Good

fantastic hotel,lovely staff,great food,highly recommend

Reviewed Mon 14th of May 2012

"this hotel used to be called oylum prestige hotel,it has been taken over by the munamar beach hotel and is now called club munamar beach resort hotel,we stayed april/may 2012,it is wonderful hotel very clean,staff are really friendly and work very hard,food was really great,it has 2pools &1 with a slide,well stocked shop with lovely owner who gave my daughter and her friend free lollipops,free wifi,kids corner,good entertainment,great location,2min walk to beach,shops ect...local dolmus stops right outside if you need to go into marmaris(10mins)we will defo be going back next year"

• Travel date: Mon 14th of May 2012

Lovely hotel, "BUT"

Reviewed Mon 18th of July 2011

"The Munamar is a lovely hotel, in a nice location on the beach in Icmeler. The rooms are furnished well, the food is good, but as in previous review, is spoilt by the eastern european guests who definitely do store food at their tables, lack dress code, are rude and indifferent to every other guest. The children were allowed to run around the restaurant, with mamma pushing food in her little angel's mouth as the kid passed her screaming and shouting.

Would return, but it would be nice to see more English people there as we found we did not speak to another English person for three days after our arrival! Also, the kids screaming all over the place didnt help! Would be nice if it was kid free, or otherwise, they should provide some entertainment for the kids. "

• Travel date: Thu 14th of July 2011

beautiful hotel and location.smashing staff BUT pity about the east europeans and total lack of manors

Reviewed Fri 3rd of June 2011

"we have just arrived back after a lovely holiday. BUT we were upset at the behaviour of alot of the guests from east europe! ie lack of dress code at night, storing food at the tables meal times, and noisey until early hours of the morning. we do not expect this in a four star hotel! the staff tried their best! but it needs strong management to curtail bad behaviour."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of June 2011

Stunning Hotel!

Reviewed Thu 10th of March 2011

"We stayed here in May 2010 after transfering from another hotel in Marmaris - Mamaris was hell but Icmeler was wonderful & this hotel was above & beyond expectation for a 4* in Turkey. Place was clean & food was good - all facilities worked fine & the staff were cutious.
The local bars are quite at 12 so can get a good nights sleep too!
I will be going back this year!"

• Travel date: Fri 4th of March 2011

Not a 5 Star

Reviewed Fri 13th of November 2009

"This is not a 5 star. 3 star at best. Good location, tired hotel with appalling food and bar service. Avoid."

• Travel date: Fri 13th of November 2009

Not a 5 Star

Reviewed Fri 13th of November 2009

"Booked this holiday at short notice to give my wife a rest from looking after her poorly Mother. Location was first class immediately adjacent to the beach. The trip to the mud bath, hot springs and turtle beach were also excellent. The hotel itself was very 'tired looking' for a 5 star. I shall be blunt for the next part - The food was the worst I have experienced in 20 years, we never saw any lamb beef or pork during the entire 2 weeks unless they were within an unrecognisable stew, the bar service and quality of drinks was appalling and god forbid if you asked for a cocktail. The staff were harassed due to understaffing and there appeared to be an awful lot of managers around doing nothing at all. In short this is a 2 star hotel in an excellent location. Recommend you take room only and eat locally. Back to a real 5 Star in the Dominican Republic for us. Oh forgot to add Staff informed us that they were all being sacked at the end of October

Dave Tonks"

• Travel date: Fri 13th of November 2009

Great hotel lovely area

Reviewed Fri 9th of October 2009

"Well just got back from Icmeler. Every year we went to Marmaris. For a change this year to Icmeler. Lovely place. Although it was very empty everywhere(last week of september/first week of october), the weather was lovely.
When we arrieved we didn´t get the room we were sold. We paid for sea view but they gave us a room at the backside. Munamar is a very clean hotel. The rooms are clean and proper. The food is great but a bit cold.
The staff are brilliant and cannot do enough for you. Great chemistry between Sophie and Eray from the entertainment. They even know how to make a bingo evening funny!!!
Didn´t have to fight for sunbeds as there were always some available.
Enjoy your holiday Julie "

• Travel date: Fri 9th of October 2009

"Prestige" - what does it mean in this case?? horrible hotel

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"If you check hotel web site - you would say that a hotel is quite nice and you would expect a great holiday there, as we did. In addition, our travel agency told us that the hotel was renovated this winter 2009 and has recently been upgraded from 3 -star into 4 - star. Of course, we expected to have a great time there. But what a mistake! A surprise and disappointment. The overall impression of this hotel is less than a 2 star!
When we arrived and entered the room, the first impression was like you entered in a small box - the room was quite small, but worse thing is that the ceiling was lower than usual and it makes the room even smaller. But it looked ok at a first glance and we thought: ok, not bad. The room overlooked the pool with a water slide - noise. But it was nothing until we went to sleep in the night - then we experienced a real noise! The hotel is surrounded by streets full of night bars that play horribly loud music and drunk bar guests are screaming and shouting all night. Even with the closed windows, we could not sleep as the noises were so iritating. When we finally fell asleep, we had early morning wake up with traffic noise. It was like somebody put you in a discoteque in the middle of the airport.
Air condition existed in the room, that is true, but it was pointed directly into my head so we could not have it turned on during the night. The other issue is that this a/c was dirtly and dusty, the filters were not washed at all. We complained at the reception and they sent a man who turned it on and said: "it works, what do you want?" - we want it to be cleaned..
Bathroom itself was not bad, small but ok. After two days, the towels were not changed at all and we asked at the reception how often they changed the towel. The answer was: "every 3-4 days, depending how dirty they are. If the claening lady notices they are dirty, she will change them" Imagine this??? What is it, 1 star hotel?
Now I come to the food.. "all inclusive" they said. The food was tasteless, all the same, and the restaurant had that smell.. The waiters were rude, waiting besides you to take your last bite and then theatrically grabbed the plate from you. There were no white table covers on the tables, only some small brown ones which were not changed at all. And the restaurant floor had every day the same dirty spots on it, which were only bigger each day. Who would clean the floor when it would eventually get dirty again?? And restaurant windows were greasy and dirty.
Did I mention spider net in our room?
The good thing was that we went to this hotel through travel agency and when we complained and asked them to change our hotel, the agency moved us to a different and better hotel, which made our holiday quite nice till the end. We got much better room, much better food and much better service and we could finally enjoy our holiday."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of September 2009

Learn Russian

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"Hi, I am just back from a 10 day holiday at Club Oylum Prestige 5th Sept to 15 Sept and thought I would let others know about my holiday. First we arrived at 6am and after 5mins at reception (the man looked very enthusiastic, not) another man helped us to our room with our cases, we gave him a tip and he left, and we just crashed out. Now we booked a twin room and the room was nicely decorated but a bit on the small side with no drawer space for your clothes which you had to leave in your case or put them all on the one shelve in the wardrobe, in saying that you could not fully open the wardrobe doors without them hitting the bed, and balcony was tiny, if both me and my wife sat in the balcony our two knees were touching, thats how small it was, so nice room but very small. The hotel is used by about 90% Russians and I dont have a problem with the Russians as they just kept themselves to themselves its just that it makes it harder to meet other brits as you like to meet other couples when you go on holiday.All the staff could speak fluent Russian so the Hotel is really geared towards the Russians, even down to the food on offer, which was ok for a while but got very repedative (where doesnt) lots of trays of cheese/salad mix, chips for breakfast? plus lots of dishes that the Russians seemed to know what it was as they would all queue up at certain dishes when they were on offer, but you could find something to eat most of the time, now im'e not the type who goes on holiday and expects to have british food on offer all the time but if they could have had it on some days as they did with the Russians then it wouldn't have been so bad, so after about a week we ate out most of the time and we were AI. What i would say is if you are thinking of going to Icemler I would advise you not to go AI as it is so cheap to eat outside, ie breakfast 5tl,/£2, main meal plus a drink each 50tl/£20, there was also lots of set menu's for as little as 16tl/£6.50, so as Destination Expert advised me that if I went AI I wouldn't the next time( I already had). The hotel itself is lovely and the main Bar and Lounge area is beautiful, no faults there but there is no entertainment whatsoever just some background music which sometimes left a lot to be desired, but maybe that was so you wouldn't stay to long even if you were AI. In the bars outside a good tip is if you are having a say vodka orange/ coke or gin tonic ask for your orange/coke etc in a seperate glass or you will go home sober after drinking all night, cos we, and I heard the same complaint from others that there was very little spirits going into the glass, so beware.Icmeler itself is a nice place with many bars/restaurants to go to and you can go into Marmaris on the local Dolmus which are very frequent and you can stop them anywhere and only cost 2tl/80p. So all in all had a good holiday but if your British find another hotel or Learn Russian."

• Travel date: Wed 16th of September 2009

Awful Hotel

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"Have just returned from our holiday yesterday and I'm not one who would usually bother to write a bad review about a place, but thought this place was so far from what should be expected of a 4* that I would.
I'll get the good out of the way first. Icmeler is lovely. Have been to other resorts in Turkey but this was our favourite so far and will definately go back..very pretty and something to suit all age groups.
Was 'greeted' by the most miserable receptionist we have ever encountered but thought maybe he was tired as we arrived early hours so didn't think to much of the fact that he didn't even say 'hello'.
We were then escorted to our room on the ground floor of the block near the reception. To say it resembled a prison cell is no exagaration..it was small, dark and dingy with old battered furniture, fixtures and fittings.The wardrobe space was a joke with one tiny drawer in the bedside cabinet and another in the dressing table. It had a small balcony right by the pavement of a main road where unless you kept the curtains closed everyone walking past could see straight in..the rooms were claustraphobic enough without having to hem yourself in even more.I
have never known my Partner to moan about accommodation in the past but he was so dissappointed that he complained and we got moved up to the second floor the next day but not without a fuss.We paid for a larger room but it was exactly the same size and style with an extra bed squashed in which we didn't need and made the room seem even smaller but at least we could open our curtains.
The lighting was terrible and unless you started getting ready to go out at 5pm you had to do it in the dark. There was one plug socket in the whole room on the opposite side to the mirror and although there was a hairdryer in the so called shower room, it was so tiny and hot and even darker than the bedroom.the window to the shower room was directly on the corridor so unless you exposed yourself to all and sundry you got a sauna to boot every time you went in there.
People were complaining left, right and centre so maybe that's why 95% of the staff were as miserable as sin..you had to see it to beleive it..no matter how big a smile you gave them, how many hi's, pleases and thankyou's you gave, you were lucky if you even got a brief moment of eye contact, let alone a smile! Our cleaners were the friendliest and one of the barmen was fine some days if he was in a good mood..
You were lucky to get a sunbed though a lot of this was caused by guests in fairness as they thought it ok to put their towells on them and abandon them for hours on end.
Ok..moving on to the food.
We are not fussy eaters and always manage to get by, but this place was something else. We went to breakfast twice in ten days. The first day we'd written off as a bad day..there was scrambled or hard boiled egg..dry as a bone but with a bit of buttered toast would be fine..the butter was like waxy lard and there was a two slice toaster for the whole dining room..oh yes and it didn't pop up automatically so once burnt people were starting again..after waiting 20 minutes in the queue I decided I'd just have some cereal on the second day which tasted like cow dung!
We went all inlcusive but after two days was bedridden with tummy bug/ food poisoning.. my partner too, so needless to say we didn't eat there after that..we hadn't eaten anything outside of the Hotel at that point so we were clear where we had caught it.
Many other guests had the same problem too. I did see a deep cleaning process being carried out in the dining room with half a dozen girls lined up stood on the food counters with a man supervising from the ground, so I think the hotel was aware of the real problem even though we were told that our immune system must be very 'weak'...oh that'll be it then! We are both still poorly 9 days on!
The communal areas were fine and we were told that the rooms by the smallest pool were far different from ours and much improved so I can only imagine that any decent review came from guests in that block who didn't eat there..I honestly don't understand how anyone would reccommend this hotel..it was AWFUL!"

• Travel date: Wed 16th of September 2009

Not 4* more like basic 3*

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"Five of us arrived at Club Oylum 4 adults & 1 child. On arrival at 8pm the reception staff we pre-occupied & before 2 of us knew it someone was rushing off with our cases, before we had time to ask any questions. After rushing after him down a corridor, he put our cases in the room then just stood there. Now we do not object to tipping, but we had just arrived & only had notes. He would not leave our room & even though I said I would pop up to see him once settled in & got change. He still hung around so my son after making his own way to his room, try to explain also but no good. We ended up giving him a note, so he could go change it then bring it back. We gave in 5TL & he pulled a face, so this started me off. Next day we had a bit of a lie in, a knock at the door so we said later to cleaning the room. next thing the door opened & in walked the same guy, My husband & I were both naked, so I grabed a sheet, I told him to leave, but he just stood in the middle of the room smirking at us. In the end & shouted at him to get out & he left! The shower cubicle could have done with a good clean & ants everywhere.

The food was very basic & the same everyday, breakfast was a joke & lunch & dinner was repetative. We all had upset stomaches 2 days in to the holiday & continued until we left!!!!!!! 2nd September 09. Cakes at teatime were unreal, melon & dry biscuit
things everyday. Horrible machine coffee & often out of order. Cold drinking water was WARM!

People were putting towels on the beds at un-earthly hours of the morning, then out all day so we had now where to relax at all 3 pools. The one bar closed at 10pm & they stopped serving free drinks promptly at 11am. I was at the bar a 10.50pm & still did not serve me & only wanted a pop!

After 11pm the drinks were 10TL for a Vodka & 9TL for lager (EFES) where as outside they were 4TL & 6TL, rip off to say the least.

Due it not being very family orientated, often boozed up lads would go mad in the pool, so had to take out 4 year old out often as they was tipping lager in it, bomb diving, swearing & really rough. No kids facilities at all!

Overall the weather was fantastic, the people outside the complex friendly & nice, but will not be returning in a hurry that's for sure!!!!!!!

This is not a 4 Star hotel so beware as not value for money at all."

• Travel date: Fri 4th of September 2009

Worst holiday ever

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"Icmeler is beautiful, shame about the Russians and the hotel. When we arrived it was still dark and the hotel looked lovely. We got to our room which was basic with a fridge and small balcony.

We went to breakfast and after a couple of days realised that it is pretty much the same as lunch and dinner.

The Russians are rude and they do not like the British, this caused an atmosphere. The staff prefered the Russians.

There is a stomach bug going around Icmeler and Marmaris, which most of the British suffered with, including my family. I was on a toilet for 12 days and in hospital 1 day. The staff at the hotel did not care that most of the british guests had a stomach problem. They even denied any knowledge of the bug, so a few of us got together and then they suddenly rememberd they had been told about it.

I would recommend this hotel if you are Russian."

• Travel date: Fri 4th of September 2009

Hotels near Munamar Beach Hotel

Top traveller tips for Munamar Beach Hotel

• TurkeyfanLongford by TurkeyfanLongford

"Wonder boys and Three bells "

• davidtonks by davidtonks

"Excellent resort for mature travellers "

• davidtonks by davidtonks

"The wayside Inn - Icmelar "

• jh by jh

"Loved Icmeler - Nice & quite "

• trav by trav

"visit marmaris,especially marina "

• Somerlady by Somerlady

"A boat trip to Turunc is a good day out and a visit to see the Stella Show is a must. "

Munamar Beach Hotel is also called