Palmin Hotel

Boyalik Mevki Kadinlar Denizi Kusadasi Merkez, Kusadasi Turkey

nice place

"My daughter and my self stayed ih this hotel in july it was highly recommen d to us all i can say is the place is nice very over rated also the food was horrable so we had to go into town every night also two years ago i was in turkey everything was very cheap not now with the euro every thing very expensive all we enjoyed was the great weather lovely and hot thank yoy,"

• Travel date: Thu 19th of July 2007

rice salad mashed potato

Good

"just back from the palmin in kusadasi and have to say it was great, hotel super clean, but not so sure about the pool, went with husband and two daughters aged 11 and 14. slides were good but only open from 1 30 th 3 30 pm. have done self catering before so it was nice not to have to wash cups etc, the most strenous thing i did in the palmin was squeeze my barrys tea bag in the morning. do bring them as the tea out of the machine is nnot good! thanks to fifi and ginger and ninja for all the entertainment,rosys in ladies beach was v good, also the family steak house in the centrum was super.went to the yucca on our last night and was not impressed at all. 4 80 for a large bottle of water!!bill came to 149 lira which was about 75 euro and we had eaten at rosys the night before for 80 lira and that included 2 fillet steaks!! also we asked the rep was there a night cruise and she said no, but we found one from bird island for 12 lira for 4 of us and it was well worth it just to see the sun set ,if you want a nice quiet lunch try the restaurant at bird island at the end of the pier.. so peaceful.i actually got sick of shopping after the first few days because my daughters would shop for ireland and i ended up haggleing for them and it gets annoying after a while, its the same spiel all the time.you either like doing it or you dont and i didnt!!it was our first time in kusadasi, we had been to bodrum last yr and loved it ao much we decided to go back to turkey but to a different resort, have to say tho that we prefered bodrum, it like a cosy friendlier, cheaper kusadasi.fab views from the hotel, we had connecting rooms which was great coz it meant 2 tellys, 2 bathrooms and you could leave the air con on in one rm and both rooms were cool when we came back from wherever we were.. staff were lovely, try the barbeque, well worth it and a good night if u have teens!! hope this helps!!"

• Travel date: Mon 16th of July 2007

never again

"Just returned from 2 wks in Palmin. On first glance this is a lovely,
spotless hotel with pleasant staff. However here the fairy tale ends.
Outside is a notice forbidding anyone from bringing in any food or drink, which is witheld with prison like force. We witnessed people even being stopped bringing in a bottle of water(bearing in mind it was 50 degrees some days) The food and drink are at least double the price of that outside the hotel. Within 2 days of arriving both our children came down with v bad ear infections as did most of the children and some adults in the hotel. When brought to the managements attention we were told that it couldn't be the pool as it was checked once a week. Many holiday makers complained about the hotel charges, apart from the food and drink, the childrens activities were also charged. On one occassion when the allotted 30 mins on the pool table had exceeded a member of staff came and collected the balls in the middle of a game. Everywhere you looked in the hotel there were video camers which added to the uncomfortable
feeling in the hotel. The staff worked very hard and were pleasant but they were constantly watched and spent very little time talking to you before having to move on to the next guest. The best thing about the hotel was Fifi and Gandi the entertainment staff. They were lovely. Best restaraunt was "Somewhere else" on ladies beach.
Beautiful food and staff that didnt hassle you. Best part of holiday was meeting some v nice people."

• Travel date: Wed 11th of July 2007

So fabulouse!

"Palmin is such a lovely place to go, its in Ladies Beach which is a lovely promenade by the sea, (5 mins walk) it has the most beautiful sunset I have ever seen every evening. The hotel is fabulous, lovely pool, lovely staff, v. clean etc. The bbq nite is good craic, and loads of grub! You go and please as you like, we liked restaurants like Rosie's and Saray's and don't forget The Limon Bar for drinks afterwards! I can guarantee you if you go to the Palmin you will have a nice time, end off! :)"

• Travel date: Mon 11th of June 2007

loved it !

"loved this hotel!

staff were great but the location was not the best, but the dolmus buses stopped right outside all the time!

the pool area was great and the entertainment staff and waiters were probably the best thing about it,they were so friendly and often sat down with us for a chat or spent the night in the nightclub with us!

kusadasi is really good for pubs and nightclubs...loads of nice restraunts on ladies beach!"

• Travel date: Thu 7th of June 2007

Fantastic Hotel

"Myself and my boyfriend went to Kusadasi last year for the first time. We originally booked into the Tropicana Garden Hotel because we wanted a quiet holiday in a small couples orientated hotel. We were extremely dissapointed with our choice of accomodation. We contacted our Rep from Sunworld and she got us a place in The Palmin for an extra fee. I was delighted with the swap. The Hotal was beautiful. Very relaxing and entertaining. The property itself was very inpressive and clean. The staff were extremely attentive and friendly. Definately worth the extra money and we are planning to go back this Summer again.

Well worth it."

• Travel date: Mon 7th of May 2007

a great hotel

"I had the beast holiday of my life in this hotel. it was my forst holiday abroad and one i will never forget. the staff were more than helpful and the hotel itself was beautiful. i would recomend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a romantic relaxing and all around great holiday"

• Travel date: Mon 26th of March 2007

Would you go back again?

Good

"We stayed in the Palmin after it was recommended to us by friends. The hotel was very clean and tidy but we found the staff tended to watch your every move, they did not like it when you left to go out for a meal elsewhere. The policy on not bringing food or drink into the hotel is a joke. We saw people have a bottle of water confiscated off them at reception one evening and a young couple had a can of 7up confiscated as they got off the bus from the airport ! We joined the gym while we were there (it was not expensive) but the bicycle ( the only one there) did not work at all and the air conditioning did not work either. I really would not recommend their gym. I went for a treatment in the spa, again I did not find it a nice experience. In summary I would recommend kusadasi but I would not recommend a stay in the palmin hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 20th of November 2006

Spotless Palmin

"My husband and I stayed for the last 2 weeks of October in the Palmin Hotel (last Irish tourists of the season). The hotel was spotless with spacious rooms which had TV AC a balcony, powerful showers and plenty of storage. The hotel was quiet enough except for the mosque calls at dawn and the barking dogs now and again.

The breakfast was buffet style - lovely bread selection, the rest of the buffet was ok. We didn't feel pressurized by the staff to stay at the hotel. The waiters were all very friendly. There is usually nightly entertainment. Give the bingo a miss €11.00 for one sheet with rubbish prizes. We ate at the hotel twice, the night we arrived and one evening when it was raining. The food was quite nice and definitely not Dublin prices. The hotel had a €10.00 buffet whilst we were there which I heard was great vfm and a few nights before we left they had a discount of 50% off the food and 25% off the drink during certain times in the evening.

Used the resident hairdresser, Sarah twice - excellent. Used the spa for a treatment - lovely. Lovely big outdoor pool and plenty of loungers. Sarays was the best restaurant in town - charming waiters and complimentary fruit. The Mayflower and Castle are nice too. Excellent service in restaurants in Kusadasi, the waiters could not do enough for us. We were treated like Royaly. However, In the end up we avoided certain streets in town as we were hassled by some bar owners/shop owners too much. Don't let this put you off Turkey, most of them are torturers but are friendly and likeable with a cheeky charm. Great place for shopping and we just had 3 bad day's weather out of 14!! A turkish bath and a traditional shave for the men is a must.

The hotel's policy regarding bringing food and drink into the hotel is pathetic. This is the only thing I could fault the Palmin on. I saw Reception confiscating a plastic bag containing 7 UP and a bottle of water from guests. I think that they were given permission to collect it the next day on their way out of the hotel. I felt sooo embarrassed for them."

• Travel date: Sat 4th of November 2006

Best In Kusadasi

"This year was my second time to Kusadasi & on both trips I have stayed in the Palmin. I usually go around September due to the face most children are back to school & the atmosphere is quieter. Dont get me wrong I'm 26 & love the rattle of Bar St, but when your lazing by the pool you dont want to hear crying youngsters! :)
From the first time I used the Palmin, you could see they were definitely living up to 4**** standard plus! More staff than you could ever imaging, so you are never waiting on anything & they are all extremely helpful. The hotels facilites are great, including the hairdressers (which I used 4 times) & the internet cafe. I felt it was great value for money. The hotel itself will change €uro to lira which also saved me the hassle of going to a bank in the centrum & the exchange rate was the same. My main draw to the hotel is the cleanliness & service. Housekeeping do a wonderful job, they knock 6 days a week & towels are changed everyday. The whole hotel is constantly spick & span & I never once saw anything out of place, including around the pool - which is extensive. Plenty of sunbeds & great service for food, drinks etc. I will continue to go back to the Palmin as long as I am visiting Kusadasi & thank all the staff for the enjoyment I have had on my previous holidays :)"

• Travel date: Wed 18th of October 2006

the manner in which myself and my 8 yr old were treated.

"i stayed in palmin in last wk 2012. What made me really uncomfortable was the way the turkish workers treated us and made us spend our money on them coz there excuse was they had no wages.They lie and defraud nd i lost so much money i am so sick. i am a single mam with a young child and i discovered that we are the people who are targeted. i always thought workers would have respect for customers who pay there wages . Palmin is a beautiful hotel but there are many flaws and my concioncious couldnt recommend this hotel to my friends.
Please believe me when i wish you and ronan the best.
I cannot give my name as i dont wa..nt any reprecessions from your staff
I am a reasonable person and if my words help in any way i will feel good

what hurt me was the way i was been stalked by staff from waiters, entertainment etc. seamus and ronan im irish true and true and hand picked your hotel as i thought you would take care of your irish people.
Your hotel is beautiful and cleaning is excellent and food was great but please dont let staff drag it down. i cant as a result recommend your hotel to my friendsand collogues. I was used really badly by one of your top men who is a compulsive liar and had me fooled. i pray to god these isssues will b resolved coz with the right people you are sitting on a gold mine.
Seamus and Ronan Glynn if you could forward me direct email or facebook page i can elaborate everything for you.

i am calm and i want to be able to sell your hotel to my friends so if you can help me here i think good results will be achieved. As an Irish woman who is very patriotic about ireland as are you i am sure please lets talk and give palmin the standing of the best hotel in kusadasi.

I was used by an individual who works in palmin and im scared i have an sti. i have travelled extensitively namely
Ibiza best of holidays but palmin could be too.
mayorca
menorce
turkey twice but im sad i cannot go there again because its a beautiful country.
capecod america
lanzarote.. best holidayever t

i

• Travel date: Wed 30th of January 2013

Worst Hotel I have ever stayed at

"I have travelled all over the world and this is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in.Ill start off with the good points and theire arent many, the staff and entertainment were ok,and thats all i can think of.And the bad points,I had the same problems as many who have wrote about their experiences,as in the food that im shure was tined dog food warmed up in the microwave,The main one was the fact that hotel management did not want their guests spending money anywhere but the hotel.And i had the same problem,myself and my family came back to the hotel from the city and we had bags of shopping,they demanded to know what was in them and when they seen the beverages and snacks they confiscated everything,they said we had to leave the hotel if we did not hand them over...
Over the next few days we were constantley being watched by hotel staff,so we did our best to stay away from the hotel juring the day and just come back at night to sleep.And they did not like this especially the owner of the hotel,they did not like that we were not spending any money in the hotel.
One day my son was using the Internet in the hotel lobby,and the hotel manager came over shouted and verbually abused him because he did not pay for using the internet in advance.After this we packed our bags and left the hotel ASAP.
We booked into another hotel in the city center for our two remainding nights.We were so furyated by the way we were treated by this hotel and it was worse because it was the owner and head of management and there was no one we could go to.As I said i have travelled to numerous parts of America Africa and Europe and i have never had a problem with a hotel...This experience totally runed our holiday they made us feel realy low that anyone could treat guests in a hotel this way.The rest of our experience in Turkey was fine and we seen some lovely places,but ill never go back there"

• Travel date: Wed 18th of July 2012

Hotels near Palmin Hotel

Stayed at Palmin Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Palmin Hotel

• Eoin C by Eoin C

"The saray restaurant was one of the best restaurants and also the bluefish restaurant "

• RebeccaElizabeth by RebeccaElizabeth

"Very family friendly with a waterslide and miniature playground. "

• Emer by Emer

"dont bring in even a bottle of water! "

• Gaelan G by Gaelan G

"Dont stay at this Hotel "

• elizabeth Lee by elizabeth Lee

"entertainment is poor and lack of enthusiasm from staff as they drink on job as well as smoke. not good for kids to see "

Palmin Hotel is also called