tried,terrible steak,overpriced charging for things u get free in other restaurants like bread before with dips,onions and mushrooms! Staff are rude yawning and leaning on tables atmosphere is uncomfortable,only bad experience in 2 weeks!
SEPTEMBERS on crossroads do proper english breakfast,pork sausage,back bacon for 99p!!! We shopped around and this is the best!!!
RECOMMEND Jeep Safari so much fun,boat trip and Turkish bath that is clean and private,good price opposite Amaris in CLUB EXCELSIOR!
All over loved Marmaris and Amaris apartments miss them so much and will be back next year!!"

• Travel date: Thu 15th of October 2009

Don't stay here if you want a decent night's sleep

"Me and my girlfriend stayed here for 2 weeks in early September. I read excellent reviews on Trip Advisor about it, and it sounded fine, so we went ahead and booked.
We knew Marmaris had a bit of a reputation as a party town, but as this hotel seemed slightly out of the centre (at least as far as we could tell on Google Maps), we thought it wouldn't be too noisy, so we could get a good night's kip when we wanted to head out on trips that demanded an early start.
However, our balcony was above the pool area, where the bar is too, and the bar plays music from 9am till just after midnight. The bar staff were always turning the volume up and down, which drove us mad. Two weeks of listening to the same tunes at all hours of the day gets pretty annoying if you ask me. And when they do eventually turn the music off, people still hang out at the bar until whatever hour, and then you have to listen to hammered guests arriving back at their rooms throughout the small hours - I heard one woman throwing up in the corridor.
The surrounding places also bang the music out, so if it's quiet at Amaris, no doubt you'll be able to hear somewhere across the way either doing karaoke or caning some cheesy dance music. However, this is Marmaris, and I have to put this down to experience and accept that for many people, this is probably what they come here for, and what they like about it. But after trips out to beautiful, more chilled out places like Turunc, Datca and Bozburun, I wished we'd stayed there instead. The dog that the previous reviewer mentioned is annoying - it barks at any hour, and if they've got it in the reception area, you suddenly have dog barks echoing through the hotel at 5am. It also bites, as my girlfriend discovered, so don't go near it.
The rooms are clean, so I've no complaints about that, and the young lady on reception is nice and helpful.
I'd have to agree with other people though that the bar staff get a bit funny with you if you're not drinking or eating there. If I'd wanted to eat at the same place all the time I'd have booked a hotel - this was booked as self catering. We made our own breakfast every morning, and a few dinners too, and when the bar staff realised we were buying food and beer and taking it to our room, they became distinctly less friendly. It would be OK if you could avoid them, but to go in the hotel you have to walk past them and put up with their scowls.
So to sum up, the rooms are fine and it's not a bad hotel, but with the noise and the weird attitude from the bar staff, it's not a relaxing place to stay at all. The only reason I've not given it a terrible review is because maybe I have to accept that we were a little naive to expect a good night's sleep in Marmaris..."

• Travel date: Fri 25th of September 2009

Spend money here or they will ignore you,

"We stayed here for the last two weeks in August, the best part about the apartments are the cleaner even though she leaves an envelope for a tip at the end of your holiday and the Turkish night was ok but again all the acts want tips.

now for the bad bits (make a cup of tea and get comfy)

On the first morning the owner/manager said the booking was only for 2 adults and not for the kids, I felt like he was accusing me of something until i told him it was booked with the flight tickets and i couldn't have missed them off the booking, then i heared nothing more about it, i also overheared him accuse 2 other families of the same thing.

The room was clean but the sofa bed in the kitchen/diner area was very uncomfortable to sit on so can't imagine sleeping there, the air conditioning only works in the bedroom and is charged at £30-£35 per week, our fridge didn't work properly the owner/manager said 3 times it was ok but the milk went sour after 2-3 hours, not good for self catering, the kettle wouldn't switch off, i asked for a toaster and after the 3rd it eventually worked but i turned it over and all the wires were bare on the cord!

The pool is tiny but it is a nice temperature but the sun loungers are 1 foot away so there is not a lot of room around it and you are always getting splashed, we called the pool area "the graveyard" because there was no life around it. The best pool to go to near the amaris is the Club Excelsior Apartments there is a great aptmosphere there, daytime entertainment and pool games, The apartments are nicer there too.

For the first couple of days we were around the Amaris pool, and the staff were great because we were spending money on food and drinks, but when we decided to go to the other pools (it's welcomed in Marmaris to use other pools) their attitude changed, firstly they stopped saying good morning, then they just ignored us all together even as we walked past, the bar manager called us rubbish, the manager/owner (beige shorts) stared at us enough to make us feel uncomfortable. We felt it had cost us enough money to stay there they should have been courteous, we would not allow it in a B&B in England just because we didn't drink at their bar. The night staff thought it was funny to have the resident dog barking at 2or3or4am.

The bar manager told a group of ladies talking in the hallway at 12:00 lunchtime and a family playing in the pool (mid afternoon) to be quiet, but never said anything to the drunks leaving his bar at 2 am, shouting and singing at the top of their voice as they walked through the hallway.

i think the general quality of the apartments are ok, they are in my opinion spoilt by the staff that work there. The content i have included here is all fact, i value and partly base my holiday decisions on the content of trip advisor so i would not mis lead anyone with false information!!"

• Travel date: Mon 7th of September 2009

very clean and spacious apartments

"we stayed in amaris apartments and they were very good value for the money. the cleaners were in every day. they were very spacious and we had two balconies. however there is another hotel close by called club amaris so taxis and transfers and can mixed up. we were dropped off at the wrong one! it is situated in a quiet area but is within walking distance to the beach and the centre. the little supermarket at the end of the road gives a good exchange rate, be carefull of the actual exchange shops we were done on 180 TL. but we were advised to go back and say we would get the police if he didn;t give us our money, which he did. Staff there were very friendly, but would some times have an attitude problem if you didn;t come to the events that were on in the apartments. Manager was very helpful and speaks great english. There is not much to do here for young children, but other than that it was a very nice place. oh and there os no lift s lets hope you are not on the 4th floor!!"

• Travel date: Wed 29th of July 2009

a great hotel

Good

"these apartments are excellent for a relaxing holiday. just returned yesterday and i found it very clean and a great pool area - even though the beds are reserved with towels early on ignoring the rule not to. the bar is calming but the music can sometimes get a bit too loud but thats what most hotels in the area are like. the people are fun and speak very good english and helpful. the rooms could do with a bit more furniture but i think tables and chairs have been removed due to vandalism and on our wall we had graffitti painted over and you could see this in some light, not the hotels fault though. the shower has funny turns and changes quickly from boiling hot to freezing cold. beds are a good size and comfy, sofa bed very hard but when we asked we got another bed. good balcony outlooks but the only bad thing is the becah is a good 20 minute walk (lots of changing streets, not a single road to follow) and i didnt walk to the centre but could take 40 minutes, only a 5 minute taxi drive costing around 10 lera, about 3 or 4 pound - dangerous drivers though.
overall a good hotel for a holiday in the lovely marmaris."

• Travel date: Tue 21st of July 2009

excellant time

"i have just come back from marmaris in turkey and it was 1 of the best holidays i have had.i went with my mum who is 62 my daughters aged 17 and 15,
we stayed at the amaris apartments which were spotlessly clean and the staff were excellant and did not hesitate to help you.
we had a turkish night there and it was fab.

we found a local bar around the corner called WELCOME INN which is a karaoke bar,katy(who is british) runs the karaoke.the staff are just the kindest people i have ever meet not only is the food good the staff make you feel so welcome and will help you out in any way they can.ie taxis,places to go,the main people in there are tyson,thomas,and maradona,theses men help run the bar as well as other members of staff.so if you are in the area it is well worth a visit, thanks for a wicked holiday,in it.

other attractins are the spa which starts from £25.00 it is wonderfull and well worth doing male or female.
the boat trips are wondwerful and will cost you about £10.00,this is also well worth it but you must shop around as sum prices variey.the area itself is beautiful and i carnt wait to go back."

• Travel date: Mon 20th of July 2009

brilliant

"had a great time at these aparments, the room was excellent with 2 balconies,a bit basic for self catering,but everything else was spot on,rooms cleaned every day and clean beds ans towels everyday,fantastic staff who will do anything for you(,mehmet the barman was a bit to pushy if you did'nt want a drink he gave us the cold shoulder a couple of times) pool is great aswell and ceaned every night,and the turkish night is a must,would definately stay here again."

• Travel date: Mon 13th of July 2009

Great, clean apartments, would recommend anyone to go!

"I attended at Amaris Apartments with my friend. The apartments are cleaned every day, you get clean towels every day, the staff were very friendly and nice, their English was also very good, the food/bar area was great. I would recommend this to anyone looking to stay in turkey.

However, the location was a good 15 – 20 minute walk from where all the good shops, good beach area, bars and clubs were. In the heat, it can be exhausting trying to make it there and back! If you are like me and hate walking then you may want to be a bit closer! Also please do not get confused, there is Club Amaris and Amaris Apartments and these two are not far from each other and do get confused as one another. I would also say that if you are going to Amaris Apartments and are planning to eat in all the time, I would think again. There was no kettle, microwave or toaster. They only had a hob off a cooker to use and there were no pots! But we went and ate all the time anyway.

I would also recommend that if you are young and wanting to go for a party holiday in Turkey, Club Nergis (I think that’s what its called) is where you want to be. It is a hotel right in the centre of the strip of bars and clubs and its where all the young ones want to be!

Anyway, I would recommend Amaris Apartments to anyone."

• Travel date: Sat 4th of July 2009

AN AMAZING HOTEL

"I was traveling alone and was made so welcome when i arrived..from the friendly staff and Sadie the manager..everything was bang on..rooms were spacious and spotless...the lads did a good job keeping you entertained and so helpful..what i did like about this hotel was that you did not get any hassle at all even if you did not have many meals there i would highly recommend this hotel to anyone...I have never laughed so much in all my life...also it was so handy for night life as you had all the bars on your doorstep did not have to go far then boogie the night away in pasha the night club.could not fault this hotel..by the way the chef is very good and makes a mean breakfast thanks for a wonderful stay"

• Travel date: Thu 10th of October 2013

going back 15th aug 2012

"cant wait until the 15 aug going bk had a brill time last year taking all my family this year bring it on cant wait let party "

• Travel date: Thu 9th of August 2012

Hotels near Amaris Apartments

Stayed at Amaris Apartments? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Amaris Apartments

• lwhite by lwhite

"Bar street is a definite must go, (Wear you swimming costume though) "

• lwhite by lwhite

"Bar street and the bars on the sea front "

• Janet C by Janet C

"just to be yourself..relax..and chill out with the friendly staff who go out of their way for you "