Kustur Club Holiday Village

Bayrakli Dede Mevki Kusadasi, Kusadasi 09400 Turkey

Happy kids

Good

"Booked 'fly and stay' - seperate flights and accomodation at prices I couldn't beat using the internet with Dawson and Sanderson ... glad I did as they seemed to be the only travel agent who booked 8 nights rather than seven - essential as many families had to leave their rooms at midday on Thurs - with flight transfers not til 2.20am the following day! We wanted to stay as near as possible to Ephesus ( Ancient Greek city - one of the seven wonders of the world - DO NOT MISS!!!). We also wanted all-inclusive (which we'd never tried before) Could not believe the value for money. Kustur Club food is fabulous - a huge selection at every meal - always something new, old faves like chips and pizza for fussy english kids ... breakfast was every kind of bread, cold meat, cheese, fruit, cereal you could imagine - plus sausage, scrambled egg, cheese and ham toasties, pancake ... there's late breakfast til 11 - Then it's nearly lunchtime - pasta, rice, loads of different main meals - salads, again cold meats and cheeses, all kinds of olives .. and a little mini buffet for the kids to serve themselves simpler foods. The fantastic selection of cakes is a problem for dieters ... and if you can't face seeing so much food in one place you can help yourself to chips, burgers, pizza etc at the pool bar. Kids are served ice creams and cakes around 4 at mini club ... and of course all drinks everywhere all day - as you'd expect from all inc not the big brands, but the local beer (EFES) is great. Mini club staff were well organised, trustworthy and thoughtful ... although I stayed with my two (8 and 5) just in case!!! We did face painting, crafts, t shirt painting, swimming pool games, picnics, dancing and they were thrilled with their special mini club handshake and song! Rooms were spacious and well kitted out ( I needed a disabled adapted shower and my room had the best adaptations I have ever seen in a hotel anywhere). Staff were courteous and went out of their way to help, although language was a bit of a problem. Don't waste valuable luggage space packing beach towels - they provide them and change them regularly. Rooms are cleaned every 2-3 days and towels changed and the grounds are stunningly beautiful - gorgeous trees, shrubs and flowers everywhere - all so green and the fact that it's all low rise - jsut one or two floors makes it relaxing and safe for kids. Loved the silent pools - ask for a room there if you can.

Personally I'm not a big fan of noisy entertainment teams and congas round the pool, but the team worked incredibly hard and it was nice to see so many people enjoying themselves - you can always slink off to the silent pools to escape.

This venue is smart, clean, perfect for families with children, lots to keep them amused - no charge for mini club, water slides ... it's own beach - AND it's close to kusadasi ( 10 turkish lire in a taxi - about £3.50) and also to Ephesus - taxi drivers will take you right to the entrance and be waiting at the exit 3 hours later and all for around £15! The only downside - lots of people, lots of children, mass catering ... no matter how hard they try there will be tummy upsets - take lots of immodium and diarolyte!"

• Travel date: Mon 4th of June 2007

Fantastic Holiday For All The Family...

"Before I booked our holiday I looked at this site and others before I made my decision, please don't worry about the previous negative comments, as things must have changed... As we found a first class holiday destination. We arrived late at night and were met by an efficient friendly reception team, we were given wrist bands, and very quickly taken with our luggage by the helpful bell boy to our rooms, which were immaculate, there was a double bed in our room and our children had 3 full size single beds in their room next door. The rooms are decorated to a very high standard, the windows are double glazed and have seperate insect screens, to prevent bugs coming in. The rooms had their own control handsets for the air conditioning. There's lots of storage space a mini fridge containing bottled water, which we replenished ourselves from the many bars before returning to our rooms at night. The bathroom had a very powerful power shower over the bath. ( Just one thing not metioned before ,as with many foreign toilets soiled paper had to be put into the bin provided, but there was a bide fascility to all loo's around the complex.) In the bathroom there's shampoo, conditioner, soap, shower cap and sewing kit. Bath towels and Beach towel were replaced daily. The maids were never intrusive and were always helpful. If there was anything we needed we just rang reception using the bedside phone and our request was quickly dealt with. Our rooms were by the quiet pool, we were impressed every morning to see a member of the housekeeping team washing down the loungers and applying clean mattress's , there appeared to be plenty of sun lougers to go around. There is now a small wooden bridge feature across the pool and the bar now supplies soft drinks, tea, coffee and beer and wine, so the management team do obviously respond to requests. You can now also get toasted sandwiches here which were very tasty. There was no life guard visable at the quiet pool but there is now one at the main pool, and he and a member of the entertainment team supervise the slides. Also I discovered that all the animation team around the pool are trained in life saving. The main pool bar serves all drinks during the day from paper cups which of course is sensible with all the bare feet but at night you recieve all your drinks in a glass by either going to the bar yourself or by the many waiters eager to please. For those wanting to drink during the shows at the amphitheatre there is now a small bar obviously served from paper cups. Cushions are provided as you go in for comfort. The shows themselves were excellent, having not been all -inclusive before we did not know what to expect, but were totally impressed by the quality of shows and therstandard of the performances theres deffinately something for everyone! During the day around the pool the animation team were encouraging, sometimes persuasive but always polite and respectful if you prefered not to get involved with the many organised activities.
All areas around the hotel complex were spotless, no rubbish to be seen, new plants replaced when old ones had died. The whole place was truly beautiful. The beach was also kept spotless, there were lots of helpful employees around to carry mattress's to our chosen sun lounger. The beach staff were proffesional and informative. We never had to wait long for pedelos or canoes. My son and I snorkled around the rocks, which again was very safe. The beach bar served soft drinks beer and wine. There was a security guard at the entrance between the beach and hotel complex all the time , and there was always security guards patroling 24 hrs a day, we felt very safe. As to a previous comment regarding no JMC childrens club, although we do not have small children I was aware that even if there was no holiday rep kids club avaliable there was always the hotel kids club running throughout the day, who appeared very proffesional and caring and who could obviously speak English. Another previous comment was that never leave belongings lying around as they walk, this was not the case for us, usually I am paranoid about thiefs but I did not feel worried here , we left cameras sun glasses watches and MP3's by our
subeds and nothing was stolen. We did pay for a safety deposit box for the week to keep passports money etc. which was very resonable. Now to the food, the restaurants again are clean and bright, I would suggest all non smokers sit outside on the terrrace, as most people who stayed inside enjoyed the smell of nicotine, I was shocked to see families still eating surrounded by people chuffing away. The food selection was varied appertising and well presented, there was something for everyone, there was always a good selection of salad at every meal, fresh fruits and yogart all served from chillers. The hot food was always kept hot by warming plates/servers, and there was always plenty of choice. The bread rolls and pastries were particularly nice. Each night there was a BBQ dish, our first night they served BBQ'd liver not to everyones taste... You could have continental breakfast , but there was cereal fruits, porridge etc. Lunchtimes there was salad and a couple of hot choices, as at dinner also. The waiters in the restaurant were cheerful, friendly and helpful, ask for wine or beer with your meal which is all of a good quality . Fruit juice, milk, water, tea and coffee are all self service. For those who like a drink , you can drink at the pool bar until 12 midnight, here you can enjoy certain cocktails from the all-inclusive menu. The Hera Garden formerly the sports bars serves drinks, soup and sandwiches throughout the night. We were able to take our youngest daughter (12) into the disco with us, which ws great so we could all continue o have fun. We have made some lovely new friends at the Kustur Club, nothing is too much trouble and I would not hesitate to return to this first class hotel."

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of June 2007

I'd be surprised if you can get better value for money

"If you read all the other reviews then you can get quite a detailed picture of this venue so I will try and include some other points that haven't been mentioned, starting with what you would need to consider before you go.

If you go with a tour operator then you will probably be subjected to a 15kg luggage allowance - girls, what do you leave out? I would suggest that you don't bother with any towels because beach towels are supplied for everyone.

If you can manage it get a flight to Izmir - it's only an hour by coach to the Kustur Club, whereas Bodrum is apparently 2 1/2 hours.

We found that all the staff were excellent, always eager to please and extremely polite (incidentally, as were all Turkish people).

There are various things to do during the day but most people hang around the pool and you can have as an active time as you like because there is always something to get involved with - it's up to you if you join in. All the Animation Team encourage everyone to get involved, and they always do it with good humour and a pleasant manner.

The other facilities have been mentioned comprehensively so I won't go on too much but no-one has mentioned the variety of things to do with children at the beach. There are a number of water activites (at a modest price) that are great fun - they certainly were exciting for us!

During the day and evening there were a couple of on site photographers who you don't really notice but take great shots - family, romantic, action, posing (if that's your thing) and general fun.

Outside of Kusadasi we would recommend visiting Ephesus and Selcuk. Ephesus is fantastic, if you like your history, but be aware that the taxi drivers will try to take you to the site of the Virgin Mary's (entrance fee obligatory) last resting place before actually going to Ephesus. Selcuk market is held on a Saturday and the price of goods are half of that in the market at Kusadasi. By the way, there is a market at Ephesus and they are very open about selling genuine fakes for your fake friends!!!!!!!

It all sounds too good to be true so just a few things to be aware of - sometimes the Turkish people don't have any change and will get back to you later (what, I still owe you 5 lira?!?!?!?!?!). Also I think you'll find the food becomes quite bland after a few days, although there is plenty of it and available at all times.

There are a huge number of nationalities at the Kustur Club (mainly European) and as far as we're concerned that adds to the pleasure but BEWARE there is a particular bar on site that they consider their own - you'll find it if you look.

Finally, we are a family of four with two teenage girls and they absolutely loved it - they didn't want to come home and I don't blame them.

We'll be back.

Elaine and Richard"

• Travel date: Thu 31st of May 2007

FAB FAB FAB X

Good

"Hi , just arrived back from kustur club . We went as a big family 8 of us . We had a fab time , anybody who wishes to go just go dont take any notice of the comments , before we went we also read them and thought oh god no but it was great .The place was real clean the staff was great and the entertanment staff was good aswell . The food was nice always something for everyone to eat you would have never gone hungry . The drinks we pretty good , yes you did get plastic cups but with young children being around we didnt see it as a problem . The had a kids diso every night and a good show afterward for the adults and kids . After the show the had a sports bar which was open all night if you wanted to stay up and party . The complex also has a disco on site that is open till 2am and the children can also go in . Plus just outside the complex the have a disco as well for adults . The rooms were very very clean and the maid service was great always bringing clean towels and beach towels everyday . The bus stop was just outside the hotel , for you to catch it to the town or the market . All in all we had a great time and we met lots of people there and we have all booked up to go back next september all 19 of us . In my opinion it was a great hotel and had lots to do for young and old and i would recomend to everyone . So dont be put off just book up and see for yourself x JARROW TYNE AND WEAR X"

• Travel date: Sun 15th of October 2006

Fantastic!!!!!!!

"Just returned from holiday at kustur club. We had two brilliant weeks there!!! So good infact, we are going back, next september, booking it this weekend. I have two teenage daughters, who really enjoyed, the pool, the santana club, and the theatre on an evening.

The animation team were fab!!! Hello to Scooby Doo, Snyper, Lola. We really enjoyed the dancing around the pool every day!!

Hopefully see you all next year!!!!

The only complaint I have, was the food. Tasteless, and needed a wider range of food.

Cant wait for next year!!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 12th of October 2006

Nice Hotel Shame About The Food

"The Kuster Club is a really nice spacious place to stop. But in my opinion it is not four star.
The room we were allocated was near the back of the complex and although we had no real complaint it was tired and the finish left a lot to be desired. The shower had mould and the maid was very intermittent. We had to ask for soap and the beach towel were not changed at all during our seven night stay. I suppose we could have asked but for the latter part of our holiday we did not need the towels (more about this later) I think though as a four star hotel we should not have to chase around looking for members of the housekeeping staff to get items such as these. One other word of warning most of the rooms have twin beds. We had requested a double bed but were not allocated one. All the accommodation is not over crowed by other accommodation and there are plenty of trees and green spaces, which is pleasant.
It is close to the beach, in fact it has its own private beach, that offers sea kayaks, pedello’s etc. There is a very pleasant young man on the beach who carries your chair pad to your chosen sun lounger.
There are two pools one that has slides and loud music but the other pool is quiet for those of us who wish to sunbath in peace. The larger, louder pool has the main bar but it is quiet a walk from the other pool, which only offers juice, tea or coffee. There is a member of staff at this little outpost so I do not see the problem with offering other alcoholic type drinks. Neither of these pools has a life guard present and I feel that the miss use of the slides, (people coming down before others have cleared the bottom of the slide) is an accident waiting to happen. Many young children were using these slides alongside adults and my fear was that an adult could easily have landed on a much younger child and cause maybe serious damage.
The dolmus (local minibus) picks up from outside the hotel and runs very frequently. It is also excellent value for money (1.50 Turkish liras per person each way)
The drinks were on the mean side as the beers were often served in very small plastic glasses causing frequent trips to the bar.
The hotel entertainment I cannot comment on as the kids disco didn’t start till 9.30pm and the adult entertainment after that. This was also held in an amphitheatre away from the main bar area, so should you require to replenish your drink you would have to miss the entertainment or go without a drink The animation team was visible around the main pool on occasion but no real effort was made by them to get people to enjoy themselves
NOW TO THE FOOD oh dear well there is a lot of choice The salad bar has every thing you can think of on it but it was always the same, no variation and is available breakfast, lunch and dinner. The soup did changed each day and was probably the best thing on offer along with the fresh bread. The main courses were varied but on the whole these were look warm or even cold. The taste that the chef seems to cater for is in the main German and Russian. Some of the hotel guests do come from these areas but others nationalities are not really catered for and very little actual Turkish cuisine is offered other than meatballs. Both myself and my husband started to suffer from a very bad case of food poisoning on the Wednesday of our holiday and as I write this on the following Tuesday we are still suffering. We spent two days of our seven in our room and had to overdose on Imodium to get us back on the four hour flight.
I have tried to be honest about this hotel. I personally would not visit it again which is a shame as I think that it could be a really good hotel if only a few minor things were put right but the food needs real focus and improvement."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of October 2006

Excellent!!!

Good

"I have just arrived home from The Kustur Club and had a vey enjoyable stay.

The room we stayed in was extremely clean and tidy, lovely bathroom and shower area, small balcony, television, fridge and bed side tables etc! The maid service was great and the maids left patterns and shapes with your sheets which was a nice added extra.
The areas surrounding the hotel rooms were immaculate. Not a piece of rubbish or mess in sight. Very well maintained and looked after. Housekeeping staff were sweeping and cleaning after midnight!
The pool and pool bar was great. The club dance performed throughout the day around the pool was a good laugh. The pool itself was very clean and the bar although small, was great too.
The evening entertainment was excellent. A kids disco every night and then a different show suitable for both adults and children after the kids disco.
Food was lovely and enough variety for everyone. Be careful of people pushing in for food as I think the English are the only people who understand and adhere to queuing! All drinks served for lunch and tea and snacks through out the day such as chips. burgers etc were available at the sports bar. Pizza bread was also served as part of the snack menu at certain times during the day.
All in all I had a great time here and would definately recommend it to anyone although I think it is more suited to groups or families. I went with my sister and we both had a lovely time!"

• Travel date: Fri 29th of September 2006

The perfect vacation!

"We came back in Bulgaria before a few days,but in my mind I'm still in Kustur! :-)
First of all - thanks to all staff in KusturClub!Thanks for the kindness,care and hospitality!
It was maybe the best holiday for me&my family! We received all that we expected-comfortable & clean rooms(especially the orange houses-our room was next to the SilentPools,great!),nice food,beautiful weather,sea&beach..And all this greenness!!
Everything in the village is well-maintained,the housekeepers do their job very well.
It is a great idea for the houses to be only 2floors-we're bored&nervous from giant hotels to the sky without any cosiness.My son is 6 years old and he was very happy there.He was like a "free bird" all of the time!
This is a perfect place for new friends and meetings with people from different countries.You can do all that you want!
There is a lot variety of sports and games for everybody. Especially when the teams are international is very funny!.Also you can try some new sport (like me -Archery).
The Silent pools are very nice and calm place -perfect for relax..
I don't want to be long-winded,so I think that this place is beautiful due to the people which are working there and take caring of it.
I hope to go there the next year and if you decide то rest there-enjoy it!"

• Travel date: Wed 27th of September 2006

Holiday village from Hell!

"Just back from the Kustur Club. It was the worst holiday experience ever. Firstly the complex as one trip advisor reviewer mentioned is just like Butlins. The animation team are basically Redcoats dressed as Flintstone characters who perform communal poolside dances at various stages of the day. "Agadoo" was included. The accomodation though cleaned daily was very basic and some what dated. The shower had so much grime and dirt around the basin. The maids come when they feel like during the day so you can't really return to your room til after 6pm once they have finished their duties.

The food was horrible very lukewarm and the worst variety ever. Meal times was hellish as the red army of Russian descend on the buffet and will push and jump in front of you at the servery. These people have no manners at all and are the most arrogant rude people I have ever met. The Turkish waiters are not much better either especially at the main restaurant. They seem to have gone off the Brits bigtime, probably cause of the Iraqi situation. Beer and soft drinks is served in polystyrene cups through out the complex.

The beach is quite pleasant apart from the used condoms floating around the waters edge.

This complex appeals mostly to "Chav" clientelle and people who think it is fab have probably not been well travelled or are very easily pleased.

You have been warned! Avoid this place if you can!"

• Travel date: Thu 21st of September 2006

Fantastic Value For Money

Good

"We visited Kustur Club during the middle weeks of the school holidays. It was very busy! Our one bed apart was clean and spacious with a small balcony, not that we spent much time in it. Our two teenage children were thoroughly entertained with the pool slides and the internet although the prices for the pool tables were a bit steep. There were lots of nationalities here with English being in the minority. We thought the food was fine. Granted there are no full English breakfasts but the hotel is catering for the whole of Europe not just the British!! There was lots of fresh fruit, salads, cold meats, fish, soups, etc. The daytime pizza snacks were also delicious. The grounds were very clean with people tidying up all the time. It was also a very safe place with security guards patrolling the grounds. The staff at the bar and the restaurant were great. We have been on lots of all inclusive holidays and been made to feel greedy or had drinks limited but here nothing is too much trouble - they really want you to have a god time. I would recommend this resort the only downside is the transfer time from the airport. PS The only UK company using this hotel is JMC but we paid loads less through holiday click booking the flights and the accommodation seperately."

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of August 2006

excellent hotel very clean

"myself and my family stopped at kusta club it was our first time in turkey and all inclusive firstly the hotel was more than we expected very high standards the staff had excellent customer care very hard working and the rooms were to a very high standard the food was absolutely well presented and a wonderful selection the whole complex had more than we ever imagined the grounds were lovely clean and the pool was cleaned and tested every day all staff worked to a very high standard helpful cheerful and took health and safety to a exceptional height in delivering a excellent holiday and ny the Thomas cook rep was always on hand anytime and helpful friendly and cheerful excellent customer care and finat akay masagi also like ny made us very welcome and we will definitely be returning "

• Travel date: Mon 20th of June 2011

disgusting dump

"stayed in this pit for a week horrid worse than a pontins holiday. They use TAP WATER in the drinks machines for juice. Cheap copy cola and you only get bottled water free if your German and waitress serve is non existent for english. I had to pay or buy off site i wasnt drinking tap they use a dirty hose to fill the drink dispensers up and tastes weird. YUK. The food is horrid same for lunch and dinner. they think its funny to tell vegatarians which meals are suitable only to find bits of MEAT in it.Ended up with just rice or chips.The staff treat you like dirt. The place is tatty rusty chairs at pool bar, filthy tables. Rooms stink of smoke, dirty with very noisy crickets at night. Maids dont like cleaning dust under bed so thick and thick black stinky mould in fridge which obv never has been cleaned ever. Never seen pool being cleaned either. Hygiene of staff and site is a health hazard. Millions of ants by sunbeds. No entertainment. ice cream once a day and only for kids. AI a joke ended up eating out and having to buy proper carton juice from the shop at great expense. To get to the beach you go under a stinking tunnel more like a sewer. Rep from thomas cook was totally useless never on site and didnt care when i complained esp about tap water!!. Airport total rip off. never again. "

• Travel date: Tue 14th of June 2011

Hotels near Kustur Club Holiday Village

Stayed at Kustur Club Holiday Village? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Kustur Club Holiday Village

• goranwallace by goranwallace

"bodrum better than there "

• jamess. by jamess.

"the best place to rest or have fun "

• deuinton by deuinton

"take the time to book a quad bike safari and get a really good adrenaline rush "

• brigatti by brigatti

"We stayed within the resort mainly, and would highly recommend the Turkish bath / scrub and massage! "

• Mishka by Mishka

"Long journey from Bodrum Airport "

• kerstin shand by kerstin shand

"easy to get to by local transport "

• kerstin shand by kerstin shand

"didnt get a chance as food exellent in Kustur, do some of the trips, worth it. "

• lynn437 by lynn437

"good town centre be prepared to haggle "

• lynn437 by lynn437

"speed boat trip brilliant "

• jemma louise bedford by jemma louise bedford

"dont be afraid to haggle with the maket tradesman "

• jemma louise bedford by jemma louise bedford

"the hotel resteraunt is classy if you sit outside.VISIT AQUALAND!!water park its amazing. "

• heather11 by heather11

"dont go theres better nicer hotels and cost alot less "

Kustur Club Holiday Village is also called