Oya Apartments

Sehit Ust Tegmen Cemalettin Yilmaz Caddesi, No:2, Kusadasi 09400 Turkey

Good

Lovely Complex

Good

"Im just back from a week in these apartments. The staff are so nice and welcoming we were devastated leaving. The apartments are lovely. Could be slightly cleaner, i thought the cleaners could have done more they didnt wash any dishes the basically washed the floor and left towels, but this was the only fault.
The oya is quite central with a 5 minute walk into the centre and the Dolmis right outside. Its also very cheap to get a taxi which is sldo right outside the complex. Pool is gorgous and very clean, I had a great stay here and would definitley recommend. I will definitley be going back next year."

• Travel date: Mon 19th of October 2009

horrific, filthy,unhygenic. HELL HOLE stay away.......

"i had the unfortunate pleasure of staying in this dump for a week. 2adults 4children in 1room!!! wher do i start... the room was tiny barely big enough for a couple let alone a family which i was informed was a family room! absolulutly filthy from floor to ceiling. cracked broken tiles in bathroom and shower!!! filthy floors! extreemly rude and unhelpfull staff, done nothing to help the situation! finally the day arrives to go home and i'm stopped at reception while checking out by the 'manager' who says i have to pay for damage to the rooms matress which had a tiny make-up stain on it which he thought was a cigarette scorch mark...I DONT EVEN SMOKE!!! he threatened me with the police if i deid not pay for the damage i have never been so embarressed in all my life. the kids were absolutely terrified the thought their mam was goung to be locked up!!! all over a stain any idiot would have recognised as make-up!!! i was forced to pay €100.00 for a replacement matress, they thought they were getting away with keeping the old matress.. i took it and brought it into the manager of the hotel my friends were staying in. he was shocked hearing my story,,,,, needless to say lesson learnt!!! NEVER NEVER STAY HERE!! HELL HOLE!!"

• Travel date: Fri 16th of October 2009

great apartments , would defo go back next year

"These apartments are really GREAT , do not listen to any of the MOANERS on this site. The rooms are basic but have everything you could ask for.. The cleaners come in every single day with new sheets and new towels, floors washed every day.. the apartments are really clean.. and the cleaners wil even wash ur dishes..
The location is the best in kusadasi , not even 5 min walk to the town and less than 10 mins to the beach..
The staff are jus brilliant, so friendly . The entertainment and food is great too and pool area is lovely.. As for people sayin that they requested a pool view and didnt get it thats ridiculous, every person that goes on holidays requests a pool view so its only obvious not everyone will get it, and in the oya only 9 of the rooms have a pool view , thats just the way it goes.. unless your sittin in your apartment all day who cares about a pool view? that would be the least of my worries..
I went with my Fiance for two weeks and we had a ball., I would not change a ting about it , we'l defo be goin back ... I would reccomend these apartments to anybody you couldnt ask for more, trust me ..."

• Travel date: Thu 24th of September 2009

hated the oya

"we have just returned from a week in turkey we had booked the oya apartments which were filthy the shower was in such a state you could not use it . I would not recommend these apartments to anyone. Our view was of a piece of waste ground with a wreck of an old car and other rubbish plus there were a lot of dogs running around fighting and barking all night"

• Travel date: Thu 17th of September 2009

Never, ever again!

"I've been to Turkey several times but this July I unfortunatly booked the Oya for 2 weeks. What a dump the Oya is, it has to be the oldest apartments block in Kusadasi, the rooms are tiny, their fridges don't work and the maintanance man just ignores any complaints you may have, the food is muck and swimming in grease, the staff are sleazy and would give all Turkish men a bad name! As I said never, ever again would I step foot in The Oya Apartments!"

• Travel date: Tue 8th of September 2009

Oya is fantastic - recommend it to anyone!

"Just home from a great week in the Oya Apartments in Kusadasi. Easily the best apartments we've stayed in from any resort in the last few years. Rooms are very spacious, even for 4 people, and cleaned every other day, with new towels etc as often as you want. Halis and all the staff are very friendly and can't do enough to help. We were a group of 7 lads and were a bit dubious at first as it seemed to be mainly couples and familys, however we got on with everyone - its a totally irish apartment too. Free entertainment laid on every nite, belly dancers/ karoke/ football match etc. Only a few minutes in taxi to Bar Street and the shops, very handy. In short, I'd recommend Oya to anyone, family, couple or groups as everyone is made to feel welcome - 5stars!"

• Travel date: Tue 28th of July 2009

loved the Oya apart

"We just come back from Kusadasi. Stayed in Oya apart and I would highly recommend this place. Rooms were nice and clean, staff very friendly and helpfull. I will definately come back there next year."

• Travel date: Tue 16th of September 2008

Great week @ the Oya

"I've just returned from a weeks holiday in Kusadasi, We stayed at the Oya Apartments and i would highly recommend them. The apartment block was very clean and tidy. The apartment was spacious & contained everything you would expect. The staff were fantastic and went out of their way to make sure our stay was an enjoyable one. There was entertainment most nights at the bar which was very good the food was the best i've had on a sun holiday with being a vegetarian i thought i'd have trouble but i was wrong the chef discussed with me what i liked etc and i was impressed with every meal he cooked.. everyone raved about the full irish breakfast... it looked good! There was no need to go into town every night with entertainment & good food & cocktails by the bar.
I would highly recommend the Oya Apartments for food, friendly staff & great atmosphere. Thanks Halis & Chef for a great week we will be back.."

• Travel date: Sat 7th of June 2008

Love the Oya

"Excellent apartments. The staff are brilliant. I have been staying at the Oya for 9 years. Excellent for Families. Dolmus stops right outside going to Ladies Beasch and the town centre. A short walk to the Migros and Main Dolmus and Bus station. Cant recommend enough!"

• Travel date: Thu 17th of May 2007

Oya Apartments

"We stayed in the Oya apartments for a week in mid September. We booked the trip through Sunworld who describe the apartments as “peaceful” and “high standard accommodation”. Unfortunately neither was the case. The apartments are located in a residential area with a busy and noisy road at the front. It is promoted as a family destination but even some of the staff complained to us that travel agents were taking booking from groups of twenty something’s and in the mid summer season it was far from family friendly. Indeed when we were there two apartments had complaints made against them for noise in the early hours. One apartment starting playing the Wild Rover at full blast at six in the morning and as they had an old sing along…

The standard of cleaning was poor, our towels were changed twice during the week and the bed linen only once. We found an empty box behind the couch, so a light dusting is all the apartments really get.

The pool area is the best part of the apartments. A good size pool with lots of sun loungers around, really nice. The bar serves both food and drink. The day time menu is pretty poor but the evening menu was much better. The prices were fairly steep and certainly no cheaper than in the resort itself. The beer in particular was dear at five lira per bottle.

The apartments are not located at a suitable location for walking into the resort. Even the holiday rep recommended that we did not walk into the town (despite what the brochure says…). The apartments are built on the side of a very steep hill and the condition of the footpaths is pathetic. If the climb didn’t get you then the road traffic would. But the Dolmus’ stop just outside the complex for trips to town or the beach.

The noise of the surrounding area is a real problem. At 0530 the call to prayer from the local mosque will start your day (whether you want it to or not!) and then the traffic on the main road outside the apartment thunders by from around six in the morning until midnight. There is also a guard dog chained up on a bit of land beside the hotel. One night this dog decided to bark and howl for hours on end keeping half the apartments awake. We rang reception on a number of occasions as the dog belongs to the owners but nobody ever answered the phone (24 hour reception/security?!). The next day the guy in reception just shrugged his shoulders.

The staff in general are very friendly and helpful, but then the Turkish people are very friendly in general.

All in all this is not a destination that I would recommend and we will certainly not return to the Oya Apartments."

• Travel date: Sun 17th of September 2006

very enjoyable

"just back from hols stayed at the oya apertments they were lovely very clean and staff were lovely will go back next year had a ball.c curran co donegal"

• Travel date: Thu 18th of August 2011

very clean and comfortable apartments

"i was recently in oya apartments for 1 week. i found the complex very clean and comfortable. the staff were excellent especially sedettin which is one of the waiters/bar staff. the pool area was perfect for all kids had fun and so did adults. i would reccomend these apartments to anyone. i would certainly go back as i enjoyed my stay there. there is plenty to do in kusadasi."

• Travel date: Mon 18th of July 2011

Hotels near Oya Apartments

Stayed at Oya Apartments? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Oya Apartments

• Gazer by Gazer

"The Saray Was Great Crak And The Yucca Is Lovely And Roise "

• bigboy by bigboy

"great for a nice family holiday "

Oya Apartments is also called