Good

the manner in which myself and my 8 yr old were treated.

Reviewed 31st January 2013

"i stayed in palmin in last wk 2012. What made me really uncomfortable was the way the turkish workers treated us and made us spend our money on them coz there excuse was they had no wages.They lie and defraud nd i lost so much money i am so sick. i am a single mam with a young child and i discovered that we are the people who are targeted. i always thought workers would have respect for customers who pay there wages . Palmin is a beautiful hotel but there are many flaws and my concioncious couldnt recommend this hotel to my friends. Please believe me when i wish you and ronan the best. I cannot give my name as i dont wa..nt any reprecessions from your staff I am a reasonable person and if my words help in any way i will feel good what hurt me was the way i was been stalked by staff from waiters, entertainment etc. seamus and ronan im irish true and true and hand picked your hotel as i thought you would take care of your irish people. Your hotel is beautiful and cleaning is excellent and food was great but please dont let staff drag it down. i cant as a result recommend your hotel to my friendsand collogues. I was used really badly by one of your top men who is a compulsive liar and had me fooled. i pray to god these isssues will b resolved coz with the right people you are sitting on a gold mine. Seamus and Ronan Glynn if you could forward me direct email or facebook page i can elaborate everything for you. i am calm and i want to be able to sell your hotel to my friends so if you can help me here i think good results will be achieved. As an Irish woman who is very patriotic about ireland as are you i am sure please lets talk and give palmin the standing of the best hotel in kusadasi. I was used by an individual who works in palmin and im scared i have an sti. i have travelled extensitively namely Ibiza best of holidays but palmin could be too. mayorca menorce turkey twice but im sad i cannot go there again because its a beautiful country. capecod america corfu paris barcelona london costa del sol benalmedea holiday villlage lanzarote.. best holidayever t i "

• Travel date: 30th January 2013

Worst Hotel I have ever stayed at

Reviewed 18th July 2012

"I have travelled all over the world and this is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in.Ill start off with the good points and theire arent many, the staff and entertainment were ok,and thats all i can think of.And the bad points,I had the same problems as many who have wrote about their experiences,as in the food that im shure was tined dog food warmed up in the microwave,The main one was the fact that hotel management did not want their guests spending money anywhere but the hotel.And i had the same problem,myself and my family came back to the hotel from the city and we had bags of shopping,they demanded to know what was in them and when they seen the beverages and snacks they confiscated everything,they said we had to leave the hotel if we did not hand them over... Over the next few days we were constantley being watched by hotel staff,so we did our best to stay away from the hotel juring the day and just come back at night to sleep.And they did not like this especially the owner of the hotel,they did not like that we were not spending any money in the hotel. One day my son was using the Internet in the hotel lobby,and the hotel manager came over shouted and verbually abused him because he did not pay for using the internet in advance.After this we packed our bags and left the hotel ASAP. We booked into another hotel in the city center for our two remainding nights.We were so furyated by the way we were treated by this hotel and it was worse because it was the owner and head of management and there was no one we could go to.As I said i have travelled to numerous parts of America Africa and Europe and i have never had a problem with a hotel...This experience totally runed our holiday they made us feel realy low that anyone could treat guests in a hotel this way.The rest of our experience in Turkey was fine and we seen some lovely places,but ill never go back there"

• Travel date: 18th July 2012

not happy robert and sandra magee

Reviewed 5th August 2011

"been going to the palmin hotel for 8 years and from the 5th june 2011 we will never be back in the palmin or any of their hotels. we will continue to travel to turkey as the people we know are lovely. there are rules that no food or drink is allowed to be brought in to the hotel but myself and robert and a few other friends who were sitting with us in the lobby witnessed different people walking in with food and drink and when i went and made a comment at the reception on why these people were not being checked, it didnt seem to matter. the boss seamus glynn's son ronan came out and i called him over and asked why people were being allowed in with food and drink and he got very nasty and spoke down to me as if i was a piece of dirt on his shoe. robert and i have give 150% to this hotel for the last 8 years and we were told by the staff that the hotel is now going international so as far as we're concerned they used the irish people and we dont matter anymore. i would say that is why ronan spoke down to me as he knew robert and i had been told about the new changes to the hotel. his father received a personal letter from myself and robert, we have always commented about how good the hotel was. we got on really well with the staff but when i left the letter ref ronan speaking down to me seamus then wrote a letter back taking the blame away from them and putting it onto us. robert and i had great respect for the hotel and the staff but not anymore. at the end of the day their own staff are talking behind their backs as they are afraid to say anything. we have seen comments on this site where customers have said about their bags being checked, we witnessed ourselves the staff being checked coming into work but thats the palmins business. we would recommend anyone to go to kusadasi as the people are always happy and will go out of their way to help you but i would never recommend any of the palmin hotels. even when the customers are telling the truth the management always makes it out to be the customer has all the problems never the management, well i can assure you now this holiday we were at from 16th may till the 5th june in the palmin hotel will be our last. and from the 30th may when ronan and i had words we found out their true colours. and by the way the sunway rep will stick up for the management too, all tarred with the 1 brush"

• Travel date: 3rd August 2011

Don't agree with negative views

Reviewed 4th July 2011

"I stayed in the Palmin from June 5th until June 12th this year.My Boyfriend and I(20&19)had an amazing time. On arrival I was a bit worried about leaving the bell boys to take our luggage but i shoild not have worried they are so professional. The food & Drink is expensive in the Hotel but the food in my opinion is worth it, the breakfasts in our opinion were a let down but it didnt bother us. The staff were fantastic so friendly and had great English so we could have good conversations. I did not once find the staff to be intrusive as some describe. Outside of the Hotel Bar street is a must go but not until 12 or as it is expensive to drink. Nice places to eat are planet yucca and Saray again they seem expensive but 2 mains and 2 drinks were the equivalent of 25euros so quiet good. The Dolmus is so handy you need Bus no.1 or 5 but ask as most will bring you to Palmin for just 2 Lira each.Taxi from Bar street are about 20lira so Dolmus is much handier but if you haggle the driver may do it for less. The market is an experience, but be patient as it gets overwhelming. I would return to the Palmin in a heart beat, we were treated like royalty in my opinion. "

• Travel date: 1st July 2011

Palmin Hotel

Reviewed 28th July 2010

"Just back from a week in Kusadasi and have to say we were really disapointed with the Palmin Hotel. Firstly the big sign out front saying no food or drink can be brought in to the hotel? this was taken to the extreme, with the staff bringing up our dinner one night and checking the water bottle we had on our dressing table to make sure it was the same label as the shop downstairs. This is absoluetly crazy carry on. I appreciate that they want you to spend as much money as possible in the hotel, however their are times when walking up the hill to the hotel you might purchase a bottle of water in a nearby shop to have the security staff glare at you walking in with a bottle of water "not purchased on site". The staff were unfriendly and very rude. We asked for 2 diet coke's one night and a glass of ice - our fridge was broken and our water was not cold. they refused to give us a glass of ice and said when we bought another two glasses of coke they would give us another piece of ice in the glass. Everything in the hotel was double if not triple the price downtown, for example lilo's had to be bought in the hotel shop. The hotel shop didnt stock 2 litre bottles of coke etc so a glass of coke had be bought each time. the breakfast I couldnt fault or the cleanliness, the pool is great also. the hotel itself is fantastic, however the staff are rude - to the point when asking for a bottle of water in the pool bar - the bar staff just grunt - what do you want? we spoke to many people in Kusadasi and all of them said the same thing. The palmin is known to be a "prison". Once you eat & drink the whole time in the hotel everything is rosy - venture away from this and you are treated so rudely. We spoke to another couple who stayed in the sister hotel - The seapearl I think it was and they said their bags were actually checked after breakfast to make sure they hadn't taken an orange or something! They were also pushy for you to take a hotel cab outside the door and got quite cross when you jumped on the dolmen. Would never stay in this hotel again - it really put a dampner on our holiday. it is ideal for families who stay in the hotel & I imagine they would treat you differently if you were eating all 3 meals there and drinking every night in the bar, however from our own experience, if you are venturing outside the hotel at all - you receive a very very different service! Again, loads of kids activies and the food was always really nice - loved the pool , the rooms etc, but the rules......... very crazy stuff !"

• Travel date: 26th July 2010

Perfect in everyway hands down.

Reviewed 2nd June 2010

"Me and my family visit turkey, kusadasi every year. We began staying at the sea pearl but one year decided a change. It is one of the nicest hotels i have ever stayed in. Forget all this about harassment etc. yes they wish for you not to bring outside food and drink in but if you have it in your own personal bags they will not check. The staff were amazingly friendly and always stay in touch. They are always up for having a laugh like the irish. Yes the prices of hotel food is a bit costy for dinner but never did they make us feel bad for chosing to go out as the entertainment would usually be on when we got back, ready to join in. "

• Travel date: 1st June 2010

converted

Reviewed 14th January 2010

"Never had any inclination what so ever to go to Turkey, but all I can say now is that I am a convert. Had always holidayed in the posh part of Crete in a villa away from the crowds. But cannot believe how well we were treated in Kusadaasi,we stayed in the Palmin Hotel,and to tell you the truth it is actually embarrassing the way in which you are treated, the Turkish people cannot do enough for you we will definetly be going back a.s.a.p."

• Travel date: 13th January 2010

Guests come first

Reviewed 19th October 2009

"I want to thank the all the staff for a most plesant stay. They where always ready to help with any request. I met the head chef and this gentleman was very courteous and his staff produced wonderful food. The dining staff kept the dining areas very clean and never left dirty dishes linger on our table. The staff at the pool side dining area where always very pleasent and where excellant in there job. The reception where very professional and any request from us was dealt with very quick and correctly. They entertaining where also very professional always had smiles. We have stayed in a lot of hotels and this hotel is run for the comfort of it's guests, spot less clean and with a staff that know there jobs"

• Travel date: 17th October 2009

Excellent

Reviewed 2nd September 2009

"We stayed in the Palmin for 2 weeks in June 2009, this was my 5th time to stay in this hotel, and I have NEVER had any hassle or bother from any of the staff, the hotel is totally spotless and beautiful, the only bad point this time is that we didn't get the pool view we always got before but I think this was a mix-up between the tour operator and the hotel, apart from that we had no complaints, in fact we're heading back again in 2 and a half weeks. The rooms are spacious and cleaned every day, the pool is huge and very well tended too and the staff are all so friendly and courteous. Even from the very first time I was there 5 years ago, when I wasn't a familiar face, there was never any hassle, we came and went as we pleased, never got any strange looks or questions. I hear they are strict about people taking in food and drinks but all you need to do is have a large beach bag with you if you are intent on taking stuff in, we eat out all of the time, go exploring in the centrum and you will find so many cheap little places to eat, the traditional Turkish restuarants are fab, I recommend Dedem K its a family run place at the top of Bar St near next door to Jimmys, cheap and delicous!! As already pointed out, the Dolmus stops right outide the hotel and there is honestly one of them every 2-3 minutes and its about 2 Lira to the centrum!! So cheap, the taxis run from outside there too and they will offer you good prices to go to the centrum esp if theres a group it might work out the same price each as the Dolmus, but I love the little bus as I love looking around the place on the journey. The hotel is great in our opinion, and I am sure that some people really have had bad experiences but please do not let this worry anyone going for the first time, the good outweigh the bad here, and we have always came and went as we pleased without any trouble!! Enjoy!!"

• Travel date: 2nd September 2009

Brilliant !!!!!!!!11

Reviewed 20th April 2009

"I went to Turkey for the first time last August and i had the best time of my life , Staff very friendly and advised us where to go at night , saray restauraunt is the best food in kusadassi and the hotel food is not the best but still it fills a gap . The entertainment is a kinda tacky but funny at times ,Go max , sisi ,eddie and alex YEE HAW !!!!!!!!!!!!! anyone who stayed there will know what that is about , the market on a wednesday is crazy but you get better bargains in the shops , Im heading to the Palmin Hotel again on the 30th of may this year , "

• Travel date: 20th April 2009

Just Back From Turkey

Reviewed 16th April 2009

"We went to the Palmin for the first time this year and yes will be back. The hotel is excellent, spotlessly clean and excellent value for money. We wanted a base to explore kusadasi. And we had a ball, The Palmin hotel is a great place to stay and I would go back in the morning. The hotel itself is large, modern and has loads of facilities. It also has to be the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in. The staff are all so friendly and helpful.A good Restaurant to go to saray’s We did not get any hassel from staff at anytime. The Rep Orlagh was very professional (the best rep ever) Went on loads of day trips Savish was a great guide (Ephesus great trip) see you all again durning the year. We are already planning our next trip. Alison & Cathal "

• Travel date: 16th April 2009

Seriously dodgy rip-off joint

Reviewed 24th October 2008

"Anyway, just a couple of examples we encountered over the week. * Confiscation of all drinks/foodstuff at the hotel door by security men In town we heard that the hotel is notorious among locals for the way that it forces guests (inmates, more like) to buy their own overpriced supplies of bottled water. And I can tell you from personal experience, that it's not much fun standing around in the 40 degree heat while a fat bouncer type searches your bags and steal your drinks. * Spying on guests. The management of the hotel take an almost obssessive interest in the activities of the guests - after all you're their meal ticket. If you don't spend enough during your week's stay the hotel loses money, staff get laid off. Every time you leave the hotel you will notice 2 or 3 personnel around reception keeping on eye on you. The place is dotted with cameras. If you are spotted taking a taxi into town in the evening expect to be questioned why you're not dining at the (frankly horrible) hotel restaurant. * Women beware A group of girls staying at the same time as us told us they were made feel intensely uncomfortable by the unwelcome attention of staff around the (filthy) hotel pool. * Tip...or else. If you don't tip the maids expect your bed to remain unmade, toilets uncleaned, towels not replaced. * Complaint..at your peril. If you've got any complaints...best to keep your mouth shut - or expect to get a mouthful of abuse, harassment, threatened expulsion from the hotel. Most of the staff speak some degree of English, but suddenly switch to speaking Turkish among themselves during any disagreement with guests. * Tour company If you've got a grievance don't waste your time complaining to Sunworld - they're totally in cahoots with the management of the hotel, colluding in the various carefully devised rip-offs that the hotel have setup. In fairness the tour rep seemed genuinely intimidated by the hotel management. * Clientele Kusadasi is rapidly gaining a reputation as an alternative to the Costa Del Sol for what can only be described as "dodgier" holidaymaker and expats from Ireland. If you're happy rubbing shoulders with extended families from inner city Limerick then the Palmin is a great venue. "

• Travel date: 24th October 2008

Hotels near Palmin Hotel

Top traveller tips for Palmin Hotel

• by elizabeth Lee

"entertainment is poor and lack of enthusiasm from staff as they drink on job as well as smoke. not good for kids to see"

• by Gaelan G

"Dont stay at this Hotel"

• by Emer

"dont bring in even a bottle of water! "

• by RebeccaElizabeth

"Very family friendly with a waterslide and miniature playground."

• by Eoin C

"The saray restaurant was one of the best restaurants and also the bluefish restaurant"

Palmin Hotel is also called