Selen 2 Hotel

Cumhuriyet Mahallesi Menderes Caddesi 16, Icmeler 48720 Turkey

loved this hotel

Good

"We went to this hotel last July with our friends and our 13 year old son.We stayed in the apts as we prefer the extra room,our room was basic but very clean and spacious.We had a fantastic time making friends with another 3 couples my son loved it and didnt want to come home.Everyone from holiday makers to staff were very friendly the staff ended up being thrown into the pool every night by the kids and couldnt do enough to entertain the kids.This was our 3rd time in icmeler but will certainly return to this hotel."

• Travel date: Fri 7th of March 2008

Great stay at the Selen 2

"We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in september and it was great! our room (at the top floor) was kind of small, but very clean and adequate! We had Air Conditioning, TV, telephone, hairdryer and telephone in the bathroom. And, of course, a beautiful view of this lovely village!
The breakfast was good and we ate with pleasure there every morning!
The staff was very helpful and tried to entertain us during the evenings by the pool bar. The pool is not very big, but clean.
The hotel is like 10 minutes walk to the beach, but don't worry: Icmeler is nice and you will enjoy every walk to the beach and back!
There are a lot of bars and restaurants where you can have lunch and dinner, on of course, where to get out in the evenings. I strongly recommend a romantic walk on the beach in the night! It's great!

The only minus is that we couldn't stay longer! But we will definetly come back soon!"

• Travel date: Fri 16th of November 2007

the pits

"icmeler is a beautiful place dont get me wrong but these apartments were a disgrace. noise levels were beyond a joke night watch man wondered off every night end of season he didnt care maids were in and out before you could say boo, dont go here book the hotel its over the road worlds apart its b and b but even if you dont have breakfast youll have the security of the hotel. we did have a lovely holiday icmeler is nice and the surrounding area was good to i have seen some other hotels in the area and will go back."

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of October 2007

Small Rooms Fab Hotel

Good

"I have just returned from a weeks stay at the selen 2. All in all it was a great hotel. On arrival the staff came running out to take your suitcases and take them up to the room for you. Another member of staff would then lead you up to your room which was good as there was none of the wondering round in the dark trying to fine your room number. Rooms were very clean a bit on the small side but ok for two persons. I wouldnt recommend and more than two in a room. The shower in the bathroom is also quite small but is manageable. The rooms were cleaned everyday and also you had clean towels everyday sometimes in the form of towel art on the bed.
The staff themselves were great and game for a laugh. Always ready to help you. The breakfast was nice and on speaking to some people from other hotels it seemed we had the best selection. As stated in other reviews you do lose the sun at the pool area at about 3pm. We found that the best sunbeds you could get were the ones directly opposite the hotel as these had the sun from about 10am to 3pm. This was not a problem with us as by 3pm we were ready for a bit of lunch and a spot of shopping. The snack menu for round the pool area was nice but the burgers were questionable. The hotel has to cats that wonder around the pool area but are no trouble at all and if you look like you dont like them the staff come over and remove them from your area. The hotels restaurants food was nice but there are so many lovely restaurants in ichmeler to try. If you are wanting to stay close to home one night there are two fab restaurants as you turn right out of the hotel. The selam that is next to the hotels restaurant and then a bit further up there is the moonlight which was also lovely but maybe a little bit more expensive. As for in the centre there is the chinese at the top of the canal which was stunning and had a good meal deal. Also across the road from there is the Chef which was our favourite. Another nice one is the waterfall and the mandolin.
All in all my stay in ichmeler and the selen 2 was very enjoyable and i would go again to ichmeler and the hotel."

• Travel date: Fri 19th of October 2007

worst ever

"We have just returned from our 4th holiday in Icmeler Turkey and these apartments are the worst ever. You have to share a pool with Hotel Selen 50 mtrs across the road. Pool only gets sun on 1 side and only till 3 o'clock. The apart had 6inches off mould on the shower curtain, 2 ring hot plate to cook on taking 45mins to boil an egg, place overrun with ants. Only good thing was you got clean towels every day but apartment was only cleaned twice in 7 days. Complaining didnt get you anywhere it took 2days to get light bulb changed on balcony. this experience will not put us off going to Icmeler but will not be using these aparts again."

• Travel date: Wed 17th of October 2007

Very pleased with the hotel

Good

"The Selen 2 has a good location in quiet area. i.e. a few minutes walk to beach and to more lively areas and shops. There are restaurants in the immediate area. The Hotel has a decent sized pool and sun terrace with drinks and snacks available. There is also a restaurant serving much the same fare as all the other restaurants..
"Pool loungers" please note that half of the pool is in shade by the afternoon and completely shaded by late afternoon. This also means that rooms with a pool view are in the shade for a good part of
the day whereas rooms at the rear of the hotel have afternoon and evening sun. Another point is that rooms with a pool view experience more noise from poolside activities and evening entertainment. Though local laws insist that music stops at midnight the same does not apply to late night socialising at the bar. Having made this point i have to say that we didn't experience any late night rowdyism or drunken behaviour at the Selen.

My personal opinion is that not only are the rear rooms quieter but they also enjoy a better view of the surrounding mountains. We found it pleasant to sit on the balcony in the evening sun. All rooms have a balcony and face either the pool or the rear.

Staff at the hotel are very friendly and helpful. Rooms have a fridge and are adequate for two people but would be very cramped with an extra bed. Air conditioning is available as an extra. Bed linen and towels are changed and rooms cleaned daily.

The breakfast, for a continental style buffet, was good with the normal provision of cold meats, cheese, preserves etc, and had fresh melon, tomatoes and olives plus the option of having eggs fried, scrambled or made into an omlette. If you want only one fried egg be sure to tell the cook otherwise you get two. Beverages included tea, coffee and squashes. And there is a toaster."

• Travel date: Tue 25th of September 2007

Small rooms

"This hotel is pleasant with friendly staff and an easy 10 minute walk to the beach. Some evening entertainment is provided. You are discouraged from taking any food or drink purchased outside, into the hotel (judging from the 5 signs at the entrance) The rooms are very small (and a bit drab)"

• Travel date: Sat 8th of September 2007

Fantastic Holiday

"My daughter and I stayed here for a week during peak season and had a fantastic time, although I am very experienced with Turkey it was the first time ever for my 9yr old daughter and I to holiday alone and I have to say I was extremely comfortable and relaxed here. The Hotel rooms are very small but very clean, all staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms that are on the front of the hotel overlooking the pool and poolside bar are quite noisy but to be honest its a noise you just get used too or join in with ha ha! however if you wanted a quieter room I am sure reception would do their best to change you to the back of the hotel. My only complaint with this hotel is that the pool does not get the sun all day long, so if you go and want the sun as long as possible during the day then try to get your sunbeds on the side of the pool side bar as these beds get the sun from about 11.30am onwards. I lived and worked in Turkey for many years (not in Icemeler) and I have to say that as far as hotels in Turkey go for your basic 3 star I would recommend this hotel and resort to anyone. Breakfast is your typical Turkish style buffet but they do also have a chef on hand who will scramble or fry your eggs, they will even make up an omlette for you, this was a first that I have come across in a typical 3star in Turkey, last year i stayed in an all inclusive hotel in olu deniz and they didnt offer this! The hotel also has its own restaurant which is ok for snacks but to be honest i never had a main meal there as there are so many restaurants to try, my favourite of all has to be the Cavalier restaurant down on the sea front, turn left as you come out of hotel and just walk straight down the road until you come to the sea front,once at the front turn left and its about a 5-6min walk. The food here really was of an excellent standard and no more expensive than most other restaurants. The Love Boat restaurant also does a nice meal and the presentation is excellent and in my opinion would come in second to the Cavalier. A restaurant to go to for entertainment would have to be the Majestic restaurant, every night from about 10.30ish onwards the waiters put on a show which is really good fun and some of them are excellent dancers, i would recommend this restaurant purely for the entertainment, the food is ok, i believe there are 2 Majestic Restaurants the one I am talking about is on the right hand side of the canal as your facing the sea front. All in all if you love Turkey then you really cant go far wrong with this Hotel and resort, I would stay at this hotel again without a doubt."

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of September 2007

nice and friendly hotelb

"i staye at this hotel in August 2006 with my partner and my daughter.The staff at the hotel are very friendly and the atmosphere at the hotel is good.The breakfast in the bar at the hotel are very good and very cheap .The rooms are clean bit crampbed bit basic to. The hotel air conditioning is very good and it is well needed in the temperartures it reches in turkey.The hotel does have a little bit of entertainment with the staff dancing and trying to get everyone to join in"

• Travel date: Tue 17th of July 2007

Absoloutly Loved It!!

"We stayed at the selen 2 hotel for 2 weeks and we absoloutly loved it! The staff are all fantastic,especialy with children and we made great friends with them all.The hotel caters for guests of all ages.The food in the restaurant is not excelent but there are plenty of great restaurants near by.There is a nice sized pool with big water slide not just for children as many adults tend to use it.The rooms are a little cramped if more than two people are staying in one room,but there are selen 2 apartments directly opposite the hotel entrance.Overall we had a fantastic holiday and did not want to come home we are definately coming back next year,we would definately recomend it to anyone!!"

• Travel date: Mon 11th of September 2006

worst hotel in 25 yrs of holidaying!

"went in a party of 8 adults - 2 of whom were on honeymoon! couldnt wait as have holidayed in Icemelar for the last 3 years and loved it! hotel was recommended to us as being a good place to stay!
*on arrival looked lovely outside and staff seemed friendly
*air con and safety deposit box very expensive to hire compared to other hotels in area
*had a note fastened to door on second day to say not allowed to use electricity fob when not in room or would be fined £20 - therefore no point in having fridge in room which was a plus in booking the hotel
*cleaner removed parties personal kettles from rooms after 3rd day saying we were causing power cuts - even though whole town had power cut and they had no permission to remove anything from our rooms - they did return after a battle with management who said they had removed everyones kettles - they hadnt - we asked everyone - infact they even gave a couple a kettle and 2 mugs - then started selling mugs in reception?
*one room shower didnt work - took 5 days constant asking at reception and rep to get to fix
*bathroom fitments in all 4 rooms not fitted well = felt unsafe
*hairdryers in all rooms fastened together with tape in bathrooms - dangerous - darent use
*cleaning - poor quality - had to ask for bedding and towels changed
*honeymoon couple had trip out and on returning found toilet had been used and filled with toilet paper and left smelling
*glass broken in one of rooms and left on floor - dangerous
*management and rep full of apologies and smile but did nothing - totally unhelful
*barstaff pushy - constantly pestering to buy drinks and stay on their premises - moody if you dont!
* pool cleaned of a sorts but not clean - sisterinlaw ended up in hospital and confined to room for last week with infection - cost her over £300 medical bills
*slept and ate breakfast there only as paid for bed and breakfast and would have to pay to move to another hotel-couldnt afford to do and not guaranteed to get money returned - however when departure day arrived 2 couples out of 4 were slapped with bar bills!!!! hadnt even been in the place!!!had to pay as would have missed flights!!!
*felt totally victimised at this hotel and WILL be taking this further!

DONOT RECOMMEND ANYONE STAY AT THIS HOTEL!
DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 7th of August 2012

Don't believe what they say

"Me and my child went a few weeks back. When I was looking at the websites and selen 2 popped up. It said it had a slide and had a picture of it so i thought to myself this would be good because it has a slide for my child. My friend who had been before said there was not a slide. So I phoned up and asked them and they said they would get in touch with the hotel and ask so they did and got back to me saying there was. WHEN WE GOT THERE NO SLIDE. Also bad choice for breakfast..

If u want to go on holiday with your child
I do not recommend this hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 4th of August 2012

Hotels near Selen 2 Hotel

Stayed at Selen 2 Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Selen 2 Hotel

• she by she

"we loved the place and the people "

• parrotlady by parrotlady

"Close to beach, bars and shops "

• raymond by raymond

"enjoy ur stay as from reception 2 bar staff they all made us welcum x "

• Lilo by Lilo

"Make sure they give you a room in the hotel and not a grotty B&B! "

• ak4712 by ak4712

"Go to Coco Beach bar and restaurant down by the beach front very cheap and friendly and they have their own Facebook account. "

Selen 2 Hotel is also called