Sezgins Boutique Pansion

Aslanlar Cad. No: 44 Kusadasi Merkez, Kusadasi 09400 Turkey

Good

great facility but staff lowered the score

"Stayed here a few nights in June. Would be a great place except for a few mishaps that ended up costing me money. First, the room was spacious and comfortable. Note, there is only electricity when you are in the room. So every time we entered we had to suffer while the AC cooled the place off. Nice size bathroom. The pool was not full because of a mechanical problem but its not much of a pool anyway. There is a great backyard patio but Sezgin doesnt make much use of it. It would be a great place to have a happy hour or something so that guests could meet and greet. As it is, there isnt much opportunity to meet people at this location. Now the bad, the staff recommended a place for a Turkish massage that turned out to be quite dodgy. We were quoted a 20 lira price but they charged us 50. A car picked us up and was supposed to drop us off but when we were done they said "the car is busy" and suggested we walk back. We raised some noise and got them to pay for a cab. Also, a couple of excursion that we took were quoted to us in lira but when we went to pay, the price was euro. Let me tell you, there is a big difference between 70 lira and 70 euro. So the facility gets 4 stars but the staff gets two. We'll average it out to 3 and call it a day."

• Travel date: Sat 28th of June 2008

Nice Location/Rooms - But We Had Some Problems

Good

"The Sezgin Hotel is perfectly located in the middle of town about 2 blocks from Bar Street. At the port, we were told to hire a cab and the hotel would take care of the tab when we arrived. The guy working the front door didn't have small change so he asked us to get the fare and he'd pay us back later (which they forgot to do and we had to remind them). The room was nice and looked to be recently renovated....nice large attached bathoom and a little kitchenette area with a small fridge. For some odd reason the bathroom had a window on the door....so much for privacy in the bathroom. I have no gripe about the hotel quality, room quality, price nor location....all of that was fine. The problems we had were related to a recommended Turkish bath by the hotel (the Turkish Bath overcharged us) and that tour prices (booked thru the hotel) weren't made clear to us that the prices were all in Euro's and not Turkish Lira....kind of a nasty shock when we settled our bill at checkout. I'd like to think the entire thing was just a miscommunication...but I'm betting this has happened before and it happened to us twice. I would be tempted to give Sezgin a 4 star review....but given the mutiple miscommunications and lousy Turkish Bath recommendation...I'm knocking them down to a 3 star review."

• Travel date: Tue 17th of June 2008

frıendly and relaxed

"We were pıcked up at Izmır aırport by Sezgıns brother who was very frıendly and relaxed. He took us the hotel whıch ıs perfectly located, clean, the room we had was huge and all of our tours (ephesus, pumakale etc) were arranged at very faır prıces. Sezgın and hıs staff are as good a team as you would hope to fınd. Pool, aırcondıtıonıng, great breakfast ın nıce courtyard and all amenıtıes. We have been travellıng around Europe for some tıme and thıs ıs the best place (value for money) we have stayed at."

• Travel date: Tue 24th of June 2008

Great place frıendly staff

"We really enjoyed our stay here. The location of Sezgın hotel is perfect for Kusadasi as it is in the centre of town near the port. It ıs ın a nıce quıet local area of town but a short walk to all restaurants and bars as well as the bazaar.
We booked our tours through the hotel staff and thoroughly enjoyed the company they selected. It ıs a very good locatıon for vısıtıng Efesus and a good stoppıng poınt for headıng up the coast or headıng to/from the Greek Islands. There are beaches near by and you can book all Blue Cruıses from here as well.
The staff are very frıendly and very helpfull and have a great knowledge of the area and tours / trıps avaılable. The room we had was very spacıous and clean. overall a very good place to stay especıally for the prıce."

• Travel date: Wed 18th of June 2008

Not Just For Kids

"Trust me when we say we’ve done some travelling; we’ve been on the road since April 2006 and have no intention of letting up for a good while yet (see www.ktelontour.blogspot.com if you need proof), so we know all about accommodation and what’s good, bad and in between.

We stayed ten days at Sezgin Hotel, Kusadasi and I’d happily recommend it to anyone on a budget. It is ideally located less than three minute’s walk from the centre of the town, slightly longer from the harbour and if arriving by bus at the central station, they even pay for the taxi that delivers you directly to their doorstep.

Our large, airy and light room (with en suite bathroom and hot water on tap at any time) had a lovely view of the swimming pool from its two balconies, plus access to a fridge and work surface to prepare a light snack should the desire take you. Which is rare, as breakfast is included and there is a myriad of choices for dining around the town.

Other facilities included colour television (local channels only), free, constant broadband wi-fi internet access (a must for us wherever we stay), free air-con and a large, comfortable bed with fresh towels and linen at your request.

The staff too have just the right blend of helpfulness and knowing when to observe your privacy and they are always polite and willing to offer their services should you request anything out of the ordinary. They even helped us to arrange our pick up with the Fez Bus.

However, best of all is that it’s peaceful. Whilst there is certainly a good range of age groups, (we’re in our early forties), no one kept partying to the early hours of the morning allowing us to get a good night’s kip and be fresh and eager to explore this exciting and vibrant, Turkish coastal town. Enjoy."

• Travel date: Fri 6th of June 2008

Friendly Sezgin

"My partner and I are keen travellers, and like our independence. When passing through Kusadasi we stayed at the Sezgin for three days, walking the beaches of the Delik National Park during the visit. We had the pleasure of a large, airy spotlessly clean room, very reasonable rates and a friendly staff. The staff are attentive without being ovewhelming, and we were not pressed with the usual requests that we take organised tours, though these were available if required. We reccommend the place highly."

• Travel date: Sun 8th of June 2008

Slightly sketchy and underwhelming

"I'm shocked to see this the top rated hostel, however I did stay there a few months ago. We found Sezgin sketchy and untrustworthy. Especially when he tried to book tours for us, he demanded we give him an answer immediately (before we could price compare). In another instance we only took half the tour and he didn't refund the money (as agreed upon). He did set us up with a friend starting a turkish bath, which was really fun and we got a good deal.

The hostel was in a decent location (a slight walk up-hill). The restaurant recommendation they made were very strange (or maybe the staff disliked us....) And no one was allowed in the pool, except the staff. But that might have been okay as the pool was pretty dirty. We could only reach the hallway light on when you at our room, so we'd have to walk a long way without light. The room was big and we were pleased with that, although the shower left something to be desired.

Despite the complaints, we had a few nice chats with the staff and one evening they bought everyone in the hostel wine and watermelon. We chatted around the candlelight and had a really nice evening."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of May 2008

Great Budget Hotel

"I've been traveling around on a budget for close to 3 months and this was one of the best places I have stayed. I highly recommend this guesthouse to anyone looking for a great room and great service at an affordable price. The staff booked my tours, drove me everywhere I needed to go to catch busses, and even woke up extra early to make me a Turkish breakfast when I had an early tour. Location was great and there was a beautiful outdoor breakfast area. All in all, great budget hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 6th of May 2008

Fantastic place !

"My friend and I stayed at Sezgin's guesthouse for 3 nights in March 2008. We enjoyed our stay there immensely. Sezgin and his cousin Deniz were wonderful and helped in arranging our visits to wherever we wanted to go, in addition to dropping us off at the Izmir airport. They were also really friendly and welcoming and they made our visit there very memorable. The rooms are very comfortable and nicely decorated. They also serve a home-made breakfast which was really nice. I would recommend this place to everyone and hopefully, will get a chance to go back there."

• Travel date: Fri 4th of April 2008

relax at sezgins

"My wıfe and I stayed at Sezgıns for a week ın March.The staff were unfaılıngly helpful and frıendly. The room was good wıth a very comfortable bed. Sezgın( Mr Flash ) was excellent at organısıng trıps to hıstorıval places as so early ın the season not all the tourıst outfıts were up and runnıng. Altogether a very good tıme and I would recommend sezgıns to anyone."

• Travel date: Tue 25th of March 2008

Kusadasi Hotel & Guesthouse Cant Beat for the Money

"if you're on a budget..and are looking for a nice small great hotel...clean, nice atmosphere central to Kusadasi look no further!...ok its not a 4-5 star...but its well worth the money!..We've stayed twice...and not been disappointed!"

• Travel date: Sun 13th of May 2012

This is far the best hotel that i stayed in turkey”

"Sezgins guesthouse was my choice becouse my friends stayed at 2009 there.
And they had very good recommendations about it.Deniz pick me up from the izmir airport.Location is great, walking distance to every interesting point.
silent rooms (double glass panels), excellent beds, original and warm decoration, nice welcoming with good restaurant tips...
simple complimentary breakfast served in the lovely garden.
what else shall i say?
go!"

• Travel date: Wed 1st of June 2011

Hotels near Sezgins Boutique Pansion

Stayed at Sezgins Boutique Pansion? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Sezgins Boutique Pansion

• beni1510 by beni1510

"nice tow close to ephesus "

• muniba by muniba

"Kusadasi is a lovely place "

• "great place to chill out nice rooms "

• harrislee by harrislee

"sezgins is a great family spot with nice botanic garden and quite big size swimming pool and the rooms are specius. "

Sezgins Boutique Pansion is also called