loby

Good

Outstanding atmosphere,brand new hotel....

Reviewed 1st April 2013

"I decided to take my girlfriend on a surprise 3-day trip to Istanbul for new year and I didn't want to spend much time planning, so I relied on TA to book the hotel and restaurants--hoping to minimize the likelihood of poor experiences during our short time there. We were NOT disappointed. Hotel Basileus lived up to its TA reputation in every way. Prior to our visit, I mentioned it was a surprise birthday trip and to my surprise was presented a very nice handmade, traditional oriental rug set, along with a nice birthday note. It was the first time in my many travels that a hotel had provided such a personal touch and kind gesture--which really set the tone for a pleasant stay. We were greeted warmly and friendly upon arrival by hotel's staff and another gentlemen, who offered us a nice drink, showed us the property and gave us a brief tour of Istanbul by map--which included several recommendations. The room was clean,big, well-appointed and comfortable, with modern bathroom fittings,The location can't be beat, with the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and Arasta Bazaar all within minutes (walking) and much more within easy reach by tram or taxi. We had a wonderful dinner at Pasazade (also highly rated by TA) as well at the Aloran Cafe (down near the Four Seasons Hotel), recommended to us by hotel staff. There are several small bars and cafes just up the street from the hotel, and many more within walking distance. The dining area is nice, and there was a plentiful spread of scrambled eggs, breakfast meats, fresh fruits, pastries, cheeses and vegetables--something for everyone--every morning. And the tea and coffee was plentiful. Perhaps this was all in response to earlier grumblings, but I was pleased, nonetheless. We booked the airport transfer through the hotel and although comfortable and reliable. Overall,Hotel staff and company did everything they could to make sure we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and we did! I will definitely return to Basileus Hotel on my next trip to Istanbul (possibly in a couple years.I can honestly say Basileus hotel and staff rock!!!!!! See you next time guys....."

• Travel date: 5th January 2011

Perfrect location and atmosphere

Reviewed 29th March 2013

"Hotel was in walking distance of everything you would want to see. This is a new property and the rooms are spotless. The staff go out of their way to make you feel at home and comfortable, arraigning everything from an apple tea, breakfast in the morning or a road trip to Troy and Gallapoli. A perfect place to spend a week or more, never tierd of the place and look forward to a return visit."

• Travel date: 3rd January 2011

like my home...

Reviewed 31st March 2013

"I have found Basileus Hotel because of my friend’s suggestion.I have stayed at the hotel 4 nights during the new year term. The location is perfect in the Sultanamet area everywhere is close in walking distance.The hotel room was quite large.The breakfast is awesome.I was able get access to internet from my room so easily.If there is something to mention about the staff i can say only one word GREAT Staff.They are like my family members so friendly,caring.It was sad to leave the hotel.I definitely recommend this fabulous hotel."

• Travel date: 3rd January 2011

a wonderfull hotel for ever

Reviewed 4th April 2013

"The hotel is located in very central place which you can do touristic things as it is very close to historical places and enjoy absorbing local people’s culture as it is close to local inhabitants .This boutique hotel is so beautiful not to be recognized from outside, in the Old City. Room and bathroom are clean. We had no problem with hot water and its good pressure .The staff is very friendly"

• Travel date: 22nd December 2010

Brand new,clean ,cosy ,quiet rooms outstanding staff....

Reviewed 5th April 2013

"That was a very nice stay, hotel was clean ,brand new,cosy rooms and quiet .Guest rooms were larger and better equipped than the standard norm found in Sultanahmet.It has a perfect location in Sultanahmet, walking distance from the most places you want to go. The hotel staff are extremely friendly and helpful in anything and everything from carrying your luggage to your room at 2 in the night to providing great tips and advice on how/when to do various sightseeing/shopping agendas. The full breakfast -- very typically Turkish -- is a treat to look forward to with the smiling staff who serve it.Highly recommended."

• Travel date: 17th December 2010

Beatiful new hotel!

Reviewed 30th March 2013

"What a nice new hotel it is! Great staff, great location. Rooms are cosy and quiet. Continental breakfast is delicious! Highly recommended."

• Travel date: 13th December 2010

very comfortable and friendly

Reviewed 3rd April 2013

"This hotel is just perfect. Three star interior at budget price. Very clean. very friendly. Plus all the hotel personal spoke english, are young, and gave us some pretty good advice and guidance."

• Travel date: 11th December 2010

Great Hotel

Reviewed 2nd April 2013

"If you would like a very reasonably priced clean hotel located near the attractions of historical Istanbul this is an excellent choice. The location of the hotel is very good, close to the blue mosque, within walking distance of the Hagia Sofia and the Topkapi Palace. Whenever i need help for anything the stuff were ready for me to help. The rooms are very clean and everything looks new. The hotel has beautiful facade and the rooms have windows from ground to ceiling. It was like home.What else can be expected from a hotel if it is your home."

• Travel date: 1st December 2010

very nice brand new hotel

Reviewed 14th November 2012

"That was a very nice stay, hotel was clean ,brand-new and the stuff was very friendly .Highly recomended to everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!1"

• Travel date: 1st December 2010

great newly renoated small hotel with fantastic staff, ownership and location. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 14th November 2012

"After a recent 5 night stay at the newly opened Basileus Hotel in Sultanahmet, I left with nothing but high regard for the level of comfort and service I received during this combined business/ pleasure trip to Istanbul. After 6 years of travel to this city for various reasons, I am relieved to know that my "search" for suitable lodgings within the Old City is over. Guest rooms were larger and better equipped than the standard norm found in Sultanahmet, and the beds and linens were of very high quality. Breakfast was delicious, including a few homemade or seemingly farm sourced jams and yogurts which added to the variety of the more typical Turkish breakfast fare. But most importantly was the commitment by the ownership and the staff to do everything in their control to ensure a high quality visitor experience. Highly recommended."

• Travel date: 23rd November 2010