We have been to the Marti Hotel every yr...

Reviewed Thu 30th of June 2005

"We have been to the Marti Hotel every yr and it is brilliant, we stay in the Marti Vacation Club in Violette I found it hard to believe that someone else who stayed in the same villa as what we do and lives in the north east.

From the minute you get there you know you are going to have a brilliant holiday this yr was extra special as it was are first yr in the villa (Violette) as we walked into reception we were giving a cold towel which was lovely as we had a very hot journey to the hotel we were checked in so fast we went and see out friends who had already been there a couple of days, the pool was as clean as ever we didn’t think the entertainment was as good this year but we didn’t let that spoil our holiday, the food was brilliant also there is a lovely restaurant around Icmeler.

We didn’t watch any of the shows on the night time so we could not comment, we met lots of people who return each year with us, I would recommend this hotel to anyone its BRILL.

• Travel date: Thu 30th of June 2005

This hotel is now 50 yrs old and in need...

Reviewed Tue 31st of May 2005

"This hotel is now 50 yrs old and in need of a total refurb. We paid 2700 pounds for 2 weeks, meant to be five star rating in my opinion should be 3 star.

Hotel grounds are very nice but rooms are dirty. Beds are like sleeping on the floor, tiling around the bath is very grotty also shower curtains. Toilet seat was hanging off & the drains smell all the time.

Food was not five star material. The Jacuzzi by the pool, I'm sure was almost neat urine. We complained about the room they moved us but no better. We also complained about toilet and shower area but nothing was aver done.

We shall not be going back to this hotel again. One last thing, every time we went to reception there was always somebody complaining about the rooms."

• Travel date: Tue 31st of May 2005

Fantastic

Reviewed Fri 19th of October 2012

"We were really impressed with this hotel. We had a fantastic room overlooking the pool and beach which was of a nice size and suitably furnished. The pool area is huge, it's well maintained and the pool itself is lush - clean and huge with 2 water slides.

The food wasn't great, but then what all inclusive food is. The food is more geared at the Russians and Germans, which is a change from the usual British junk you see eveywhere. Nice not to have a choice of chips or chips every night! We rarely ate in the hotel, as there were so many resturants close by that served up the local cuisine - very nice and very cheap, looking at around £20 total for 3 courses and drinks for 2 people. You don't need an awful lot of spending money if you do decide to eat out a lot. If you go to where the main British contingent eat to, then you will encounter very high prices, but if you get talking to locals and other holiday makers, then you will discover some of the more traditional and nicer places. Kerem (just down from Dreamboys) and Waterfalls were the best places we found and highly reccommended by most we spoke to.

Location of the hotel is great. On the beach and a 2 minute walk from the bars and resturants. The entertainment is a bit cheesy, as expected really. Security is good on the gates too, the guards ask to see your All Inc cards if they dont recognise you, so not anyone can just walk in.

Overall, the hotel's great and I would highly reccommend it!"

• Travel date: Fri 11th of March 2005

Not a bad hotel

Good
Reviewed Sat 8th of December 2012

"We ended up at this hotel after paying to be moved from another hotel, so it was a vast improvement on the first. The room and bathroom were lovely, although storage space was at a premium. The room had a fridge and air-conditioning but neither were up to much. The balcony was big and overall, we were delighted with the room. I did however have to complain about the times the maid was appearing - one night it was 5.45pm and we were waiting to get ready for dinner.
The food wasn't up to much and they don't exactly cater for the British. Sometimes a perfectly good meal was wasted by the fact that it was cold or lukewarm. There wasn't much variety and one morning, they were even serving cold chips! At dinner, we would look at the choices and if there was nothing we fancied, we would eat out. The poolside lunches were burgers, chips and pizzas every day and inside the restaurant at lunchtime was always a disappointment.
The location was great and the hotel has it's own private beach. They also supply pool towels everyday. The internet cafe they boast having is one very slow PC. And if you want ice cream for the kids, you can buy it at the hotel shop - don't bother looking for any at dinner in the restaurant.
I would recommend this hotel but don't think that because you are all-inclusive that you won't need much spending money. If you don't like the hotel food, you'll need it to eat out. Don't get me wrong, it's fairly cheap to eat out and the food is brilliant but just don't get caught short. The hotel beer is very drinkable (Efes beer) but the range of spirits is very limited."

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of February 2005

Loved Icemelar

Good
Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"Just got back from Marti La Perla Hotel in Icemelar.The hotel is located in a fabulous position, right on the beach front. The hotel is very clean. In my opinion the only thing that lets this hotel down is the food. Everyday the hotel serves up the same food, most of it was cold. After about 5 days I complained to my rep, she asked me to fill in a report, and in fairness the food did appear to be a little better after that.

During the first week the chefs were barbecuing chicken breasts at lunchtime, near the poolside bar, however, when I asked for some I was told I could not have the chicken, no explanation was given why. They barbecued chicken breasts once during the following week and I was allowed to have them this time, I can only assume that someone had complained previously.

The worst meal in the restaurant was the lunch time meal, most of the time I ate outside near the poolside bar, the food there consisted mostly of pizzas(most of the time they ran out very quickly and you had to wait for the next one to be cooked) chips, burgers and salad. This would be ok for a lot of people, however you tend to get a bit fed up with eating "junk food".

The breakfasts consist of the usual meats and cheeses for the europeans, bacon (which was served twice in my 2 weeks stay)the restaurant opens at 7am and they still hadn't started frying the bacon at 8.10am, as you can imagine there didn't appear to be any organisation,on the 2 occasions when there was bacon, you had to queue up for that, then stand in a seperate queue for the eggs (they were cooked in a small frying pan, which held 3 eggs at a time) with everyone queing, this turned out to be a lengthy process, where most of the time your bacon was cold before you got your eggs.

The hotel caters mostly for Russians and Eastern Europeans, it needs to cater more for the English in my opinion.
Don't be fooled into playing the bingo, as they don't tell you at the time, but all of the games are played for prizes and not for money, the prizes are a bit of a con as they are all for percentages off the shops in the hotel i.e 20% of the hairdresses or 20% off the leather goods shop in the hotel, there is even a prize for 20% off a scuba diving lesson (not very good if you don't scuba dive!!).

Putting all of this aside though, I did have a very enjoyable stay at this hotel (and met loads of nice people)I would possibly consider going back in a couple of years time, if only because of the beach front location of the hotel, and because the hotel is reasonable you can always eat out a few times whilst you are there."

• Travel date: Fri 15th of October 2004

We had a fantastic holiday at this hotel...

Reviewed Wed 30th of June 2004

"We had a fantastic holiday at this hotel we have been 4 times already and are already booked up for next year.

This year we have chosen to go in the Marti vacation club. The food was excellent there is a different theme very night which mean you don’t get bored or the same thing every night. The entertainment was absolute fantastic they don’t force you to do anything it is great fun when you join in thou you will meet some many great people at the hotel the grounds or the hotel are well looked after. We went on a boat trip with people from the hotel, which was really good, and we had the whole boat to ourselves.

We are returning on the 11th of July and the temperature is so hot then so make sure you bring alot or suntan cream. Hope this review has made you want to come to this hotel. Marina, Phil and michaela-15.newcastle."

• Travel date: Wed 30th of June 2004