Korumar Hotel De Luxe

Gazi Begendi Mevki, Kusadasi 09400 Turkey

The Best Hotel

"First time in Turkey - and we didnt know what to expect.

Staying at the Kormuar was simply one of the best choices of holiday we could have made

4 adults and 2 young children:

The rooms were superb -0food excellent and freshly prepared - and the service was outstanding. The staff simply couldnt do enough to make our stay more welcoming, and they were very proud of the hotle that they worked for.

The pool was clean and large enough to make sure that you felt like you were in there on your own , whilst the "animation team" that provided kiddies entertainment as well as evening "shows" were friendly - and fun.

Not much of a beach to speak about - but it relly didnt matter , as everything you could possiby want for a relaxing holiday was within the Korumar

2YTL (bus) or 5eruos(cab) takes you to Kusadasi town - where the shops - bazaars and restaurants are plentiful , whlst excursions to Ephesus and waterparks etc are easily available.

Swimming with the Dolphins at ADALAND for 120YTL is an experience not to be missed.

We will definatley be going back next year!!"

• Travel date: Mon 27th of August 2007

Great Holiday

"My partner and I had never been together on holiday in the 13 years we had been together...and the Korumar could not have been a better hotel anywhere. The food is glorious, the pool wonderful, the facilities great and the staff and Animation team could not have been more helpful or friendly. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel for couples or families. One tip...you must get the sea view."

• Travel date: Sat 25th of August 2007

Great Hotel

"We stayed here for a week in June
We could not have had a better time. The room was great and with full air conditioning. The food was excellent and the choice amazing. The pool is one of the largest in Europe. There is a private beach with a gorgeous cove, it is never overcrowded and you can stay there all day without being hassled. The staff are extremely helpful and the entertainment at night is great. All in all Fantastic! Will stay here again."

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of August 2007

fantastic hotel

"We stayed at this hotel for first two weeks in August 2007 and would strongly disagree with the last reviewer. We have stayed at five star hotels throughout the world and the Korumar was as good as and better than some. The room was excellent and it is worth paying for the sea view which is wonderful. Our room maid Meiriam was excellent and got things fixed e.g.the door stop in the bathroom without being asked. The food was excellent . Okay there isn't a big English fry up at breakfast but there was an omelette chef and yes he does fried eggs and a huge choice of cereals,cheese , cold meats, fruit, bread, honey, jams, fried mushrooms, sausage, french toast , cheese tomatoes. The evening meals were superb. the buffet could not be faulted. Two choice of soups, huge range of salads , cheese, cold meats, fish and vegetables. Every night two chefs outside one making two types of fresh pasta the other two chinese meals, a grill chef making steak, chops and fish, pizza chef both local and turkish. In addition the hot buffet always had a poultry, meat and fish option, a hot pasta dish, vegetables and a potato option(chips, mashed, roasted, boiled). Sweets to die for - fresh fruit, trifles, turkish pastries, hot puddings, gateaux. Only compIaints price of drink and ice cream etc extortionate. Efes beer in hotel worked out at £7 per pint in town £1.20. Ice cream 24p in shop in town in hotel £2.00. Don't expect to pay local prices in 5* hotel but this was a rip off. Shame as it meant few people stayed in hotel at night. Also coffee service at breakfast was too slow. Not fault of women who served coffee but in my view they were given too many other things to do by male staff who stood about.The location is superb - 15 min walk or £1 in dolmus to centre of Kusadasi. There is an a la carte and a fish restaurant also available for a charge of 9 euro each. Grounds and beach were wonderful. I would have no hesitation in recommeding this hotel."

• Travel date: Wed 15th of August 2007

Have you tried learning Spanish ?

Good

"Have just returned from two excellent weeks 31st July-14th August, at the Korumar, having read the previous review I wonder if it is the same hotel. The food was of good quality,tasty ,varied, and didn't give me a bad stomach. The chateau Brien in the a-la- carte restaurant was to die for. As with all 5 star hotels, they take liberties where possible, £13 house wine as an example, however we met two lovely couples who were on all-inclusive and this may well be the best option. Our rep played a distant role in our holiday, flight home wasn't delayed as first thought, defiantly recommend to anyone looking for a beautiful setting. relaxing holiday where there are activities available if you want, or none if you don't."

• Travel date: Tue 14th of August 2007

Very Disappointed

"Although accommodation and hotel is excellent, we stayed on an all inclusive basis and ended up having to eat out. Breakfast was good but the rest of the food was appalling. Staff service was also bad. They would ignore you when you tried to attract their attention, not at all what we had expected from friends reports on Turkey.

Beach was not as clean as we would have liked either.

Did not help that the First Choice rep was unhelpful too. Gave wrong information when we were there.

Has put me off Turkey and will not visit again."

• Travel date: Sun 12th of August 2007

I loved the Korumar Hotel!

"I have just returned from the Korumar Hotel after a week's stay half board. It is a fantastic hotel, really beautiful, great location and almost faultless service.

The hotel is in an out of town location about 20 minutes walk to the nearest hotel, as a previous reviewer has mentioned, it is walkable but I don't really recommend it as it is too hot and there are not proper pavements. You can get a taxi or Dolmus to take you down the hill which we did and then walked into the city centre.

I was a bit worried about going to Turkey - heard bad reports about food and service but having stayed in the Korumar, I'm happy to say that I will be going back to Turkey. The food at the hotel is amazing - you almost get lost in the buffet as there is so much choice and no annoying queues or food running out to prevent you from getting what you want. I really liked the fact that there were different places to eat at the hotel, so if one night you didn't fancy the buffet you could go to the Sedir Restaurant (the a la carte restaurant). It costs 9 Euros to eat there unless you are all inclusive, but your 9 Euros goes a long way!

I didn't watch the entertainment (it's provided by the hotel's very own entertainment team called 'The Crow') so can't comment on it, but from what I saw when they were rehearsing, it did look very professional and the costumes were very eye catching. Most people went to see the entertainment and judging by their expressions they were impressed.

My top tips are as follows:

- If you want to eat in the Sedir Restaurant, remember it's closed on a Monday night and you need to book it in advance at Guest Relations as the restaurant will not accept you booking it with them
- Take a combination of Euros and Liras. The restaurants in Ladies Beach prefer Euros, as do some of the shops
- Fly to Izmir airport, we flew to Bodrum and it's a two hour coach journey to the hotel
- Eat at the Beach Bar for lunch, the food is nicer than the Snack Bar for some reason
- Enjoy your two for one drinks in the Lobby Bar but remember import drinks eg. Smirnoff vodka are mega expensive

and.... have fun - you will not be disappointed with the Koruma hotel!"

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of July 2007

Excellent hotel. Loved it!!!!

"Well where do i start? Totally fantastic hotel. Stayed here from the 7th of july with my partner for a week b and b. Saw it on the net and fell in love with the great pool so i booked. On getting out of izmir airport i was greeted at the bridge where a genlteman asked if i was with thomas cook, to which i said yes. Little did i know that this was one of the usual turkish scams. These people dont work for thomas cook but they pretend too, so they then take your bags to the bus and let women board the bus then tell you you have to pay them a tip. Of course being english you dont like to be rude and it can be quite intimidating. So in future dont let anyone take your bags, firmly tell them no and carry them yourself. On getting to the hotel which takes about an hour you are greeted by very helpful staff who are great and speedily sort out your check in. We got to our room to find it was a rear car park view which to be honest wasnt to nice, so we had to pay an extra £70 for the week to have a seaview, which in my mind was well worth it and made the holiday. Be warned any room number that is odd is good,avoid the even ones as they are all on the reverse side of the hotel with no view. The room itself was spotless and attention to detail great. I couldnt fault it at all and was very pleased with everything. Always check your mini bar as sometimes it can be empty and you dont want charged for it. A small efes was 7lira which to be honest was expensive but this is classed as a turkish 5 star hotel or a uk 4. Without going on to much all i can say is i prefer gumbet and bodrum as its more close together and cheaper, and bar street is better, also its not as commercialised. Food at the hotel was excellent the breakfasts were worth getting up for alone, dont expect a greasy english fry up as it wont happen. Fresh fruit and crepes honey meats are on offer which to be honest is nicer to eat in a hot place like turkey. Who wants to go abroad just to eat greasy english food? The pool is great and everything looks just as it does on the web site if not better spottless. The small private beach is stunning too and the view of the sea beautiful. Theres also always plenty of sunbeads, but i got the hammocks as they were great. The lift to the jetty is also a nice feature. Kusadasi itself is well worth a visit and its about a 5 minute journey to town by dolmus which cost 2lira. A walk would take a bout 20mins but not advisable, as at night the road back is quite dark and unlit. There are plenty of places to eat, my favourite being green island along the sea front.Very cheap for beer 2.5lira and a steak being about 20lira. Nice people and a big plate full, if you go ask for kevin, real nice lad and very helpful. In all would i go back?YES. Like i said i prefer bodrum but i liked the hotel, and i would go back for that alone. Great food, Great service, Great views, Great location, and Excellent rooms. You wont be dissapointed!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 15th of July 2007

Better than ever

Good

"This was our second stay in the Korumar - the first being in 2004. The property has since had a refurbishment - and the good has just got better. We stayed on a b&b basis as I like to eat elsewhere and in different restaurants - but breakfast was just fab... such a choice. Service fantastic; ALL hotel staff we dealt with were polite, friendly, smart, and went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. Our room ( always pay the extra for a sea view ) modern and comfortable with the ever essential air conditioning... and very quiet as well. If I have any negative comment to make it would be just to say that there can be a lot of familys with children, especially around the (large) pool. There were not many English visitors staying during our time at the Korumar, but personally we found this a bonus.... enjoy chatting to the Russian, Dutch, American and other nationalities. I would certainly recommend this hotel to friends and family, but perhaps not to those who do not enjoy a walk - it can be long stroll back up the hill after a few 'Efes'."

• Travel date: Sat 7th of July 2007

extras unnnecesary expensive

Good

"The HTL is excellent, facilities, service, but unfortunately any extra is charged with an expensive charge ( expamplew 5 euros for 30 minuts of internet, 6 euros for a turkish caffe, 5 for a coke)"

• Travel date: Tue 12th of June 2007

highly over rated

"this hotel is by no means a 5 star hotel, rooms very small and bathroom was badly finished shower was in the bath,nice view though and the pool was nice also, they state they have there own private beach! what a joke it consists of a wheel barrow full of sand tipped over a few rocks and trust me i am not exaggerating you would not have room to lay a towel down,i was looking forward to playing archery but i cud not get any help from any staff member i asked about playing it so i gave up asking,99% of the staff have next to no English and are not very help full, i found most of the male staff very rude, at 1 stage i went to the pool bar where they left me standing there while they argued with each other, i stayed half board big mistake because they charge more for drinks and snacks there than they do at home,they only want your money and as much as they can squeeze out of you, i was there for my birthday, they left a letter in my room wishing me happy b-day which was nice, then i spotted the 2 bruised apples and 2 rotten peaches in a basket they left with the note, i did not expect anything but that was an insult,i have stayed in hotels all over the world on different family occasions and they have always left something nice in the room but this was a real insult. i would not recommend this hotel for these reason, and it should be rated as a 3 star at the very most, very disappointing "

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of August 2011

JUST CAME 2 DAYS FRM THE HOLIDAY . STAY...

"JUST CAME 2 DAYS FRM THE HOLIDAY . STAYED FOR 2 WEEKS . IT WAS EXCELLENT

THANKS TO RUPERT THE TRAVEL AGENT . WHO ADVISED TO GO TO THIS HOTEL . FOOD WAS VERY GOOD , STAFF WAS EXCELLENT . ANY ONE LOOKING FOR A EXCELLENT HOLIDAY . THEN CALL RUPERT ON 0800-408-2850 EXT 56127 .

VALUE FOR MONEY . ROOM WERE VERY CLEAN. GOOD VIEWS, I STAYED THERE WITH MY WIFE . I BEEN THERE FOR MY HONEY-MOON. IT WAS REALLY ROMANTIC TIME .

I WILL GO TO THIS HOTEL AGAIN .Excellent! Fantastic!!! A hidden gem!!! There is nothing I can fault with this property. I am a mamnger of a travel agency and have recommended this property over and over to colleagues and customers with not one complaint.

It is worth paying for a seaview room and it is worth paying for the all inclusive option

(if available at the time of booking). I have stayed here on both half board and All
inclusive....just marvellous!

There are a number of good restaurants nearby if you don’t want to walk or catch a dolmus into town for about 50p. Water park can be accessed by local bus too.
When I arrived in my room I was really pleased with the room and the view was breathtaking. It was very relaxing and I was very happy with the hotel.

This was indeed the case. The hotel was top class throughout, with the quality of the food, accommodation and most of all the staff, second to none.

basic just as the brochure says, but it would be hard to find anywhere that is kept cleaner (towels changed daily, and bedding every other) and with more helpful and friendly staff, who aren’t pushy, but are there to help, and who mix well with...

The reception staff can be a bit stuffy, but you don't really need them for anything except possibly booking a late check out room, but this cannot be done until the night before you're leaving...so there you go , I've saved you a job!!!!
Had a wonderful time there. The hotel is beautiful, the service is excellent and the food is great. They have a wonderful Chinese chef there which makes a nice change if you have been in Turkey for a while and would like something different.
There are live entertainment every night with a wonderful team of young people to ensure there is always something to do. The location is wonderful too. It is just outside the hustle bustle of the main town so it is nice and tranquil with beautiful beaches but at the same time it takes no time all to get into town. I would highly recommend this to anybody.

• Travel date: Fri 1st of August 2008

Hotels near Korumar Hotel De Luxe

Stayed at Korumar Hotel De Luxe? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Korumar Hotel De Luxe

• john b by john b

"stay somewhere cheaper look for a 3 star becaues thats all this 1 is at 5 star prices "

Korumar Hotel De Luxe is also called