Anzac Golden Bed Pension

Camiatik Mah. Ugurlu Sok. No.1 Cikmazi 4, Kusadasi 09400 Turkey

Good

Just what the doctor ordered!

"Wow, a real haven in the busy coastal town. We truly fell on our feet in this wonderful place.. highly recommended!

An amazing relaxed pension overlooking Kusdasi, a real oasis in the busy little 'village' The thai styled roof terrace that offers possibly the finest view of Kusdasi by night lends to both a veritable boho styled bar with music and a BBQ if requested! Man, these guys have thought of everything, there is facilities to make your own food as well.
Suprisingly this is a well contained, clean and simple pension. It feels homely and friendly. The couple that own the place are more tha helpful and make you feel like one of the family. They booked us tours, a motorbike, offered great advice about surrounding areas and have good contacts with the best eateries in the village. Avlu is a must for real good honest food at a price unbeaten by any other place in the area!

Sandra and Yusef were a vey cool couple, sandra a cool chick from Aus with a great energy about her and Yusef, a laid back Harley riding mountain who is very easy to talk will aid you in making the most out of being in Kusdasi. Thanks again for all the help (and the whiskey big man!)

Anyway all this means that if you want a pension that you know will encouter zero difficulties and allow you to really engage with the area, Golden bed rocks your world without breaking the bank!!

James and Anushka"

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of June 2008

The hotel was marvellous

"This is an excellent hotel with excellent facilities. A hotel with real character. It is close to all the places of interest in central Kusadasi. Everything is within reasonable walking distance. We didn't take the Dolmus or use the Taxi, because everything was so central. Strongly recommend this hotel and the price with hostelworld was excellent value for a hotel of this quality and standard"

• Travel date: Sun 30th of December 2007

Best B&B in Kushadasi, maybe even the Turkish Riviera

"Best damn B&B in Kushadasi. When visiting this important city on the Turkish Riviera, I cannot imagine anywhere else an English speaking person would want to stay. High on the slopes of Kushadasi, the Goldenbed offers beautiful views of the Mediterranean both from your bedroom and from the rooftop terrace, where the proprietors, Sandra and Yusef, serve up a complimentary Mediterranean breakfast each morning. The green olives are cured by Sandra herself, aged carefully in barrels in the pension's cool basement.

From Sandra, an Australian, you can also pick up all the current Aussieisms for addition to your vocabulary, such as "Bonza!" , "Barbie," and "Sheila." In return, I gave her a few Americanisms, such as "[--]!" (that's one word) and "Fahgetaboutit!" (also one word).

Yusef, Sandra's husband, may be the best concierge on the Turkish coast. He knows every restaurant and carpet dealer that won't rip you off. If you need to schedule a train, bus, or ferry ride, he can take care of it for you and will even give you a lift on his motorcycle if you need transportation. He will also set up a rental car so you can see some of the most historic cities of the ancient world located nearby, name Ephesus, Priene, Miletus, and Didyma.

The Goldenbed experience is related in the book, "The Seventh Wonder," which you can pick up on Amazon.com. One problem with Kushadasi is that the streets are twisty and mazelike, so bring along a handheld GPS and use the following coordinates to find the place: N 37 51.494, E 27 15.393 and you should have no problem finding it right away."

• Travel date: Tue 18th of September 2007

Nice and homley atmosphere

"This place was great! The staff were really helpfull and nice offering lots of info when you arrive and very eagr to help and answer questions. A great place for a relaxing beach holiday without the expense.And the rooms was clean and homely and bright. The best part was the location though, it wsa in the center of town within walking distance to everything, shops, food, port, buses etc. Gerat place to stay, totally recommend it.
100%"

• Travel date: Sun 5th of August 2007

I Love the Golden Bed!!!

"I found the Anzac Golden Bed Pension to be a wonderfully welcoming place to stay while on our journey to Turkey this summer. My travel companions and I were made to feel quite at home in fact, only better because we didn't have to worry about a single thing and that is what vacation is all about. That first night - after Levant greeted us at the airport and Yusuf welcomed us at the door, while Rumalah offered us refreshing drinks and Sandra showed us to our beds - we went to sleep knowing this was going to be a great trip! I cannot say enough about the Golden Bed - the great location, the tastefully decorated rooms (I loved the curtains and blankets!), the hot showers, the lovely lady who supplied the fresh towels and did our laundry, the beautiful terrace with the wonderful view, the scrumptious breakfast (eggs, fresh fruit, cucumbers, tomatoes, bread, jam, tea, olives and my friend's olives!), the icey cold drinks, the internet (which I personally avoided until it was absolutely necessary to confirm our hotel in Istanbul), the tickets to Samos which we could get right there, the helpful advice when the Ephesus tour company we'd booked previous to our arrival didn't show up, the guided trip to Sirinci and Selcuk, the restaurant recommendations, the beach advice, the bbq dinner on the terrace (which Sandra and Yusuf cooked up for us even though Sandra had only just had a cast removed from her hand and looked still to be in some pain, thanks!), the awesome belly dancer, the conversation, the smiling faces, the ready service without a single complaint or sideways glance - you cannot find that kind of hospitality just anywhere. It really was nice to come home to the Golden Bed after a long day's touring, beaching or shopping. We stayed a week... I wish it could have been longer. I would highly recommend this place to all of my friends and family and others looking for the best place to stay. I hope to see all of the wonderful people of the Golden Bed again very soon."

Amazing stay in Kusadasi

"I truly enjoyed my stay in Kusadasi, and it was made all the better by the hospitality found at the Anzac Golden Bed. By the end of our week-long stay, it felt like a home. It was comfortable, cozy and the people were all friendly. The owners made it especially enjoyable with their willingness to help and make their guests feel comfortable. I loved the room, especially the balcony with the incredible view of the town. I used it often. I also loved the rooftop terrace. It was perfect for a nice chat after a long day or for reading in a quiet, peaceful environment. And the food was delicious. I would go back in a heartbeat."

Wonderful Home away from home

"My friend booked our stay in this little wonderful Pension. The owners and staff went out of their way to make our stay with them very memorable. It was a pleasure to meet them and they genuine took an interest in where we were going and gave us great advice on places to see while we were in Kusadasi. They had a barbeque and Belly Dancer that was lots of fun and a great time to meet other guests. The cost was very reasonable and the food was great. The Belly Dancer was very memorable. The accommodations were excellent and the location was very near every where we wanted to see and the view from the Terrace was great. After a long hot day of walking, my favorite place to be was the Terrance to take in the wonderful view. My whole stay in the Anzac Golden Bed Pension will be one that I will treasure all of my life."

• Travel date: Tue 31st of July 2007

Truly a home away from home

"On my April trip to Turkey I spent my last few days in Kusadasi and was fortunate enough to find a room at the Golden Bed Pension. Not only was it a treat to find an English speaker, Sandra, but her warmth and hospitality made me feel welcome immediately. The hotel is immaculate and my 3rd floor room was bright and cheery. Breakfast is served on the beautiful open-air roofop terrace with panoramic views of the city and harbor area. I looked forward to returning "home" after a hard day of sight-seeing and flopping down on one of the couches on the terrace to read and relax. Sandra and Yusuf were so helpful with everything including arranging trips to Ephesus, ferry to Samos, recommending restaurants, laundry, email, etc. And do not miss lunch at the crepe restaurant in Celcuk! That experience was one of the highlights of my entire trip. You'll have to get the name from them."

• Travel date: Sun 6th of May 2007

Home away from home

"My husband and I were staying in Goreme and asked our Guide to connect us with a pension in Kusadasi. He contacted the Anzac_Golden Bed and we spoke to Sandra Demirpolat. She and her husband Yusef are the owners. She booked a room for us and reimbursed us for taxi fare from the bus stop in town.
When we arrived, our room was ready and very comfy. We had a balcony that looked out over the roofs of town to the Aegean. The pension was very clean and homey.
Folks were lounging in the lobby or on the terrace bar where we were taken for a welcoming drink and breakfast. Breakfast consisted of fresh fruits, bread and cheeses with tea or coffee. The terrace has wonderful views of the town and surrounding hills and sea.
Sandra and Yusef helped us schedule several trips to sights in the area. We were also within walking distance of downtown and Pigeon Island. They recommended several restaurants and shops to check out. We felt very comfortable there.
We thoroughly enjoyed Golden Bed and highly recommend it. Pleasant place and super people.. can't wait to go again!!!"

• Travel date: Sat 28th of April 2007

Wonderfully friendly, helpful hosts!

"When my travelling buddy, Randy, and I arrived at our pension in Kusadasi, we were met at the taxi by our friendly host, Yusef, who speaks perfect English. His cheerful Australian wife, Sandra, soon joined us to show us to our room and the amenities of the house such as the TV lounge, the computer room, the kitchen where one could always make a cup of tea or coffee and the rooftop terrace where the usual Turkish breakfast was served each morning. The view of the harbour a few blocks distant was very pleasant!
Our room was very comfortable with plenty of hot water all day. It was also quiet and this was important to us as we tended to go to bed quite early after long days of sightseeing.
Sandra and Yusuf were incredibly helpful in suggesting local sights and arranging transportation for us each day. They also suggested a short trip to the Greek isle of Samos which is within view from the terrace. We took that suggestion and were even able to purchase our boat tickets from them. We left most of our luggage at the pension and spent a wonderful 2 days on Samos before we returned again for one final night in Kusadasi.
We were very sad to leave Sandra and Yusuf who had by now begun to feel like old friends. Of all the pensions we visited during our month stay in Turkey, this one stands out as one of the best with certainly the most friendly and helpful of hosts!"

• Travel date: Wed 25th of April 2007

Hotels near Anzac Golden Bed Pension

Stayed at Anzac Golden Bed Pension? Share your insight.

Anzac Golden Bed Pension is also called