Esat Hotel

Birlik Yapi Kooperatifi Enver Reis Sok. No 5, Kusadasi 09400 Turkey

Better than we expected

"First of all this is to clear things up. The bad reviews of this hotel that some people have wrote are unfounded. On arrival to the hotel we were very warmly welcomed by the friendly faces and smiles of the staff. There was alot of commotion but the staff remaind calm and friendly at all times.

ROOMS
We were allocated a family room on the 5th floor. The view from the room was sepctacular as you could see nearly all of Down Town Kusadasi and the Harbour.

The room was very clean and it was very big. The only problem was that it didnt have a bath. It only had a shower.

There was loads of closet space. The room had a TV, with limited channels though, and Air Conditioning.

The sun sets from our room were AMAZING!

FOOD
The food was edible and nice but the hotel needed a bigger selection. it was, however, pretty good for only its second year as all inclusive.

IN CONCLUSION
The hotel was fantastic, the staff were brilliant and the pool, was a good size. the food and the room were good too!

I will DEFINATELY be returning to this hotel!"

• Travel date: Wed 19th of July 2006

Loved the place

"We stayed at the pigalle panorama hotel from 3rd July until 17th July and here is my review.

On arrival at the front of the hotel our bags were taken inside by the bellboy and we went to check in.

We were shown to our room which was overlooking the harbour and sea where the cruise ships dock. Rooms were very clean. We had a twin room , ensuite with balcony.

The hotel was clean and all the staff were very helpful. Especially soner (reception clerk) and two waiters called birol and alex.

The pool was always clean and the immediate area was always kept clean.

Food was ok, omelettes for breakfast , cereals , toast etc. If you wanted a full English breakfast it was an extra £6 a day. But we didn’t have one as cereal and omelette was plenty.

Lunchtime was usually veal or chicken , plenty of salad stuff and bread.

Evening meal usually the same , veal chicken , soups , curry etc and again plenty of salad stuff and different desserts.

Tea/coffee and cakes were served in the afternoon usually at the pool bar.

Pizzas , burgers and chips were also available from 10.30am at the pool bar.

There was always one bar open at all times, and the bar stopped all inclusive at 11pm , so most people stockpiled before that. Measures were very strong.

Hotel activities and entertainment

Pool table - you have to hire the balls from reception
Gym has approx 6 different pieces of equipment.

Entertainment 3 nights a week. Monday , Wednesday and Saturday

Onsite barber 2 days a week ( Tuesday and Fridays) who also did shaves, hair platts, pedicures etc.

Jewellery stall everyday and henna tattoos .

Overall we really enjoyed our stay at this hotel and will return sometime soon.

The hotel is also up a steep hill, but hey you cant have it all."

• Travel date: Sun 16th of July 2006

Loved it and going back soon

"Lovely hotel on a steep hill but has beautiful view of the harbour. The food was good, with omlettes made every morning fresh. The food is not top notch but what do you expect for a cheap deal. I think people forget that most all inclusives cost a lot more than the £250 we paid, but not bad, had chicken, veal, meatballs, pastas and cold meat buffet with lots of salad stuff, fruit juices tea coffee, unlimited bread. The entertainment is three nights a week, but there is loads of cheap stuff to do such as going to mayflower for a drink on turkish night, only cost £10 each for three course meal including are free cocktails and the extra bottle of wine we ordered between the six of us. The drinks are weak but opt for the beer that will get you tipsy after four, believe me I know. The drinks only go on to 11 pm but are cheap enough to buy afterwards, only £1 for a beer 300 lire, so who's complaining and if you want you can go down to bar street for irish bars and clubs (but expect to pay about £4 a drink). There are lots of excursions we went on the boat trip (highl recommended at £9 per person) stopped at three lovely beaches, nice ride and options for water sports. Otherwise the two day scuba dive or turkish bath is a delight as well as the water park which is top notch for both adults and kids, we were there for 9 hours and the time flew by. The staff make every effort to chat to you and keep you entertained the bar staff and reception show card tricks and so forth, very very helpful. The hotel is very clen the cleaners do a top job and leave you little suprises (won't tell you what but they are great). I think english people expect a lot more than they pay for but for the cost of our holiday it was excel;lent. If I had paid £500 all inclusive I would be a bit disappointed but the price we paid I was expecting a lot less than what we got."

• Travel date: Mon 26th of June 2006

'Not what i expected......'

"Well, on arrival it was a little worrying as the bus we got could hardly get up the hill to the hotel which is on a steep slope in the middle of a housing estate. At the hotel we were given our room number, and off we went, only to be told after unpacking our clothes that we had been given the wrong room! so, off we went again back down to reception for another key. The room we were given was supposed to have a harbour/seaside view and to my horror when i opened the balcolny door there was a building site and big black spikes with barbed wire around the balcolny! (See photos) The room also smelt like someone very sweaty had been hiding under the bed for a month. We complained and eventually got moved to a room at the front with a harbour view. The cleaner was in everday and we always had clean towel's which were made into nice little sculptures. (See Photo's)The pool area was small and over-crowded somedays, which forced you to go elsewhere as there was no-where to sun bathe. FOOD! well, ive read through some of these reviews on here and i think ive either just had a bad experience, or ive caught the chef's on a bad week. The brekfast was the usual foreign stuff, cheese, ham and stuff like that, and the chef was there to cook you an egg if you wanted, well half cook it! i was put off straight away when the slime rolled off my egg on to the plate! and for all its 'All Inclusive' if you want a english breakfast for have to pay 10 lira for it, which in my book, that ISNT all inclusive! I also noticed the food is re-cycled beyond belief! For example, If you got a bit of chicken for your tea, it then re-appeared on the next days lunch (breaded), then again on the tea time in the salad bar...uuurrrggghhh!! to say the least, the £259 i paid for my week there would have covered the cost in toilet roll as i was never off the bloody thing. I suffered food poisioning the last 2-3 days which i definitely believe was down to the food. This spoilt my holiday... my partner was also poorly but not as bad as me and a few other's had also been bad which they believed was down to the food..so if your thinking about going here..BEWARE... you have been warned! (Take some Dio-calms aswell) The 'All Inclusive' bar closes at 11pm so make sure you stock up on drinks before then. (Also, the drinks are weak as hell so you might need a few dozen if you plan on getting tipsy!) The gym...? What gym! if you can call a 1970's exercise bike a gym well there u go! The pool table has no pool balls?? Well thats all im gonna say, never the less, i definitely wont be going back... good luck if your going!!
The nightlife in the hotel is non-existing, a guy with a guitar a few nights and thats it. If you want to have a dance and a good drink, go to 'Bar Street' where there's a choice of bars and Music (Lots of Irish bars) and be prepared to be hassled to death to buy a leather jacket...in 38 degree heat??? Dont think so...."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of June 2006

a little disappointing

"just got back from holiday in pigale and was dissaponted there was nothing to do there for the children, no entertainment just repeated music all day and night very boring. took trips out most of my week there costing me a bit more than expected. the staff are very nice and the service ok the food was filling but thats all. dont expect to much from this hotel its a place to sleep"

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of June 2006

a simple, good hotel for sportive guests

"Rooms are OK, clean, not too small with sufficient towels etc. The staff is friendly and helpfull and I do not understand why other reporters complain about the chef. We had good experiences, he was nice and not angry when we asked for more or anything else. Maybe they replaced the grumpy one!!
The food itself was enough, fresh, not a wide variety and only 2 or 3 meat-dishes to choose from. The wine tasted like water, so better Take Water.
But the worst of the hotel is the situation. Maybe when you have a room on the seaside you have a nice view (we were on the back-siide) but the hotel is on a steep hill, with no dolmus in the close area (strange in Turkye where you find them everywhere) so either you have to walk or take a cab (5 lira from the citycentre; not dinar as mentioned before). When you go walking be prepared: it is at least 200 meters with a rising percentage of 20%(cars have to do it in the first gear). Good for sportsmen to have their daily training..."

• Travel date: Sat 27th of May 2006

Cheap Cheerful All Inclusive Package

Good

"2 Adults 2 Children stayed at the Pigale Panorama Hotel, We thought the Food was good their was a good variety of salads and warm food, perhaps the evening meals where a little bland, but still edible and enjoyable.The deserts where basic small cakes and pastries with an angel delight type of sweet custard.The Hotel is located on a steep hill, so walking back was quite a tiring experience, Taxis are available and easy to locate.The nearest beaches for sun bathing and water sports are Ladies beach 3 miles away or kusta beach which is 4 miles away {close to the Aqua Park}.
The Marina was a nice place to walk about, we booked a Boat Trip and enjoyed a really good day out touring up and down the coast with drinks and lunch all provided.The Harbour is a favourite place for Cruise Liners to dock, from the Hotel you can see the Cruise ships, you can also practically walk up to them in the harbour, it is quite a spectacle.
The Aqua Park is worth visiting and is really big, their is a Wave Machine plus loads of different slides and flumes, plenty of activities for younger children as well.
The local market is on a Wednesday and Friday, you can buy fake Lacost polo tops for £2 each plus other makes such as Raulph Lauren etc.We really enjoyed our trip, the weather was hot but not to hot we all got decent sun tans.The Hotel was good and the service was good, there was no table tennis which would have been fun.On the whole we enjoyed ourselves, on our first all inclusive cheap and cheerful holiday."

• Travel date: Sat 13th of May 2006

Relaxing cheap break!

"This holiday was going very cheap (all inclusive) on a late deal with Vision Holidays. The hotel is only a 2 or 3 star by UK standards. Vision Holidays star chart is different which is why is advertised as a 4*!

ROOMS:

We encountered two problems on our arrival. A) The bed provided for my daughter was a very old spring bed and way past it's time! The staff were very helpful in sorting the problem out. They replaced whole thing within half an hour. 2) The lock was broken on our balcony door which didn't make me feel very safe, but again the staff got onto it straight away and sent somebody up. It did make me wonder why this had not been checked before!

We had a lovely sea view which was lovely in the evening for the sunset; I would ask to change rooms if you have any other view than the sea view because from what I heard the views at the side and back were not very nice! Rooms are modern and spacious.

HOTEL & POOL AREA:

The hotel is situated at the very top of the hill so it takes a while to walk down into centrum, 15mins I’d say. If you are fit and like a nice walk you will enjoy this! If you walk down you will pass some nice restaurants and the market area. On most occasions we would walk down the hill and get a taxi back up because the hill was to steep for me!
The dining room was quite large but I think it could do with updating - the green paint made the room feel dark and dingy. The buffet area wasn't that big either but I would say it was clean.
No entertainment on an evening and I found it quite annoying that football was on the TV nearly every night. It would be nicer if they could put the TV separate to the bar as the area is quite small. We made our own entertainment if we stayed in the bar area but we went out most nights. I think it is to early to stop the all inclusive free drink (local beer/spirit) at 23:00.
Roof Bar, Fitness Centre, Games Room - Did not exist.
While we were there the Pool area was always clean and there were always enough sun beds to go around. I don't know if the small round hole at the rear of the pool area was supposed to be a child’s pool?! Never did find that out. It was tiny!

MEALS:

Breakfast was your standard Turkish breakfast, feta, olives, ham etc different juices, cereal. Never had a problem with the breakfasts.

Lunch - If you are around the pool and want a snack then only a few of the dishes on the snack menu were included in the all inclusive deal. On one occasion i did not want the full blown meal they were dishing out at 1pm (kebab, salad, desert), i just wanted a small omelette yet I was told I would have to pay for this! I took this up with the manager who would not back down. This was an unbelievable conversation considering it was all inclusive!

Evening - We all found the evening meals very bland. It was chicken nearly everyday. Everything was buffet while we were there but they do spoon up your main course for you. You've got to ask for more or they will give you tiny portions! We ate out at local restaurants on a few nights because we just couldn't take it anymore.

Staff:

Most of the staff were very friendly but i found The head chef very rude and you would get a strange look if you asked for more on your plate! He didn't smile at all.
The maids came in everyday while we were there and like most other hotels they leave you pretty shapes/rose petals with the towels. The rooms were cleaned to a very high standard in my opinion.

VISION HOLIDAYS:

Tickets and info did not arrive until 3 days departing, a nightmare!
Picked up by rep at airport who took us to the hotel in a small van. Quite strange when you are used to going with a coach load of holiday makers. Driver was to fast and had to tell him to slow down for us as we are not high speeders and i was terrified of going over the edge of a mountain!! When we were taken to the airport at 3am the driver of the van dropped us off at the wrong terminal and never said goodbye or helped with luggage. We had a long walk to the correct terminal with our entire luggage and nobody to help!

A holiday is what you make it and even though the hotel was not 4* as advertised we expected basic and that's what we got! It was an enjoyable and a relaxing break for us overall. I enjoyed the visit to Ephesus, The boat trip and having a Turkish bath! I would not be visiting Kusadasi again because I have now been there and done that! :) I also reccommend going to Ladies Beach and Long Beach."

• Travel date: Thu 16th of February 2006

Cheap and cheerful

"My girlfriend and I booked a last minute deal with Vision holidays. We were looking for some sun, and all inclusive. The weather was not disappointing. We were there for 14 days, during which time it didn't rain once, although cloudy in the afternoon a couple of days.
However, on three separate occasions, mostly during the night, we experienced quite violent earthquakes,which although lasting for only about a few seconds, were quite alarming.From our balcony, we could see some locals spending the entire night outside their houses, rather than in them!
So, what about the hotel. Well, we paid a cheap price, so didn't expect a lot. We were allocated a room with not a terribly nice view, and asked to be changed to a room with a sea view. The hotel obliged, and the new room had a fantastic view of the harbour and town (very built up). The rooms themselves were cleaned every day to a high standard, with the maids replacing all used towels, and even making sculptures and shapes out of the new ones!
Food: Plenty of cold salads etc. For the evening meal, a limited choice of 3 or 4 hot meals, which usually tasted salty. The chef serving the meals used to dish up child portions, and seemed to begrudge you if you asked for more! Although buffet style for cold foods,drinks were served at the table by the waiter.
There is a poolside bar which had a food section. This was okay if you liked burgers, chips and pizza, with cake and biscuits served in the afternoon.
Drink: Served until 11pm, which seemed early. Stock up so that after 11 you have plenty. Only local beers and spirits were available, which seemed a bit weak and ran out on more than one occasion, although we suspect this was down to the management because when one family started complaining after being told that a spirit had run out, miraculously more appeared!
We had read that there was no entertainment, so the evenings were spent around the bar on failry uncomfortable chairs.
Staff were friendly and chef aside,service was exeptional.
To sum up, we enjoyed a relaxing cheap and cheerful holiday here. We wouldn't go back because we've been there and there are other places to go, although we would recommend it to anyone if your expectations aren't too high, and you don't spend too much for the holiday"

• Travel date: Sun 15th of January 2006

Pigale Panorama not so bad

"All inc Package with Vision Holidays
Sept 10th-17th 2005
Unlike previous reports we have read on the Pigale Panorama
We found the hotel to be of a very good standard, though we did have some concerns.
We booked last minute through Vision Holidays
The hotel was very clean, rooms were serviced daily to an exceptional standard. A good 3* Hotel
The pool was clean and pool area had loads of sun beds
The Restaurant was clean and roomy, Clean tablecloths etc, Food was Fresh, but not too much choice on Hot Meals, but it is only a small Hotel so we understood that they couldn't have loads of variety. salads were excellent.
The Alcohol didn't seem to have much effect, after 20 Vodka and Orange I was still waiting for something to happen, watered down? maybe! though I did see the bottles being opened.
No entertainment so we made our own and had great fun.
The Hotel is about 10 min's walk to the sea front, or town, downhill. Get a taxi back though the hill is very steep and pay no more than 5 Dinar.
Staff were polite, apart from the last day when they told us our All Inclusive Package was only till 12.00 hrs on our departure day, our Pick up from the hotel was not till 23.00 hrs, as we had a night flight. We were unable to use any of the facilities on the first day, as we did not arrive till 07.00 the day after our rooms were booked, that's 19 Hours that we were unable to use the Hotel, so we were surprised that the Hotel did this! and this is the first hotel that has ever done this to us on an All Inc package.
We got over this by using the pool bar and getting friends that we had made, to get drinks from the bar for us.
A good idea is to slip your bands off, they do stretch, put them on when you go for drinks etc, but don't let the Receptionist on reception see it on your wrist or she will snip it off ! or argue your point with the manager if he is there!!
We did try to extend our rooms for the day, its £20 but none were available, even for those who had booked them before they arrived.
We would be happy to stay here again, but probably not, and nothing spoiled our fun apart from our last few hours."

• Travel date: Sun 18th of September 2005

OMG What A Nightmare........

"What can i say... Well our transfers and hotel were for once booked seperatly.. so we had no rep.. Was not a problem for the flights and finding our transfers.. they were brill.. Me and my partner travelled with a 9 year old.. so by the time we came to the Esat hotel which was at 2am.. they told us we had no room.. They had double booked.. We were taken in by the hotel opposite ( Alp hotel ).. Which were so lovely. We were told to come back at 9am.. we came back to be givin wristbands and told to go upstairs for food.. STILL NO ROOM!!!!.. Went back to the Alp after being told to come back at 10am... STILL NO ROOM.. in the end we took our luggage to the Esat hotel and had to leave it in reception as my son was getting restless and wanted to get into the pool.. We sat beside the pool untill 4pm waiting for our room.. so many excuses.. In the end a rep from another holiday company helped us.. We got into our room at 4:30 and the maids were still cleaning.. So a complete day wasted.. On the plus side they gave us a free safty deposit box and let us stay until our transfer home in our room.. which by the way we didnt take up, after seeing what happened to other people that left while we where there.. 1 couple had to pay 75 quid to get to the airport, as the hotel didnt tell them there transfer was there.. Anyway the food was awfull.. If u like boiled eggs and salad for breakfast everyday day.. u will be in heaven.. only good food was at the snack bar.. pizza, chips and burgers. I came home with food poisoning. Room was fine, reception was so helpful. Shop was so bare we had to hike up the road to get some ciggies etc... "

• Travel date: Wed 4th of January 2012

Never written a review before so not rea...

Good

"Never written a review before so not really sure how to word the whole thing. Anyway my teenage daughter an myself stayed at thsi hotel for 2 weeks and it was the best holiday ever! The staff where more than friendy an always had a smile. The rooms where spotless in comparison to other hotels we had previously stayed in Kusadasi this was by far the best.
If i had to find fault it would be the lack of entertainment in the evening. I found this a big thing as i didnt want to run to bar street every evening. If its a uiet relaxing holiday u want then this is most definately the place to stay. even with a young baby as there is no noise in the evening after 1130pm.
The food was good. Breakfast consisted of the usual eggs, toast, cheese but was definately better than average.
I would have no second thoughts about booking and staying in this holtel in the future, a real gem"

• Travel date: Sun 6th of July 2008

Hotels near Esat Hotel

Stayed at Esat Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Esat Hotel

• wezzaandleah by wezzaandleah

"if u are going as a couple or family always get 2 drinks each at a time, cause they water them down till 10pm.. then u have to pay for them... "

Esat Hotel is also called