Good

Nice & Comfortable

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"Overall, I was very pleased to stay at this hotel. The location is very good - many small hotels are being built in this area. The hotel people are helpful and friendly. I booked a deluxe room which was very clean, comfortable, big and tastefully decorated. The included breakfast and coffee are a good start for the day. WIFI is free and I got excellent reception in the room. I'd gladly stay here again."

• Travel date: Tue 24th of March 2009

Clean, comfortable, friendly, small hotel in great location

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"I just returned from a 3 night stay with my husband at the Osmanhan Hotel. We were charmed by this hotel. The three most outstanding characteristics are: impeccably clean, updated rooms and baths with comfortable beds, helpful and friendly staff.
I travel a lot for business, and am picky about cleanliness and comfort. The price was excellent, low season at 55 Euro a night for a spacious room (#41) with a view to the Bosphorus, and free wireless internet. The hotel has charm, and the owner, Hamit, runs this small hotel (7 rooms) in a very warm and personal manner.
We greatly enjoyed breakfasts on the top floor terrace overlooking the Bosphorus, and chatting with the staff. Central but quiet location, just a short walk, less than 5 minutes up the hill to the Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, Aya Sofya.
Only hesitation would be for someone who needs an elevator....this place only has stairs. Or for someone who wants a large generic hotel with the amenities - room service, fitness center, restaurant, etc.
We would definitely stay here again."

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of March 2009

ah osmanim ah

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2012

"My girlfriend Barbara and I are living in Amsterdam and we decided to go to Istanbul for a romantic gateaway for 1 week.

Osmanhan Hotel was recommended to me by my friend Volkan. When i checked the website i knew we were in good hands.

First of OsmanHan is run by a very friendly staff. They always carry their geniune smiles on their faces.

I loved the breakfasts on the roof top. You are surrounded by The Blue Mosque, Aya Sophia and the MArmara SEa.
There is no room for grumpinness when you sleep in one of the roooms of OsmanHan. The bathroom tiles make you jealous for not having them in your own house.

Overall our experience in Osmanhan was perfect and we're gonna recommend to all our friends. And we are definetely going back there next time we're in Istanbul.

Murat Karatas and Barbara Diederiks"

• Travel date: Fri 6th of February 2009

Perfect location

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"Osmanhan Hotel,Sultanahmet,Istanbul
I have just returned from Istanbul-not for the first time,Ihave been theremany times but this the first time I have stayed in the Osmanhan.It is an absolute gem of a hotel,small family run with seven rooms, all en suite. The decor is modern with a Turkish feel-the rooms have all mod cons, air conditioning,t.v.,internet,fridge etc. A buffet breakfast is laid out on the roof terrace in the morning where you can sit in the sun and enjoy a leisurely start to the day.Views from the terrace are magnificent-across the Marmara Sea you can see the Asian shore with large ships in the distance and small fishing boats closer to shore.
All this is just 5 minutes walk from the'must see' sights of Istanbul-the Blue Mosque,Aghia Sophia and Topkapi Palace-and 10minutes from the Grand Bazaar.There are lots of restaurants on the next street. Some of the best food I ate was from a man who cooks on a cart just up the hill from the Osmanhan.The kofta-Turkish meatballs-in a bread roll with onion and tomato are worth another trip to Istanbul.
The Osmanhan is the perfect place to stay ."

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of December 2008

wonderful service

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"We came to the Osmanhan after another hotel we booked turned out only to have a double bed rather than the two singles we had requested.
It turned out to be very fortunate - not only were the rooms and bathrooms far better for a similar price, but above all the service was very kind and attentive, making us feel immediately at home. It is close to all the sights, and has a nice breakfast terrace overlooking the Marmara sea.
Definitely recommended!"

• Travel date: Mon 17th of November 2008

Recomanded A++++

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"This was our first visit to Istanbul for holidays We found the hotel very central and clean. We were really very impressed by the way rooms have been decorated and service provided. The hotel setup is upto very high standard and the management and staff were very helpful and informatıve in every way. The roof-top served breakfast was good and the views were beautıful be it day or night. Thıs place is only few mınutes walk from all eating places, shopping area and sight-seeing areas including Topkopi palace, Ayasofya museum, Blue Mosque, Spice Bazaar, Grand Bazaar and many other beautıful places to see on the way."

• Travel date: Sat 15th of November 2008

Also bumped out of Byzantium....But loved Osman Han

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"As the reviewer before me, we were also moved from the Byzantium to the Osman Han after the Byzantium told us they did not have a room available. However, we were very pleased with our stay at the Osman Han. The owner decreased the price to match what we had agreed to pay at the Byzantium. After realizing how annoyed we were with all of the moving from one hotel to another, he brought us a plate of fresh fruit. The rooms are modern with nice bathrooms. There is a delicious breakfast served on the rooftop terrace every morning. Everyone who worked here was overacommodating and pleasant. They let us use the internet in the lobby and gave us umbrellas when it rained. I would definately recommend this boutique hotel to anyone. It's within walking distance to all of the major sites and the hospitality is unbeatable."

• Travel date: Tue 11th of November 2008

Warm receptıon wıth very nıce rooms

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2012

"The Osmanhan Hotel owners and staff greeted myself, wıfe and our frıend wıth open arms after we experıenced a horrible night at another local hotel. Their hotel ıs new, rooms very comfortable wıth delightful decor and spacious, modern bath. A fabulous view is enjoyed on their roof while taking breakfast or in the evening just lounging around. The owners and their staff are 5 star quality and their rates are a very good value. We have found our home away from home there.

Tim & Bilge Almaroad
Tennessee, USA"

• Travel date: Wed 5th of November 2008

Wonderful experience at Osmanhan Hotel

Reviewed Sat 13th of October 2012

"We had a wonderul stay at the newly opened Osmanhan Hotel near the Grand Bazar in Istanbul, Turkey. A small, boutique hotel, the room was very large (for its price range) with wood floors, extremely comfortable beds and large area with a bay window. Bathroom was small but modern with tile floors and walls, glassed in shower and very up-to-date bowl sink on top of the counter. Very eco friendly as the lighting on the stairway was motion activated.

Buffet breakfast was included and was served on the rooftop terrace overlooking the Bosphorus. The woman who attended the buffet was very friendly and efficient.

The front counter staff could not have been more pleasant and accommodating. We were treated as if we were guests in their home rather than tourists. This is definitely a hotel to return to, time and again."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of November 2008

Osman Han Hotel Istanbul

Reviewed Thu 18th of October 2012

"We were booked into the Byzantinium hotel and on arriving found they had over booked we were then offered the Osman we went to look at it . Our first impression was not good as the reception is quite small, but on being shown the rooms we were very impressed. The rooms were done to the highest standard all very contempory and decorated in a boutique style. The roof terrace is tremendous with great views of the Blue Mosque and surrounding areas well worth a stay. The staff were very informative also and very friendly.
Ros and Leo"