Ephesia Hotel

Haci Feyzullah Mahallesi Ilica Mevkii, Kusadasi 09400 Turkey

Good

More than I expected

"I arrived on 27th August 2006 and left on 7th September.

Room: large, very clean, all new. All rooms have sea view. The ones in the back of the hotel are facing Kusadasi Centrum.
Bathroom: clean, large but with an old look. Sheets and towels are changed daily!
Air conditioning works only at a preset temperature: 16 degrees Celsius. But that was not a problem.
Staff: very polite, always trying to help.

Meals: Turkish, very tasty, never had the same dish twice! More than plenty. I love it and now I miss it. But those who are not aware of the Turkish cuisine might consider it odd.

Entertaining: each night kids had a lot of fun at the Mini Club and they are so tired that they were carried asleep by their parents. For teens and adults there were also a lot of fun activities: gymnastic and water gymnastic, aerobic, polo, darts, bingo and lots of other games.

I would definitely go again!"

• Travel date: Tue 19th of September 2006

1st time all inclucive...Loved it!

"When I read the review 13 jun 2006 I felt I had to put forward our experience.This was the 1st time we went on a holiday as a family,including mother-in-law(82) and for all of us it was a brilliant holiday,shame it was only a week. The food was better than we expected with the choice for all sittings well thought out and varied.For breakfast there was a choice of hot or cold buffet,both well stocked and kept replenished(o.k. no bacon but this is a muslim country).Lunch also had hot or cold choices with loads of different salads and cold meats.Try the lamb and eggplant if its on the hot buffet!!As for the chips it is a buffet you just have to time it right to get fresh hot chips,also there was always rice and couple of days there was either roast or corquet potatoes.The dinner buffet was the best!Again hot and cold choices with 2 soups.I wont go on again about the choice but there was always red and white meat, and a veggie option and sometimes fish.As for the desserts well i have never seen so many looking so good(just ask my mother in law).
As for the bars the beer was the local brew and was fine also there was vodka,white rum,gin,raki and brandy,red or white wine and the mixers were branded names not some cheap subsitute.I agree that some of the bar staff were surly but hey dont tip those ones!On the whole the staff were great,friendly and helpful especialy the entertainment team who were always around.Each night there was some from of entertainment on from 'slap stick'caberet to a turkish night with a junior disco and adult disco each night.There was also a bingo night and for those wanting it world cup football in the t.v. room.
The pool and beach were brilliant!The beach had a blue flag status,with lovley shallow water which did tend to get a bit rougher as the afternoon went on but the waves were good for body surfing!!
Would reccomend getting a massage while at the hotel,dont be afraid to barter for this as we got a 2 for 1 deal!

Overall our experience over the week was a completly relaxed well looked after in wonderful surroundings."

• Travel date: Tue 27th of June 2006

More LIFE in a grave yard

"Just got back from a 14 day vacation at the Ephesia hotel. It was the longest 2wk holiday we ever had, thought it were never going to end. The first few days the staff were very surly but slowly most began to smile all except the staff on the burger bar, they certainly need to learn manners and some people skills.

I feel it's only fair that people thinking of going to this hotel should be aware of a few things, such as the so called A/I, for instance the choice of alcohol.....Salty Beer, Vodka and Rakki, anything else you have got to pay for. There is no turkish alternative to any other spirits! And there is no entertainment for adults at all..

Food is the same every night!! Meatballs, chicken (I think) salad and cold chips. I would'nt recomend taking children unless you want tantrums each day because They will be hungry.

Make sure EVERYTHING is locked away!!! We had two hundred cigarettes stolen from our room and some gifts and clothes were also taken. Not sure if it was the maid or the person who refills the mini bar, reception certainly was not interested when we reported this.

It was our 1st time in Turkey and have now been put off from ever visiting again."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of June 2006

absolutelt brilliant

"we was at this hotel for two weeks and every day was brilliant.this hotel is fantastic for everyone.we had children who was looked after so brill by animation team lara and julie.our kids loved them .the entertainment team leo sammy jimmylee,julie lara were such friendlylovely people.restaurant and food fantastic.beach is right on hotel.rooms lovely and clean.will be coming back to this hotel.you will be very happy to stay here as we were.lots to do.good markets to go to.there nothing we can fault this hotel on.swimming pool for adults and pool for children.lots to do in day.lots of dancing.disco everynight,good music by dj"

• Travel date: Tue 6th of September 2005

We loved the hotel!

"We were daunted by the reviews for the Ephesia, but we absolutely loved this hotel and our stay there and in Kusadasi.

The rooms are clean, cleaned well everyday and the sheets changed nearly everyday. We left a tip for the room maid and she left us flowers on the bed in return and a sparkling room!

The air-con takes a good fifteen minutes to get the room cold after entering, but bare in mind it was August and over the 100's. The bathroom was reasonable, typical of any bathroom you'd find abroad.

The pool was gorgeous, big and very clean, there is a small pool for children which is excellent, there is also a play area for them with slides/swings etc, snooker, tennis and such, the kids were extremely happy, we were worried about the kids seeing as we were going as a couple, but i think because it was all inclusive the kids were happy as they didn't have to mither for anything, no crying or whinning. a good hotel for kids and couples.

The beach is lovely, it is clean except for some cigarette ends to which i can only blame the smokers themselves are their are pots to put them in, it really annoys me that something like this can ruin something so beautiful. however, it didn't ruin it completely, but did slightly spoil the look of the beach. the beach is tiny but just perfect too, right outside the hotel, literally a few steps away. we found even if the sunbeds were taken, if you are nice to the beach guard he will find you a sunbed and take off towels that selfish people have just left on them and disappeared. they seem to know and no body fights over it or gets unhappy.
The water on some days was slightly cloudy but that was only because of big waves coming in, which were excellent fun to ride them! on other days it was crystal clear, you could see fish and snorkel.

The staff are the best thing about the Ephesia, they are so friendly and nice, i've seen some reviews saying nasty things about them, but the staff and Turkish people are truly lovely genuine people. They didn't harrass the women or anything like that, they remained professional. They don't expect tips and seem to take genuine pride in looking after you. There are tip boxes around so you can tip as you feel fit when the time is right, there is no pressure.

We can't understand what the fuss is about the food, it was lovely, everyone keeps moaning about the salad, but the salads are excellent, the choice is excellent, yes there is a lot of Turkish food, but everyone seems to keep forgetting you are in Turkey...if you want English food choose to go to Spain instead. The cakes were stunning, the chicken was excellent and the breakfast was lovely, try the greek yoghurt with honey it's delicous, we heard people moaning for bacon butties, but don't expect to find this, but there is a good continental choice and plenty of egg dishes.
I do have to agree that they are a bit keen to take away your plates, if you want to avoid this get up early about 7am and you won't experience this. I think they just have to clear up quick as no sooner have they done this than they are setting out for lunch. oh, and the chips were never cold when we were there.
Try the beach bar and pizza hut for snacks at lunch time, it's excellent, the burger and chips is fantastic! the pizza's are spicy but so fresh, cooked there and then for you.
There's a coffee and tea machine where just refill your cup if you want it.
The ice cream is lovely but only served once which is a shame.

The music is pretty good by the pool and you don't have to join in anything you don't want to. there are gardens with trees where you lie on sun loungers if want, very nice place, the beach and also by the pool. get up before ten if you want to get a good place, people have towels on them by 5am!!

We honestly had a lovely relaxing time, the sunsets were stunning, and there's a fantastic place in the lobby where you can book a photographer to take photographs of you and your husband/partner in the sunsets, the photos are enough to make David Bailey jealous and very cheap.

there is a few small shops that are excellent in the complex, there's a jewellers called, 'Saymar' it's fantastic, my husband bought me a stunning ring there, they are so helpful, not pushy and are really genuine, have a look.

If i had to say about the negative things, they would have to be...as a couple we would have liked a bit more intimacy at lunch and dinner, some tables away from all the families would have been more romantic, but you can find this at lunch by the beach.
We did get a stomach bug that made us very ill for 2 days, we were so bad we never left the room for a day...it wasn't the food, some people we spoke to were fine, so i think we made the mistake of brushing our teeth with the water in the tap, use the bottled water for everything, even rinsing cups.
the most disappointing thing was the choice of local drinks in the all inclusive list, it just consisted of gin, vodka, raki, beer and wine. my husband didn't really like any of these, but luckily i drink vodka. also there was no cocktails, but we did find one which was classed as a long drink, it was baileys and something else, but when we asked they said they were waiting for the local equivilant of baileys, it never arrived. There was no problems getting drinks at any time of the day. however it didn't spoil our holiday.

we didn't go out in the town much, if you do you may experience a fair bit of hassel at the shops, just mithering you to buy, also beware the toilets may not be like the hotel ones, to my horror i found a hole in the floor so decided to wait!

we didn't experience the hotel staff trying to rip us off at all, however on leaving, checking out, we needed to pay 6 turkish lira for the safe and so handed the receptionist a turkish 10 lira, he wouldn't give us the change and just grinned...i think it was supposed to be a joke, but we thought what the hell but it was very cheeky, we had already tipped. no big deal though.

like i said we loved our stay, we loved the Turkish people, it was wonderful so i hope your experience is as good as ours, have a lovely time, oh and the balconies are fantastic, sea views of the sea and mountains it's stunning!"

• Travel date: Sun 21st of August 2005

think again

"Just got back from a 10 days vacation at the Ephesia hotel. For 3 out of 10 days we could not give the kids any of the food from hotel lunch, because it was very spicy. If you like the salads a lot, it's ok. It looks like this is the main course here. Music is very loud between 10:00 and 23:45. Take some ear plugs with you if you want to rest in your room in the afternoon. It doesn't matter which side of the hotel you are staying. Small beach and dirty beach chairs and mattresses. Many of the pool chairs mattresses are ripped off (unusable). Outside the hotel, there are two bars in the garden and one at the swimming pool. The problem is, they serve any kind of alcohol or beverage drinks in reusable plastic cups. You should go at the inside bar and get your drinks in a real glass. Hotel needs repairs here and there. Leaking shower and toilet. Dirty AirCond filters. Only one table tennis. Watch out if you are playing beach volley and the ball is going on the neighbors property or you don't water the sand. Neighbors property owner/administrator will chase you with his Pit-Bull dogs even outside his property. Hotel guards will not help but will remove you from beach volley court owned by Ephesia hotel. Definitely not a 4 stars hotel. I would say maybe a 3 stars. If you are not paying attention, receptionists are charging you 1 Euro for 1 TL (Turkish Lira) instead of 1 Euro for 1,60 TL. On the other hand, kids loved the swimming pool, cookies and the water melon.
We will not go there again."

• Travel date: Thu 18th of August 2005

not good

"We just got back on Sunday we were not pleased with the hotel, and you do have to watch your money my husband went to change some money at reseption and was given twenty pound short we did get it back but only because my husband is keen on checking the exchange rate. I would not go back to that hotel again no one seems to care for the visiters and in the dinning room they are taking away your things before you have finished and tying to get a drink well it would be quicker to brew your own even water in there is like gold I asked for some water and the girl said WHAT so I said again could I have some water please she just walk off and got half a jug from another table as I said never again not at that hotel."

• Travel date: Sun 17th of July 2005

Cant complain really

"Just returned from Kusadasi. Read reviews b4 going and was put off by them. What we found was a lovely hotel very clean beautiful pool area and plenty of beds,but not so sure what it would be like july/august for same.Food excellent, chips were cold but difficult to keep hot in buffet style serving.Entertainment was poor for adults, kids seemed to have fun though. Overall i would have no problems returning to this hotel"

• Travel date: Tue 17th of May 2005

If salad is your favourite

"If salad is your favourite yourwill love the Eohesia. Lots of variety. However, chips were always cold - I think they need to update there system for keeping food hot. The rooms were clean and comfortable though and all had a fantastic sea view. Pool and beach were both nice but you have to pay for mattresses on the beach which is only 3 foot from the garden and pool area, which I thought was a bit unfair. Staff were friendly although reception staff not so amicable. There was no courtesy room available for people with late night flights. Our pick up was at 10pm and we had to be out of our room by 12pm so not very good. The entertainment was very poor and in the Reception bar there wasn't even any music so personally I would rate this as a 3 star."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of October 2004

Hotel Ephesia - avoid at all costs

"This Hotel is sold as recently refurbished, but they forgot to add it was at the same time that Ephesus was built! The food is cold and of very poor quality, the staff become over familiar with guests, you have to watch your change - if you get it!! Bathrooms leak and the electric wires are seen. there are insufficeint sunbed, parasols and towels, and if you manage to get one, check it for bird droppings!! The hotal must have over 100 bird nests, and boy, do they make a mess - every where!

If you visit Kusadasi, which you should do to be near the fabulous site of Ephesus then stay elsewhere."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of June 2004

Excellent Hotel

"Just returned from a 7 day stay at this hotel. We stayed in the apartments, which had 2 bedrooms, which was ideal for our family. The food was excellent. The pool area was spacious and clean. There were many steps down to the beach, but you needed the exercise after eating great food every day. There were pedals at the beach which were free to us, so it was great fun to beable to go out on them every day. The staff and animation team were very friendly, but not in your face. We would recommend the the aqua park, which is in walking distance, however there is a bus service. We went to the Doplin show which was well the worth the the 10TL each, and we also got to have our picture taken with the dolphin, as well as touch it, for 30TL. "

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of October 2009

Hotel Ephesia

"Today I returned from a holiday in Kusadasi and I am eager to share my expirience, as my parents and I spent a memorable week at Hotel Ephesia.
I must say that this was the best holiday I have ever had - the accomodation was a lot more than satisfactory, the cuisine was exquisite and we were quite impressed by the excellent service.
As a guest of the hotel I could use facilities such as swimming pool, beach, sauna, fitness centre, etc. free of charge. In addition to this I could participate in the numerous activities and enjoy the amusing evening shows, organized by the entertainment team.
What created a great impression on me was the attitude of the staff. Actually people working in Hotel Ephesia are really friendly and free-hearted, which sets guests at ease. Namely that is the main reason that makes me resolved to visit the hotel again next year and to urge you to do the same."

• Travel date: Sun 13th of September 2009

Hotels near Ephesia Hotel

Stayed at Ephesia Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Ephesia Hotel

• casar by casar

"Great place for shopping "

• casar by casar

"Boat Trip and Water Park (Adaland) were great value "

• jonyw by jonyw

"You really must visit Efes and Virgin Mary's house. "

Ephesia Hotel is also called