Mother and daughter (Mag) in Icmeler

Reviewed Tue 9th of November 2010

"My 16 year old daughter and myself spent the last week in October in the Sun Blue apartments in Icmeler. We had a 1 bedroom apartment which was spacious, fairly basic but everything we needed and very clean. Staff were all brilliant and nothing was a bother. The lady that cleaned our room made our towels into swans, flowers, hearts etc which was a lovely touch we thought. We had a fab time. The blokes are a bit pushy when you are out and about especially with my daughter but this did not spoil our holiday. Icmeler market was good for bargains but really in your face which we weren't keen on. We had really good weather apart from a couple of down pours but still managed to get plenty sunbathing in. We found some lovely shops in Marmaris and bought 4 pairs of UGG boots. A lot of shops sell really cheap fakes but Authentic and Mufi along the main street are the places to go. We exchanged money twice along the main street at different places and got ripped off both times by 20 turkish lira each time so beware! We found that the supermarkets gave a better rate. We ate at some lovely places and had a few english breakfasts in Icmeler. Florida for your english breakfast and the Love Boat and Venice are both fabulous for food. Also, Dalaman airport is very expensive! I ordered a double vodka and 2 diet pepsis. The diet pepsis were 330ml cans and it cost me £28.00! I queried the price and was told it was right whilst the barmaid snatched the money out of my hand! Would love to go back again but my daughter would prefer it if we had a male (from England) with us."

• Travel date: Sat 6th of November 2010

Ideal location, quiet but close to everything

Reviewed Tue 16th of February 2010

"Used this accommodation twice over the last couple of years and would have no hesitation in reccomending it to anyone. Situated behind the Marti hotel, Sun Blue is a hidden little gem.
Rooms are basic but comfortable and bright and cleaned to a very good standard, air con (payable locally 3 pound a night) in the bed room only. Each room has a small balcony, most of which overlook the pool.
The pool area is like an oasis with palm trees providing shade and I have never known it to run out of sun beds despite being peak season. The bar area is shaded with free pool table for the kids and the staff are exceptionally helpful and will not hassle you to eat/drink there. The local supermarket (open 24/7)is attached to the complex.
Food served at the restaurant is fairly standard and a fair price compared to the rest of Icmeler.
Despite it's proximity to the canal with its many restaurants and bars the Sun Blue remains quiet and peaceful of an evening which is great for families with young children.
Two minutes gentle stroll will get you to the canal or to the beach with a wide choice of eateries.
I would reccommend plenty of places to eat and drink around town but my personal favourites are "The Majestic" on the canal for food and for the football fans, "Linekers" on the seafront.
For a peaceful, lazy value for money day that the kids will love book the Lazy Day boat trip with "Carol's Place" all inclusive of dinner and drinks for about 18 each.
The Sun Blue is a quiet small complex within five minutes gentle stroll to the best of Icmeler. "

• Travel date: Fri 12th of February 2010

just returned from a fantastic week at t...

Reviewed Mon 29th of September 2008

"just returned from a fantastic week at the sun blue apartments.The apartments are ideally located just a short walk from the canal with all its lovely shops and restaurants,we especially loved the Kerem restaurant and their fantastic cheesecake!The apartments are immaculately clean and there were clean towels every day.All of the staff are very friendly and make you feel very welcome.We stayed bed and breakfast and had the turkish breakfast every day which was delicious but you could also have and english breakfast if you paid extra.I would recommend these apartments for anyone and would definitely stay there again."

• Travel date: Mon 29th of September 2008

Absolutely excellent clean comfortable b...

Reviewed Sun 7th of September 2008

"Absolutely excellent clean comfortable basic appartment, friendly staff especialy Tula and Hakan food in the restaurant excellent the best we had and very good value. Highly recommend for couples and families,couldnt ask for more."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of September 2008

My sister & I just got back from our hol...

Reviewed Sun 29th of June 2008

"My sister & I just got back from our holiday in Icmeler. Had a thoroughly good time, loved Icmeler. The sunblue hotel and staff there were absolutely fantastic. We got a lot of hassle from the turkish men in the bars and restaurants but this by no means ruined our holiday. To anyone else new to Turkey we would definitely advise not to book any excursions through the rep. We went for a Turkish bath and on the Dalyan river cruise both booked through the rep. The Turkish bath was great, however we had a good hours wait for our bus back afterwards, and we payed over the odds. Anyone who does book the turkish bath through the rep we would recommend just getting the basic as any extras can be booked when you get there and cheaper! When we booked the Dalyan river cruise the rep told us it was a 45 min journey to the boat on the transfer bus. It was a good 2 hours. We had a half hour stop at a souvenier shop (a quick toilet break would have been fine), and then they took us to a jewellry shop where we had a presentation and then they tried to sell us jewellry. The rep did not mention anything about this when we booked the tour. We enjoyed the boat trip itself when we eventually got there (3 hours after being picked up). & the rep told us we would be back by 5.30 but it was around 8 o'clock by the time we were dropped off at our hotel. The boat excursions from the beach front are much better value for money, no bus transfer and a fraction of the price."

• Travel date: Sun 29th of June 2008

Hotels near Sun Blue Apart Hotel

Top traveller tips for Sun Blue Apart Hotel

• Mam and Mag 4 life in Icmeler by Mam and Mag 4 life in Icmeler

"Lovely place and great bargains in the shops "

Sun Blue Apart Hotel is also called