Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA

Pamucak Beach Selçuk, Izmir, Selcuk 35340 Turkey

Sickness bug whilst at resort - lasted 8 days

Reviewed 4 months ago

"I became ill after 4-5 days at the resort with severe stomach pains / cramps which lasted 7-8 days with diarrhoea.

My brother contracted the bug a few days later (day before travelling home) which meant he had to pay 250 Euros at hospital for pills and be put on a drip. To be fair to the staff at the resort they did take him (40 mins away) wait and bring back... twice!
His wife got the bug the next day (day we flew home) - non of the kids got sick so can only assume it was from poorly prepared salad or fruit (as they didn't really touch those).
The cutlery and plates weren't always cleaned properly and the standard of cleaning around the pools & toilets was below par.

No room service, charged for mini-bar, bed & sofa beds really old and not very comfortable and air-con was a joke almost everywhere. Although the staff were friendly, this is not a 5 star resort... 3 at best."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of August 2018

Hell holiday for as

Reviewed Thu 26th of May 2016

"At first the travel agent told when we book this holiday only 55 minutes bus transfer from airport to hotel with morning fly time but just before holiday they changed our fly time to late afternoon as they did offered as to change the holiday but they did not have anything in that time in that price we already payed for so we end up going and that was the bad moves we land in airport got to bus it was after midnight and we realized that the transfer will take 2 and half hours to get to hotel finely was after 2am when we get to ours rooms.there was no food for late arrival as same no food on boardroom airport for sale in shops !!! No restaurants no snack bar!!! Next day morning we got for breakfast late it was 10am the buffet food disgusting !!! No toast bread no fresh fruit no cornflakes no children side buffet just all done for adult outside buffet so so limited again no fresh fruits only spicy pizza chips for pigs roasted chicken and chicken kebab on one side buffet and other side there was burger hot dog and chips like there you go that's your food! Ice cream only inside hotel buffet for lunch time only and when is all gone it's gone pasta spicy tomatoes pure disgusting watered down and no taste it was so hard with my two children age 2 and 4 and for my partner as well he did not eat anything for two days just chips and ketchup as there was no beef no chicken or pork or other meat there are restaurants which you need to prebook 24hours before but you got to pay for it unless if you been before you get it free !!! Everything else you got pay for WiFi €2 a day with on bar service on your phone free WiFi only near Irish bar or next reception, the day before leaving my older daughter got sick she been vomiting that time we realized that reception service very very poor as I could not get through the to them after 5min someone pick up the phone they could not understand me !!!! My daughter been sick all over her bed they finely come it was late night as I show her the bed that she been sick and give her bedding as I needed new bedding she just takes it and say to me good but I thought she not series's partner say no she will come back to put new bedding but nobody come and when I tried to call reception nobody picked up!!!! The towers room so scruffy!!! Bathroom clean disgusting !! Room clean disgusting !!! Windows door Windows dirty finger prints everywhere !!!! We had room down stairs next to glass corridor near lift outside our room door we had flying ants everywhere coming to ours room !!!! Ones there was loads death ones on the floor for two days!!!! We hired buggies for one day service lady moody unfriendly and on the end as we not relieved it my daughter arm her self as she got trapped her finger under pram handle absolutely unsafe!!!!! Swimming pool water freezing !!! Beach and sea dirty and smelly!!! Staff unfriendly young not trained and not understand English !!! Hotel room cleaners poor !!! Room minibar horrible !! They come to our room at 10am as we been in my little one been not feeling well we have to check out by 12 they knocked on door and in to seconds they just opened they self door could not believe that!!! And on end they was going to charge me for something I did not take !!! Plus the staff after counting thinks in minibar locked the fridge!!! There was no activities for kids to go to !!! We lost a day ours holiday as our fly time was after 6pm but we set off 4 and half hours before we got back home around midnight absolutely exhausted!!! And my little one still been filling sick and it's now 3days we been back home !!! This holiday was hell for as we been saving over year to go for holiday but not like this holiday !!! "

• Travel date: Sun 15th of May 2016

aqua fantasy

Reviewed Tue 22nd of July 2014

"The best holiday Ive ever had staff were great entertainment was fantastic cannot fault it.
The staff were excellent plenty to do for kids and adults alike.
Rooms/accommodation was clean and tidy everyday 24 hour bar also free food was great plenty of choice overall you don't need any money unless you want to go into town but we found that the complex was cheaper than markets.
Will be going again next year there was 12 of us and we all found it to be great value for money please try it you will not be disappointed .

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of July 2014

Fab holiday

Reviewed Mon 9th of September 2013

"We went to this hotel in July for the 2nd time me my partner and 12 year old.

Rooms: We had a family room over looking the adult pool, room was large and very clean.

Food: The food was very good in my opinion even for a fussy 12 year old!!. I don't eat meat but still found plenty to eat, also the staff work very hard in the restaurant. We went to the Chinese for the AL A Cart and the food and service was great.

Entertainment : Some of the night time shows wasn't so good but that made no difference to our holiday, There are several bars in the hotel, the beech bar being the more lively and the sunset there is amazing!!.

Hotel staff :Apart from the staff at the beech bar who could be quite grumpy we found all the staff to be lovely, especially the girls who work in the adult only pool bar, I think that I should also mention the gardening staff who work all day in 90 degree temps as the gardens at the hotel look beautiful.

Over all we had a great holiday, my partner and his son went to the aqua park every day, I know you have to buy drinks there but there is a hotel bar a stones throw away which you can pop into.

My partner managed to get 2nd degree sun burn on his legs the first day!! so we had to go to the on site Doctor, who was great, within 3 hours my partner had seen the Doctor been picked up and taken to the hospital to be put on a drip for an hour and brought back to the hotel, the even sorted out the insurance. But be warned if we had not had insurance this would have cost us in access of £600 for the treatment.

The only down side for me and this is not the hotel's fault was that we arrived in Bod rem airport at 11pm and had to wait 40 minutes on a bus (which was so hot as they didn't switch the air con on) for a couple of people coming in on the next flight, we then had a 2 1/2 hour transfer. There is an airport nearer to the hotel but I don't think First choice use it!!.

All in all though fab holiday and would return in a heart beat."

• Travel date: Mon 9th of September 2013

Not a 5 star Hotel

Reviewed Tue 3rd of September 2013

"Yes, do believe the negative reviews. If anything watch out for reviews that tell you to ignore other people's experience.

Here are my observations that have not been mentioned so far:
1) You are likely taken good care of if you book through tour operators /travel agents in England, Norway, and Holland that provide access to on-site staff that pamper their clients. Of course, you will pay through your nose for service that practically shield you from "ordinary" hotel guests. On-site agents arrange (3x overpriced) excursions for their guests and entertain their children.
2) Unfortunately for others, the established groups practically dominate the hotel particularly with respect to children activities. The week is split up between the 3 groups that get to occupy the stage for children's activities and provide programs mainly in their language and very little English.
3) Other children are discriminated against (there are literally locked gates on site!) when the established groups have planned activities together. The problem is that all activities are advertised in the daily hotel flyer. You can imagine the look on the face of my niece when she heard that she cannot play the games because she was not "registered."
4) All hotels in the area have great beaches. Find and read the negative reviews before you book."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of September 2013

Fab Holday

Reviewed Thu 11th of April 2013

"By far the best holiday we have been on we are off as a group of 15 in 4 weeks time cannot wait to get there the only downside is do not book for just a week you will be sad to leave !!! Water park fab food fab hotel clean staff friendly market on site twice a week :-)"

• Travel date: Sun 7th of April 2013

aqua fantastic

Reviewed Tue 12th of February 2013

"this is agreat hotel for families amazing lots to do waterpark on site to use when ever u want .this is avery clean hotel food brill entertainment brill own beach 3 allinclusive restraunts 6 outdoor pools indoor pool ten pin bowling lots of water sports the list is endless when u get there u get asplash card which is also ur key it has 300 tlira on it to use instead of carrying ur cash u ca use in ten tin bowling etc.the re is mini bar in room can be quite expensive but sure we are on hols.u must go here im goibn july this is r 3rd time never get bored."

• Travel date: Mon 11th of February 2013

watch what you eat!!!!

Reviewed Mon 30th of July 2012

"i stayed there last your with my husband and 4 children,the place was fab,was really impressed but my sister who is a travel agent told me to be really careful with the food.my family ate whatever they wanted and i was the one in agony on nite 3..i thought i was dying...it lasted for about 2 days with the 1st 10 hours the worst.im not saying not to go but just watch what you eat.it ruined the rest of my holiday.the only up side is that it was me and not one of my children got sick."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of July 2012

Just returned from Aqua Fantasy and had the most brilliant time,

Reviewed Thu 26th of July 2012

"Just returned from Aqua Fantasy and had a brilliant time. There really is something for everybody. We took my partners son age 11 years who enjoyed every minute, the aqua park was his favourate and the jeep safari, it is best to go around 10.30 in the morning when it's not so busy, at the weekends it can be very busy. There was always a good choice at mealtimes so i can not understand how people can complain!. The rooms were always clean with freash towels and clean bedding. The staff were polite, i have heard people saying that there English was poor but what do you expect when you are on holiday in Turkey, but they do try and they all work so hard. The bars at night are varied with the beech bar being the more lively, but you can go to the main bar if you want a quiet night. If you want to get away from it all the adult pool is great (they do not allow under 18 yrs in there so it is so relaxing ). The one thing i would not advise is going on the lazy day boat trip, all they do is cram too many people on to make more money and there really was no where for us to sit!! so the day wes not really enjoyable at all!.The only other complaint ( this is not about the hotel) but with the holiday makers is that they either put the towels on the sunbeds at night or get up at 6 in the morning to do this and half the time they don't use the sun beds!. All in all a brilliant holiday and we will be booking for 2 weeks next time."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of July 2012

Worth every penny!!!

Reviewed Wed 30th of May 2012

"Just returned after seven nights, departed on 19th of May. It was a fabulous holiday, only sorry that we didn't go for two weeks. Food was delicious, lots of variety at all meal times. Pearl snack bar for later lunches was great, everywhere is spotlessly clean and hotel staff couldn't be more accommodating. Pools are all top quality and the on site water park is one of the best ive been to, great for kids from about 6 to teens and lots of fun for adults too. Location of hotel is fabulous, about 15 mins into Kusadassi Town. Only slight criticism was the behaviour of a few English families who insisted on getting their money's worth at all times ie. 24 hour bar, then behaved like noisy yobs whilst going back to their hotel rooms. Not fault of hotel though, and it always seems to be a Brit thing!!! Lots of nationalities in hotel but never saw anyone other than a few English/ Scottish chavs behaving this way."

• Travel date: Wed 30th of May 2012

GLORIFIED BUTLINS

Reviewed Thu 17th of May 2012

"This wasn't cracked up to all it was supposed to be! all inclusive????
As my title suggests it is nothing more then a glorified Butlins.
4 adults 3 children put in 2 rooms miles apart from each other ( we complained and got moved 2 doors away from one another) like first choice had told us when we booked in the first place. 2 family rooms that were ok. Stained carpets and not as clean as others seem to be making out.
The maids idea of room service/cleaning ( don't forget to put your sign on the door) they just throw your duvet back over the bed and re do the pillows! they never hoovered or cleaned down sides etc........ And their idea of replacing used tea cups etc is rinsing them out in the bathroom sink and putting them back ( my friend witnessed this) they never replace tea bags/ sugar etc so had to ourselves.
Food was ok was pretty much the same thing every day and got boring and mundane by end of the week
It rained for 3 days and hotel didn't know how to cope. Kids bored nothing to do unless you robbed a bank for the games machines, pool tables, bowling etc. Buckets catching drips and mops everywhere. Indoor pool was mobbed as you would expect.
Outdoor pools were all freezing in hotel and aqua park. Be prepared to have your bag searched when entering the aqua park. No food or drink permitted. And if you want anything you have to pay for it. ( drinks ice-cream etc) all inclusive apparently???????
Ice-cream in hotel is available only between 12.30 and 2.30 and after those times you had to pay (all inclusive???? Really??)
The mini bar in the room was so expensive like the hotel shops- you'd need a second mortgage!!!
Nighttime entertainment was PANTS. especially when it was raining.
Children did enjoy riding the ponies around the hotel and on the beach which we had to pay for
Market on Wednesday was heaving and full of smelly Turks shouting out "CHEAPER THEN PRIMARK" so if you like the fake designer stuff and a bit of haggling you'll be in heaven here!! 35lira taxi ride to the Market and the same back! Their roads are bad!!!! Make our English ones look like the grand prix tracks!!
Anyway back to hotel. We had late room checkout at 6pm and the maids were all outside banging on the door at 6.59 pm. They are rude. The wi-fi didn't work in our part of hotel so had to use my iPad in the lobby.
Kids seem to enjoy it but on the whole it was ok and what you make of it I guess but the weather was crap and it all just didn't live upto what everyone else seems to be saying . Crap weather, crap transfers and flight times 4am
The beach seemed dirty but kids enjoyed making sand castles. Sea water was warmer then the freezing cold swimming pools.
NEVER AGAIN WILL I COME HERE. GLORIFIED BUTLINS And it's not all inclusive "

• Travel date: Fri 28th of October 2011

A GREAT FAMILY HOLIDAY

Reviewed Mon 17th of October 2011

"We arrived in the early hours of the morning very quick to get to our room.We had a lovely room called the family suite .We had fresh water every day in our room the cleaniness of our room was top standard the cleaners came in every day and they were very polite and hardworking. How anyone can complain about this hotel . The food was excellent standard great variety,very spotlessly clean in both of the restaurants nothing was too much trouble for them to help you.You had breakfast from 7till 11am then lunch from 12.30 till 2.30 then you icecream from 12.30 till 2.30 then you could also have snacks for the rest of the afternoon like hamburgers hotdogs chips pizza. THen also at 4pm you had home-made waffles which were gorgeous then you had your evening meal at 7pm till 9.30 then at 12.00 you had soup as well as if you are still hungry. The entertainment was very good we all particulary liked simon sez he was very funny you had lots of things to watch in the different bars in the hotel. You also had a choice of lots of different pools you could go to a different pool nearly every day of the week. We really liked the pool bar one because the toilets were close by and the bar also for drinks for the children.They had lots of things going on there as well KIDS club was great my son who is aged 7years old went to it a few times. The market place was very good my son stayed in the kids club all day when we went there with my daughter who is aged 10 . Both of my children thought the holiday was fantastic. The aquafantasy water park was great there was only one ride that the kids couldnt go on because of the weight but there was so many other slides to go on that it didnt bother them.IF you are thinking of going to this place then i would definitely recommend it it has everything you want and more in a holiday we hardly spent any money. WE just bought some clothes football kits for my son which are so cheap you cant tell that they are copies. I hope this review will help you in deciding to go here. Also while we there we won a free holiday in the draw for next year we cant wait to go back."

• Travel date: Mon 17th of October 2011

Hotels near Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA

Stayed at Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA

• James H by James H

"Don't go if you think this will be a 5 star experience... I have stayed and 3 and 4 star resorts with better facilities and services. "

• Standley by Standley

"Adaland - swimming with dolphins, underwater with the sharks. Aqua Fantasy Waterpark is excellent. "

• Mona C by Mona C

"be very carefull what you eat "

• buckley007 by buckley007

"Visit Ladies Beach Potofino Bar was great "

• freshair by freshair

"Dont be put off by bad reviews it was good looking forward to going back "

• Miss T Clarke by Miss T Clarke

"The main restaurant in the street. "

• tommy22 by tommy22

"Go for 2 weeks, book at beginning of holiday for the alacarte restaurant as they do get booked up. "

• rebus by rebus

"If you want to queue for everything in the restaurant and like tasteless food this is for you "

• poppyo98 by poppyo98

"Turkish people are very nice but money mad "

• Tracy B by Tracy B

"We had a full body massage at the spa which was amazing "

• The corbs family by The corbs family

"just to go there and relax with your children and you will enjoy a fantastic holiday "

• minnie 10 by minnie 10

"Excellent worth every penny "

• masaunders by masaunders

"try everything you can "

• JLS_Vikki by JLS_Vikki

"Go to Adaland and visit the local towns :) x "

• katiekitten111 by katiekitten111

"loved oasis restarant dolphin park fun 2 "

• david by david

"its a great place !!!!!!! "

• mum of  3 by mum of 3

"aqbsolutely brilliant and we will definately go back. "

• Kirsten!x by Kirsten!x

"One of the most beautiful places i have ever been to. Kusadasi is a must go. "

• Kirsten!x by Kirsten!x

"Definately get a turkish bath and go to the markets. "

• mat by mat

"go and enjoy, kids will love it "

Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA is also called