Mr Happy's - Liman Hotel

Kibris Cad. Buyral Sok. No 4 Right at the harpour and face to Ege port, Kusadasi 09400 Turkey

Very nice hotel

"Very nice hotel, rooms and staff. We had a really great experience in this hotel, all the more because the staff is very helpful and kind.

Nice view on the sea and the harbour. good breakfast. spacious, pleasant and clean rooms. good location in the centre of Kusadasi.
We highly recommend this place. it is the best hotel we have found in turkey."

• Travel date: Sat 25th of August 2007

Good Value

Good

"Liman Hotel is a good Value Pension with very large clean rooms, nice sheets and comfortable beds. They have a nice rooftop which serves dinner, drinks and a good breakfast with a beautiful view.
The manager is welcoming and very helpful with a handful of personality thrown in.
This Hotel is located right next to the Ferry that takes you to Samos and is in a great location for Kusadasi nightlife.
We enjoyed our stay here and would recommend it."

• Travel date: Mon 6th of August 2007

Great for a single female traveler

Good

"While staying in Selcuk to see Ephesis i ventured down to Kusadeshi by dolmus for a few hours and found the Liman hotel after reading about it in Lonely Planet. I booked it and showed up the next day, with no problems. It is in a great location right on the water. The rooftop has a lovely view and the breakfast included in the price is served there. The rooms are simple but clean and large and airy. I stayed in a room with a balcony that looked out onto the main steet. There was no view from the 2nd floor but it was nice to be able to open the door. The bed seem very new and the staff are quite helpful most speaking good English. There's free online service anytime, there’s always someone there to greet you when you arrive in the middle of the night and you can dry your clothes on the 3rd floor laundry area. I liked the hotel and felt comfortable there as a single female traveler. Mr. happy the owner who I happened to meet by chance on the roof was very helpful, kind, and certainly not pushy in comparison to the gents in the bazaar which is directly behind the hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 30th of June 2007

The Liman Hotel Suited Our Needs Perfectly...

Good

"As we traveled through Turkey, one area we planned to visit was Kusadasi. For our purposes, we wanted a hotel that:

1. was affordable (but not cheap)
2. was located near the main waterfront area of the city
3. had decent, clean rooms and bathrooms
4. had air conditioning

For our needs, the Liman Hotel was the right choice. All we really needed was a clean place to sleep, eat breakfast, and shower. We planned on spending little time in the hotel, as we were in Kusadasi to see Ephesus and the Temple of Artemis, eat and drink in the many bars and restaurants, shop in the bazaars, and tour the coast of the Aegean Sea. We accomplished all of these quite successfully with the help of the Liman Hotel's central location in the main, downtown area of Kusadasi.

We made our reservations solely based on the reviews here at Trip Advisor. We were excited to meet Mr. Happy (Hasan), the hotel's owner, and made our reservations by contacting him through his website.

He was timely in his email replies and his English is very good and easy to understand. He promised that someone would be at the airport to meet us, and he was correct. When we arrived in Izmir, there was a taxi driver holding a sign with our name on it.

We flew into the Izmir Airport and it was a one-hour taxi ride to Kusadasi. Luckily, one of the main taxi stands is located directly in front of the Liman Hotel, so we only had to walk a few steps with our bags.

Mr. Happy (Hasan) met us outside and welcomed us by telling us that were were "part of the family". He was very accomodating and answered all of our questions and gave us helpful advice during our stay.

Considering the size of many European hotel rooms (they are often very, very small), our room at the Liman Hotel was spacious and clean. The furniture and decor were a bit dated, but the bathroom was a pleasant surprise in that it appeared to have been recently renovated. It was bright, clean, and larger than bathrooms we had had in previous Turkish hotels. The air conditioning worked well and kept us cool at night.

The location of the hotel is excellent. It is in the main waterfront area of Kusadasi. It is in the heart of the tourist area - bazaars, shopping, bars, and restaurants. It is directly across the street from the Aegean Sea, and within walking distance of almost anything you'd want to do in Kusadasi. You will have to take a taxi if you want to see Ephesus and the other surrounding sights like the Temple of Artemis and the Virgin Mary's House.

We spent each night on the rooftop terrace of the hotel. There is a bar and grill on the roof, and Mr. Happy was there each night, talking and hanging out with the guests. The views from the rooftop are much better than the pictures on the Liman's website portray.

If you want 5-star luxury, then the Liman is not for you. If you need a welcoming, clean, centrally-located hotel in Kusadasi for a good price, then you will want to stay at the Liman Hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 26th of June 2007

Great Experience at the Liman Hotel

"We recently spent 3 nights at the Liman Hotel and had a great experience. As others have written, "Mr Happy" (Hassan) is an incredible host. He and the rest of the staff are very energetic, helpful, and friendly. Upon arrival we were told we were "part of the family" and honestly treated as such. I really did have the sense I was staying at a friends house rather than a hotel. We ended each night by having a few drinks on the great roof top patio and Hassan was always there making conversation with all of his guests.

We were also quite happy with our room which was clean and surprisingly large compared to the average european hotel room. Although the room and decor was quite simple, we found it to be consistent with other rooms along the trip for the price. Our room even had a new air conditioner which worked very well and kept us comfortable even when it got very hot outside.

If you are looking for a five star luxury hotel, the Liman will likely fall short of your expectations. If you are looking for a comfortable and friendly place to crash for a good price, than look no further."

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of June 2007

Great place, Great people

"We stayed three nights in this magnificent place. We were given a fantastic room with sea view.
The Hotel is extremely clean, rooms are large with excellent air conditioning. The staff is, to say the least, extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfat is excellent and the prices are fantastic considering the location and the service offered.
We happened to drive there by car and they have a special rate with a parking lot near by.

Outside the hotel it says " come as a guest - leave as a friend ". Totally true : great place, great service, great prices and GREAT staff. A MUST, if you go to the wonderul city of Kusadasi"

• Travel date: Fri 1st of September 2006

Just got back- had to write this!

"Just got back from Turkey last night and felt compelled to write this asap. The Liman Hotel, which we literally stumbled upon, is the best place to stay in Kusadasi, hands down.

We were booked at another place, but when we saw it, I simply couldn't spend 2 nights in it. So we drove around and saw a small sign that said, "Liman Hotel, Mr. Happy's", and I remembered having read about it in a (not-so-helpful) guidebook.

I walked in and asked for a double room, and was told yes, it would be cleaned and ready in a matter of minutes. Then I asked if we could possibly have one with a balcony overlooking the habor, and was told that it had twin beds, but certainly we could have it if we wouldn't mind pushing the beds together.

Everyplace we stayed in Turkey had "issues" with air-conditioning -- we were either freezing by morning, or sweating --, but at Mr. Happy's, we had a brand new AC with thermostat control-- Heaven! Our room was large, with a spotlessly clean fully tiled bathroom, and a view from our balcony that people dream about....a ship to the right, a medieval castle to the left, and a sunset that set poets writing. Che bello! What a wonderful, wonderful place/experience.

The owner/manager and his brother and other staff members were some of the nicest people I've ever met, in Turkey, Italy(where we live) or America. When Hasan heard that we were at the curbside, loading our luggage in the car, he came running out of the hotel to say goodbye. We did big hugs and kisses, and my partner who is never one for demonstratives, gave Mr. Happy a big bear hug. After only 2 days, we felt like we were with family.

Prices are incredibly low, too, and I believe this is the best money we spent in all of Turkey.

If you are looking for a resort/swimming pool, don't stay here. But if you are looking for a sweet, clean, warm and friendly, ultra-comfortable place to stay, book at the Liman Hotel. It should be no. 1 in Kusadasi, not no.26. I sometimes wonder about Tripadvisor ratings!"

• Travel date: Tue 29th of August 2006

One Happy Traveler!

"I couldn't help write an excellent review of this place. I hope that this helps Mr. Happy's hotel move up higher on TripAdvisor's ratings from a less than disserved #23. This hotel had great rooms and views of the Agean Sea. Mr. Happy was great, my mom enjoyed smoking nargile (hookah) with him, and I would have joined in, although I was too tired after a long day of sightseeing. If you are in Kusadasi for whatever reason, this is the place to stay! Enjoy."

• Travel date: Thu 1st of June 2006

Mr Happy!

"Hassan, aka Mr Happy, has to be one of the most accomodating people I have ever met in my life. Two friends and I arrived absolutely shattered having slept rough the night before because we missed our boat from Greece. When we arrived it turned out there had been a mistake and Hassan had overbooked so he gave us his room! We didn't know it was his at the time but he also gave us another night free, roses, drinks and a meal! What a sweety! Excellent host, cannot be faulted. Clean hotel, lovely people, excellent breakfast served on the rooftop. Mention Hassan's name around the town and people will love you. We ended up changing our plans and stayed a while longer. My friends and I think of Kusadasi with a smile."

• Travel date: Thu 12th of January 2006

Fantastic Mr Happy - Liman Hotel Kusadasi Turkey

"We (my husband and I) couldn't speak highly enough of this accommodation. We travelled to Turkey for Anzac Day last year and spending a couple of nights here made our trip just that more memorable. Hasan (Mr Happy) really went out of his way to make us feel welcome.
The rooms were clean, and of a good size, and not expensive either. The bathroom was very clean and well kept with a western toilet.
We would definitely stay here again!! *****"

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of June 2005

Hotels near Mr Happy's - Liman Hotel

Stayed at Mr Happy's - Liman Hotel? Share your insight.

Mr Happy's - Liman Hotel is also called