What an amazing place. The apartments we...

Reviewed Fri 12th of October 2007

"What an amazing place. The apartments were nice, good size, and everything you need. You can hire a safe in your room, for £5 a week which is well worth it!

The guys there, David, Jamie, and Ferdi were top blokes, they will do anything for you, and nothing is too much trouble. Cleaners were great, lovely people.

Loved the apartments so much we have booked for 3 weeks next year! Pool area is beautiful, bar area is lovely and the apartments are located in such a great place, right near the beach, tanser (supermarket) and all the bars! Brilliant.

• Travel date: Fri 12th of October 2007

10/10 what a joke. 11/10 is more like it...

Reviewed Mon 27th of August 2007

"10/10 what a joke. 11/10 is more like it.

We have stayed at the Avlu twice now and have just booked for next year.

The rooms are very clean and are cleaned on a daily basis (even if you end up the worse for wear and sleep in). The pool is excellent and is cleaned every evening the Turkish night is a definite must the bar is relaxing and clean.

Now the staff... it is like going on holiday with friends there is NOTHING that they would not do for you, no job too big. They are so much fun and all work very hard.

Icmeler was my first flying holiday and I must say I am definitely not a fan but Icmeler is worth the nerves.

The food is the best in Icmeler (we tried to kidnap the chef for my teenage daughter who adores his chicken burger with a twist) the pasta dishes are to die for and the steak is amazing.

Whatever your choice is be it shopping, sunbathing or just chilling by the pool I promise you that you will book again to Avlu 1.

Jamie and Ferdi the bar staff will be there to welcome you and David the manager will be there to torment you. A good bunch of friends you will leave behind and long to see again see you in 3 weeks boys..."

• Travel date: Mon 27th of August 2007

It was our first time in Turkey and had...

Reviewed Mon 9th of July 2007

"It was our first time in Turkey and had a brilliant time - I'd recommend the Avlu 1 apartments to anyone. Situated at the end of the strip, you are very near to the bars and restaurants but there's no problem with any noise. The beach is about 5-10 mins walk away and is pretty decent.

We spent most of our time at the Avlu pool where it was great to chill out where the food and drink was good value for money. The manager David plus bar staff Jamie and Ferdie are top blokes and we had a good laugh with them. They were so friendly and hospitable.

The rooms are basic, clean and the maid service is spot on. The food is excellent and good prices - chicken burger and chips around £2 and one night we eat in the bar and had a lovely steak and chips for about a fiver! It is so good, we met a couple of families who have been coming to Avlu each summer for the past four years!

The restaurants are not bad but if you want quality food, make sure you visit the Love Boat or the Chef next door. The other places become really loud at 9pm where the waiters start doing the Macarena etc, which is entertaining the first time, but not every night and you can't hear yourself speak!

Make sure you do the Turkish Night (about £13) where you get good entertainment, a big meal and unlimited beer! The fake clothes aren't bad, but haggle to get cheap deals. Offer half the price, then meet in the middle. Go to walk out of the shop and they soon drop their prices! I got 4 Lacoste polo's for £10. The traders are annoying when they come up to try to sell you stuff, so best bet to ignore them. Cigarettes are cheaper at Dalaman airport.

Everywhere accepts English money as the Turkish Lira fluctuates so much and the Pound is better for them. Change your money in Turkey for a better rate of exchange or just use English!

The only downside is the 1.5hr transfer from the airport, but you have a stop on the way and the coach has air con, so it's not too bad. Apart from that, we couldn't fault anything else in the holiday... Well apart from exorbitant prices at Dalaman airport for food and drink. Beer and a Coke cost £10 and a Burger King Whopper £5!

Overall, thanks to David, Ferdie and Jamie for a wonderful stay!"

• Travel date: Mon 9th of July 2007

First time in Turkey and am glad we pick...

Reviewed Sat 26th of May 2007

"First time in Turkey and am glad we picked these apartments; they were cleaned every day by really friendly people. When we arrived we were made immediately welcome by David and his crew (Jamie and ferdie) they couldn't do enough for us, they all went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. Highly recommended for a relaxing holiday far enough from all the hustle and bustle of the resort, but still only 5 mins from the beach and the centre. When we return we will definitely return to Avlu 1 Apartments. Also its worth trying Captain Bull**** for a meal, the staff and food are excellent."

• Travel date: Sat 26th of May 2007

My partner and I stayed for 2 weeks in A...

Reviewed Sat 12th of August 2006

"My partner and I stayed for 2 weeks in Avlu 1. The holiday was great. The staff at Avlu were friendly and helpful and became friends with all. We were a short walk from the beach and had some lovely walks in the evening along with beautiful scenery all around.

To any one considering using the coaches to and from the airport and apartments, please make sure the driver is competent and awake enough to do his job efficiently. Our driver crashed our coach while taking us to Dalaman airport. We were both badly hurt. The driving in Turkey is dreadful so take care.

You should visit Captain Bull**** restaurant for a meal and to on his boat trips. They are memorable. Have a good holiday and take care."

• Travel date: Sat 12th of August 2006

This was my first trip to turkey and I m...

Reviewed Thu 27th of July 2006

"This was my first trip to turkey and I must say I thoroughly enjoyed it! We only went for one week but next time it definitely will be longer. We stayed in Avlu 1 apartments and thought the staff were very pleasant and helpful and would be there basically at your beck and call!

The Turkish people in general are lovely but be sure if there is something to sell they will try their best to sell you it! I would recommend Avlu apartments to families or for couples looking to just relax away from the bustle, saying that it's only a short walk to the many restaurants and bars."

• Travel date: Thu 27th of July 2006

I went to Avlu II in May and it was the...

Reviewed Tue 4th of April 2006

"I went to Avlu II in May and it was the best holiday I have ever had in my entire life! There are plenty activities to do in Icmeler.

The one I enjoyed the most was the Jeep Safari. I would definitely recommend anyone who stays in Icmeler to go on the jeep safari! It is an unforgettable memory of mine and always will be! The people there are very friendly and like to have a good laugh with all their visitors. I would definitely go back!"

• Travel date: Tue 4th of April 2006

I have been going to Icmeler for the las...

Reviewed Mon 6th of March 2006

"I have been going to Icmeler for the last 7 years I have stayed at Avlu 111 several times it is ideal.

The beach is about 3 mins away and you are central to all the shops and bars. The people are friendly and nothings to much trouble. I travel with my friend and sometimes I just take my grandson who will be 11 yrs this time. He loves it there and never wants to come home.

Each year I go back I meet up with old friends but always make new friends as well I wouldn't go anywhere else."

• Travel date: Mon 6th of March 2006

We booked thru Icmeler travel centre & t...

Reviewed Wed 31st of August 2005

"We booked thru Icmeler travel centre & they were fantastic, they organised transfers from the Avlu 4 Apartments to the airport etc.

Carol, double checked our flights etc 24 hrs before we left ensuring that there were no changes.

I would definitely recommend Icmeler travel centre for future holiday bookings & the Avlu 4 Apartments were great.

The location was ideal, no long walks, everything was within a few mins walk & was still out the way of any pub/restaurant noises.

The apartments were clean, the maids were in on a daily basis, the staff were fantastic - i will be booking these apartments again (hopefully they will not be booked up)!!!!!!

• Travel date: Wed 31st of August 2005

We went to the Avlu 111 apartments on th...

Reviewed Wed 31st of August 2005

"We went to the Avlu 111 apartments on the 16/09/05 and the were wonderful this was our 7th time to turkey 5 in Icmeler

2 in Avlu 111 just booked to go back next year

These apartments are spotless close to the shops clubs and the people are wonderful they have a maid that keeps the rooms beautifully clean I can’t praise them enough I would advise anyone to book these you wont be disappointed.

• Travel date: Wed 31st of August 2005

We’d never been to Turkey before and d...

Reviewed Wed 31st of August 2005

"We’d never been to Turkey before and didn’t know what to expect.

Avlu 1 is brilliant and I'd recommend it to anyone, unless you want a wild and noisy holiday that is. It is situated close to the town but all activity ceases by 1am.

There are around 600 restaurants in Icmeler so you can't do them all in a fortnight. Boat trips are a must and cost £10 including lunch. The Turkish people are unbelievably friendly, the only downside is that they all want to sell you something. However, they will take no for an answer! The weather in the last two weeks of September was around 30 degrees and it only rained once and that was during the night.

• Travel date: Wed 31st of August 2005

I thought the people working in Avlu 2 w...

Reviewed Sun 31st of July 2005

"I thought the people working in Avlu 2 were brilliant people they always put themselves out for you and take care of you, anything you wanted they would get you! Fez took care of us and was a brilliant person! The apartment was clean and the cleaner was really nice and did a good job! We are coming back next year!!! Turkey is the most wonderful place I’ve ever been to in my life. I’d just like to add that I absolutely love the wonder boys fun pub the people are wicked and I love them all!! Oh and they do great cocktails try one if you go there!!!!! Laura x x"

• Travel date: Sun 31st of July 2005