Sealight Resort Hotel

- Spacious
- A la carte restaurants
- Wireless internet all around

Negative
- Diversity food (small buffets for such a large hotel, mostly the same stuff all the time)
- Service restaurant (fries and pasta’s are prepared on a per user basis, huge waiting time)
- Service for drinks (not enough personnel)
- Available seats at bar/lobby (fight for your seat after 21:00h.)
- Available chairs at main pool (fight for your chair before 9:00h.)
- Opening hours restaurants (late breakfast at 10:00h.=almost no breakfast and they start breaking down the house at 10:00:00h. sharp, even with 100 people still having breakfast. Same for lunch or dinner)
- Isolation rooms (you can hear your neighbors quite well, we had a person snoring next to us)
- Ultra-all-in but you still have to pay for a lot of things (orange juice duhh??)
- You can’t smoke outside on the balcony of the room or you get a warning (duhh??)
- No alcohol in the mini-bar (not even a small beer)
- Prices in the hotel-shops are a enormous (3.75 for cigarettes compared to 1.75 in the city)
- Language is an issue (they tell you they understand but actually…)"

• Travel date: Mon 19th of May 2008

loved this hotel

"date 1 oct to 14 oct 2007
tripadvisor member wales uk

just returned from the sealight hotel,not sure where to begin,it was everything i expected and more.i booked this hotel for our 25th wedding anniversary,as a treat for my wife.
i booked the honeymoon suite,but didnt know if i was going to get it untill i arrived, on arrival at reception at 6 am we were asked if we wanted anything to eat or drink from the 24hour bar but declined as we were tired.we were given the key to room 2626 which i assumed was on the 2nd floor,by now i was getting worried theres no way the honeymoon suite was going to be on the second floor,once in the lift the porter pressed the button for floor 6 ...what a relief as we asked for a top floor with sea view...as he opened the door and switched on the red lights i thought yes RESULT..her face was a picture in front of us was the biggest round bed ive ever seen decorated in red and white ,a bottle of champagne on ice,a fruit basket,and a plate of milk and dark chocolates,....oh and a jacuzzi in the bathroom to finish it off...keep reading it gets better......
games room on lower level...it has 2 pool tables 1 billiards table, and wait for it 2 ten pin bowling alleys..which is chargable
15 ytl per game ( about 6 pounds )....also on the same level is the gym ....with every piece of equipment computerised..see pics..still on the same level is the elysion spa.which i highly recommend,,,its run by serdar a friend who i met 4 years ago in the tusan beach hotel,just mention my name ..you never know you might get a discount.....it has 2 steam rooms 1 sauna a hammam a beautifull pool a room for pedicure manicure etca fussion bath,infrared electro therapy tunnel,water capsule,milk bath,hot stone massage,etc etc etc ,give it a try you wont be dissapointed,,,,,,,,
lounge area and reception...
well laid out with comfortable 3 piece suites ..the 24 hour bar is situated here drinks were very good ,king charles whiskey,russian vodka raki amaretto etc ice cream stand,cake stand,open all day,,,there is also an internet which is free to use ...ther are about 6 shops ,jeweller hairdresser,clothes,tattoo,gift,leather......all reasonably priced with good quality goods........
nice pools outside a bit cold though .nice paddling pool for children,which is fenced off from main pool.pool bar serving chips burgers salads etc very nice ...main restuarant well laid out spotlessy clean with a good variety of dishes,fish,lamb,kebabs,chicken ,
a la carte.....1 fish which we never got round to using but were told it was good.....1 italian which we tried it was nice....and the chinese ..which was out of this world.......we ate there 5 times in the 2 weeks we were there allways ordering the hot/cold soup which was deliciouse the noodles were great and the canton veal which comes on a SIZZLER PLATE this meal was to die for it was so tasty we spent most of the night just talking about it........beach bar is very similar to the pool bar regarding food and drink.............
entertainment.........didnt see much really maybe cos it was the end of season ,,had a belly dancer not bad....outside darts ,5 a side football park and tennis court overlooking the sea......lighthouse bar which is lit up at nights constantly changing colour..as is the outside of the hotel.....very pretty...
childrens slide pool,small play area.
beach.area......small but clean with jet skis,pedallos,rubber rings,plenty of loungers with umbrellas.
only down side to the beach is the very steep winding road down to it,,BUT they have a golf buggy that runs all day ferrying people up and down THANK GOD ...as you can tell im not a fitness freak...next year ive been told they are going to install some sort of lift or elevator to make it easier for the russians to get to the beach as they refused to use the golf buggy .......
staff.....all the staff were great and work very very hard ,,18 hours a day for around 250 per month ,,
the hotel is closing the end of oct for four or five months so they can extend the hotel by another 150 rooms ,and another swimming pool, hope they dont make it too big i like it as it is ........
temp......between 80 and 90 every day just right
all in all worth the 5 stars i will be going back
bye for now john 517
ps a big thanks to steve and jo for being such good company"

• Travel date: Tue 16th of October 2007

Excellent Resort!

"Just returned from a 2 week holiday and can only say that the The Sealight is a first class 5 star resort!
With regard to the last review..
On our first night we stayed in one of the twin rooms which have been designed for disabled guests. Yes there is a design fault and the water did run in to the room, but the staff cleaned it up within 5 mins and we were moved to a double room within a couple of hours without any hassle whatsoever.These rooms are very spacious with towels changed daily, fridge stocked with soft drinks and very effecitve air conditioning!
The staff are extremely polite and are willing to help you in any way. One of the receptionists (Mustafa) even gave me a book to read as I had finished mine!
The facilities are excellent, a massive pool, a safe childrens pool and a salt water pool - great for water polo! Water shutes and slides which my husband enjoyed and a terrific pool bar that served amazing burgers, and flat breads - the meat one was my favourite.
The beach is at the bottom of a staggered hill, ok going down but a bit steep coming up, but the resort provides a shuttle service which only takes a minute or so and is available all day.
The food was incredible! I cannot fault it at all! There was such a variety of hot and cold meals, fruit, salads, vegetables and of course the most amazing selection of cakes, sweets and pastries. All the waiters were terrific and nothing was a problem if we asked for anything extra.
The Sunwings rep - Rabia was extremely helpful and gave us excellent advice on shopping, trips and the local traditions.
The hotels spa is well worth a visit and I recommend getting a turkish bath at the beginning of the holiday as I have never had such a great tan.
The only downside was in the evenings there was not a great deal of entertainment but that was not a big deal as we hopped on to the local bus into town (15 mins) or Ladies Beach (3 mins) and there were a couple of good Irish bars and plenty of lovely restaurants and shops.
Please do not take any notice of the poor reviews - this is a brand new resort which has tried to cater for everyones taste and I believe they are going to cater more for the British guest next year.
This is well worth a visit and I recommend it as definitely a 5 star resort with luxury, beautiful setting and amenities and the best food ever!
Sorry no photos only got back this morning!"

• Travel date: Mon 17th of September 2007

very bad hotel

"it was not a 5 star hotel. the food was not good the room was not a rom of five star hotel it was full of ants and the bathroomdidnot work when you take a shower the water came into room and you could not walk into carpet it was not a realy all inclusive resort it had not a good animation team and the managment of the hotel did not care about anything thatyou say about the rooms problems and the another problems. they did not check the water of the swimming pool and the water was not clean.
worst hotel that i have ever been in turkey because wehave traveled a lot to turkey"

• Travel date: Wed 29th of August 2007

A realistic true review

"We spent two weeks at the sealight and can say despite other false reviews that the majority of staff were extremely polite helpful. On our arrival we were given a room which overlooked the front of the hotel which was not to our personal taste as we would have liked one with a sea view. The young member of staff immediately said that if we were not happy with the room we should inform them and it would be swapped which they did with no hesitation. Other reviews have moaned about drinks and imported drinks............ if you do NOT like larger, wine, cocktails ( alcoholic and non), all spirits!, coffees from around the world, soft drinks plus more 24 hours a day then this is not the hotel for you!!
Meals consisted of breakfast, late breakfast, lunch and an evening meal which in my opinion were all varied and of a good standard. You could also have pool and beach snacks between 11.30am and 5pm which were more meals than snacks including very nice salads, chips, burgers and sandwiches.
The entertainment was the only negative as it is set in a outdoor arena which has no bar! although there is a lighthouse pub / bar just above. The entertainment consisted of a very repetitive brain washing kids club until 2130 hours followed by poor entertainment by the hotels own staff. There was the occassional imported act which were ok but dont expect elton john or peter kay!!
The hotel provides a buggy service from the pool to the beach which runs every 3 mins where you will find limited sun beds on a small beach but a great variety of water sports including jet biking and every other sport you can do whilst been dragged from a speed boat. I found the prices for these activities reasonable but not cheap.
The hotel rooms are of a clean " Nice " standard which i would expect as the hotel was only built in april 2007. They were cleaned every day and fresh towels for both the room and pool / beach were provided.
you can attend three al a carte restaurants whilst staying at the sealight which were chinese, italian and seafood. I went to the italian and chinese which in my opinion were no where near the 5 * mark. Both were very very nice evenings mainly due to the free alcohol, company and the nice setting by the sea. I thought these limited three meals over a two week period would have been something special but was a little disapointed.

Positives
24 hour bar ( unlimited and large range of drinks )
Good sized pool area plus second pool with slides!!
Very clean hotel ( people working 24hours inside and out )
Good polite and welcoming staff whos english is 100% better than my turkish!
Good and large variety of food in the main diner and pool bar.
free icecream and cakes in the afternoons ( good variety and quality )
Great gym if you have the energy or motivation to use it.

Negatives ( and these are only because i have to write some! )
Only one english channel on the TV!! BBC news!!
The al a carte restaurants ( as above ) but no shortage of other great food!
The hotel is a little out from any little villages with bars and shops etc so felt a little isolated although there is no shortage of taxis outside the hotel. It costs about £4 to get to the main town but for £2 you would get to a small area of shops bars etc.
The DJ in the lighthouse pub / bar seemed to think that playing his music at full throttle with a blinding strobe would some how appeal to the two or three couples sat having a nice drink over the sea!!!

I know this is lengthy but i always find other peoples experiences / reviews a great help when planning a holiday. This was my first time to Turkey and the sealight made it a pleasant experience.
I have stayed at a number of established good quality 5* hotels and would say this could be on par with a little TLC!!

I would reccommend this hotel to friends and family and would visit again without hesitation."

• Travel date: Tue 14th of August 2007

Fantastic Hotel

"I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks.
There were 6 adults,3children and 1 infant.
ROOMS : 5 STAR (TIP:Take fridge out of press, it works much better that way)
POOLS : 5 STAR ( seawater,freshwater,indoor,slide pool)
FOOD : 5 STAR ( Buffett was beautiful and different every night, A LA CARTE X3 Seafood was good,chinese was good, Italian was best) Use of the 3 restaurants is inclusive once and must be paid for after that, but to be honest the buffet's were just as good.
BARS : 5 STAR ( All bars were clean and well run, and all staff were very helpful)
CLEANLINESS : 5 STAR ( rooms cleaned daily,towels changed, pool area cleaned nightly,and intently by very hard working staff)
SPA CENTRE : 5 STAR ( This area is fantastic, we had the works,massages,facials for the wife, etc etc and we had great fun with the staff here, Sadar runs the place, he is really helpful and good craic, and always haggle, you might save a few quid.
BEACH AREA : 5 STAR ( the bech is serviced from 10 till 10 from the hotel by a golf cart as its a steep hill which takes all of 20 seconds to get you there. There is a beach bar, shower area,WC,beds,pedallos).

All in all this has been the best holiday I have ever had, we were treated like kings, the staff do everything they can to help, you really do feel pampered.
I would recommend it to one and all.
Its actually quite hard to tear yourself away from the resort and actually visit the town centre, belive me I am speaking from experience.
I also hear plans for the hotel to increase in size over the winter, so next year it will be even bigger..
In relation to some other posts here, I am honestly baffled.
The pool is about 70 metres long, its huge, plus it has a seawater pool and a pool for separate water slides..
The staff were very friendly to us and always in good humour.
The food was fantastic, every day.
We told the manager it was my daughters birthday and that night the animation team and the staff brough out a special birthday cake with her name on and sang happy birthday to her...she was delighted.
Yes the all inclusive is for local beers, spirts etc, but thats the norm in almost all hotels.
All in all I had a fantastic holiday as did my 5 friends and all our children.
I would recommend it to anyone."

• Travel date: Tue 14th of August 2007

horror at Sealight

"STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL !!!
The hotel is new and nice, but this is all. The managers are very unfriendly, specially when you have a problem. The service they offer is not even 1*. Imported drinks were almost not avaible, the music in the disco was very loud until 2.30 am, so had to close the balcony.
The biggest problem was the pool, my children got desinteria as well as otitis and had to stay 2 nights in the hospital with perfusion got antibiotics and more. Back to hotel wanted to make a written complain, what was not possible, just with a medical report. As the private hospital has a contract with the hotel, the sales director said to me"'the doctor is my friend', were not possible to get the labortests (blood and stool). Official diagnose was that my children got just diarrhoea, because of changing food,weather etc. Dr. Meltem (very good specialist) told us about the infection, caused by the dirty water or food. 99% got the bacterium from water and 1% from food.
After verbal complain, the manager got panic I think, they wanted us out from the hotel. His attitude was like a bazar manager, not a five star hotel, even in the bazar they are friendly.
We booked the hotel at kusadasihotels.com, otti travel, we got no help from them, regarding the problems, just asked several times, ''you want to check out", what we did 1 day earlier.
I am sure they help each other in problems regarding tourists, just not refound something, we lost 4 days because the illness, but the worst was to stay helpless in the hospital to see your children conected to some pipes with enormous pains in the stomach, 39-40 fever.
Was the worst holiday ever and I had a few in 40 years !!!"

• Travel date: Thu 9th of August 2007

i agree laurentiugorun

"well i think it is my first and last time i visit turkey..that because maybe ive been in the worst hotel ever..sealight hotel..u better avoid it!
there is nothing of 5 stars and the services and personal are horible..also the food..bad bad bad
it seems a 3 stars hotel or less..better u take out the "ultra"
thanks"

• Travel date: Wed 8th of August 2007

trought my money

"They said that is ultra all inclusive but you have to pay for every imported drink, they give you bad food, no diversity of food.
They said and you recive a form where you find a lot of activities free of charge, but after you do something you find out that you have to pay even if they told you that is free of charge.
The services are really bad and they don't have any garden, and the pool is too small. Avoid this hotel please."

• Travel date: Tue 7th of August 2007

A week was not long enough

"This was our third visit to Kusadasi in 3 years. So as you can guess, we love the area. I left booking a little too late this year, so could only get 1 week as all of the return flights were booked up. I booked through Sunwings. The Sealight is a brand new hotel which opened in April 2007. Upon arriving at the hotel, we were greeted with a cocktail prior to booking in. And this welcoming theme was one that developed throughout our stay. I can honestly say that every member of staff always had a smile and were very polite and attentive. The accomodation was first rate and cleaned daily. The food was of a high standard and unlike other hotels in the area, was not repetitive. We tried 2 of the 3 A la carte restaurants during our visit and the service and menu's were excellent. The "ultra all inclusive" theme is great and includes local and imported drinks as well as room service between midnight and 6.00a.m. The onsite water slides and 10 pin bowling alIey made great entertainment for the kids. My wife enjoyed the spa although some of the treatments are a little pricey. I can highly recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of visiting Turkey and as my title suggests, a week is not enough.
2 weeks at the Sealight next year!!"

• Travel date: Mon 30th of July 2007

Not such a good time

"I have just come back from Sealight Resort. I am sorry to say that I was not so impressed. Buffet Restaurant busy and disorganised- food quality variable.
Lots of cats and kittens around outdoor buffet seating area being terrorisd by children- waiters and head waiter
seemed to be powerless in stopping this.
Enteriainment shows put on by the staff very poor quality.
Sun Lounge war most days with sun lounges being taken early in the morning and people not then using them until afterlunch.
No Adult only area- bars busy with children sceaming and running around. Some Bar stafff unfiendly and abrupt.

• Travel date: Mon 12th of July 2010

Nice Hotel

"Stopped at Sealight in June 2010.
Very good hotel. very clean and staff are all very friendly. Our room was super and cleaned everyday. Spa area and treatments very good.
Food good but excellent in the italian and Chinese restaurants.
Hotel is reached down a 'dirt track' a little bit isolated. But certainly a very good hotel. "

• Travel date: Mon 21st of June 2010

Hotels near Sealight Resort Hotel

Stayed at Sealight Resort Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Sealight Resort Hotel

• rigger ramone by rigger ramone

"Young brothers bar on ladies beach was excellent for entertainment and friendlyness "

• john boughey by john boughey

"Go and enjoy everythig "

• john boughey by john boughey

"Kusadasi town and bazaars "

• LAS by LAS

"if you like a good hotel away from it all then choose this. "

• Colin- unhappy of July 2010 by Colin- unhappy of July 2010

"not all as it seems in the brochure "

Sealight Resort Hotel is also called