Grand Yazici Club Turban

Sirinler Mah. Siteler Mevki, Icmeler Turkey

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!

"I can't give this hotel credit enough, it is fantastic!!!!!!

When we arrived, were greeted by extremely friendly reception staff, were told a bit about the hotel & were then escorted to our room by the bellboy, who carried my very heavy cases the whole way!!!

I'll start with the hotel, it is beautiful!!!! We could not fault anything the whole stay, the furniture is lovely, the decor, the cleanliness, everything is wonderful! the hotel has lifts, nice carpet in the corridors, they ahve everything down to the tea!!

The rooms were amazing as well, ours had nice tiled floor with a very large double wardrobe, good sized double bed, a flat screen tv on the wall, dressing table etc. was definitely enough storage space!! the bathroom was very modern, was hot water constantly, never ran out at "rush hour!" or anything like that!!!! we had a full size bath (rare!!!) which had a power shower above it!! there was also air con which was free of charge.

The food was also very nice, always beautifully presented! At breakfast they served cooked breakfasts (minus bacon), all pastries, cereals, tea & coffee, pancakes, omlettes!! And at lunch & dinner they did, kebab, burgers, lamb, turkey, chicken, mashed potato, everything!!! there was always a brilliant choice & we never got bored the whole two weeks!! The 3 A La Carte restaurants were great, we only tried the Italian one but it was lovely & am sure the other 2 are aswell!!

The beach is fantastic & the sunbathing jetty is a wonderful idea, we sunbathed on it everyday!!! attached to the beach is a beach bar, so no need to walk to the pool for drinks. Water and beach was very clean & clear, lots of fishes!! Attached to the beach was the Club Turban Watersports area, we used jetskis with them, they are perhaps more expensive than if you walked into main Marmaris however at least you know that they are a reputable company & vetted by the Hotel even though its run independantly by a man & his son! They do diving, boat trips, jetskis, parasailing, banana boats, the lot!!!

We didn't lay by the pool, however there were 4 pools on the complex all very very nice, the one with the waterslides was fab!!! around the main pool there was always music, aerobics, yoga, dance classes, the entertainment round there was just brilliant!!!

The Spa Centre was great, my boyfriend often used the gym whilst i used the spa pool, turkish bath, sauna & steam room!!! You could also get massages etc if you wanted them!!! Was very nice in there and quiet too most people stayed outside!!

There was alos a great photo team often lurking about that would take hundreds of professional photographs for you, & then you would pick the ones you wanted, buy them & they would print them to whatever size youw anted!! This was a great idea & me and my bf had quite a few done!!!

The hotel is fantastic & I really can't rave about it enough, there is an ampitheatre for entertainment in the evening!! The place is perfect for if you have kids, or want to go away as a couple!!! There is an onsite Doctor, Paramedic & Nurse 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, which again is very reassuring & shoes how great this place is. There's 24 hour security which made me feel very safe & they man every entrance & question who comes in.

The only disappointment for me was the resort itself, we knew Marmaris had a slight brits abroad reputation, we ventured out twice & hated it, normally staying in the hotel would not be my idea of a 2 week holiday but the place is so fab it doesn't matter. We realsied why would you want to go and lay on an over crowded, dirty beach where you pay for sunbeds, when the hotel has a fab beach, free sunbeds and drinks on tap?? same goes for everything in marmaris, don't bother going in there, the hotel has everything you could want without having to stray there!!!! I would say yes, do boat trips, go outside the hotel in the way of trips & to see the real Turkey, but Marmaris is definately not the real Turkey, & if you do venture out of the hotel, you will realise what a Palace the place is!!!!!

Seriously, go here & try it you won't regret it & its worth every penny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 29th of July 2007

Perfect place for a family

"This is a top class, all inclusive, family friendly and beautifully situated hotel.
We stayed in the bungalow part. They also have rooms in the main buildning. Bungalows were nice and comfortable with Ac minibar and television.
Food were very good varied always something for everybody. Lots of fresh vegetables and overall good quality. They also have a a la carte restaurang were you have to make reservation in advance. Very friendly staff. They really worked hard. Lots of activities like tennis, work out, yoga, beach vollyball. Large pool area, children pool and a very nice relax pool were they did´nt play so loud music as they did at the main pool. Own private beach, not to crowdes with a jetty connected to the beach.
3 km from Marmaris center and 2 from Ichclemer. Local buses every five min. 200 m from hotel.
Highly recommended for families"

• Travel date: Sun 1st of July 2007

Club Turban - Ideal Hotel

"Just returned from here, and I was not disapointed.
Great hotel stayed in one of the bungalows which was very nice.
Lots of bars on site so your not stuck with the same drinking hole each day.
Restaurant was ok the choice of food was great the service not so great but we dident let it bother us that much, but would have loved to have a decent glass of wine with dinner instead of the all inclusive one which was on tap.
Only went into Marmaris once one night it was ok but everytime you walk by somewhere a restaurant or a shop the staff are trying to get you in - and there really is only so many times you can say no thank you to them before you feel like a parrot! so we decided to go back to the hotel.
The animation team are ok they are very full on at times so if you are just wanting to relax by the pool think again they will soon disturb you it could be an army full of kids with water guns or it could be when they dress up and act out something - my favorite one was the pair of drunks that they do falling onto the guests who are clearly trying to ignore them, i have to say this made me laugh a lot, thank god they never did that to me though. The night time entertainment was not very good very poor really.
They have their own beech and the views are stunning.
It is the first place that we have stayed where you don't have to be up first thing to leave your towel on a decent sun lounger as there is plenty of them and plenty of places to get a good spot in the sun.
The resort is very clean and well looked after, there is a shop, internet cafe and hairdressers on site.
It was My first time to Turkey and I loved it.
If i had to pick a fault with this hotel then it would be with some of the staff, not all of them but we were often waiting to be served at the hotel bar, we were just ignored at times and the reception team were at times lost with basic requests like our request for an early morning call. We were sold this hotel as being 4 star but some guests were told it was a 5 star resort, the hotel yes is of very high quality but the service is not to a 4 or 5 star standard which you would get in England.

Wonderfull place to go if you get the chance and the weather was fantastic."

• Travel date: Tue 19th of June 2007

WOW! Just Wonderful

"To say I was worried about going to Turkey, ie; Marmaris area's, was an understatement!
However I can say that I was very pleased that the area was well protected but unobtrusively, well done turkish police. I thought I may have been hoiday-ing in an open air prison! No, it was great.

We stayed at the wonderful Turban Palace, I cannot express what a beautiful relaxed comfortable spotless and friendly Hotel this is.......I have one complaint and that is the entertainment lets it down, not by the in-house entertainers, but by the chosen type of entertainment on offer and maybe the not too comfortable open air theatre.

I dont know where to start to explain the amazingly , cant do enough for you attitude, and the amenities, deep lusious matresses on the sunbeds, clean fresh beach towels every day(for a small refundable deposit at end of stay) clean bed linen and towels every day. Bedding and towels arranged in pretty patterns on the bed with fresh roses around them!!!
the setting of the grounds (need to mention a point about this....) unless in the main hotel block, the small groups of apartments are staggered around a pine forrest setting, but close to main areas, just a bit of a climb if you happen to be at the back part.
We were in such a place, but went to reception and explained my wife has walking difficulties and were changed to an even more fantastic 2 bed 2 bath suit, again flat screen tv's on walls in both rooms. No fuss, a quick and easy change with porters collecting our cases while we had a drink. Beautiful grounds though with huge pool and plenty of beds, a short stroll to the private beach, more luxurious s/beds, decking with huge bean bags, more decking out over the sea, ( strong and wide) views of the mountains across the bay...........So so so lovely.

Food, well plenty of it plenty of variation, not too much british type food, but much better than some 5 star ratings I have been to in the past. A little point here, no snacks available in between meals, fine by me, but some people ( mainly Brits, didn't like that)

The Thomson rep, Aly, was a gentleman, and very helpful and most importantly VERY Reliable, treated us like special people, very nice, and no other reason than we were there! what a refreshing change, never ever have I been able to praise the reps before, sorry but it's true.

Please go to Turban Palace, or you might find this GEM will be a Thomson Platinum Hotel next year 07/08.........
Will go back, can't wait.

Not too fussed on the surrounding area's, but didn't much want to leave hotel anyway, but if you 'do' a show, go to the Talk of the Town comedy show, such a hugely funny production, and I defy you not to enjoy it........thanks for reading, sorry to go on a bit, but when you go you'll understand why!!! Happy Hols Guys and Galls...............................................
PS, one thing, the toilets covering the whole of the complex were a bit inadequate, only 2 at opposite ends of complex and a long way to either from the most used area's, may seem a silly grumble, but was anoying, especially when at the pool bar in the evening!!! thta's all.....byeee"

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of October 2006

a lovely, relaxing environment

"My husband, mother-in-law and I have just returned from the Turban Palace hotel. We found it to be a very nice and relaxing hotel. The staff were extremely polite and very hard-working, and the hotel itself was spotlessly clean. Although it had been advertised to be situated in Icmeler, the location was more towards Marmaris. You can walk into the centre by 10 minutes. The food was superb and the entertainment was pretty good- i have seen a lot worse. There is plenty to do at the hotel, including free use of the sauna and Turkish baths. The beach was practically on the door step and the beach bar at night time was so idyllic- just to chill out to ambient music. We will definately be returning to the Turban Palace hotel in the near future"

• Travel date: Thu 28th of September 2006

Turban Palace - Good but not 5 star

"Just returned from a weeks stay. My partner and I had a lovely room and my daughter and mother in law had a room which consisted of 2 bathrooms and had there own room each! The location was not the best, near the road and you could hear the cockeral from the house opposite early each morning but eh it was a good wake up call. Rooms were impressive although there was a lack of storage space. Cleaned daily and new towels daily.

The food was a little disapponting and overall I would say it is not a 5 star hotel. Everything is very clean and tidy as you would expect with a new build. There are plans to extend the dining room and a few more touches for next season.

The entertainment was ok, the staff very friendly and helpful. I would not not like to be there when it is at full capacity as I do not feel they have the space to cater for a full hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 26th of September 2006

Will not go back

"I was at the Turban palace at the end of August:-

The facts are that there are no deluxe or superior rooms at the Turban Palace. So if booking with Thompson Holidays and paying extra for this upgrade see the rep on-site (he is there between 9-10am) and you will be refunded in full in cash there and then.

The Turban palace is not in Icmeler its in Marmaris. This could be a problem if you want to get out for some nightlife, as I believe it exists in Icmeler but is very quiet in Marmaris.

I was not blown away by the holiday. It maybe a 5* hotel but I would put my room at a 3/4* rating and the food at 2* (but I will come back to the food later on).

There was not enough draw space in our room and only very few coat hangers were provided. The bathroom was on the small side. One good thing about the bathroom is that you are supplied with soap dispensers. These are filled with liquid Dove soap for hand washing and another soap dispenser over the bath that was great for washing and hair-washing, so you only need to pack conditioner. There was no room service which you would expect for 5* and there was no tea making facilities. However there is a laundry service. The mini bar in the room is filled with water (and that’s it) daily. Everyone I spoke to who was staying in the attached chalets said they were brill’, with two bathrooms.

Our room was not cleaned thoroughly daily. The beds were made and towels changed daily but the bathroom was only cleaned every 2/3rd day and I never saw evidence of the room being vacuumed during our stay.
My granddaughter’s cot was not made at all and I had to request clean sheets for her! I feel that if I had not asked this would never have been attended to.

There are many power cuts in the evenings and this is a problem when using the lifts; my daughter was stuck in a lift with my granddaughter (due to a power cut) for about 15/20 mins. The lift was in total darkness and did not have an emergency phone, or air-conditioning (it was 42°when we were there!). There was an alarm button, within the lift but as there was not a phone there was no reassurance that anyone could hear her. Advice here is that: - if you are fearful of lifts or are claustrophobic use the stairs in the evenings. I thank the ‘Hotel Relations’ lady for the kindness she showed to my daughter and granddaughter after this incident.

Oh the food ‘be aware’ be very aware. It was poor but worst of all many things are reheated, reserved and resalvaged. One lunch there were little pâtés being made to order (they were like little veggie burgers). In the evening they were served back up in a stew!! Another evening there were Brussel sprouts (with the warm food) and the next day there was a Brussel Sprout salad; oh it was horrid.

One lunch time I had fish, that was being cooked to order and it was opaque and uncooked in the centre of each of the fillets I had, thus it was all inedible. One lunch time all I could find that I wanted to eat was grated carrot and bread!

The food in my opinion was very, very poor and I struggled to find things to eat. The bead was nice and that’s there three times a day so if all else fails stick to that. I did get an upset stomach (despite my vigilance) when there, as did many other guests. Upon my return to the UK I was still having stomach cramps and needed antibiotics to sort this problem out.

Unless at the restaurant early you may have a problem getting seated! The restaurant was not only a disappointment regarding what you were expected to consume there but it was set out like a school dining hall. Its square and the tables are all lined up in rows (I could imagine myself after ‘eating’ putting the chairs up on the tables before being excused to go off an play, it really is that basic and unromantic. There was never enough cutlery and the room is dark (maybe just as well!) so you could not see what you were eating.

There is a ‘Baby Corner’ in the restaurant. This has little tables and chairs, a blender (to puree) but the food provided is only smaller versions of what is there was for the adults. There is no Baked Beans and Chicken Nuggets available for the less ‘educated pallet’; mind you if they had of had we would all have been over there!!! However there were chips on ‘Baby Corner’; irrespective if there were chips on the adult menu. There was a fridge in ‘Baby Corner’ and this contained a jug of what I presumed to be cow’s milk and a jar of biscuits.

Flies on the open food (ie the salads) was a problem, I don’t know how they could remove the problem of flies walking on the food with the lay-out that they have. But I love salads and there were many to choice from but the ‘fly garnish’ was off putting.

The hot food was real school dinner slop (in my opinion). In the morning you can queue for an omelette or pancakes, which were good if you could stand queuing; queuing was difficult as when I was there it was 42° and the restaurant has no air-con, thus queuing by ovens in that temperature was not for the feint-hearted. At lunch and dinner they have a ‘queue for something that is freshly cooked’ service, alongside a flatbread oven that produced a verity of fresh flatbreads and also pasta stall that cooked fresh pasta with various sauces. It sounds great but it was not and these additional services you could queue along time for, they were also often unappetising. We ate out as often as we could and I/we were not the only very, very disappointed customers where the hotel food was concerned.

I took my own tea bags, mayonnaise and tomatoes sauce, this I would recommend but as a tip, if you like marmalade, take that too as their jams and marmalade are not as we know them. One guest went to huge length to get the English a toaster, which was greatly appreciated and well received.

There are other restaurants aside the main restaurant within the hotel but I did not pay to try. I was unprepared to pay for anything that the hotel provided, with its main restaurant as a guide to their catering ability. I preferred to pay to eat out locally and there is lots of choice in the town and on the sea front, all within easy walking distance (and reasonably priced) just be sure of the price before you eat.

The hotel bars were grubby and poorly staffed! Never did I have a cocktail that was made in the same way or tasted the same. One evening I had a Pina colada made from (and I kid you not) Vodka, milk and orange juice!!!! And, may I assure you it tasted like it contained those ingredients; it was horrid and I could not drink it. One lovely (note praise given where is due) drink they did was iced coffee…………..Wow it was drinkable but after two days it was removed and we were not able to get it. There were many excuses as to why:-
1) The blender had broken.
2) Too many children had requested it and it would make them fat thus due to health and safety it had been removed!!!!! I promise that was a reason provided!!!!!!!
3) They could not get the delivery of coffee required to make it.

Whatever! But it was the only thing worth having.

Here is the hotel list of the food /restaurant times.

Breakfast: 07.30 – 10.00
Late wake up breakfast: 10.00 – 10.30
Lunch: 12.30 – 14.00
Snack service: 13.00 – 15.00
Break time: 16.30 – 17.30 (this is tea coffee and cake)
Dinner: 19.00 – 12.30
A’la Carte restaurants: 19.30 – 22.00
Night Soup: 00.00 – 00.30

The ‘Lobby Bar’ within the hotel is open 24hrs a day.

All the dress-codes for all mealtimes and all restaurants is casual but be warned that you can’t go into the dining room at any time wearing a bikini / swimming costume not even if you wear shorts. Your top-half has to be covered, even if with only a t-shirt; men, children and babies have to be covered also.

Only take pounds sterling. There is no need to take any other currency. English £’s are sort after and all accounts, taxies, shops and market traders will accept £ sterling.

Haggle in the shops and in he markets. Half what they ask you, if no joy get out the cash and say hear is what I offer you and if you don’t want my money I will go. If not accepted walk away and they will chase after you and will usual do the deal. I got loads and loads and never paid more that half their original asking price.

Where perfumes are concerned: - ie. 6 for £15.00 say you will have 9 for £15.00 or 18 for £30.00. So if you can’t haggle down as the price is ‘fixed’ stick items on.

The shops are far more difficult to haggle in (not impossible but more difficult). This is due to the shops being fewer and less competitive with one another. But, most of all have fun with haggling; see it as a sport, they do.

The transfer time was 90mins and there was a stop half way.

The hotel entertainment was OK- The poolside entertainment OK. Be warned though if you want a quiet time by the pool, you won’t get it. The activities (and music) are 7 days a week and there are speakers dotted all around the pool side. It’s a holiday camp atmosphere and noisy.

You will need to be up at 7.00am and down by the pool or beach with your towels to get decent sun beds and it’s competitive, well more dog-eat-dog. There are many, many, German and Russian holiday makers there who will be dominant and argumentative to get their spot, so be warned. There were very few parasols and if you have young children you will need them. These have to be ‘marked with a towel’ to get and keep. They are often taken when you go to lunch, so if you are fortunate enough to get one hang something from it at all times or it will be taken from you.

I would say that if you can get this holiday at the right price and you are taking a family (that are not fussy eaters) its just about OK. But for couples that want something better than holiday-camp set up and atmosphere don’t bother. I can only mark this as 6/20. Yes it has ex amount of pools and it has a spar but if the rooms, service and food are poor the facilities and appearance can not compensate for other important/crucial elements.

I will never return.

A BIG PLUS was I met some lovely people. The English were draw to each other moaning about the food etc, etc. My fellow holiday-makers were inspirational, from people I met on the coach to others I chatted to daily by the pool. I thank them for 5* company. I hope all the friends I made had a safe journey home bearing in mind recent problems?"

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of September 2006

Mixed feelings on The Turban Palace

"We have just returned from a 2 week stay at The Turban Palace, we were a party of 7 including 3 children.

Having stayed in 5 star 'All inclusive' hotels in the past I came away with mixed feelings. The main plus points being:-

- Accomodation, we stayed in the grounds.The accomodation consisted of two bedrooms both with a flat screen TV and air conditioning. The main room had a balcony with a bathroom off the hallway and the second room had an ensuite wet room. The rooms I must say are the best I have ever stayed in, they were spacious with plenty of wardrobe space and cleaned to a high standard.

-The setting was beautiful, a large clean pool, plenty of beds and then the beach with 2 jetties and a decked bar. These areas made a welcome change to the pool. A path seperating the hotel and beach was a great way of reaching the resort centres, one way lead to Icmeler, the other to Mamaris; each walk would take approx 40 -50 mins. It was a pleasant walk and very safe, compared to the main roads. At night though you would need a torch! Along this path you can visit the Marmaris Palace, sister hotel with the Turban, you are quite welcome to use the facilities although it does feel much busier there. They use the same bracelets.

- The Panarama bar on the beach front is a nice way to end the evening, the area is decked and right next to the sea, the lighting and views of the sunset over the bay are lovely, you can sit at a table or opt for the huge floor cuhions and just chill!

-Towel service was great, a clean towel any time you like during pool time hours, but hold on to it if you want to save a bed the next day, they don't open until 9.

Unfortunately there were a few minus points to our stay, which I and other guests found to be disappointing and not up to 5 star standard: -

- The dining room was the biggest let down and definately not of 5 star standard, it was every man for himself, including finding a table, getting yourself a glass of wine, queing for food and making your way back to the table, which could be quite far away.

The staff were working flat out clearing the dishes, the tables were not always clean if you were a late diner and food at the counters was not always replemished! There were a lot of flies in the dining room and it could be very warm in there too!

- Food was just alright, we had had enough by the end of the fortnight. A bit lacking in the way of snacks, the facilities were there to do a lot more!

Free icecream was avaiable every Wed but you had to queue and when it was gone, it was gone!

The Italain a la carte (3 Euros per person) again was disappointing, it was a 4 course menu , the lasagne we had was served cold in a piping hot dish, the main dish was also cold!

There were several times when we noticed that meat was under cooked, this was obviously due to the pressure on the chefs to serve the food.

- Drinks, the beer was Turborg, quite pleasant and much nicer served in a glass rather than the plastic cups; we were pleased with the wine too.

The staff at the various bars were clearly overstretched and at times this would result in not being able to have an ice coffee or cocktail. Children often get overlooked at the bar, they wait patiently but the staff will look towards whoever shouts up. The Russians and Germans made there way to the front every time, if only the staff could put them in their place!

The staff work long shifts, we tipped them at the begining of our stay, they deserved it! They returned the favour with good service and a friendly smile!

Entertainment - It was the show at 10 or nothing! The dancers which I would recommend watching were great and worked very hard but some of the shows by the entertainment team were reallly not appropraite for children and were of bad taste unfortunately. It would have been nice to have some alternative evening entertainment away from the ampitheatre where guests could mingle.

- The poolside entertainment was not bad, but the second week there were several loudspeakers erected around the pool and it was ridicuously too loud and uncomfortable. What started off as a nice time relaxing by the pool was ruined by the noise, there really was no need for the volume, several guests complained and resorted to unplugging the cables and turning the speakers to face the sea!

One has to set the alarm clock and put the towels on the bed at around 7 in the morning if you want a good spot!

Possible dangers - The Slides - please be careful as there were a few accidents , people were sliding too close to each other and crashing into one another either in the tube or at the bottom, we witnessed a couple of bad accidents, one needing to go to hospital. Staff need to be at the top of the slides controlling people using them. Also during our stay we learnt that a German boy had died at the local water park, his leg had got sucked into an outlet without a protective cover. Please be aware!"

• Travel date: Wed 16th of August 2006

excellent turkish 5 star

"We stayed as a group of five families (europeans living in Turkey), with 9 children for four days and find this an excellent hotel, with overall superior quality and a lot of entertainment for adults and the children.

The hotel main building is really big as well as the restaurant, so stay away if you are looking for personal and reclusive atmosphere! It is true that being completely new, it needs some fine tunings but on the other hands rooms are clean and immaculate. We all stayed in Famil Room type, which is huge and find no problems at all. Food was generally good and fresh, although as for all the "all inclusive" accomodations is not high quality; worthy of note was the grilled meat or poultry for every meal, which is a life saver for the kids. Queues were never a problem apart for finding a table during the peak hours (13.00 and 20.00) but we never queued for more than five minutes (acceptable for me). Service was reasonable and we had no major problem with language. Entertainment was good, the kids loved it. The hotel has a nice SPA area with a small gym, free sauna and steam bath. This is good since usually you have to pay for it in other hotels.

The only complain is on the availability of sunbeds on the beach and on the pool side. A lot of people put their towels to occupy the seats (more than they needed) before breakfast, so arriving at around 10.30 it was always difficult to find an empty spot, although many of the sunbeds were empty and stayed empty for the rest of the day. But I think this is more an education problem of the guests than an hotel fault.

Overall an excellent vacation, we will go back"

• Travel date: Tue 15th of August 2006

Photo show

"Hi!
I was at Turban Palace from 23. july, to 02. august. Can t say more then the other guy sad. Everything he write is true. More, it has a nice (but rather small if full capacity of Hotel is reached - 2500 persons) beach, and on the other side, it needs to tune up everything. It s still under construction, everything in the hotel is made this year, even sunbeads have manufacturer paper labels still on it!

Children playground is big, but on the sunny side of the building. After 12h it is completely under the sun.

Bad thing for me is that air conditioning system in my room didn t stop cooling when reached desired temperature, so first night i got cold and sick, just because it gets too cold in my room overnight.

You could get bored of food after ten days, but it didn t mean the food is bad.

Overall, its above average Turkish 5 star hotel. I mean for hotel standards there. Almost real 5 star hotel, and I think, maybe the best in Marmaris.

Vlada, Belgrade, Serbia"

• Travel date: Fri 4th of August 2006

beware of icmelerexcusions

Good

"we have just returned from a fab holiday in marmaris, we stayed at the hotel turban, its a 5 star hotel & you do get 5 star service, the staff, food, drinks are great as are the rooms but now the downside, we booked to go on a boat trip on-line with icmelerexcursions through ago travel they sent a e-mail stating it was booked & we could pay when we got there we checked their web page & everything seemed above board,they came to the hotel we paid them the money & when the day came to go on the boat trip no one arrived, we got the reception to ring them & they said they were on their way, no one came, we couldnt get in touch with them till the next day & the man who answered the phone said it was he,s BROTHER who took the booking & he would get him to ring me back, im still waiting, the reception staff tried again for me but to no avail, so anyone going to turkey beware of this company,next time il book through the travel company, you will pay more but you will go on your trip!"

• Travel date: Sat 5th of May 2012

Get a Receipt

Good

"Stayed here the last two weeks of the season, thankfully reasonably quiet. The rooms are adequate but short on storage, no drawers and onl 4 hangers in the wardrobe. Our chamber maid (lovely lady) brought us some hangers another guest had left behind.
I found the food very varied and plentiful. Although a lovely hotel it's not 5* by English standards. But as it's beyond the main drag of Marmaris that's very much in it's favour.
I have to agree with a previous reviewer who warned of the 'Paradise' Hotel that was used on the last day Dalyan trip - tne food was only just fit for human consumption.
If you pay for a card for your beach towels make sure they give you a receipt, no receipt at the end of your stay and you don't get you deposit back.

• Travel date: Tue 8th of November 2011

Hotels near Grand Yazici Club Turban

Stayed at Grand Yazici Club Turban? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Grand Yazici Club Turban

• by

"Busy, touristy and not relaxing however just a couple of kilometers out is this hotel "

• Andy D by Andy D

"Very pretty, not too much hassle and som e good restaurants "

• Andy D by Andy D

"La Grotta restaurant was excellent Italian food "

• GLORIOSA by GLORIOSA

"location fab area to walk no hills long walks between ismere and mamaris "

• sweetcath by sweetcath

"over priced and rated "

• Poppie by Poppie

"Don't expect British 5*. Do expect a relaxing holiday. This Hotel is not on the main drag of Marmaris so is very peaceful. "

Grand Yazici Club Turban is also called