hotel coldiz

Reviewed Mon 30th of June 2014

"Well just got back from there were do you start food terrible I been a chef for 30 year there not any there recycled chicken turkey all served day after day veal you could sole your shoes with staff very good worked there back sides off so called boss walked about with his hunch men getting on to them all the time it was not nice to watch as those boys were so hard working this was our second time here how can a hotel go down so bad in 9 months there was no staff we know just one the guest relation maria was an angel we had a fire in the night no light no water to soak towel had to make our own way out pitch black people were coming back from fire exit could not get out so we made our way to the main hall straight in to the smoke no head count marched round to pool area were we stayed till dawn then they gave us table cloth to keep warm no doc or nurse when we did get back no how are you not to thing in our room fire alarm did not work to say the next few day there putting light up behind the sign for exit we have taken a lot of photos the fire escape i would not have got down spiral bush at the bottom been i walk with a stick we were in bed for today my husband lost a stone in weight never again.

• Travel date: Sun 29th of June 2014

Not for Western Europeans....

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"Having just returned from the Garden Resort ( holiday Aug 2008) I feel it would be remiss not to give an honest report!
5* it is definately not! Hotel and facilities 3*. Eating arrangements 2* or less!
Perhaps they had changed the staff since some of the reviews, because very few spoke any English, they were overall very un-helpful, (unless you were willing to pay for advice such as where were good places to visit) when questioned about the lack of hot water told us there were a lot of people staying so shower earlier! The temperatures were sizzling, but the internal hotel areas were poorly airconditioned, outside doors open, so there was no respite from the 40 plus temperatures! BUT by far the worst was the eating arrangements...Not enough tables to accomodate the number of guests, dinner was a 'wacky races' affair, people fighting for food, having to stand with their meal until a table became available, and in the case of Russians, actually standing eating! If you left dining 'til late the food was cold, fruit had run out..mainly due to earlier guests filling their bags with peaches, grapes etc. If you are vegetarian it is impossible to know what to eat, nothing is labelled, and when asked those poor souls were told to eat in town if they didn't like it...all this in an all inclusive hotel! McDonalds is better organised.Dressing for dinner, one of the pleasures of a holiday was a waste of time as many guests arrived in swimsuits! Russians pulled up chairs to join your table and their overflowing plates shed food all over the floor.
The animation team worked incredibly hard, Garrari Karakus and Eyup Kadir were exceptions to the unpleasant and unhelpful staff -but in a hotel which caters for 600 guests it was extremely short measure!
We spoke to many other Western Europeans, Swedes, Danish, Dutch apart from the small contingent of British, and all were of the same mind, the hotel was severely biased towards the Russians and non would return. One family were returning to take legal action against the hotel........and one of them was a Turkish national!"

• Travel date: Tue 9th of September 2008

3* in British standards

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"We stayed in this hotel for a week in August. The weather was in the 40’s throughout the week. As other people have mentioned a 5* in Turkey is probably a 3* in British standards. The hotel itself was fine, and the staff were pleasant.

The pools were clean, we spent most of our time in the lower one as it was more peaceful. The other ones had constant loud music blaring, with ‘entertainment’ poolside. I would say that it was better suited to families, as there was plenty to keep the kids entertained.

Room was clean, and of a good enough size. The balcony was tiny, but from looking at other hotels in the area, they all seemed the same. The minibar was not restocked. We got 2 bottles of water and 2 cartons of juice, and that was it.

There was a good enough selection of food available, although if we had been there for longer, I think it would have got a bit boring. I found breakfast to be a bit of a struggle some days.

The drinks were most definitely watered down. After 12am the all inclusive deal stops, and you have to pay for the drinks. We bought a round of vodkas after midnight one night, and they were much stronger than previous drinks, but it was no wonder as they cost a fortune. The local beer was good.

The evening entertainment was not our thing. There was a kid’s hour, which seemed to go on forever, and was very repetitive. Then the usual embarrassing audience participation competitions followed.

The beach was a short bus journey away, and was nice enough. We went on one of the early buses and despite that, there weren’t many loungers left. The sand was very hot for walking on, and a bit dirty looking. It was also quite a trek up the hill to the top where the snack bar was. The bus was full the first time we tried to go to the beach, but we later learned that standing in the aisle is usual practice.

We went on 2 trips while we were there (it was through youtravel). The first was a ‘shopping trip’ to Antalya. We were taken to a jewellery store called Storks, and given a quick tour around. There were a few bus loads of people going through, and most languages were spoken there. The jewellery was quite expensive, and not really to our taste. We were then taken to leather store, and were treated to a fashion show of the products. This was quite something, 5 or so models strutting their stuff for 6 of us, and judging by their expressions on their faces, they weren’t too amused. We didn’t buy anything here either. We then went on to a market, and were in barter city! I would advise a look around first, as there are a lot of stalls, and the items are mainly the same. The constant shouts to come and look does get quite annoying after a while! We also went on the Turkish night, which was a good laugh. Our bus was late, and the driver didn’t speak any English, so we weren’t quite sure what was happening, but it turned out ok.

We took a walk into Kemer one day, and its quite small. The usual souvenir shops were there. If you fancied a change from the food in the hotel, there wasn’t much choice outside from what we saw. Not much in the way of bars either.

The hotel spa offered Turkish massages throughout the day, and its certainly an experience. I’m still unsure if it was an enjoyable one!!

It was mostly Russian guests at the hotel, we didn’t hear many British accents through the week. One the whole we had a relaxing week, but the evenings weren’t particularly exciting. I would say that this hotel is mostly suitable for families, children seemed happy with the entertainment, pools and the food.

We would go back to Turkey, but not Kemer."

• Travel date: Sun 31st of August 2008

Dont go Dont go

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"we have just return from the holiday of hell.This is no way a 5 star hotel this is a 3 star hotel. The staff were not helpful they smelled of BO the food was awful we all got sick you was not allow to take food or drinks to your room.The drinks were water down the water did'nt taste right.
Were so happy to be home if any one is thinking of going to this resort please take our word for it dont go it was a nightmare......"

• Travel date: Fri 29th of August 2008

Arrived at the hotel after a horrendeous...

Reviewed Wed 30th of July 2008

"Arrived at the hotel after a horrendeous transfer, which Global Late Deals sell to you as 40 minutes - THIS IS WRONG - it is at least 1 hour and 20 minutes.

If your transfer company is 'Yesil Dalyan' also worry, because our first mini bus blew up by the side of a dual carriageway with no hard shoulder. my brother had to play traffic warden and divert the crazy speeding traffic away whilst we waited to be rescued by a second mini bus driven by some crazy maniac who obviously had a split personality with Michael Schumacher....!! Once at the Garden Resort Hotel (down a side road), the staff on reception speak hardly any English as the WHOLE RESORT is geared up to the Russian market!

This is NOT and i repeat NOT a 5 star hotel, regardless of what your holiday company tells you. The 1 restaurant (not several as advertised) has a huge problem with flies and you literally sweat your face off at your tables whilst eating because ventilation and air conditioning is so inadequate.

If you are English like we were (9 of us in our party) and fancy a proper cooked breakfast, FORGET IT, cos they dont do it, only bread and cheese and cereal etc. If you ask for bacon, an omlette or a fried egg, YOU WONT GET IT, they just will not do it for you and just say 'No'...Like i say, DEFINATELY NOT 5 star!

The food at lunch time and evenings is okay, very same-ish but the main off-putting thing as mentioned above is the constant flies landing on all the food and the general unbearable heat without proper air conditioning.

The decor of the hotel is poor, there is wallpaper hanging off the walls and 'patched up' around the lift calling switches - looks cheap and nasty.

The bathroom is dated and in need of refurbishment as the plastic (not wood) door frames are hanging off the walls.

There is no stocked or re-stocked mini bar in the room, the beds are small and the third bed isnt really a bed at all, its just a bench under the window with a 'slither' of foam as a mattress.

Other 5 star hotels i have stayed in have always given me a free re-stocked daily mini bar, constant air conditioning and free room service day or night. They have always been able to cook whatever i wanted for breakfast within reason aswell...Not here though!!

There is a man constantly walking around with a trolley trying to sell you fresh orange juice, i think someone needs to remind him that ITS ALL INCLUSIVE!!!

If you want to have a second key card for your room - forget that aswell - as the hotel will actually admit that they dont give them out because they do not want people leaving there air conditioning units on in their rooms. Ridiculous when its 100 degrees every day (which obviously is nice!!)

If you fancy a shower at night before going for your meal etc - again, FORGET IT, as there is no hot water in the evenings!! crazy i know!!

The electric goes off and on about 20 times a day, with a huge generator kicking in next to the childrens swimming pool and sounding like a deafening jet engine!! Im not making this up i promise you!!!

The main good point of the hotel is the Animation team - they are fantastic and deserve full credit for all the great things they do with the kids and activities in the day and night.

The swimming pools are not bad, but too small really although the kids do love the slides.

We paid around three and a half thousand pounds for 9 of us to go to this hotel, who's website looks very nice, but believe you me, it paints a very inaccurate picture of what this hotel is really like.

This hotel is at very best, a 3 star, so if you are prepared for that then you will have a good time, but we were expecting a lot more from a 5 star hotel that definately didnt have a 5 star service, so we felt let down big time.

I would not go back to this resort but would definately go back to Turkey as it is very hot and very nice.

• Travel date: Wed 30th of July 2008

Somewhat sceptical

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"Firstly, having read some previous reviews for the Bergamot Resort I am somewhat skeptical of them and there origination due to the spelling and pronunciation (check it out yourself). Having stopped at five star hotels in the UK, Europe, North and South America and the middle East I can categorically state this is NOT a five star hotel and at best a three. The fact that it is in Turkey should have no bearing on the rating or with the price paid. Indeed if anything it should enhance "value for money".
All areas of the hotel were clean including the rooms which were very basic.
The food in the Evening was average with only one dish cooked fresh, normally fish. Lunchtime was pretty much the same if somewhat quieter.
The free drinks were in the same vain as the designer t-shirts bought in the markets over there. In other words they didn’t' last long and bore little resemblance to the original article. They were severely and I do mean severely watered down!
Staff were helpful and pleasant, but really, shouldn't they be?
Don't go expecting to get fit. You can only use the tennis court between 10 and 6. If you can do that in temperatures exceeding 45 degrees you don't need to!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of July 2008

Lovely hotel in a real love...

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"I read those complaints and really could not belaved. What are people expecting from a resort? Ä°f they want a superb service and foods and drinks than go to Ritz and pay real money..

I have been to Turkey for 7 times. And stayed in different hotels.But i finally found my place.Garden Resort.I have a disabled child who is at the age of 22. And she spends her most happiest holiday ever.Every staff took so good care to my child.She loved all of the team. Ä°n the morning they served her breakfast to bed.Couse she doesnt like to be around and seemed by other people.But she was so confortable.The manager arranged her a swimming theraphy with the dolphins.she swimmed with the dolphins and she was so happy.
Anyway there are lots of good things to write but the best way is to see by yourself.So much thx for the Erol in restaurant for taking good care for my baby...Love all of you.. Elizabeth.."

• Travel date: Fri 25th of January 2008

Loved the atmosphere

Reviewed Sun 4th of November 2012

"We spend our one week holiday in Garden Resort Bergamot. Me my husband and our 11 years old boy. Our boy was the happiest of the family.The kids entertainment was lovely.There are so nice girls working in kids club.They realy take good care for our boy.Me and my husband was very relaxed.The beach is lovely and silent.Just the sound of waves.The pool side was nice too but we preferd the beach.
The room was so bigh enough for a family with 2 kids. Rooms are very clean and well furnished.Everyday rooms are cleaning by the maids.Dont forget to give some tip to them.
The restaurand can be more chick.But he service was very well.You dont have to wait for your drinks.The buffet was very nice and the foods are so delicious.Try ''gozleme'' on snack bar..
Reception and wellcoming was realy good and you can get your rooms quickly.Next year we will be there again.."

• Travel date: Wed 19th of September 2007

Did i stay at the wrong hotel...

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"...because i swear they said this was a 5 star reosrt! Well as you can probably tell we weren't impressed all that much. Nothing really bad to say as it was a nice hotel just wasn't very impressive and was a slight let down as they say it's a 5 star which it clearly isn't. It should be a 3 star plus if that. The manager told us it was built only last year (2006) so it was very clean and looked really nice if a touch too small for my liking. Absolutely no need for it to be all inclusive as the food was nasty (and the same EVERYDAY - we managed to survive on bread and butter alone)...the free drinks were very limited and watered down (imported drinks i.e. bacardi would cost you an arm and a leg) and the hospitality on arrival wasn't the greatest. All that aside, half way through our week stay it did get better. As long as your friendly with the staff, they will be friendly to you and will take care of you. The staff did warm to us after a while and genuinely believe they were sad to see us go, as were we. the actual hotel itself is quite small and the pool area isn't that great...it is miles away from the beach but as mentioned before...has a bus service every half an hour (even though we waited an hour for it once). It was good for us 4 boys as the 'harem bar' opened at 6 till midnight to serve drinks (sprite and vodka only for me as turkish cola is vile)..though it was quite strange when it took me about 10 sprite and vodkas to get drunk then realising it must be watered down. Disco Sultan (the hotels club) was always very empty but we loved it...the DJ let us play our own songs as we befriended him (as he was also the same guy who orchestrates the evening entertrainment - which was soo bad). The rooms were ok, nothing special, nice and clean with a turkish style sofa in the corner of the room, the balcony was very small and you should definitely make sure to get a pool view room as the street view is not that great. Overall, not the greatest resort but the company i went with and the staff (towards the end) made it a pleasent experience.

Ah yes...and it's full of Russians!...which we didn't mind!

May, London"

• Travel date: Mon 27th of August 2007

5 Star, No Way!

Reviewed Sun 4th of November 2012

"We have just returned from a week at the Garden Resort Kemer and were very glad we were there for only a week. The Hotel is no way 5 Star, more like a 3. For the first three days, all I kept saying was how awful and how disappointed I was, and wanted to find another hotel. The room needed to see a good lick of paint, and the bathroom had seen better days, everyday we were mopping up leaks not just in the bathroom but also from the "so called" air conditioning unit which worked when it felt like it, just like the lifts. The balcony was the size of a beach towel if that, so you could not sit out and enjoy a drink. The food was awful, the same choice every day, as for breakfast they had a bowl of ready mixed eggs so that they could cook you only omlette! While the chef was doing someones omlette I asked if they could fry an egg for me and they said no only omlette! The drinks were watered down and very limited. People in the Restaurant in the Evenings looked like they had just come in from the pool! If I could speak Russian I would have fitted in very well. I now have very serious concerns about booking further 5 star holidays!"

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of August 2007

Awful Hotel

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"We have just returned from a weeks stay at the Garden Resort. I have to say it was the worst week of my life! The hotel is advertised as a Five Star but this is definately NOT the case, I would rate this hotel three star plus.
The food was awful, the drinks all watered down, the kids club had no adults inside at all and no security I would not have left my daughter there!
The worst thing about this hotel is they constantly play loud music from ten in the morning round the pool and well into the evening, and just when you think it has stopped the disco starts and continues until 2 am. Our room was situated above the disco and on several occasions i asked for the music to be turned down and the staff laughed at me!
I work in the travel industry and my advice would be don't waste your money!!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 5th of August 2007

Heaven on earth :)

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"We have just returned a week at Garden Resort.Me my husband and our two doughters were together.
First of all the atmosphere of the hotel is lovely.The hotel is situated in a small orange forest.Actually we learned that it is not orange.Something like orange but the name is 'Bergamot'.The manager of the hotel gave us a fragrance oil which is made by bargamot and it smells wonderfull.
The staff in the hotel is very kind and gentle.They are allways smiling and taking very good care of customers.There are lot's of Sweedish people in the hotel.We have good contacts with some of them.
The hotel is very good for familys specialy with kids.It's very secure hotel with high walls and security guards.So you can leave your kids free.Kids club is very good for the children.There are lots of activitys for them.And two girls are always with them.
The beach is a little far from the hotel but in every 30 min's there is a free service shuttle to beach.So it's not a big problem.The beach is very relaxing and silent.(can be sometimes boring!) and sandy which is again good for kids.
There is a very good wellness center in the hotel.Massage and Turkish bath is very good.Worth to try:)
The foods in hotel is very nice.There are lots of choice.Specialy Turkish Night is very good and meals on that night is superb.Kebabs etc..
Rooms are very clean and confortable.We booked a family room and the room was quite big for a family.
Finaly, we will be there next year again.And also ı will take my parents with me couse the natur of the hotel is just for them..."

• Travel date: Tue 31st of July 2007