Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus

Cihannuma Mah Saray Cd No 5, Istanbul 34353 Turkey

Good

Great Hotel

"The Conrad is a great hotel. Friendly staff, excellent panoramic views of the Bospherous from the 14th floor, reasonable sized rooms, very friendly staff. The only downside is you are not in walking distance of some of the main areas (though there are loads of taxis at the front and they are cheap). The business centre closes at 8pm which can be an issue if you need to send/receive faxes. Hotel has a nice pool area. On-site restaurants are ok without being great. I've stayed there a few times and would certainly recommend it."

• Travel date: Tue 25th of March 2008

Luxury hotel for busineess

"What to say about Conrad? It is the classical american 5 stars hotel of the Hilton chain.It isperfect for U.S. businessman who whant to test american way of guesting everywhere they are in the world. Enormous, very elegant, with every kind of confort you could image or need: three restaurant, a roof launge bar with a beatiful sight on Bosforus river, a gym, a swimmingpool ans so on... but in this hotel also the air you breath has a price.
The rooms are very confortable and large, the batrhoom too. The personnel is really available. The hotel is in the business part of the city, so if you are in Istanbul for tourism, I'd chose another hotel in the old city.
The only thing annoyed me are the controls for terrorism every time you enter in the hotel: metaldetector, mirrors to see under taxi, armed bodygurds outside and inside....If you have no fear of terrorism all these controls make you quite suspicious.
Sincerely the hotel was perfect under evry point of view but to me the price of a standard single, more than 170 € was too much. I was there for business and after two days I moved in another two star hotel in the old city and I prefeared it.... but I'm fond of camping : -) so draw your own conclusions.
Riccardo"

• Travel date: Mon 10th of March 2008

A good Hotel

"Bedrooms are clean and comfortable and the bathrooms are spotless. Service is polite and helpful. Executive floor service is good and the food is lovely. The hotel restaurant (Prego) has excellent food and the chef personally sees that you are happy with the meal but the wine is expensive. Sports facilities are very good and both pools are lovely (have been in summer 07 as well). The hotel is far from the blue mosque, but I prefer not having to deal with the traffic. But be warned traffic going in to the old city is horrendous in the summer. Overall a good hotel with lovely views over the city."

• Travel date: Sun 20th of January 2008

Nickle and Dimed!!

"Stayed at this hotel on a business trip selected by my company.

Located in the Beşiktaş area of Istanbul. Not really close to anything, but if you are on the right side of the hotel, and high enough, you will get a great view of the Bosphorus.

The room rates are relatively reasonable compared to 5 star hotels in Istanbul (although the Conrad is really more of a 4 star). The hotel will overprice almost everything else (e.g., laundry business shirt $17, breakfast $40, toblerone $15).

Fitness center is okay with a swimming pool. Not crowed the times i used it.

Most staff appear friendly, except when you ask for something. Then language deficiency is used as an excuse for bad service.

Room service is also grossly overpriced, and one of my meals arrived 2 hours after I ordered (almost midnight).

Overall not a bad place if you company if paying for everything (my expense department questioned whether the in-hotel charges were a mistake because they were so high)"

• Travel date: Sun 6th of January 2008

Conrad over priced

"Hotel is drasitcally over priced even by the standard of the Conrad. Only stay here if you're on business in Istanbul and have an expense account. Not a match on, say, the Conrad in Cairo. Given the price paid, I expected more."

• Travel date: Tue 21st of August 2007

Crap service...

"I stayed here on business in July and March 2007. I didn't enjoy it on either occasion. Unfortunately, the hotel was booked via work and so I had no choice in the matter.

Service at the hotel is awful. Staff either do not understand (or pretend not to) even a simple request or would rather not assist you in any case.

The rooms are shabby, the corridors dingy, and all in all needs a complete overhaul.

Not worth the money."

• Travel date: Thu 12th of July 2007

Not a 5 star hotel!

"We stayed at the Conrad after a cruise. Check in was slow and with a big queue, The room was okay, but the bathroom was dated. The restaurant is the worst though: it is absolutely overpriced ( a local beer 0,3 costs around € 8,00 !) and the food is less then average. The breakfast buffet is absolutely Turkish and a joke: bad tasting cold cuts and cheese. No salmon, no dark bread. Service is very slow and the cooks stand chewing at their position-simply disgracing for a 5 star hotel! We never ever saw a manager around. I would have never booked it and will never stay there again. Please avoid! Otherwise the city is great and the people are marvellous!"

• Travel date: Mon 21st of May 2007

Wow...

"My family and I stayed here a few nights before embarking on a cruise. We stayed in the Bosphoros Suite which had a magnificent view of the harbor and the cruise ships. The lobby really is intimidating! I was about 12 at the time, so there was not a lot for me to do. There was a shopping area that was fun to walk through. The airport pick-up was great and they even had a second car for all of our luggage! There was a lovely little French pastry shop in the hotel. The staff was friendly, the hotel was beautiful and clean, my only complaint would be that there are a lot of cats in Turkey!"

• Travel date: Fri 4th of May 2007

I didn't want to leave...

"This hotel was a wonderful experience! We stayed in a suite with Butler service and I can easily say it was one of the best hotel experiences I've had.

We were picked up (and dropped off) at the airport by a chaffeur driven Mercedes town car, courtesy of the hotel. The security is top notch - and yes, it only takes a minute but it also made me feel safe, something that is important. The hotel is infused with the smell of jasmine in the lobby and throughout the halls on all the floors. The lobby area itself is sparkling clean and is bustling although you never feel lost in this large hotel.

The staff are fabulous. They are friendly, accomodating and they remember you. They really make you feel at home! We had a package deal in which the head concierge took us on a half day private tour around the sites and it was absolutely wonderful. The butler staff were accomodating and very friendly - they were never dismissing or gruff. Everyone said hello as they passed, even the housekeeping staff met you with a smile and a greeting in the hall. They made absolutely every single effort to make and keep us happy.

The room...nothing short of fabulous. Sparkling clean and kept that way. The view was nothing short of spectacular as we overlooked the Bosphorus. The bed was comfortable, the pillows big and fluffy, there were lots of amenities (and two toilets in the suite, which is really handy). Their toiletries were only ok - but they are hotel toiletries so it's not something to base an opinion on. Had they had luxury toiletries as some hotels do (brand name instead of generic), it would have been just that something extra special. Moving on, each and every day fresh bottled water was left by the staff in our suite as well as fresh fruit. The room and the service in it...simply impeccable.

The view from the 15th floor (butler floor) was fantastic and this is where we could enjoy our breakfast (as well as other meals if we so chose). There is a smaller cold buffet than the standard on the 14th (executive floor), but hot a la carte would be made for you at your request - whatever you so chose. It was great. Further, the butler service means a high tea each afternoon (no extra charge) with either champagne or port and small finger sandwiches or snacks and then there is happy hour til 9pm (free drinks!)...the whole time, the staff serve w/o fault and remember orders...and should something go awry, in that rare case, they are highly apologetic. You are treated like royalty.

The food in the hotel is very good. The Prego restaurant has fabulous Italian. Monet has lovely pastries. Room service is prompt and good, although this is the area where the hotel might fall a bit short in terms of quality. I had the 40 Lira (ca. Eur 20 or USD 30) Conrad Burger which, by the menu, sounds fantastically decadent. It didn't overwhelm, and didn't even impress. It was good - but not what I anticipated. The coffee at the hotel also not great - sometimes I felt I was getting instant coffee served up as whatever it was that I had ordered. I think that is really my only gripe!

All in all, I'd go back there in a heartbeat. I'm sure that each property has an off day but this was truly a worthwhile experience and the property comes highly recommended."

• Travel date: Fri 4th of May 2007

Wonderful hotel

"Since my husband was attending a meeting at a nearby hotel in early July, 2006, we selected an 8 day package at the Istanbul Conrad . The package included a stay at the Butler Level with airport pickup and drop off, two dinners, and two massages, Since we had an extended stay at the hotel, the staff upgraded us to a suite. Our room was spacious with an extremely comfortable king bed, plenty of storage, two baths, a small kitchen, living room with a dining area and a fantastic view of the Bosphorus. Breakfast and tea were included in the Butler level package and served on the beautiful patio overlooking the Bosphorus. The staff was very accomodating and pleasant. They cheerfully greeted us each day and were very helpful with restaurant reservations, directions and places to visit. The room was cleaned twice a day and fresh towels were always available. We have stayed all over the world, and find this hotel was one of the special ones."

• Travel date: Fri 6th of April 2007

Hotels near Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus

Stayed at Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus? Share your insight.

Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus is also called