smartline Greenwood

Cumhuriyet Mh. Kiziltepe Mevkii, Goynuk, Kemer 07994 Turkey

Good

Fine, but you get what you pay for.

"My boyfriend and I stayed here in June 09 and were looking for a cheap holiday as we are both students. The hotel is fine - nowhere near as bad as a lot of people seem to make it out to be. The staff speak very little english, even at reception, but enough that you can still order drinks etc. The rooms need updating, especially as the air con barely works but other than that they're comfortable enough. Don't expect the maid to come unless you're out of your room before 9 every morning. The food is pretty aweful- at first it seems ok but it all tastes pretty similar and there's not much variety from one night to the next. There's also a BIG problem with flies in the snack bar and the staff don't seem that bothered about trying to keep them away from the food, so I didn't eat in there more than once.
The pool area is very nice and the hotel is set in a nice environment right next to the mountains. Although you have to cross the road to get to the beach, it's only about 2 minutes away and you don't have to pay for the sun loungers like you have to on a lot of beaches. Also, there's a bar at the beach which is very handy and you can take out pedaloes for free.
I would definitely recommend the area to anyone - we went on a boat trip and for a turkish bath which were both great. The town of goynuk has a lot of shops but they all sell pretty much the same thing but if you go into kemer there's much more going on.
All in all, I would recommend the hotel to a friend, but most of my friends are students so would also be on a budget. It's a nice area so maybe consider a better hotel if you can afford it, but if not then greenwood isn't as dire as a lot of people seem to think it is."

• Travel date: Sun 28th of June 2009

you get what you pay for

"At first i was not impressed as i arrived at night. I feel that the staff need spoke very limited english, however the rooms were very clean and the resort was nice. Enjoyed the small pool at rear of hotel, very remote so you have to travel to Kemer for a touch of reality. Good for children as it is all inclusive. A little far from Antalya airport though. Would i use that hotel again, not sure. But i was happy to stay there."

• Travel date: Thu 25th of June 2009

Was worried about going but had a good time in the end

"Well...........I was very worried about going to this hotel after reading the reviews and did contemplate changing to another hotel. It was a girls holiday and only for a week so we decided to go ahead and make the best!

On arrival in the very early hours, we were very tired and were looking forward to a couple of hours sleep before hitting the pool. There were two people on reception and they were pleasant but spoke little english. The first room we went to was a twin as requested but as I went out onto the balcony to check the view I was met by a wall of trees!!!!!!!........don't bother requesting a sea view! I wasn't happy but as I came back into the room and closed the sliding door the glass came away from the frame. The porter said "it will be ok, we will sort tomorrow" but being tired and bolshy my friend and I refused to stay in the room due to security issues.

We were told there was not another room, however after standing our ground they found us a family room, the only problem here was the bed settee was broken. We complained again and were told they would find us another room the next day, which they did and that was perfectly fine.

Cleanliness is ok, bathrooms ok, the place generally needs updating really but is acceptable but not 4* or 5* as stipulated. The fridge was empty and was never filled. No mini bar as stated either.

The food was good, plenty of choice, the desserts however were horrible, greasy and sweet. There were lovely salads, fish and meat dishes. Service was ok, not the best and if you asked the staff did help, but there is a lack of initiative from them.

The Turkish men are a bit over bearing if you are girls on your own and they are bit hands on, which really annoyed me.

Don't bother with Kemer Market as its a food market. The shops are really expensive and not much bartering goes on. The best thing to do is to blind them with science and they are glad to get rid of you from the shop with your purchases.

If you don't like cats, the hotel has loads of them, cute kittens though, but I am led to believe, that the kittens are drowned at season end, i am not sure if this is true, but it is what i was told, so it made me a bit unhappy.

There are a lot of Eastern Europeans there, who seem to have lost the muscle that enables them to smile and also the ability to say please and thank you. Annoying, however we made friends with a dutch couple. I think it's a case of you speaking first.

The entertainment was poor,,,,,,,very poor.
The drinks were ok, wine nasty though - no cocktails
Service was good at times
Food good although not at breakfast
Beach ok
Pool area fantastic, plenty of sun beds, towels clean and changed daily.

Take euros to spend.

After a dodgy start, My friend and i did enjoy ourselves and I would go back to Turkey, when I have run out of other places to go.

hope this helps anyone going.

PS ONUR Air if you are flying with them prepare to be cramped!"

• Travel date: Sat 1st of November 2008

Not recommended ..........

"Arrived in the early hours of the morning and the booking in was VERY slow only one member of staff to book in about 20 people , we had 5 under 5's in our party and all we wanted was our beds !! We had cots booked for the babies which on arrival were not in our rooms ......... we had to ask several times for them and they finally arrived the next day. Family rooms good clean and spacious , two balcony's could do with more wardrobe / draw space for clothing.Mini bar stocked with water on arrival ( no beer as stated on website) but you had to ask for more water if needed as they did not re-fill of their own accord. Rooms cleaned daily .Family rooms on 4th floor in the main hotel right above the lobby which could be at times rather noisy at night and we had many a time when the lifts were not working and had to carry pushchair and baby etc up the 4 flights of stairs!!
Our stay was at the very begining of the summer season so it seemed rather quiet, for the first week the evening entertainment was really bad , got slightly better the 2nd week but still poor. Kids club is dire , the kids club didn't even open till our 2nd week when the entertainers arrived and then the club consisted of pens and paper for drawing - the entertainers could not even speak any english -we had two days of rain and were begging for something to do with the kids - they finally got the message after the kids caused havoc in the lobby one afternoon!!
Food: very repetative , kebab type meat stuff in various different shapes served at every single meal times.......there was some variety but you had to be really quick to get a look in and we were horrified the first few days at everyone acting like vulchers at mealtimes but soon realised that this was the only way to get a look in ( you had to get your deserts before sitting down if you wanted one as the Germans and russians have a very sweet tooth) resturant was always clean and tidy the waiters very friendly always offering to help with the children- although had a habit of clearing away food while you were still tring to eat ! The A La carte only has 25 seats and only open 2 nights a week so you stand little chance of ever getting a table.
Bars : sevice slow often only one person serving so long queues formed , beer ran out a few times during our stay which did't go down well - cocktails very hard to get hold of ......... and most discusting of all we had watered down vodka !!!
Pools: Towels provided Clean and tidy plenty of sunbeds athough as usual most were 'reserved' in the early am ......Slides were on 1100 - 1300 and 1500 - 1700 although we found ourselves having to ask for them to be put on as the entertainers kept forgetting , which was a shame as the kids really loved them. Kids pool at the back of the hotel was fab again clean and tidy.
Beach: Short walk across a busy main road. shingle not real sand , but kept clean and tidy , has bar and serves lunch but gets busy....free boats and pedalos .
weather: begining of May cool temp, rain and cloudy to start , behind hotel are some mountains which cloud hung over in the morning which almost always made its way over to us every afternoon ......
All in all not the best place we have stayed in definatly not a 4 star hotel - although cheap I would recommend paying the extra for somewhere else. A holiday is what you make it and while there are plenty of people which would let all the niggly points ruin their holiday ....... we did actually have a good time in our group. if you are willing enough to complain and continously ask then you do get things in the end."

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of September 2008

Not Recomanded

"Stayng in this hotel was one bed experiance in the hole life.A/C is not working when you need it.(from 06am-08am;11:30am-15:00pm;19pm-02am).Food is not good quality and MEAT???where you can find it(quiz question),only bed quality fish,nothing else.Rooms are cleaning every day if you know speak turkish language.Sliders are working several hours on the day,and your holiday should be runaway to catch things.Animation team is not qualified well."

• Travel date: Fri 11th of July 2008

Book five star instead!

"On arrival at this hotel after a long journey there was not much of a friendly welcome, no welcome drink, flannel or even a smile, one member of staff dealing with about 20 people and really, really slow booking you into your room (after a long journey this is the last thing you want but not really the fault of the one member of staff left to deal with this).
Room clean, quite adequate, which is a bonus because brochures and websites don’t always show an accurate portrayal. Mini bar was only filled on arrival with bottled water after that it wasn’t filled again.
Having stayed at this hotel for a week with friends, at the end of May 2008 I can only say that if you think you are getting four star accommodation think again, at a push and I mean a big push it is probably three stars. The reason for this is, the food is very very poor, meatballs and flatbread every single lunch and dinner and this is not an exaggeration, the smell of them by the end of seven days made me want to vomit. Okay there was other items on the menu but the food was extremely poor, not very well presented and say for instance if there was a stew on there was hardly any meat in it and you had to be quick to grab any as they seemed to run out, and don’t think I am one of the fish and chip brigade I will eat anything up to a point. The restaurant was untidy, the tables still had crumbs on at breakfast from the night before, disgusting, in that heat and anyway who wants to sit in someone else's mess (not me), there seemed to be a need at every mealtime to ask for cutlery and no waiter service you had to fetch your own drinks at all times in this hotel. In addition, beware if you think you are getting bottled water from the dispensers dotted around the hotel, we witnessed the waiters filling them up from the taps behind the bar at the pool.

The bar at the pool, while most of the waiters were really friendly the odd one or two would not serve you a cocktail at a certain time but others would, but that is only a small gripe. You are served all your drinks at this bar in plastic cups which is fair enough as it is near the pool but the cups you are served with are the really cheap ones which don’t sit right on a table (if you go to this hotel you will see what I mean).

On the first day, we decided to sunbathe by the larger pool. IMPOSSIBLE. The constant noise from the entertainment drove us mad; now don’t get me wrong I don’t mind music but THAT LOUD. TONE IT DOWN. However, we did manage to escape to the kiddie’s pool where it was a much more enjoyable experience even with kids screaming and there is always the beach.

Overall I would say that the hotel is in a nice area but only a three star, not a lot of Brit's which for some is a plus point, loud music, poor food, and infantile entertainment. Pay the extra and book five star believe me its worth it."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of June 2008

think before you book!

Good

"let me start with the resort. The hotel is situated in goynuk about 7km from Kemer, it's a developing resort with some new and impressive hotels being built. The views are stunning, beach one side, beautiful forrests and mountains the other. The beach is sand and shingle, you will need protective footwear for the sea as the shingle realy hurts! The taxis are quite expensive into Kemer so barter if your going into Kemer don't pay any more than 15 lira or use the buses 2.5 lira.

Now let me turn to the hotel. It's situated about 300 metres from the beach seperated by beach front hotels and a quite busy road. The hotel itself is lovely, four storey with several annex buildings around it which are situated in lovely gardens. The pool is excellent, probably one of the best i've ever had. it's quite deep about 1.8 meters throughout, with childs section and jacuzie and good sldes. At the back of the hotel there's a seperate childs pool with slides in a childrens area where the mini club is. There's is a snack bar outside which serves drinks and snacks throughout the day. The main hotel has an impressive lobby with shops, lifts and restaurant off it. The rooms were very comfortable. We had a family room which was situated on the top floor. They have a seperate bedroom for parents with there own balcony and the kids had a sofa bed and z bed so we got all three children in comfortably and they had there own balcony as well and each room had there own tv. there is a fridge which despite what the sign says it is free to the brits.

now let me turn to the food. Food is alway subjective. If you have an educated pallet then you have a massive choice of salids and a large choice of hot food. But the turks cook their food their way and that often means stews. There is always meat and veg dishes and in general it is hot but it may seem repetative. One bit of advice get your puddings first I'll explain later.

After all this positive feedback your probably feeling confident but there are buts, quit considerable buts!
The restaurant lets the hotel down badly in its service. It's instantly noticeable that it is poorely managed. When you walk in your greeted with dozens of empty tables full of dirty plates and if the plates have been cleared the tables are often dirty and have not been reset. If you try to do it yourself you will struggle to find knives and forks your constantly scouring other tables to rob them of their cuttlery.At one breakfast there was not a single clean plate in the restaurant and they were constantly running out of bowls it realy did get very wearing eventualy my wife snapped and we had a very "informative " conversation with the resturaunt manager.

Finally my biggest "but" and what i'm about to describe has to be taken in the way it is meant that is to inform you of what to expect and it is a general impression given because it goes without saying that not all are like this. The hotel is occupied 80% by Russians. Because of their lack of socialising skills bearing in mind that they have only been able to travel relatively recently they come accross in a very antisocial manner which the british find very difficult to deal with. They use no manners when dealing with staff they mearly say "beer" or "vodka" and then walk off. This has a very negative affect on the staff. The turks are a lovely people but when your been grunted at all day with hardly a smile then the staff become very unresponsive even with you when our trying to be polite and mannerly. Instead of taken a slice of cake they will take a platefull leaving very little left for other guests and unfortunately as was witnessed at first hand they are quite aggressive! I have nothing against any race of people but when you had to live with this day in day out it had a very negative affect on our holiday.

To finish I have to say that we did enjoy our holiday, would I go back? No. Would i recommend this hotel to you? In all honesty no because there are better hotels in other parts of turkey that do not experience the negatives that we did. I hope you find this review informative and unbiased as it was intended."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of July 2007

What a disappointment !!!

"Stay 15-29th June 2007

This would be a truly wonderful hotel, were it not for the following:-
90% of the hotel was Russian occupied, 50% of these having children under 5yrs.
The restaurant was never open on time and the floor was always dirty and littered with food. Tables were not laid properly. The food was often put out up to 50 mins before opening and the quality of food was very poor.
Rooms were not cleaned properly and one day I observed it only took the cleaner approximately 2 minutes !!!
Bar service was appalling, they only had 1 beer pump for up to 1000 guests. There was usually only one person serving and the lobby bar was rarely open. The quality of 'Scotch Whisky' left a lot to be desired.
There was an insufficient amount of staff, for a hotel of this size and very few of them spoke good enough english. The management were also utterley incompetent.
A La Carte restaurant was a farce, only one item of each course was available, so everyone had to have the same meal.
If this sort of thing appeals to you, then it's the hotel for you - if not then stay well away."

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of July 2007

Really nice hotel

Good

"We stayed there beginning of may, The season hadn't quite started. being the first guests to arrive at the hotel. Hotel was very clean very friendly staff and lots of them. plenty of food served throught the day.
Evening entertainment was poor though and there wasnt much to do in the surrounding area. Did have a good night out to the open air night club paying £60 for a bottle of vodka which we was suppose to go back and drink!! Was videoed whilst dancing for some promotional Turkish tv programme!! Would have love to have seen it.
There was only bout three other english couples we met the week we stayed hello to paul and karen sorry for waking you up 1 night!!(lol)hello to the other guys too :-)
Overall yes well worth going we are hoping to go back when funds are available!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 29th of June 2007

Fantastic for kids

Good

"The hotel is excellent, the only down side is that not a lot of us brits have discovered the resort and is frequented by mainly russian holiday makers. The pools are good with water slides, however the sildes are only on for a couple of hours a day. My kids really enjoyed the sildes and would have liked them on for longer. English is spoken by only a handful of staff, but they are willing to try and make your stay as enjoyable as possible. The animation is ok, something to do all day if you want to, the mini club for the little ones is open from 10.30 til 12 then again 14.30 til 17.00 and they do a variety of activiies with the kids. At night time the mini disco was another hit with the kids and was full of english disco oldies!!!!! The evening show was tolerable but our sense of humour is not fully understood, but they do try really hard and was appreciated by my kids more than us. The food was ok, I am a fussy eater and found it hard. Breakfast consisted of salad, bread and some funny looking hot dishes. At lunch the snack bar had chips, pasta and bread along with other things whilst the main restaurant gave a wide variety of food including salad. The evening meal in the restaurant again offered a variety. The food is geared towards the eastern european taste, but as fussy as I am I didn't go hungry. The deserts are great, but get them first as the russian guests tended to take huge platefuls. Overall a good hotel."

• Travel date: Fri 29th of June 2007

WONDERFUL HOTEL

Good

"We have just arrived back from a 2 week stay at this hotel, and have to say that prior to leaving, we read these reviews and felt very dubious about going. All we can say is that IGNORE the bad reviews on this hotel, we were a party of 6 and have 2 rooms booked, one party being a family of 4 (2 adults + 2 children) and an older couple. The rooms were very clean and large. The other room had some issues and once we advised reception, they were there fixing the issues within 30 minutes, they are very efficient. The cleaners were in every day, making the beds and linen was changed every 2 days along with clean towels. The pool was very clean, the daytime entertainment was repetative, but addictive and the evening entertainment was different every day we were there! The food was lovely and alot of it, you will never go hungry (4pm there is a lady makes fresh doughnuts!!) The cat issue, the staff do not harm the cats, they are very tactile towards them and do not dissuade residence to touch them. The beach is across the road and that too is all inclusive as the hotel owns that part of the beach.

Downsides are minimal - the staff do not speak very good English as English travellers are few and far between. There are alot of Russian residents and they feel that they own the hotel and staff and are very rude and the staff allow this to our frustration. The sunbeds, although you cannot reserve these, everyone does, however, if you place your towels on a sunbed and leave them and staff notice you have not used the beds after a while, they remove your towels and allow other residence the use of your beds, so make note of this!! Also, do not take Turkish Lira, all prices are in Euro and Dollars and the Turkish are surprised then you ask for a price in Lira and convertion of money becomes confusing.

This is a lovely hotel in a lovely area and we would have no hesitation going back."

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of August 2012

perfect hotel

"perfect hotel with perfect mountain view.we loved every day in here.food is perfect.so much to choose from.beer is nice as well.the daily fresh doughnuts were fantastic!outdoor cooking.staff are very friendly.private beach not far from hotel.
everything depends how u want to have holiday.
somebody just WANT to find only bad things...
relax...
just enjoy holiday
dont be princess...i would say
for me most important 40 min from airport and 5 min to private beach.and this hotel has it.
did u come to this hotel to spend all day in room?
all u need is the sun in the sky.
have a nice holiday.this hotel is perfect.everything was perfect"

• Travel date: Sat 29th of October 2011

Hotels near smartline Greenwood

Stayed at smartline Greenwood? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for smartline Greenwood

• twiggy1952 by twiggy1952

"not as cheap as other parts of turkey. take dollars or euro not sterling "

• simandtash by simandtash

"not to go to greenwood resort "

•  twiggy by twiggy

"went to perge,aspendos and kursunlu great day out sightseeing "

• top banana by top banana

"Do not expect too much never a four star hotel "

• Shaney by Shaney

"Stay clear of this dump "

• bootsy by bootsy

"believe me, do not go "

• Newcastle mermaid by Newcastle mermaid

"Walk around, find your own space and enjoy, look out for outside cooking and you won't be disappointed "

• Lynny L by Lynny L

"Make a fuss of the staff and they will make a fuss of you - they love the English traveller. "

smartline Greenwood is also called